ICC WT20 | New Zealand beat Bangladesh by 75 runs

Bangladesh justifying their minnow tag once n for all.. cant win a single match in sc under familiar cnditions.. few series back home and they keep bragging about it. its ur performance in the WCs that counts. HELL.. even Afganistan is giving tough competition to top teams.

The definition of choke is losing when you are in a position to win. BD were out when NZ scored 145. Its not a choke
Looking like they were out from the 15th over.

It's been a very poor chase from them so far, they may not even get to 100.

20 overs makes a world of difference.

Unfortunately, cricket is the only game where the conditions are different on the same pitch before and after the break. Even in tests, ball does a bit more on day 1 and day 5. There is the dew factor when teams have to bowl 2nd in the subcontinent. Can't complain much. BD should have restricted NZ to less than 125. They should have if not for dropped catches.

Bangladesh justifying their minnow tag once n for all.. cant win a single match in sc under familiar cnditions.. few series back home and they keep bragging about it. its ur performance in the WCs that counts. HELL.. even Afganistan is giving tough competition to top teams.

Afghanistan will destroy Bangladesh in terms of raw talent and in a few years Bangldesh will be whitewashed by Afghanistan.

This mithun guy failed in all 5 matches and nasir didnt play 1 match... BCB is worst than PCB.

That mithun killed all the momentum there was. 11 from 17. Tamim running himself out.

A strong team has strong opening, we open with a batsman like Mithun who looks worse than the club cricketers I have seen in Bangladesh.

Willamson and Guptill, and who do we have?

Maybe he was paid by BCCI to do it lol

Unfortunately, cricket is the only game where the conditions are different on the same pitch before and after the break. Even in tests, ball does a bit more on day 1 and day 5. There is the dew factor when teams have to bowl 2nd in the subcontinent. Can't complain much. BD should have restricted NZ to less than 125. They should have if not for dropped catches.
Still would have backed us to defend 125 tbh.

Inexperience showing here for BD batsmen. They are better than this

Will Bangladesh join India and Pakistan in the sub 100 club?

Sodhi gets their best batsman out just like he dismissed Indias best Kohli.

Sodhi is just brilliant. Can't wait for Ind vs NZ test series this year. Also, what a find Santner was for NZ. Excellent fielder, bowler and a very decent bat.

Bangladesh will have done well if they end up scoring 100 or thereabouts..

That 1 run win by India has scarred bangla for life :srini, they won't be able to rise from minnow level after the emotional bashing they got against India

Decent batter but he slogs way too much for a No.3. He needs to tighten up a bit. I know it's just his 2nd series at No.3

he needs to make up for Sir Mithun Ali and ATG batsman Tamim iqbal who should be playing for SA in world tourneys

Haha lights have gone off. What a fail. Match should be abandoned without result.

Hope people will now agree with me that Mustafizur was better than Amir in this world cup.

Bear in mind that Amir played on 3 games on flat tracks, and one on a raging turner. Mustafizur has bowled on just 1 flat track thus far. Bang's games against Aus,NZ were on much more trickier tracks (for batsmen) than Mohali. Important to keep that in mind. But yes, overall he's still ahead of Amir in this Tournament.

Still salty about that run out.

Always seem to hit when it doesn't matter :facepalm:

Bangladesh needs to keep the margin of loss as least as possible so that their NRR isn't damaged.

Bear in mind that Amir played on 3 games on flat tracks, and one on a raging turner. Mustafizur has bowled on just 1 flat track thus far. Bang's games against Aus,NZ were on much more trickier tracks (for batsmen) than Mohali. Important to keep that in mind. But yes, overall he's still ahead of Amir in this Tournament.

Amir proved that he can't bowl in flat tracks.

Even Elliot looks deadly on this pitch . Bangla getting the phainty of a lifetime.

Nah, they received such thrashings every time they stepped onto field till recently. Nothing new to be honest. Remember Binny's 6-fer?

The body language has been poor from us.

Its shocking to see how NZ spinners are outbowling our spinners not just this tourney but last 3 years!

Bang game vs India was not a flat track.

Bang game vs India was not a flat track.

vs Pakistan it was. But you're right, my bad, Mustafizur wasn't playing then. That only supports my argument though. I'd like to see how he performs on flat tracks.

I thought we were doing half decent in this tournament but this ruins it all. Even a mustafiz 5-fer didn't help then what can

mustafizur being hyped up for getting 5 fer in this track where grant elliott of all people is looking like top bowler. Amir is a far more dangerous bowler than mendis-lite

Grant Elliot gave away 3 runs in 2 overs. Curtly Ambrose reincarnated as far as BD are concerned.

Looking at how NZ played & defended 145, I am seriously doubtful about India's chances even if we somehow scrape thru Australia

Some bangla fan went up there and destroyed the lights so that he could ask for a rematch with bangaldesh home 'nuetral umpires' so that Bangladesh atleast has a chance to choke properly and not this quickly.

I don't think our meek surrender today has anything to do with the India match.

In form tamim got run out, Mithun playing a poor innings.

Pitch has gotten considerably slow. Even NZ struggled on this wicket at the back end. However, no point blaming the pitch. It does get slow in the afternoon. Winning the toss would have helped us but no excuse for 45-6

I'm not undermining Amir but in this particular tournament, Mustafizur has been more impressive at the death than Amir and he hasn't been too shabby at the start either.

I'm not undermining Amir but in this particular tournament, Mustafizur has been more impressive at the death than Amir and he hasn't been too shabby at the start either.

Yes, I understand, but it's important to keep in mind the pitch factor to put Amir's bowling perf in last 2 games into perspective. Still, potentially, in T20s you need more variations and cutters than faster deliveries especially if there's not much swing. That alone means Mustafizur is slightly ahead of Amir in this format.

I don't think our meek surrender today has anything to do with the India match.

In form tamim got run out, Mithun playing a poor innings.

Pitch has gotten considerably slow. Even NZ struggled on this wicket at the back end. However, no point blaming the pitch. It does get slow in the afternoon. Winning the toss would have helped us but no excuse for 45-6

Your batsmen played just like ours did in our match vs NZ. Need to play more straight and take a lot of singles and doubles.

I thought BD would put up a good fight but...
They just want to get away from there now. Hiding is the only thing in their mind.

Some are off form. Needs things straightened out. Mushfiq has reached new low.

It is very much like Mirpur out there, including light failure. Too bad Bangladesh is struggling even in such perfect home conditions. :)

Back