ICC World Cup 2023: New Zealand (248/2) beat Bangladesh (245/9) comfortably by 8 wickets

After 27 overs, Score is 126/4. Shakib is going a bit slow here. If Bangladesh wants to put respectable total on board then they need to bat better then that.

This pattern is not good. Boundary of the first all of the over and then dot dot dot. They need to rotate strike to turn it into a big over.

Bangladesh are not cut out for international cricket. Decades of experience and yet they fail to stop being minnows.
Yet, people rate Afghanistan on this forum who don't have a single ODI win against a Top 6 side despite being around for 9 years ?

BD became regular ODI feature only around 1998 and pretty sure they had wins over India, PAK, SA and even Australia I think by 2007.

Back to back 50 for Mushfiqur. BD need him batting 4. Stabilising the innings, accumulating runs, playing the long innings! As the top 3 always fall cheaply!

Ferguson has got the big fish. Shakib is gone after hitting him for a six. 152/5

There was no need for that shot when he already hit six on previous delivery
He was suffering from cramp. Shot was one on the leg side was shorter boundary, poor execution though! Any decent connection would have been 6 again!

Mushfiqur rahim is gone as well now. After 36 overs, Bangladesh is 175/6. Big Score is looking far away from Bengal tigers. Not good for them.

One poor shot by shakib has completely messed up what was turning out to be a very good recovery.. Complete lack of game awareness from a person playing his 5th World Cup. That's criminal.

Another match BD wont bat 50 overs. Something has to give. It’s been going on far too long.

Mossadekk Hossain would have been good inclusion in the side plus bowls offspin player few icc events before. Picked 5 pacers when 3 or 2 will play mostly for BD. No other middle order batsmen in the squad.

Lockie ferguson is so underrated.

He's > wood atm given current form, although wood when he was in form was >

Bro look at the opposition

Before a match you guys always say things like England will smash NZ, Or it will be a close match between Bangladesh and NZ(Ik you didn't say it, but many others did)

But anytime I tell you you're wrong, and the match proves it, you guys say oh the pitch was easier to bat for NZ but England batted on a harder pitch, or the opposition is bad

Ferguson has been gun in terms of line, Length and pace today. He'd trouble anyone. Granted he's inconsistent and I don't expect him to pull this off again. But your logic doesn't make sense. By this logic matt Henry who's 100x more consistent then ferguson shpuld have had a 5 wicket haul by now.

NZ, SA and India are the 3 strongest teams of the tournament. My picks are still NZ, SA, India and either one of Pakistan or England for semi finals.

England I'm not sure cause stokes won't be the same, After seeing Smith stokes ain't repeating heroics. England is seriously crippled without Morgan, 2019 stokes. Root, Morgan and stokes provided balance.

Rn their filled with senseless bazzball hitters besides root. They would have been bowled for 200 had root not steered. So their too hard to predict this tournament.

Australia is Fodder this tourney. Their 2nd string team is >>>> their 1st string has been team atm.

Taskin Ahmed has better technique than Hridoy and most of the BD top order

Before a match you guys always say things like England will smash NZ, Or it will be a close match between Bangladesh and NZ(Ik you didn't say it, but many others did)

But anytime I tell you you're wrong, and the match proves it, you guys say oh the pitch was easier to bat for NZ but England batted on a harder pitch, or the opposition is bad

Ferguson has been gun in terms of line, Length and pace today. He'd trouble anyone. Granted he's inconsistent and I don't expect him to pull this off again. But your logic doesn't make sense. By this logic matt Henry who's 100x more consistent then ferguson shpuld have had a 5 wicket haul by now.

NZ, SA and India are the 3 strongest teams of the tournament. My picks are still NZ, SA, India and either one of Pakistan or England for semi finals.

England I'm not sure cause stokes won't be the same, After seeing Smith stokes ain't repeating heroics. England is seriously crippled without Morgan, 2019 stokes. Root, Morgan and stokes provided balance.

Rn their filled with senseless bazzball hitters besides root. They would have been bowled for 200 had root not steered. So their too hard to predict this tournament.

Australia is Fodder this tourney. Their 2nd string team is >>>> their 1st string has been team atm.
Bro you can't judge ferguson after 1 game that's all I'm going to say

Bro you can't judge ferguson after 1 game that's all I'm going to say

That's fair. I don't mind that. But NZ this whole tournament cultivated players. Ravindra bashing, Ferguson striking, none of these are coincidences, that's all I'll say.

Tailender or not. Years of playing international cricket yet still doesnt know how to give strike back to lain batsman!!

I am surprised BD are not playing an extra spinner here.

Nasum should've played.
Mahedi should’ve played bro! He toll 4 wickets last match, NZ have many left handers. Nasum could been an option too. But BD messed up not picking Mahedi and dropped Tanzid and opened with Miraz!

