ICC WT20 | Group A | India VS Afghanistan | Colombo, 19th Sep 2012

Death Magnetic

Debutant
Runs
India (possible): 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Suresh Raina, 6 Rohit Sharma, 7 MS Dhoni (capt. &wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Irfan Pathan, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 L Balaji/Ashok Dinda.

Afghanistan (possible): 1 Mohammad Shahzad (wk), 2 Javed Ahmadi, 3 Karim Sadiq, 4 Nawroz Mangal (capt.), 5 Asghar Stanikzai, 6 Mohammad Nabi, 7 Samiullah Shenwari, 8 Dawlat Zadran, 9 Shapoor Zadran, 10 Gulbodin Naib, 11 Izatullah Dawlatzai

First match for us. Should be an easy win although you never know in this format.

Predictions:

Kohli-Rohit 50's

Polio awareness amid cricket

sep18v19.jpg

India (possible): 1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Virat Kohli, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Suresh Raina, 6 Rohit Sharma, 7 MS Dhoni (capt. &wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Irfan Pathan, 10 Zaheer Khan, 11 L Balaji/Ashok Dinda.

Afghanistan (possible): 1 Mohammad Shahzad (wk), 2 Javed Ahmadi, 3 Karim Sadiq, 4 Nawroz Mangal (capt.), 5 Asghar Stanikzai, 6 Mohammad Nabi, 7 Samiullah Shenwari, 8 Dawlat Zadran, 9 Shapoor Zadran, 10 Gulbodin Naib, 11 Izatullah Dawlatzai

First match for us. Should be an easy win although you never know in this format.

Predictions:

Kohli-Rohit 50's

Gambhir 30 run bhi banayega? If he doesn't get some runs here what will happen afterwards?

It said on cricinfo that Afghanistan and India are neighbours. How?

you dont know that they are neighbours?

I classify a neighbour as being adjacent to me but maybe that's just me!

They will find it hard to stop one of the strongest teams in the World Cup. The only way is by stopping Kohli.

I classify a neighbour as being adjacent to me but maybe that's just me!

I think Azaad Kashmir does have common border with north-east Afganistan. So if you count POK(Azaad Kashmir ) in India then they are neighbors.
But that's not the case.

Back to the cricket, Afghanistan can go after the Indian bowling. But it depends whether that's chasing 200+

Last edited:
Well that doesn't matter to me how its quoted on there as long as India have to be mentioned. Give it break guys they are cricket gurus not Google map. Well on the note about match, me wonders how many people want the game to be good or some indian fans just want it to be one side encounter.

^ I think a high scoring game would be good. So India should bat first.

I do think that they could restrict Afghanistan to not many especially if there's an early collapse.

Afghanistan should back themselves to chase any total. Good Luck.

Teams:

Afghanistan (Playing XI): Karim Sadiq, Asghar Stanikzai, Mohammad Shahzad(w), Nawroz Mangal(c), Mohammad Nabi, Shafiqullah Shafiq, Gulbodin Naib, Samiullah Shenwari, Dawlat Zadran, Shapoor Zadran, Najibullah Zadran

India (Playing XI): Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni(w/c), Irfan Pathan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Zaheer Khan

What on earth is stopping India from giving Ashok Dinda a chance? He has one of the best stats in this format. An average of 10.55 and a strike rate of 8.6.

Last edited:
Good to see KP in studio, seems to be good analyst.

Indians, here are favs without any doubt. Inexperience would cost Afghanistan this match though they have player of Sehwag's potential.

Perfect shot to start with, followed with a perfect chase.

You'd find more crowd in America than it is, in the stadium

Glad that Gambit is gone.

He is badly out of form. Just wasting deliveries there.

Kohli needs as many overs to bat as possible.

I would drop Gambhir and include Rahane.

Back