ICC WT20 | Group B | West Indies v Ireland

Fire Bird

First Class Player
Runs
Match scheduled to begin at 19:30 local time (14:00 GMT)

Ireland 1 William Porterfield (capt), 2 Paul Stirling, 3 Ed Joyce, 4 Niall O'Brien, 5 Kevin O'Brien, 6 Gary Wilson (wk), 7 Alex Cusack, 8 Trent Johnston, 9 Nigel Jones, 10 Max Sorensen, 11 George Dockrell

West Indies 1 Chris Gayle, 2 Johnson Charles, 3 Darren Bravo, 4 Marlon Samuels, 5 Kieron Pollard, 6, Andre Russell 7 Darren Sammy, 8 Dinesh Ramdin (wk), 9 Ravi Rampaul, 10 Sunil Narine, 11 Fidel Edwards

Last edited:
Forecast of Rain ...... hmmmmmmmmmm :O

West Indies have won the toss and chosen to bowl

Good decision to field by WI. It will give them a better chance to assess the game situation in case of rain. It will be a good game but WI wins it comfortably I think.

Good God Poterfield is RUBBISH!

Out first ball of the match in BOTH matches :))):))):)))

Another boring one sider

another short one?that should have been called a no ball

Started to rain already...gonna be another ruined game me thinks, especially with the Irish looking for runs

Players gonna come off soon, i dont see the rain stopping once its started tbh....another abandoned game :88:

if this gets washed out who will qualify for the Super 8?

Probably end of the game, congrats Windies youre through

Love the fight in Irish man!!!

Best batting lineup in Minnows.

Afghan bowling + Irish Batting/Fielding = Very good team.

Imagine Eion Morgan in Irish team.

Man these rains have spoiled all the fun :((

and here comes the rain again:facepalm: Windies would be lucky if this gets washed out because IRE were going so well..

cricinfo
After an encouraging over for Ireland, the squall has worsened and the covers have been brought on. So, the forecast rain has arrived. Time now to wait it out and see if the players can get back out there. The good news is that Ireland have faced enough overs for an 'innings'; the bad is that West Indies might not be too worried about knocking that target off, even with the D/L adjustment.
:facepalm:

Covers back on again :|

For goodness sake, just a matter of time before the IMMENSE rain storm comes

Blast - the overhead sprinkler has whirred back into action, and on comes the tarpaulin once again.

the more rain will make hard for Ire to beat Windies

Last edited:
Cricinfo
This, from Adam in Australia, could be served crispy with soy sauce and pancakes: "Porterfield canardly believe that he got out for another golden duck..." That's actually the third first-baller Porterfield has received in a row against Full Member opposition (WI today, Australia last week and in their abandoned ODI during the summer), to go with Bangalore 2011 against England in the World Cup.

:))) oh poor Porterfield and he's the skipper

Nothing in cricket that irritates me as much as these stoppages caused by rain or poor light when sitting in front of the idiot box to cool off my brain after an hard day's work :facepalm:

The covers are coming off again! No news on a restart time as yet but the outfield is currently being mopped and polished.

Narine gets Joyce....looks like he'll decimate the Iish

33-2

Back