If Pakistan accepts hybrid model for Champions trophy 2025, will India's stance on Pak sponsored terrorism will be vindicated?

If Pakistan accepts the hybrid model for the Champions Trophy 2025 will it vindicate India's stance?

• Total voters

Rajdeep

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Just today Home Minister Amit Shah said there is no question of any diplomacy with Pakistan unless the terrorism stops.

It is for this very reason, BCCI wants India matches for upcoming CT in neutral venues as they don't want its team to visit the country that sends insurgents to kill Indians. I am not going into BCCIs hypocrisy because I know it exists. However, roughly this is the stance due to which India don't want to play in Pakistan.

So if PCB agree with BCCIs demands and accepts the hybrid model, will it be an admission of India's claim that Pak is a terrorist state?

I know PCB need to look into their pockets as well but they must be careful on the actual message it will send out by accepting Hybrid model.

terrorism, no terrorism it doesnt matter.

Indian nationalism depends upon hating Pakistan, this hate is further fuelled by such gimmicks of deciding to not tour or trying to force a hybrid venue.

BJP's stance against Pakistan is well known, and 2008 mumbai attacks dont really change that.

The fact that they still play Pakistan, just shows that they dont have issue with playing against us, because by not sending a team they are able to milk enough propoganda to spread in their country.

Thus, the whole topic dies down.

Just today Home Minister Amit Shah said there is no question of any diplomacy with Pakistan unless the terrorism stops.

It is for this very reason, BCCI wants India matches for upcoming CT in neutral venues as they don't want its team to visit the country that sends insurgents to kill Indians. I am not going into BCCIs hypocrisy because I know it exists. However, roughly this is the stance due to which India don't want to play in Pakistan.

So if PCB agree with BCCIs demands and accepts the hybrid model, will it be an admission of India's claim that Pak is a terrorist state?

I know PCB need to look into their pockets as well but they must be careful on the actual message it will send out by accepting Hybrid model.
PCB has no self respect or spine. It will be a surprise if they show one now and get India out of CT and host the tournament. In reality like Asia cup they will roll over for some Dollary Doos.

ICC is sitting on a massive loss after the USA T20 WC. So not having India in Champions Trophy meaning another loss incurring tournament. India on the other hand don't want to play in Pakistan citing terrorism charges.

Hmmm...this is very tricky situation for PCB. Should they host a non-profitable ICC event by ousting India from it or accept India's stance of terrorism and host a money making tournament in neutral venue.

If the Indian government doesn’t want to send their cricketers to a country that sends terrorists into their country then they shouldn’t have sent their tennis players and athletes from other sports to play in Pakistan.

They should restore relationship in between! Misbah sold his country in t20 2007 I think… so what’s the matter now

If the Indian government doesn’t want to send their cricketers to a country that sends terrorists into their country then they shouldn’t have sent their tennis players and athletes from other sports to play in Pakistan.

Tennis players from india go to pakistan, their olympic athele stands to the Pakistani anthem(thank god pakistan didnt had to), but no, if the cricket team doesnt go to pakistan than that means pakistan is a terrorist state

The logic just dies

Last edited by a moderator:
exactly. Or maybe they think that only cricketers are human beings and rest are just nothing.

exactly. Or maybe they think that only cricketers are human beings and rest are just nothing.
More about imposing economic costs. Tennis events between 2 nations brings no money. Cricket brings lot of money. India current policy is to bully Pakistan by squeezing their economy. Like banning trade, asking USA to create hurdles at IMF, ask Saudis & UAE to stop giving free lunches, using FATF grey listing to restrict access to financial markets. Banning cricket tours / events fall in the same ambit - everyone knows an India tour is a financial windfall

Can anybody from pak tell me what's the current situation of terrorism in pak?.Is it neutralized or still some left.

Can anybody from pak tell me what's the current situation of terrorism in pak?.Is it neutralized or still some left.
There is a raging insurgency in Baluchistan & Waziristan but the cricket venues are in areas which are relatively less affected till now - except for stray incidents

Pakistan will continue to support the resistance in Kashmir . India can come & play ludo or not , it makes no difference.

There is no national tennis players team.

And the baseball team and its association's recognition as a National Sports Federation is in doubt.

Pakistan will continue to support the resistance in Kashmir . India can come & play ludo or not , it makes no difference.

Pakistan has become bankrupt supporting terrorists in Kashmir.

Btw when will pakistanis show resistance to their rights being trampled upon in Pakistan by the establishment?

Pakistan has become bankrupt supporting terrorists in Kashmir.

Btw when will pakistanis show resistance to their rights being trampled upon in Pakistan by the establishment?

It’s morally obliged to help people under brutal occupation.

