ICC World Cup 2023: India v Australia | Final | Ahmedabad | 19 November | India innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been better to score 30-40 more runs. That's entirely on Rahul.
When Rahul and Jadeja was playing i thought we can score around 270 which is competitive score but this is very low total to defend . Australia will come hard in PP .game will almost finsihed after 10 over

There is not alot for spinners in this match. Spinners took only 2 wickets so Aussies just need to play calmly against Jadeja and Yadav

must be heart breaking for india if they lose today came all the way up just to choke in finals

India batted poorly but 40 too many for our Aussie brothers.
Nah, Starc said that hoping for dew come in ;)

There was heavy dew last night on the same ground. 240 is not a hard target unless Indians bowl out of their skin with dew.

I don’t believe the pitch is as bad as the commies are presenting it to be. There was no spin no ridiculous swing. Just very standard asian pitch. Slow and sluggish. Australian bowled brilliantly and India played too cautiously in the middle overs. They could have gotten more runs by just playing good cricketing shots like 4 over the covers.

Australia will play very aggressively in the first 10 overs. It’s Australia’s game to lose.

Would have been better to score 30-40 more runs. That's entirely on Rahul.
That middle stages again. Might come to hunt India. 66 off 107 balls with one boundary, seriously? that’s even slow in 90s standard. He didnt rotate strike well at well he slowed the innings to a complete standstill, added pressure on VK too.

When Rahul and Jadeja was playing i thought we can score around 270 which is competitive score but this is very low total to defend . Australia will come hard in PP .game will almost finsihed after 10 over
Nah in these conditions it's a winning toyal.

Aus will need dew.

You underestimate these conditions and how it can bring about wickets.

must be heart breaking for india if they lose today came all the way up just to choke in finals
Other team is not just to make up numbers. Whoever plays better on the day wins the game.

There is not alot for spinners in this match. Spinners took only 2 wickets so Aussies just need to play calmly against Jadeja and Yadav
Can't compare Maxwell and Zampa against Indians with Kuldeep and Jadeja against Brittle aussie lineup. Key is if they will bowl before dew sets in

Nah, Starc said that hoping for dew come in ;)

There was heavy dew last night on the same ground. 240 is not a hard target unless Indians bowl out of their skin with dew.
We were expecting dew in our game and it never came lol. Instead we got slowed up with the older ball.

Nah, they just have superiority complex. This is just arrogance masquerading as champion mentality.
That's a big leap. Saying you want to silence a crowd does not mean you have some sort of superiority complex. It's a pretty generic and normal statement.

So now where were those people who were talking about fixing ?

Like I mentioned earlier back in the days there was a toy which you would wind up and then it would do a dance, you've been in a similar situation

On tv people will give controversial statements for TRP on social media for views likes etc..

Gosh nobody knew who hassan raza was untill india gave him his 2 min fame

And nobody took the fixing allegations seriously

And people in pakistan have forgotten about it only some Indians are still clinging on to it

Indians won't give up for sure. This will be a tough fight. First 10 overs are the key. Ball will nip around under lights and aussies will be going hard. Match will be setup there

Like I mentioned earlier back in the days there was a toy which you would wind up and then it would do a dance, you've been in a similar situation

On tv people will give controversial statements for TRP on social media for views likes etc..

Gosh nobody knew who hassan raza was untill india gave him his 2 min fame

And nobody took the fixing allegations seriously

And people in pakistan have forgotten about it only some Indians are still clinging on to it
I'm not talking about others but a lot poster here on PP were talking about fixing.you can read page 5-6-7 .

We were expecting dew in our game and it never came lol. Instead we got slowed up with the older ball.
Different ground. Dew was not there on previous night on that ground.

Here there was a heavy dew last night. Let's see, I think it was great toss to win for Aus if dew comes. I think 270-280 was par score here given all conditions.

Aus 65/35 for me.

Is Dua Lipa going to perform now

Really wanna hear the crowed chant “haaaan yahaaaaa qadam qadam pe…”

Mitchell Starc said, "it wasn't easy to bat on, but Rohit, Virat and KL did well".

As me and many like myself said a million times

Not winning a SINGLE ICC tournament in 10 years is no COINCIDENCE

These fake superstars Will always choke under pressure

get them to work on mental strengthening

And stop making demi gods out of normal average cricketers who only do well in useless bilaterals

With the dew expected, no chance for india

Imagine the epic meltdown on this site if
- hitman had won the toss
- Aus were 240 ao
- one or two were DRS decisions

Every cricketing and non cricketing aspect would have been dissected with a fine tooth comb.
the internet would have melted.
not to speak off, the TV, Tablet and mobile phone companies and repairers in a particular company telling their employees to work overtime
:ua

I'm not talking about others but a lot poster here on PP were talking about fixing.you can read page 5-6-7 .
That's exactly what I'm talking about 🤣

Even I make fun of India about pitches balls bcii icc etc.. but that's just banter we seriously don't believe that Pakistanis arnt backwards as you may think

Nah in these conditions it's a winning toyal.

Aus will need dew.

You underestimate these conditions and how it can bring about wickets.

Lol. A kiwi trying to undermine his superior neighbours.

Joke aside I agree. If dew plays no part then it's anyone's game.

But if dew does come in then Australia can take their time and accelerate when the dew becomes a factor

Shami will be key
No hopes on Bumrah in KO ( hope he will prove me wrong)
Siraj don't know which side of bed he got up today
Kuldeep can do magic if no Dew and Maxwell gets out early

So many ifs and buts

Judging by 1st innings, pitch is very hard to bat on. 240 seems more than enough if I'm honest.

Mitchell Starc: "You can always plan for things, the way we contributed with the ball is fantastic first up and now out there (need to do the job) with the bat. There is not a whole heap of help for the seam bowlers and swing bowlers, was trying to do a few different things, vary the pace a little bit. Patty (Cummins) and Josh (Hazlewood) were outstanding and obviously a little bit of reverse at the back end. Hopefully we restricted them to enough (runs). We bowled second here against England and it was a little dewy, the wicket (today) is a little bit dry and hopefully the dew comes in and we don't see any reverse in the second innings, not an easy wicket to bat on, the easiest time to bat perhaps is against the hard new ball and there are runs to be scored and it is not going to be easy, but it is what you ask for, it is a world cup final. What more can you ask for”

Shami will be key
No hopes on Bumrah in KO ( hope he will prove me wrong)
Siraj don't know which side of bed he got up today
Kuldeep can do magic if no Dee and Maxwell gets out early

So many ifs and buts

Is this merely based on India's previous semi and 2017 CT final?

No chance for Indian win and MOTM for this finale goes to either head or Warner. India don't deserve to win after pathetic batting display Today.
Agree we don't deserve to win the WC after such bad batting. Kohli and Sharma need to Target 24 t20 or 25 CT as their swansong

If the pitch gets slower and turns and reverse swings India will win it. If it stays ok and dew comes in, game over as it’s not enough on the board.

Ind needs wickets up front quickly, need aus 2 down before they reach 50. Slow the rr make sure aus get 50 slow past 13overs. Make sure their 100 comes not before 23overs, making it slow and hard earned…

Lmao why is there a WC halftime show featuring singers singing India will win.

No neutrality at all. Pathetic.
so why dont you give your suggestions to the ICC/Un/WHO et all as to how would celebrations be done/how to live our lives?

Lmao why is there a WC halftime show featuring singers singing India will win.

No neutrality at all. Pathetic.
It was pre planned a day before .there will be laser light show during Australia innings first drink break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back