ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v Bangladesh | Match 31 | Kolkata | 31 October | Bangladesh Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Agha a batsman who can bowl or a bowler who can bat? Sorry but Pak management has confused me. Everytime they bring him with different purpose.

We'll win today. We're facing the weakest team of the tournament lol. Yes even weaker then Nedthelrands

so? I believe Babar has a pretty decent record in WC's as well. The record means nothing if it is as impact less as Shaheen's & Babar's. Both of these players looks like avg players infront of quality oppositions.
Babar has been has rubbish in last three ICC tournaments. Again you are wrong

Bangladesh are unwatchable. No talent in pipeline either. Feels like their cricket will fade away like Kenya.

Brilliant start from Pakistan here and just what we needed.

Rauf is on though so he can relieve all the pressure LOL

It is safe to say that cricket will cease to exist in Bangladesh once Mushfiq and Shakib retire. They seem to be seriously short on talent.
Totally, I won't be surprised if they don't qualify for the 2027 edition.

Pace is not useless in India. It's just a very high risk/reward thing. Well directed pace is absolute gold. Misdirected pace is an absolute nightmare for the bowling captain. Somepne with Jofra's control and pace would do extremely well.

Otherwise , its better to bowl accurate fast medium.

Rauf should've never left Islamic University. Such a nothing bowler can only play T20 or T10's.

Don't understand why they are persisting with Haris when he's getting hammered every match.

Haris has had a TERRIBLE World Cup. Pretty sure he has leaked 4s in every opening over of his during this World cup.

Get them out under 150, then chase it in 15 to 17 overs....This is their best chance to improve their NRR

Pace is not useless in India. It's just a very high risk/reward thing. Well directed pace is absolute gold. Misdirected pace is an absolute nightmare for the bowling captain. Somepne with Jofra's control and pace would do extremely well.

Otherwise , its better to bowl accurate fast medium.
Exactly what I was talking about. The moment Rauf got it on a line and length, Mushy was dismissed.

Babar has been has rubbish in last three ICC tournaments. Again you are wrong
Don't assume things, I'm talking about ODI WC where he is decent so far but without any impact just like Shaheen.

Pakistan have a sniff...just a bit, of a big win here, meaning hopes are alive till SA v NZ.
Nz won't lose to Sri Lanka, nor will they lose to Pakistan tbf.

Sa is a toss up is sa bats first. If sa is chasing then say goodbye to Pakistan

Harris opens doors to boundary after chacha and SSA kept bangladesh in check

Get them out for 100
Chase it in 7-8 overs

Let's see where this takes our NRR so we dont have to rely on Sri Lanka beating New Zealand

Get them out for 100
Chase it in 7-8 overs

Let's see where this takes our NRR so we dont have to rely on Sri Lanka beating New Zealand

Lol.

Even if Pakistan bowls them out for 100 they will take 20 overs to score those runs.

Hasan, Wasim and Shaheen should have been your pacers. Haris has already fulfilled his runs quota for two tournaments if we play the final in both.

This is why Barbar isn’t a leader, had he been a natural leader, he wouldn’t be convinced so easily to take the review.

Oh no, Nasser Hussain on the mic in a Pakistan game. Time to mute the TV.

I don’t comment a lot, but njoy reading your inputs. Is there any truth to talk of groupism in the Pakistan team. Rizwan acting very indifferent, didn’t appeal for the Mushfiqur wicket. Even for the drs when Rauf appealed he just gestured ask Babar . Normally he is hyperactive.

I don’t comment a lot, but njoy reading your inputs. Is there any truth to talk of groupism in the Pakistan team. Rizwan acting very indifferent, didn’t appeal for the Mushfiqur wicket. Even for the drs when Rauf appealed he just gestured ask Babar . Normally he is hyperactive.
Their company has been exposed so he is worried

Personally I’m not impressed with him this tournament at all. The 5-fer vs Aussies was as empty a 5-fer as I’ve ever seen. Even this last wicket was a nothing ball. He’s not getting people out, they are getting out to him.
So most wickets taken against Pakistan are empty wickets as Pakistani batsmen give out their wickets themselves with poor shots. What kind of statement is that , it happens a lot of time to many bowlers. That fifer pulled back the match for Pakistan and had they batted sensibly they would had got the total. Aussies pacers looked ineffective in that match.

Haris Rauf bowls like a schoolkid. He's so dumb he has no idea what is a good length, then gets surprised when he's picked off for boundaries. He bowled 3 half volleys in his first over despite getting a wicket, and what's worse is that you knew beforehand he would do it. He's a serially crap bowler.

I am surprised people are already talking about bundling out Bangladesh for under 100. Remember Afridi is nearing the end of his spell after which it will be Hasan and spinners. None of them are lethal even on this pitch. Also Pakistan today needs Ifti/Salman to bowl 10 overs. IF Bangladesh plays sensibly they can easily reach 230-240 which is quite sizable on this pitch. Not to mention run machine Rauf has 8 overs left.

Shaheen’s 5 wicket haul against Australia was as significant as a spinner getting 5 wickets in a Test innings after he has bowled 50 overs and the opposition has scored 600.

He is the leading wicket-taker in this World Cup so far but there have been at least 4-5 pacers - if not more - who have outbowled him.

Nonetheless, Shaheen has a knack for taking wickets even if he isn’t bowling well. This is what makes him our most dangerous and best bowler.

Rauf is garbage, Hassan Ali is an expired player and Naseem for all the hype and the late movement doesn’t have Shaheen’s wicket-taking ability.

Haris Rauf bowls like a schoolkid. He's so dumb he has no idea what is a good length, then gets surprised when he's picked off for boundaries. He bowled 3 half volleys in his first over despite getting a wicket, and what's worse is that you knew beforehand he would do it. He's a serially crap bowler.

The tape ball mindset in him comes out in the longer formats.

Even worse with the new ball.

Shaheen’s 5 wicket haul against Australia was as significant as a spinner getting 5 wickets in a Test innings after he has bowled 50 overs and the opposition has scored 600.

He is the leading wicket-taker in this World Cup so far but there have been at least 4-5 pacers - if not more - who have outbowled him.

Nonetheless, Shaheen has a knack for taking wickets even if he isn’t bowling well. This is what makes him our most dangerous and best bowler.

Rauf is garbage, Hassan Ali is an expired player and Naseem for all the hype and the late movement doesn’t have Shaheen’s wicket-taking ability.
If you keep dropping dollies, that's not bowlers fault. He has been good compared to others.

Based the bowlers to bowl the next 20 overs I dont see Bangladesh scoring less than 250. Usama, Wasim, Ifti, Agha are teh bowlers. Which of these are potential wicket takers unless the batsmen gift their wickets? Is Hasan still unfit as I dont see how Wasim was preferred over him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back