ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v Australia | Match 18 | Bengaluru | 20 October | Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan batsmen cannot play high quality pace bowling, we are not winning this batting shoot out on this small ground.
There might be swing under lights. It may be a small ground but it' may not be as easy to chase as Rawalpindi, Lahore where even 350 looks unsafe.

900 m above sea level so it's cooler and night conditions can offer bowlers something

Pakistan must leave out both Nawaz and Shadab. Usama, Agha and Iftikhar can bowl as well or as bad as them but atleast Agha will lengthen the batting line. Usama can also tonk few. Hasan Ali has to batt 11 too, he has no batting sense at all

Big hopes on gun barrel Rauf if he can conjure something Australian are excellent at playing pace so a tough test awaits Rauf

There might be swing under lights. It may be a small ground but it' may not be as easy to chase as Rawalpindi, Lahore where even 350 looks unsafe.

900 m above sea level so it's cooler and night conditions can offer bowlers something
Ya Australia has a tentative abtsman in Smith. Regardless of conditions he bottles these days.

Hasan Ali's opening spell will be very crucial especially if PAK bowl first.

If he continues to bowl a tight line and length , Marsh in particular can be kept quiet .

If he misses his off stump line or tries to bowl genuine bouncers /fuller balls, then PAK fans should all get on a Zoom call and collectively start doing The Rain Dance

I'd play this lineup

Shafique
Nawaz
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Ifti
Usama Mir
Hasan
Wasim Jr.
Shaheen
Rauf

get Nawaz to use the powerplay and there is enough batting depth and bowling quality.

I'd play this lineup

Shafique
Nawaz
Babar
Rizwan
Saud
Ifti
Usama Mir
Hasan
Wasim Jr.
Shaheen
Rauf

get Nawaz to use the powerplay and there is enough batting depth and bowling quality.
and we will be out of the tournament right away with this lineup.

Going by some of the recent posts from Indians regarding the pitch conditions, we may actually see a 6 in the PP overs. Get the cake ready boys !!!!

Don't be silly that's not the Pakistan way. Oh no Pakistan never used to hit 6s in the PP. We are just continuing the legacy and Imam is the best opener in Pakistan. Shabaash Arthur and Babar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both team have lost to India and both teams have won against SL. If Pakistan lose this they will will find it tough going forward. But if Australia lose its curtains for them as they have already lost to IND and SA. More pressure on Australia to win.

It’s clearly battle between Pakistan batting Vs Australian bowling… whosoever winning this battle will win match… slight advantage to Australia for their bowling n fielding
Its between Pak Bowling vs Aus Bowling. Who ever has a good day will win.

Both Aus and Pak batting are unreliable.

Aus is firm fave here. All their players have played before at B'luru. Plus they have bigger hitters than Pak.. Hasan ali , ifti, shadab, nawaz will be cannon fodder for them.. Pak winning would be the unexpected result. Also crowd support will be massively for Aus with Maxwell & Hazelwood in.

Its between Pak Bowling vs Aus Bowling. Who ever has a good day will win.

Both Aus and Pak batting are unreliable.

Australia batting is world class.

Warner and Marsh can destroy attacks.

Smith is a legendary batter.

Maxwell can wreck any team.

They've been out of form but tomorrow they'll make us pay and I'm pretty sure they'll beat England and NZ too. They'll make the semis.

They've been out of form but tomorrow they'll make us pay and I'm pretty sure they'll beat England and NZ too. They'll make the semis.
Don't just go by big names. Warner is on his last legs. Marsh is good but a bit out of form.
Steve Smith and Labu should not play LOI cricket. They suck the life out of any batting lineup.
Maxwell is good. But not playing well.
Inglis is a joke.
Stoinis usually does not do much as he comes so late down the order.

At least Pakistan has an in form Babar and Rizwan who have been scoring runs. Shafiq is pretty good too.

Both Aus and Pak bowling have been poor in the WC. Both leggies on either side are chucking full tosses for fun.
Hazlewood and Hasan Ali are similar. Not effective in these conditions.
Cummins and Rauf are about the same. Rauf is more rapid.
Starc and Shaheen are out of form.

The thing to remember is, both bowling units are world class. Whoever finds their mojo tomorrow will win. Going to be a gem of a game and its a must win for Australia to stay alive in the competition. If they lose tomorrow, they will be virtually out.
As for Pakistan, if they win tomorrow, they will put themselves in a great place to make it to Semis. Otherwise, it will be a steep climb which will too much for them.

Unpopular opinion - If the wicket is as flat as its being said then it would make sense to play both Nawaz and Shadab rather than Usama Mir to have extra hitting power with bat.

with the likes of Smith and Labushagne they are not going to qualify for semis.

They need someone who can carry the momentum right after warner and Marsh.

Another tough game. PAK haven't properly clicked despite winning 2 from their first 3 matches. Question marks over Babar, Imam, Shaheen and our spinners make AUS the favourites despite their own poor start.

Bangalore is not a venue for out-of-form bowling attacks either.

Gonna be a long day tomorrow.

Don't just go by big names. Warner is on his last legs. Marsh is good but a bit out of form.
Steve Smith and Labu should not play LOI cricket. They suck the life out of any batting lineup.
Maxwell is good. But not playing well.
Inglis is a joke.
Stoinis usually does not do much as he comes so late down the order.

At least Pakistan has an in form Babar and Rizwan who have been scoring runs. Shafiq is pretty good too.

Both Aus and Pak bowling have been poor in the WC. Both leggies on either side are chucking full tosses for fun.
Hazlewood and Hasan Ali are similar. Not effective in these conditions.
Cummins and Rauf are about the same. Rauf is more rapid.
Starc and Shaheen are out of form.