India thinks Pakistan will stop supporting freedom if Hardish Pandya comes to play cricket lol

Some crazy logic at work here.

When Russian athletes participate in the Olympics under a neutral flag does it mean they accept Russia is commiting war crimes?

After accepting being booted out of the Asian Football Federation does Israel accept it doesn't have a right to exist?

It’s simple.

We cannot have a diplomatic relationship with a country which trains and uses Islamic terrorists to destabilise Bharat and by that same rule we cannot send our cricket team there.

I love the regular Pakistani people but they must stand up against their leaders who will never allow peace between them and us.

It’s simple.

We cannot have a diplomatic relationship with a country which trains and uses Islamic terrorists to destabilise Bharat and by that same rule we cannot send our cricket team there.

I love the regular Pakistani people but they must stand up against their leaders who will never allow peace between them and us.

But you don’t mind Pakistani team coming to India for icc trophy , while showing them hospitality . Pls explain the difference?

Oh yes, you've raised a very good point here. If Pakistan accepts the hybrid model, it means Pakistan is acknowledging that it's not safe for sports. Meanwhile, I think this will also be a diplomatic failure for the ICC to propagate cricket globally and keep politics away from cricket affairs.

But you don’t mind Pakistani team coming to India for icc trophy , while showing them hospitality . Pls explain the difference?

I was not in favour of it.

Ideally Pakistan team should have refused to come. But if they sent their team, they are our guests and we have history of being welcoming people. Sanatan’s legacy cannot be compromised.

India thinks Pakistan will stop supporting freedom if Hardish Pandya comes to play cricket lol
Pakistan has mostly stopped supporting Kashmir movement. Their leaders will make some noise once in while at the UN or OIC conferences but for all practical purposes the movement gets no logistical support. Sensible thing to do , given Pakistan's economic wores. No way Pakistan will risk FATF grey listing & IMF bailout by supporting terror groups while its economic troubles mount

Ideally Pakistan team should have refused to come. But if they sent their team, they are our guests and we have history of being welcoming people. Sanatan’s legacy cannot be compromised.
Ideally Pakistan should reciprocate & refuse to play in India unless India plays in Pakistan. That's the honorable thing to do. But that's not happening bcoz as Ramiz Raja said Indian money keeps Pakistan cricket afloat !

Ideally Pakistan should reciprocate & refuse to play in India unless India plays in Pakistan. That's the honorable thing to do. But that's not happening bcoz as Ramiz Raja said Indian money keeps Pakistan cricket afloat !

Pakistanis generally lack honour because of a lack of a clear national identity and hence a non existent national pride.

Tennis players from india go to pakistan, their olympic athele stands to the Pakistani anthem(thank god pakistan didnt had to), but no, if the cricket team doesnt go to pakistan than that means pakistan is a terrorist state

The logic just dies

There is logic in it. Tennis and javelin doesn't have the same popularity as cricket does in both countries, so India can only use the latter as a means of enforcing behavior control.

And the baseball team and its association's recognition as a National Sports Federation is in doubt.

What team came to Pakistan for the Davis Cup?

The point is, if you’re going to say that we’re not sending our team to a country that kills our people then don’t send your tennis players as well. It’s just hypocrisy and nothing else.

The point is, if you’re going to say that we’re not sending our team to a country that kills our people then don’t send your tennis players as well. It’s just hypocrisy and nothing else.
To be fair, the Davis Cup team was a second string squad with our mainstay - Sumit Nagal not being included. It's also in World Group II so low stakes due to which the government permitted as it is barely popular.

Honestly, why are we even discussing this? Any sane person with a grip on reality wouldn’t waste a nanosecond entertaining such nonsense.

Modi doesn’t want to send cricketers to Pakistan, not because of some strategic genius plan, but because he's playing to his local fan club, a.k.a. the Muslim hating Hindutva Cult. This crowd needs their leader to look like he's "reclaiming India from Muslim invaders" (yes, I know how absurd that sounds). And what better way to flex that tough guy image than by not playing cricket in Pakistan? Genius move! It's the political equivalent of putting on sunglasses and pretending you're cool. Oh, and get this, it's selective, Other sports? Yeah, they can hop on over to Pakistan no problem. But cricket? Absolutely not. That’s where the line is drawn.

And let's not forget the cult members who see the hypocrisy but are so brainwashed they won’t dare question the grand overlord. Instead, they invent creative excuses, and boy, do they get creative. The mental gymnastics are Olympic level.

It’s like Modi’s standing at the border, cricket bat in hand, single handedly defending India from the horror of Pakistani bowlers. The cult cheers, they applaud, and they'll buy this act faster than you can say “propaganda.” But please don’t expect the rest of the world to fall for this charade.

