ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (172/5) deliver a telling blow to Pakistan's semi-finals chances with a 5-wicket win over Sri Lanka (171)

While I hope the match is completed, I should add that do not get carried away by bright sunshine you see for now.

Bangalore has a unique micro-climate and if it rains it usually does in the evening. We often have sunny days followed by rain - either brief or persistent - from evening thru the night.

Boult has got a big wicket. Mendis is gone. Sri Lanka is 30/2 after 4.1 overs.

spongy bounce? LOL

Stop listening to Ramiz Raja's commentary. That makes no sense
No commentary here, just watching it on mute. Southee is getting few balls to bounce of good length but mostly the ball is keeping low when edged.

While I hope the match is completed, I should add that do not get carried away by bright sunshine you see for now.

Bangalore has a unique micro-climate and if it rains it usually does in the evening. We often have sunny days followed by rain - either brief or persistent - from evening thru the night.
PAK have to beat England no matter what to qualify. They'll be much happier with this match being washed out.

Boult has 2 in this over. Sadeera Samarawickrama is one. Sri Lanka in deep trouble. 32/3 now

Congrats NZ

SL are lowly ranked team for a reason, only one batsman averaging 40+.

I hope Sadira Samarawickerma does not turn out to be another Litton das. Dude has all the shots, classy when on song.
Has massive concentration issues just like that dismissal
I hope with hard work and proper coaching he becomes a better player. Wonderful to watch.

Even rain gods might not have enough time to have a say, SL is beyond pathetic.

Appreciate the help from ICC.

ICC and BCCI will do everything they can to get SL over the line here, maybe even the emergency sprinklers will go off too.

Maybe Jay Shah will hit a chair shot on Williamson.

A Pak v Ind semi in India is too good of a cash cow.
Sully Bhai, do the rain dance as long as you can . SL are not good brothers :amla

Here is probably the most optimistic way at looking at this now...

If Maxwell could score a double hundred while cramping when his team are 7 down, then what is stopping Kusal Perera from getting a 200?

:rabada2

This SL team batting is a joke.

Clueless for large parts, lacks skills and temperament to build innings.

Such a disappointment!

Time to find the best seat on the plane boys.

comp-1-6_1695829724.gif

Parerra is looking in some touch here. Southee has been smashed for 4 and a 6 again

Hopefully its Kusal Perera's day. He can alone take SL to a decent total if he plays out 20 overs.

Here is probably the most optimistic way at looking at this now...

If Maxwell could score a double hundred while cramping when his team are 7 down, then what is stopping Kusal Perera from getting a 200?

:rabada2

For him to score 200 he needs someone to stay at the other end.

Secondly, even if he scored 200 the total won't be enough. NZ will chase it easily.

TBH, it's all airy-fairy. Another uppish 4 over covers. Risky.

That was a good shot through point. Good cricket is good cricket, irrespective of who it's played by.

Oh boy. Kusal Parerra has southee cornered in this over. Big over for Lanka here. 52/3 after 6 overs.

I posted in the NZ vs PAK match thread. Watching in the stadium, Southee looked like an absolute trundler and Boult was not much better.

Saffers and Aussies would have got more out of this track by hitting that length hard.

NZ bowling is crap without movement

Parera is fed up with his team and is taking matters in his own hand.

Sri Lanka will be lucky to get 150 here.

Pakistan, Sri Lanka and England have made zero preparations for this World Cup and are rightfully being smacked silly every match.

Perera owning Southee...pathetic bowling, either too short or too floaty picthed up , no trouble getting those boundaries.

Back