The thing to remember is, both bowling units are world class. Whoever finds their mojo tomorrow will win. Going to be a gem of a game and its a must win for Australia to stay alive in the competition. If they lose tomorrow, they will be virtually out.
As for Pakistan, if they win tomorrow, they will put themselves in a great place to make it to Semis. Otherwise, it will be a steep climb which will too much for them.
Both Starc and Hazelwood have been fine. They had good outing against India and AFG. Cummins also is on the upward trajectory. Those three have certainly bowled better than Pak trio who let SL score more than 330. Zampa also has done better than every Pak spinner and Maxwell has been outstanding, always bowling hi quota very tightly. Aus bowling unit is very good and better than Pak. Batting is somewhat same on form.. But all these Aus players have lot of experience playing in Bangalore and will feel right at home against Pak

Seems that I’ve read from multiple insiders now that Usama is set to replace Shadab. I think the remaining question is Agha Salman for Nawaz. Agha is clearly the better batsmen but Nawaz is clearly the better bowler.

Seems that I’ve read from multiple insiders now that Usama is set to replace Shadab. I think the remaining question is Agha Salman for Nawaz. Agha is clearly the better batsmen but Nawaz is clearly the better bowler.
Any reason why saud is not used as a bowler. i remember him bowling in the tests against england. I feel Ifti and saud are being under utilized by Babar.

Also I feel for Usama as he is making his WC debut at Bengaluru. With its small boundaries and flat deck he will be nothing but cannon fodder. If he ends up going for runs then he will be dropped paving way for Shadab again. This is Maxi's home ground as he plays for RCB. Pakistan needs to be wary of him tomorrow.

I am in Bangalore and will be watching the game in the stadium, so Pakistani friends pls relax. I am there to take care of your team and ensure they win the match.
Okay, but please take your Pakistan Junda with you so we can make you out.

Don't want to see pak 17-0 in 6 overs
I will take 75-1 in first PP.
We all know Aus have a tremendous pace attack but I really hope Pak have done their preparations on the their bowlers. Just don't want them get tied down by them and hope they look to go on the attack and dominate for once.

The likes of Starc and Cummins can be got at but as long as the batters have done their analysis on them and go in with a positive mindset, we could do well.

If Shadab doesn’t click here he isn’t clicking anywhere.

Shadab and Fakhar can easily smack the Aussies here.

We all know Aus have a tremendous pace attack but I really hope Pak have done their preparations on the their bowlers. Just don't want them get tied down by them and hope they look to go on the attack and dominate for once.

The likes of Starc and Cummins can be got at but as long as the batters have done their analysis on them and go in with a positive mindset, we could do well.
They have a rubbish pace attack for Bangalore.
They are out of form because pacers aren’t used to IPL like others as well.

PCT need to to remain calm and they will win this.

Shadab should not play unless he has suddenly been landing the ball in the nets. The 'Luru is a terrible place for full toss merchants.

The altitude, short boundaries, Aussie monster hitters. It's gonna get ugly.

Any reason why saud is not used as a bowler. i remember him bowling in the tests against england. I feel Ifti and saud are being under utilized by Babar.

Also I feel for Usama as he is making his WC debut at Bengaluru. With its small boundaries and flat deck he will be nothing but cannon fodder. If he ends up going for runs then he will be dropped paving way for Shadab again. This is Maxi's home ground as he plays for RCB. Pakistan needs to be wary of him tomorrow.
Not sure, Saud bowls some overs in FC and List A, but very very few. I generally agree with you, particularly on Iftikhar. Iftikhar is a good change up for maybe 3 overs a game, to be honest the last few games he was bowling tighter than Shadab or Nawaz…

Wouldn’t mind even seeing Mohammad Wasim for Nawaz and Usama Mir for Shadab. Seems like spinners get carted on this ground anyway.

Not sure, Saud bowls some overs in FC and List A, but very very few. I generally agree with you, particularly on Iftikhar. Iftikhar is a good change up for maybe 3 overs a game, to be honest the last few games he was bowling tighter than Shadab or Nawaz…
But AUS has only 1 left hander in top 7 which is Warner. So I doubt Babar will use Ifti tomorrow.

Wouldn’t mind even seeing Mohammad Wasim for Nawaz and Usama Mir for Shadab. Seems like spinners get carted on this ground anyway.
This ground is quite small which will make things easy for any form of pace to be dispatched over the boundary with little effort, so i will stick with usama and nawaz.

This ground is quite small which will make things easy for any form of pace to be dispatched over the boundary with little effort, so i will stick with usama and nawaz.
Isn’t the same true from spin bowling though? If the ground is small I could see leg spinners getting absolutely destroyed

Does Pakistan have the time to experiment here?

Australia are looking bad but can easily bounce back but Pakistan need to find a six hitting combo at the top of the order. People keep talking about "outside the box" thinking, so here it is:

Ifty
Fakhar
Babar
Rizwan
Shafique
Agha is supposed to be a good hitter
Nawaz
Mir
Hasan
Shaheen
Rauf
Abrar Ahmed

Go for broke against Australia, a loss here would still give Pakistan enough time to recover but lets try and get some top order power in.
ABRAR IS NOT IN THE SQUAD! Why are Pakistani supporters so confused on this matter. Seen so many people asking for his inclusion!!! He is in the RESERVES! He can’t play unless he replaces an injured player! 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Isn’t the same true from spin bowling though? If the ground is small I could see leg spinners getting absolutely destroyed
well for spinners you have to play rash shots to get boundaries or sixes most of the times u need to put force behind it but if you have access to pace so you can comfortably dispatch them to the boundaries with minimal risk.

Rn no, Warner is a hasbeen so is Smith. Maxwell amd Marsh can be deadly though

Im expecting a comeback from the boys in some hours, inshallah beating the Aussies today and one foot in the semis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back