ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v Australia | Match 18 | Bengaluru | 20 October | Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Following the humiliating defeat against India, what changes should Pakistan make for their forthcoming match against Australia in ICC World Cup 2023?

Pakistan have no options now due to the squad they have. M Wasim and Salman Agha - might as well bring more batters in

Pakistan have no options now due to the squad they have. M Wasim and Salman Agha - might as well bring more batters in
I don't see a single reason how wasim jr and agha can made to squad?
It's just nerves now and will take 1-2 days to get back to normal.

Team need just one change
Shadab out, mir in ( check him how he will perform if not shadab can come again, give him some break).

Vs india game, it's all about pressure after babar no one absorb that pressure and crumble i call it "Natural" and uncontrollable pressure.

We need to back our boys and i believe in them they will get back hard against AUS.

I don't see a single reason how wasim jr and agha can made to squad?
It's just nerves now and will take 1-2 days to get back to normal.

Team need just one change
Shadab out, mir in ( check him how he will perform if not shadab can come again, give him some break).

Vs india game, it's all about pressure after babar no one absorb that pressure and crumble i call it "Natural" and uncontrollable pressure.

We need to back our boys and i believe in them they will get back hard against AUS.

I agree here. No reason to drop Imam, but Shabab needs to be shown the door.

Very few spinners have done well at Bengaluru. Chahal is an exception. Infact stand out bowler for his franchise on t his ground. Despite the dimensions, high scoring nature he has decent amount of success there. Wristies may create an impact

Best bowlers in IPL at chinnaswamy

Team is mentally shattered now. We will lose at least 4 of the remaining games now. The dream is over. We need a new captain and find proper bowlers for the next edition.

Usama will be played, he was being considered for the India game but he was running a temperature.

Shadab cannot be played again and again, it’s just not working out.

Imam needs to be axed, throwing your wicket away to a half volley from Pandya should be penalized with a minimum miss of five games.

Babar OUT
Imam OUT
Shadab OUT
Nawaz OUT
Rauf OUT

M Haris IN
Fakhar IN
Abrar IN
Usama IN
Zaman Khan IN

Make these changes, persist with that XI, see where we end up.

Pathetic comment. We have played 3 games so far and won 2, still a long way to go.

Reality please.

Like I predicted before the tournament we are far off the big teams. More humiliation incoming. We deserve it for keeping a coward as captain.

6th or 7th is our Aukaat

Everyone wanted Fakhar out and now we want him back, to me Imam at least is putting up runs with below par SR rather than getting out for under 5, and now everyone wants Imam and Shahdab out but I am sure in a couple of games we be wanting them back as well.

Reality please.

Like I predicted before the tournament we are far off the big teams. More humiliation incoming. We deserve it for keeping a coward as captain.

6th or 7th is our Aukaat
Do we have any other choice than backing your team right middle in the tournament?
Need few changes and we are good to go.

Just one more point i.e AUS loose 2 games out of 2, ENG not looking good against big teams, did you hear from them that we loose 2 games now dream is over? Everything is finish? Goodbye?

So its not over for anyone, even NL have chance to qualify for semi's.

Reality please.

6th or 7th is our Aukaat
Yep, SENA + India, are top 5, we beat all the others we are 6th or if someone beats us we may be 7th. Nepotism and absence of structure due to mismanagement are what is causing all this, not only in cricket but in the whole country as well.

Do we have any other choice than backing your team right middle in the tournament?

Just one more point i.e AUS loose 2 games out of 2, ENG not looking good against big teams, did you hear from them that we loose 2 games now dream is over? Everything is finish? Goodbye?

Michael Clarke ...

For all the doom and gloom surrounding the Australian cricket team, Clarke was also quick to point out this World Cup campaign is far from over for Cummins’ side.
But with games against Sri Lanka and Pakistan on the horizon, the former Australian Test captain is concerned it may be too difficult for Australia to overcome its slow start.

“Now I’m not saying our World Cup is over. I’m not saying that,” Clarke said.
“We could still qualify with two losses but I tell you now, Sri Lanka are going to be tough in those conditions. That wicket spun. It was two-paced and it spun.
“Sri Lanka are going to be tough in those conditions. We haven’t played Pakistan yet. We’ve got some really tough cricket ahead of us and if we play like this, we are not qualifying.
“I’m more worried about the sub-continent teams... if we’re getting shown up like that against South Africa, the spin in the sub-continent teams... we’ll be laughable.
“If we’re not careful the conversation we’ve been having for the last three weeks about the Wallabies, in two weeks’ time we’ll be having that about Australian cricket.”

