If Misbah-ul-Haq is removed as captain, who can take his place and do a better job?

No in an ideal world

Jamshed
Azhar
Umar
Asad
Sohail
Azam
Gilchrist+
Amir
Gul
Ajmal
Asif

Asif and Amir are not part of my world now. I got over them the day they were jailed for good !

And Hafeez is our second best bowler and the difference between him and our 3rd bowler is a glaring one. He cannot be dropped IMO but a move down the order will reduce the workload on him and will help his batting !

A bit of a knee jerk reaction. This series was a lot closer than the result suggests. It could have gone either way.

Now does anyone see hafeez as a good captain for Loi's?? I think he is very aggressive and more importantly a thinking captain..

Have to say, surprised by Hafeez's captaincy. Very proactive and outside-the-box but...I never really doubted him as a captain, I don't think many did. It was always about his place in the side on merit as an all-rounder, esp. his batting.

Ajmal needs to be made the captain of his domestic team so we get an idea about his capability in that position.

Right now I don't see anyone that has the capability to replace Misbah and get our team back on its winning ways.

We'll get a better idea about Hafeez after the World cup.

Ajmal is too funny to be the captain. :D Im sorry .. Although i love him and his never quit attitude

Shoaib Malik but then that would put the chances of Haris Sohail getting selected in the ODI & T20 team quite slim because Malik will occupy the no.5 slot in both formats...quite the dilemma but Malik is the most accomplished at domestic level especially in T20 format...I really think he should be made the T20 captain as we were at our best in the format under Malik. However, it's unlikely given that Hafeez has been appointed captain. I really think Malik would be miles better as a captain then Hafeez as Malik has solid credentials.

:)))

well it seems the Professor is proving to be quite the captain in T20 format so far, he's completely surprised me!

Quite interesting to see that many people were already wanting azhar to captain the side in 2012.

Thread from 2012.

In tests, The question still stands :))

No one can replace Captain Misbah.

It's not fair to a new Captain to be appointed in a tough series. Now, PAK stands at 6 in ranking, therefore actually every series should be tough. May be when ICC awards Afghanistan & Ireland Test status, there might be few easy Series. However, Misbah has never led in a Test, which he deserves. Therefore, first Afghan tour sometimes in 2019 or 2020, he should be leading PAK at home. Irish team might not tour PAK, therefore after 1st Afghan series, PAK's next "easy" series will be against Afghans in 2023 or 2024 - Misbah can retire peacefully then, with pride & satisfaction that he didn't leave the team during tough time.

Back