That's fair. I don't mind that. But NZ this whole tournament cultivated players. Ravindra bashing, Ferguson striking, none of these are coincidences, that's all I'll say.
Ferguson took no wicket after bowling 8 overs last game he played vs Netherlands

He didn't play vs england

And he has took few wickets this game

Let's see how he does vs india, south africa Australia,

Then we can say where he stands

Currently hassan ali has a better Average and more wickets

Ferguson took no wicket after bowling 8 overs last game he played vs Netherlands

He didn't play vs england

And he has took few wickets this game

Let's see how he does vs india, south africa Australia,

Then we can say where he stands

Currently hassan ali has a better Average and more wickets
Ok

Mahedi should’ve played bro! He toll 4 wickets last match, NZ have many left handers. Nasum could been an option too. But BD messed up not picking Mahedi and dropped Tanzid and opened with Miraz!

Right.

Also, where is Hassan Mahmud? He is much better than Shoriful and even Mustafiz.

Bad selections today.

Tawhid Hridoy is a concern hasn’t scored anything last 6 odi’s, doesn’t bowl. Instead of him Mahedi Hasan who bowls offspin and handy bowler can smack a few late on.

From 56/4 to 245/9 Bangladesh recovered, thanks to Mushfiqur Rahim (66), Shakib Al Hasan (40), and Mahmudullah (41*)

Bangladesh made 245-9 after 50 overs, with the usual saviors, Shakib and Mushfiqur, steadying the ship after a top-order collapse

Furgeson took 3 wickets in his first game this WC, coming back from an injury
Bolt also reached a personal milestone of getting 200 ODI wickets

Bolt said in a half-time interview that 250 is a par score on this wicket. But I can't help but feel that he is being modest and Bangladesh are at least 50 runs short

1697199423651.png1697199443936.png

Attachments

• 1697199773434.png
    1697199773434.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
25-30 short…. Even after a horrible start, that’s only because Shakib didn’t care for it!!! At 152/4 in 31st over with two set batsmen in, playing normal cricket should take you to 270…. Ferguson was brought to get a wicket and guy after playing 20 years, hoked him (tried to) very next ball after hitting a six!!!

245 from 55/4 isn’t bad, but it’s 30 short from 152/4 (30’3)

So I haven't seen any of the game today. Is the pitch doing anything? Might this be a tough chase in Chennai?

This is 2023. Players from 2007 batch were still needed to save Bangladesh. It shows the depth of Bangladesh.
I normally don’t post in BD games, but there is a systematic racism against Bangladesh, which needs to be answered. Just for a note, against Australia, Indian performers were Kohli, KL, Jadeja & Ashwin…..

Every team depends on senior players - England’s best players are in mid to late 30s, same is for Australia.

Shakib, Mushfique & Mahmudullah are still around after 16 years because they started career almost out of school for a emerging team - at 17/18. It’s not that they are carried at over age.

Stop poking finger every time when BD seniors perform - This is one of the youngest squad in this WC - every bowler bat Shakib are in their early to mid/late 20s & only 3 of the squad is above 30. The day PP darling AFGs we’re blown by the younger lot, I didn’t see any comments

Last edited by a moderator:
You talk same rubbish every game when seniors perform. I normally don’t post in BD games, but there is a systematic racism against Bangladesh, which needs to be answered. Just for a note, against Australia, Indian performers were Kohli, KL, Jadeja & Ashwin…..

Every team depends on senior players - England’s best players are in mid to late 30s, same is for Australia. And, I explained it many times, you have read that also, but can’t resist taking chances - which is sick of you.

Read it once more & slowly - Shakib, Mushfique & Mahmudullah are still around after 16 years because they started career almost out of school for a emerging team - at 17/18. It’s not that they are carried at over age.

Stop poking finger every time when BD seniors perform - it’s not that we should expect our seniors to fail to keep your lousy mouth silent. This is one of the youngest squad in this WC - every bowler bat Shakib are in their early to mid/late 20s & only 3 of the squad is above 30. The day PP darling AFGs we’re blown by the younger lot, I didn’t see any comments from you - change this attitude to be respected.
Kohli also pretend to be 33 when in reality he is much older. Rohit is old. Shami is apparently '33' ok sure.

A combo of experienced ans youth is needed to win the WC anyway.

Kohli also pretend to be 33 when in reality he is much older. Rohit is old. Shami is apparently '33' ok sure.

Cricket is game of experience- couple of seniors performing doesn’t tell about the depth. Aussies have come with Warner 36/37, Starc 33+, Hazzlewood 34, Maxwell 34+, Smith 34 …. England has Malan 37, Johnny 33, Root 33, Topley 34, Moeen 36, Rashid 35, Stokes 33 ….. take out those - they would have finished bottom in this WC …. Must be telling all about their depth….. and I must be genius to figure that out.

Who said the first quote? Shami fakes his age but kohli can't be older then 34 lol. He looks exactly like his age and 10 years ago he looked exactly like a 24 year old lol.

Rashid khan is the biggest age faker. 25 and he looks like he could father me lol

BD should've played one more spinner here. Nasum could've been handy.

I think Mahmudullah should bowl here.

After couple of overs, should bring Miraz against two lefties. Also, pacers need to be preserved for dew

Back