Oh BABA… Aus had South Africa and India as their first two games. Are you telling me they’ll lose 4 points to Netherlands and Sri Lanka?

Oh BABA… Aus had South Africa and India as their first two games. Are you telling me they’ll lose 4 points to Netherlands and Sri Lanka?
Lol, did you read whole conversation? I never said aus will loose to NL or whatever team. I was replying to glory 92 in context.

Watch the Aussies play vs Lankans to probably their 3rd straight defeat. Then do as you please , Australia is the most hopeless top team in this tournament.

Mohammad Rizwan
Abdullah Shafique
Babar Azam
Saud Shakeel
Ifthikar Ahmed
Fakhar Zaman
Salman Agha
Usama Mir
Shaheen Afridi
Hassan Ali
Haris Rauf

Nawaz out, Usama Mir in.

The bench is hardly stacked so there’s no other change to really even make.

I am genuinely so annoyed that we didn’t pick Imad for this tournament. Nobody is getting wickets but at least he would keep it tight.

Good teams will feast on our bowlers.

Worst bowling line up in Pakistan history.

Embarrassing. 80mph trundlers opened the bowling.

Pakistan needed an easy game after this thrashing.

A game vs Afghanistan or Bangladesh next up would have helped.

But Australia is one of the toughest teams to face.

Another loss might be on cards.

Pakistan needed an easy game after this thrashing.

A game vs Afghanistan or Bangladesh next up would have helped.

But Australia is one of the toughest teams to face.

Another loss might be on cards.
Australia are under the pump. They will tear our little boys to shreds. NRR will be irretrievably destroyed.

Australia are the worst performing major nation in this World Cup so far. Losing to them would be bad because Lankans will play them before you and I’m expecting them to win.

Australia are the worst performing major nation in this World Cup so far. Losing to them would be bad because Lankans will play them before you and I’m expecting them to win.

Not really.

Lanka has the worst attack of entire tournament.

Australia played India (potential WC winners) and South Africa (attacking side) which are one of the toughest teams in the group.

They will crush Sri Lanka before they face us.

Fakhar
Abdullah
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Iftikhar
Nawaz
Usama Mir
Shaheen
Hassan Ali
Rauf
i would rather go for Haris to open the inning with Abdullah because if he stays there at the crease for 5 to 6 overs so is very much capable of giving u a flying start. I am pretty much sure that Fakhar still wont do anyting as he is in terrible form.

i would rather go for Haris to open the inning with Abdullah because if he stays there at the crease for 5 to 6 overs so is very much capable of giving u a flying start. I am pretty much sure that Fakhar still wont do anyting as he is in terrible form.

Harris will fail 9/10 times. He’s a complete liability. Nothing wrong with Imam. Let him play uninterrupted throughout the World Cup.

Harris will fail 9/10 times. He’s a complete liability. Nothing wrong with Imam. Let him play uninterrupted throughout the World Cup.
Imam averages like 25 with 80 odd SR since the start of the Asia Cup. Nothing wrong?

Its this mentality why we suck. As long as our favourite players play regardless of performance then we are happy.

Imam averages like 25 with 80 odd SR since the start of the Asia Cup. Nothing wrong?

Its this mentality why we suck. As long as our favourite players play regardless of performance then we are happy.

Haris’ record is nothing to write home about. Besides, he’s in the reserve unit, so can’t be called in without injury. If Imam is to be replaced, he should be replaced by Fakhar.

The problem is the team selection for the World Cup is horrendous and leaves not many options.

Shadab must be dropped. He is doing nothing but serving up dross and I was and am a massive fan.

There is no chance, shadab gets dropped i do not see Babar doing that as much as he should if anything maybe Nawaz, i wouldnt be suprised if babar drops Chacha as well

The Bengaluru ground is a high scoring one. Such a a crucial game this for both Aus and Pak. Makes it tough for the loser of this game. And Aus will be itching to get back to winning after 2 losses. Perfect ground for them as it will be a flat wicket with lots of runs. FWIW , Aus is the fave here. They have the wood over Pak and more so in ICC events. Aus issue is having Smith and Labu who are slow players. Pak has to be more positive and aggressive. Still their biggest issue is the 30 overs from Hassan Ali, Nawaz, Ifti & Shadab.

