ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (172/5) deliver a telling blow to Pakistan's semi-finals chances with a 5-wicket win over Sri Lanka (171)

How? Which match did they get lucky? Pakistan is the lucky one to be still in contention for semis after the disaster play they have shown.

Pakistan is better placed than Afghanistan and that's why they're still in contention and Afghanistan isn't. The table doesn't lie.

My friend from Banglore says it’s bright n sunny in Banglore. I don’t know where’s 80% chances of rain later in the evening coming from..

I hope Sri Lanka gets kicked out of the CT. They don't deserve to qualify

Ok - what’s the weather forecast? Looks like Lankans are hell bent to give PAK a target of beating Poms inside 10-12 overs or by 300+ margin.

Rain way is better than that ……

Even by SL standards… this is p awful. They really don’t care.

Ok - what’s the weather forecast? Looks like Lankans are hell bent to give PAK a target of beating Poms inside 10-12 overs or by 300+ margin.

Rain way is better than that ……

It's all over bro.

I hope Sri Lanka gets kicked out of the CT. They don't deserve to qualify

If SL lose badly, it is good for BD. That would mean BD may go to CT 2025 even if they lose against Australia (depends on NRR).

Sri Lankan players must really not want to play in the Champions Trophy.

That was in the morning, now the weather has cleared, no rain expected for rest of the day/ evening.

Bad news for Indians they would have feasted on paks buffet bowling.

NZ got the measure of Ind should take them out comfortably.

Pakistan and England matches were pure luck. Everyone knows Afghanistan will never be able to repeat these victories. It was a one-off thing.
Even Maxwell innings is pure luck, one off thing else they would have won even that right!

Pakistan and England matches were pure luck. Everyone knows Afghanistan will never be able to repeat these victories. It was a one-off thing.
Did you even watch those matches, in one, Afg bowled out the defending champions. And in other, they chased a good total of 280+ with 8 wickets in hand.

Bro, you don't understand cricket if you think that is luck.

Sri Lanka are perennial losers

Stupid to expect anything from these jokers

Thanks alot for costing Pakistan a semi final spot!

Mathews and dhanjaya need to play test match mode to even get half decent score for Lankans here

Someone tell SL that this is an ODI not t20. At this rate they will be all out for 120 in 15 overs.

To All the quadrat ka nizaam boys you still have a hope if Matthews plays like maxwell 😉

Did you even watch those matches, in one, Afg bowled out the defending champions. And in other, they chased a good total of 280+ with 8 wickets in hand.

Bro, you don't understand cricket if you think that is luck.

It is lucky because it is something they've never done before nor will be able to do again.

It's all over bro.
To be honest, PAK don’t deserve a SF. Don’t get me wrong, but in my life time I haven’t seen a professional, elite Test team being so flat like PAK in that AFG game defending 282. Then against SAF, 5/6 batsmen got over 30, none over 60 and all out with 4 overs at hand…. then lost by last pair taking 10 runs!!!!

Also, a little careful calculation at the big picture - could have kept IND 10 overs more in bat, could have batted 5 overs less against BD and should have beaten Dutch by bigger margin. They missed last time by NRR and looked like we remembered that, players forgot.

Let's agree to disagree. There's enough there for seamers to work with if they hit the right length.
It s the usual flat track. If you bowl the right track on any track seamers will be effective. That doesn't mean it asists bowlers right?

Most likely scenario-
NZ will Chase in 35 overs then Pakistan need to win by 225 runs or chase in 14 overs

Sri Lankans need to slow the game down.

This is not the Hong Kong Sixes.

It s the usual flat track. If you bowl the right track on any track seamers will be effective. That doesn't mean it asists bowlers right?
There's more bounce on this track. Previous match was a flat highway - uber flat even by Bangalore standards.

NZ RR will get a significant boost that for Pak to qualify will have to beat Eng by 320 runs or chase it in 7 overs.

Pakistan escapade finally ending

This is not a easy wicket to bat so I guess NZ even if it wins, won't win by a big margin.

Pak needs to chase ENG total in 29 - 30 overs and they can get through on NRR if everyone plays like Afridi
Problem with low scoring games is that, game might be close in terms of wickets, but no overs. Say SRL all out for 170 & Kiwis chase that for 173/8 …. Damn close game, but chased inside 35/38 overs may be. Not helping PAK.

AM arrives and looks like wanting to make up for last match...in a hurry, will be entertaining and fun to watch

Perera reminded me of Jayasuriya. Not much feet movement. He just hit through the line. Wish it had lasted a bit more. I was quiet enjoying his hitting.

Dhananjya is pretty solid test batter but for some reason he sucks at odis. Also think SL have gotten his batting position completely wrong in odis

NZ RR will get a significant boost that for Pak to qualify will have to beat Eng by 320 runs or chase it in 7 overs.

Pakistan escapade finally ending
I can convince you bro
Pak win toss against england choose bowl
Shaheen get 2 wickets in his first over.
Wasim jr take 2 wickets in 2 overs wickets of root and stokes.
Rauf will get fifer
One run out by shadab direct hit from fine leg.

61 all out

Pak to chase down in 4.2 overs
Fakhar hit 17 ball 50.

Best thing for Pakistan is SL stay out there as long as possible for rain to come in

Back