ICC World Cup 2023: Pakistan v Sri Lanka | Match 8 | Hyderabad | 10 October | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it's getting harder to time the ball. Maybe the pitch is getting slower?

i think we need to be optimistic pak can chase 350 under super flat track but above that no chance.
350 is par on this track. The SL bowling attack is one of the weakest in the tourney. If we can't give this a shot then we don't have a chance. I think it has more to do with the general negative vibe in the team which has been further reinforced by our commentators today. Yes, we bowled badly, fielded badly but still SL haven't scored anything massively over par considering the conditions. In fact if anything Pakistan should be the happier team if SL score around 350 considering where they were at the 30 over mark. But since everyone in the Pak camp including fans are in wrist slitting mode we will go in as if we are chasing 450.

Srinath was anything but a trundler, I am surprised to see Indians thinking about him (one of their best & fastest ever) like that.
It was Pakistanis who didn't consider even him as decent pacer! BTW I was more like explaining (or rather expressing sarcasm over) vegetarian diet than pace in bowling... Internally we true Indian Cricket fans understand the mismanagement happened with Srinath, lack of support bowlers, etc.

350 is par on this track. The SL bowling attack is one of the weakest in the tourney. If we can't give this a shot then we don't have a chance. I think it has more to do with the general negative vibe in the team which has been further reinforced by our commentators today. Yes, we bowled badly, fielded badly but still SL haven't scored anything massively over par considering the conditions. In fact if anything Pakistan should be the happier team if SL score around 350 considering where they were at the 30 over mark. But since everyone in the Pak camp including fans are in wrist slitting mode we will go in as if we are chasing 450.

We can't chase more than 230 v big teams in a WC

Fact

Don't see Pakistan winning a lot games with this bowling attack. No Naseem, unfit Shaheen and inconsistent Haris Rauf and also a minnow level spinners

Bangladesh and Afghanistan batters will love our bowling attack
Very poor - and it’s not as if we have any power hitting to compete in the batting with the bowling so bad.

I get the feeling some accumulated centuries with no intent to win the matches

very well put

This kid Wellalage was smashing our trundlers in Asia cup. Lets see what he can do today against proper bowlers

Can Babar ever play impact innings like Mendis in pressure match?
He has before, that 100 of 49 against SA. Problem is he can only do it to minnows or B/C teams. That sa was a c team.

He ain't doing it today with the bowling lineup Sri lanka has. He'll probably be out as soon as wallenge(I struggle to spell his name properly) comes on.

SL bowling is poor. They need at least 350 and as many more as they can to even think of defending it .

Weakest? They dismantled India in one of the super 4 Asia cup games? What you on about?

Unless he doesn’t take a wicket or two with his predictable in-swingers with the new ball, he offers absolutely nothing. Overrated bowler who has been turned into a superstar even though he has achieved nothing.

It was Pakistanis who didn't consider even him as decent pacer! BTW I was more like explaining (or rather expressing sarcasm over) vegetarian diet than pace in bowling... Internally we true Indian Cricket fans understand the mismanagement happened with Srinath, lack of support bowlers, etc.

Srinath was by far the best Indian fast baller, and kept the Indian team afloat during the 1990s. Terribly underrated by Indian fans.

Well done hassan ali. At the moment he is the one who's leading the bowling attack

Shaheen is such a fraud of a bowler. Unless he doesn’t take a wicket or two with his predictable in-swingers with the new ball, he offers absolutely nothing. Overrated bowler who has been turned into a superstar even though he has achieved nothing.

These days it is useless with that sort of pace. No variety at all.

Hasan Ali has bowled well otherwise it would have been a 400

Just 2 innings they got to 335. At the start of the match they would have taken it. But still poor finish

Sri Lanka's top 4 is good but past that they'll always collapse. That dropped catch of Mendis has proven to be so costly. Could've easily restricted them to under 300.

Weakest? They dismantled India in one of the super 4 Asia cup games? What you on about?
Come on, you are a smart guy. The conditions in SL and the conditions here are completely different. SA mauled this bowling lineup the other day. The only thing different today is Theekshana.

If he can't play today then he probably never will. Super flat wicket, mediocre bowling attack, an out of form opposition captain ;everything is in his favor. He is not going to get all these luxuries against SENAI.

He'll be lbw to Wellalge

Fielder penalty - Rambo be like "Like it didn't feel like that till now. Not enough fielders at the boundary from ball 1" :))

If he can't play today then he probably never will. Super flat wicket, mediocre bowling attack, an out of form opposition captain ;everything is in his favor. He is not going to get all these luxuries against SENAI.
The problem with Babar is not whether he can play that type of innings. He doesn’t even try

Another nothing performance for a so called leader of the bowling attack

Hasan't speed absolutely suits some of the Indian pitches. Mixing up of deliveries are harder to go after as the world cup progresses with pitches slowing down.

I have mostly seen Pakistanis giving him enough respect & generally not lumping him with Prasad, Pravakar, Mohanti etc.

Apart from that one over where he got taken for 20, Haris Rauf has been ok. He’s put the effort in

Hasan't speed absolutely suits some of the Indian pitches. Mixing up of deliveries are harder to go after as the world cup progresses with pitches slowing down.

Agreed. He's good on wickets with less bounce. On harder wickets, he'll get exposed due to his lack of height.

Sri Lanka have proved that with a poor middle order and tail from no5 onwards, you can still rack up good scores if you go early

Sri Lanka has fumbled the last 10 overs and have given Pakistan a chance in the chase. They’re gonna be atleast 30 run short

Or maybe he isn’t as good as some fans made him out to be.
You're deluded. He was best bowler in the 2019 WC, 2021 WT20 and in the 2022 WT20. He was class in all three of these tournaments even whilst he was nowhere near fit in last year's WT20.

Anyone can see he's not fully fit and possibly carrying an injury because he's bowled to the ground in recent years by Babar in meaningless matches.

Top over from Haris but I have no hope from this small mentality batsmen to chase these. Theeksana and wellage again will do well against us as expected

Sri Lanka limited under 350. Pakistan have a chance only if the batting clicks. Fakhar might be a miss.

Good on Hasan Ali for having a great game but he shouldn't be your best bowler.

Restricting them to only 344 is good I suppose when SL was setup for 400 after 25-30 overs but its a tall task for this fragile batting lineup. If Babar truly wants to be considered one of the greats of the game, well then its time to show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back