Abdullah Technique and Imam ul Tuk will cost Pakistan the game in the powerplay

Abdullah Shaffique
Imam Ul-Haq
Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan
Fakhar Zaman
Saud Shakeel
Iftikhar Ahmed
Usama Mir
Hasan Ali
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Haris Rauf

Go for 6 proper batsmen and play Iftikhar as the all-rounder. He cannot do worse than Nawaz and Shadab.

is Haris in the world cup squad ??

Open with Abdullah Shafiq & Rizwan --- Bring in Usama Mir.

5-6-7 , all of them are mediocre (nawaz, Iftikhar, Salman, Shadab) , play whoever; it won't make any difference.

I am very surprised at the selection of our team, we have 6-7 players who doesn't deserve to be in the team) .

Also, you have thrown in Abdullah Shafiq & Saud Shakeel directly in the world cup -- Why these guys weren drafted a year ago in the team.

I don't know what the fascination is with all-rounders - especially "all-rounders" that do not excel in their core role, let alone their utilitarian role.

Please just go back to 6 bats (incl. Rizwan) and 5 frontline bowlers, because, right now, it feels like we have 3.5-4 batsman and 1.5 fading seamers. 4-fers for 70+ isn't good bowling, it's buying wickets on the boundary.

Hopefully after this tournament Pakistan would never select timid players like Babar, Imam, Fakhar, Shahdab, Nawaz, Ifthikhar ever again for the ODI's & T20I's.

After losing badly against India, the Pakistan team management should now learn something and open their eyes or else this match is also going down. Need to replace Nawaz and Imam surely.

No place for Imam Ul Haq, Mohammed Nawaz & Shadab Khan in the playing XI, until we do that we are not winning.

Fakhar Zaman, Usama Mir & Agha Salman should be adjusted in the lineup somehow now.

This will be massive; Aus are already behind the 8-ball and Pak will want to get back in the saddle after yesterday to save their tournament from unravelling.

I hope we can do it.

Playing XI:

1) Fakhar Zaman
2) Abdullah Shafique
3) Babar Azam (C)
4) Mohammed Rizwan (Wk)
5) Saud Shakeel
6) Agha Salman
7) Iftikhar Ahmed
8) Usama Mir
9) Hasan Ali
10) Shaheen Afridi
11) Haris Rauf

Pakistan facing Australia at the wrong time.

Australia have to win so there is only going to be one outcome

This will be massive; Aus are already behind the 8-ball and Pak will want to get back in the saddle after yesterday to save their tournament from unravelling.

I hope we can do it.
It’s in Bengaluru, Australia will be relishing playing at this ground against bowlers low on confidence.

Pakistan had more chances of beating India here in Ahmedabad, than they do of even competing against Australia in Bengaluru.

We have six days off, so some serious work needs to be done. Our NRR has taken an absolute beating and every game from now on is going to be tough.

This is make or break game for us a defeat here and our morale will not recover Bengaluru is usually a runfest so that might negate Aus pace advantage on the other hand Warner etc will be deadly, Pakistan need to rotate stirke a basic formula and add a boundary in alternate over if not in every over. Team management must do scrutiny of dot balls. Players are not being utilised as per abilities we know two out of Ifti Nawaz Shadab and Agha have to play so compare their strength and weakness like Ifitkhar has a High dot ball percentage while batting and Shadab is out of form. Imam is a dud he had 12 of 7 initially but then he played around 20 dots on the other hand Fakhar on his day can massacre any bowling.
Also how we will negate Zampa is crucial. Similarly our fast bowlers are not in rhythm SSA seems half fit Hassan is making a comeback while never rate Rauf as a 50 over bowler given how brutally world class batsman treat him.
Micky Arthur like Neil Warnock is a TTF in coaching and now has a herculean task in his hand if he can take them to SF even then it will be an achievement.

Fakhar
Shafiq
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Nawaz
Iftikhar
Hassan
Mir
SSA
Rauf

Our bowling is very thin and batting has genetic issues, God bless us

No place for Imam Ul Haq, Mohammed Nawaz & Shadab Khan in the playing XI, until we do that we are not winning.

Fakhar Zaman, Usama Mir & Agha Salman should be adjusted in the lineup somehow now.
What has Fakhar done to deserve a return after just 2 games?

What has Fakhar done to deserve a return after just 2 games?

Fakhar will be a sitting duck against Aus atleast Imam will score 20-40

Need to get both Usama and Fakhar in the team in place of Imam and Shadab. Needs to be done.

With Usama and three pacers you atleast get 4 proper bowlers. Nawaz and Chacha can chip in when needed.

For the batting Shadab won't score many runs and Usama might actually fetch you more.

It's a no brainer for anyone having brain cells.

Misbah suggests one change in Pakistan team after India loss

“I think Nawaz is still bowling well [as compared to Shadab], if you see his performance from the last 2-3 matches, he is batting with confidence. However, Shadab, even if you look at today’s bowling [against India] he didn't have that confidence to land the ball at the right place,” Misbah said while talking in a local sports show.

“When you are playing T20 cricket [for a long time] and you have to play 50-over cricket suddenly, it gets difficult. If you have all these problems, then you have a bowler in your squad in Usama Mir, and it’s time you go for him.”

“The situation is now that every game has become a do-or-die contest,​

In Bengaluru youd don't need 3 seamers against SENA. This is where fast bowling all rounders are useful.

L
Until and unless they are completely thrown out of the tournament, never underestimate the Aussies in a World Cup. One win against SL is enough to get their campaign rolling. And they'll be looking to target PAK at the Chinnaswamy probably even more than you are looking to target them.
Lol count them out at your own peril.

I back them to wallop nz as they always do. Wallop England Lanka en route to smashing us before making the semis. We will beat our Whipping boys eng and nz to make semis ourselves.

India under huge pressure of a Ko ? Anyone has got a chance.

Oh God with our bowling attack I feel the Aussies are going to High flying Chittar all over the park!

Does Nawaz bowl better than Iftikhar or even Agha. I do not think so. So why Pakistan cannot play Agha in his place to strengthen the batting. Shadab has to be replaced by Usama, and hoping Usama can show more control for sure he will have more spin and variation than Shadab.

Pat Cummins in his presser: Hopefully. I mean, we're obviously 0-2, so we've got to start winning and start winning quick. Every game now becomes almost like a final. You've got to win just about all of them.

Team is mentally shattered now. We will lose at least 4 of the remaining games now. The dream is over. We need a new captain and find proper bowlers for the next edition.
What because of one loss to the best side in the tournament? Sense has given way to peoples own desperation to give India a competitive game. This one game won’t be the reason Pakistan start losing more games. There is top quality opposition in this tournament and Pakistan are at best the 6th best side here and I’m being generous. Aus, NZ, SA, England will be incredibly hard games and yes we can lose all four simply by our clear inferiority to those teams in quality generally.

What I will say though before carrying on is Australia are better than Pakistan. That much we all should know, however it depends which Australia and Pakistan show up too. This game could be a fascinating one because of Australia’s drop in form. It’s a must win for both sides (but slightly more for the Aussies). Remember Australia’s loss to India was similar to Pakistan’s.

Now back to the original point - Pakistan have BEEN losing before this tournament in the Asia Cup yet they still delivered a big run chase against Sri Lanka. They remained semi competitive against the best side India for 30 overs. This one defeat won’t be the core reason Pakistan lose more games.

Some on here call our team rubbish and constantly claim that our players are mediocre and they have no competitive spirit, but themselves find it difficult not to give up everytime Pakistan loose to say I told you so even though everyone knows Pakistan cricket is a rollercoaster, you either get on for the ride or not get on in the first place!

Last match was a freak game, when you are 155/2 after 30 overs, 9/10 you will end up scoring 300+

Pakistan will put it right in this match. I can see a comprehensive win.
Complete delusional

Have you see the pak bowling of late.

Hasan Ali and Rauf are at beat T20 bowlers.

Afridi is horribly overrated. If its not swinging the guy is useless.

The spinners are barely club level.

Warner, marsh, maxwell will destroy this feeble attack

Last match was a freak game, when you are 155/2 after 30 overs, 9/10 you will end up scoring 300+

Pakistan will put it right in this match. I can see a comprehensive win.
Yes agreed, especially on that pitch and that outfield.

Even if we scored 350 it wouldn't have changed the result.

But i guess the potential is there with the bat. Our bowling is looking very bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back