And then we’ve got the folks here who seem to think that if India plays a single match in Pakistan, poof, all of Pakistan’s debt will magically vanish overnight, like some kind of cricket based economic miracle. Calm down, self importance squad. You're not that important.

And then we’ve got the folks here who seem to think that if India plays a single match in Pakistan, poof, all of Pakistan’s debt will magically vanish overnight, like some kind of cricket based economic miracle. Calm down, self importance squad. You're not that important.

It isn't indian posters here who said it. It was your former PCB president Ramiz Raja. To quote him -

"In a way India's business houses are running Pakistan cricket and if tomorrow the Indian PM decides he will not allow any funding to Pakistan, this cricket board can collapse."

Honestly, why are we even discussing this? Any sane person with a grip on reality wouldn’t waste a nanosecond entertaining such nonsense.

Modi doesn’t want to send cricketers to Pakistan, not because of some strategic genius plan, but because he's playing to his local fan club, a.k.a. the Muslim hating Hindutva Cult. This crowd needs their leader to look like he's "reclaiming India from Muslim invaders" (yes, I know how absurd that sounds). And what better way to flex that tough guy image than by not playing cricket in Pakistan? Genius move! It's the political equivalent of putting on sunglasses and pretending you're cool. Oh, and get this, it's selective, Other sports? Yeah, they can hop on over to Pakistan no problem. But cricket? Absolutely not. That’s where the line is drawn.

And let's not forget the cult members who see the hypocrisy but are so brainwashed they won’t dare question the grand overlord. Instead, they invent creative excuses, and boy, do they get creative. The mental gymnastics are Olympic level.

It’s like Modi’s standing at the border, cricket bat in hand, single handedly defending India from the horror of Pakistani bowlers. The cult cheers, they applaud, and they'll buy this act faster than you can say “propaganda.” But please don’t expect the rest of the world to fall for this charade.

It was Manmohan Singh govt that banned cricket ties after Pakistan decided to send terrorists to Mumbai and kill 120 innocent people.

If anything, it was BJP govt under Atal Vihari Bajpayee that resumed cricket ties with Pakistan back in 2004 even after Pakistan did Kargil and Kandahar plane hijacking few years ago.

It was Modi that went to Pakistan in 2016 to resume diplomatic ties, only for Pakistan to reciprocate with Uri terrorist attacks.

India regularly plays cricket with Bangladesh, Afghanistan plays all its home cricket in Noida, IPL picks Muslim players from all countries bar anyone holding Pakistani passport. So the issue is the country Pakistan and not Muslim's per se. What more Muslim proof you want after Javed Akhtar went in a Pak tv show and schooled Pakistan for sending terrorists to kill Indians. Just like how Asaduddin Owaisi schooled few Pakistani maulana's before.

Indian cricket team always have fair representation of Muslim players, however not a single minority players play for Pakistan. The ones that do, either forced to get converted or face mis treatment. So don't dare to make it a muslim-hindu issue, it is an issue only with Pakistan. Now before you say it is a discrimination against a particular country, of course it is just like how in Pakistani passport it is written it is applicable to all countries except Israel. Similarly India's stance is diplomatic relationship with all countries except Pakistan.

Modi got the highest civilian award from UAE govt and Seoul peace prize. If world take the claims of Pakistani's seriously, they would term Modi as Islamophobe by now. However we all know the reputation of Pakistani's around the world.

Pakistan may not be able to clear all its debts but PCB will make big profit with India series. If anything, it is BCCI that indirectly funds PCB & Pak cricket. It is not my words but said by your ex PCB chairman Ramiz Raja.

The only valid point you guys can raise is the hypocrisy of BCCI i.e why we play against Pakistan in ICC events but forget about jawans come bilateral. This is something I agree with and I genuinely hope either we play Pakistan everywhere or don't play at all. These picking and choosing makes us look bad.

So as a Pakistani, you should be raising your voice on this point more and more.

However if you divert this to Hindutva-Muslims issue or Modi propaganda etc, Rajdeep will become professor and take you to old school.

:ravi

There's no message to send out. PCB is poor while BCCI is rich. They need the ICC's money to survive. They'll bend whichever way it's possible to continue receiving the share of the money pool.

They have big hearts and are not narrow-minded. :inti

It isn't indian posters here who said it. It was your former PCB president Ramiz Raja. To quote him -

"In a way India's business houses are running Pakistan cricket and if tomorrow the Indian PM decides he will not allow any funding to Pakistan, this cricket board can collapse."
You just reinforced my point. It is for only domestic consumption.

Yousuf made a valid point though. You'd have to agree with it. For a country. Every citizen's life should be equally as important as a Cricketer. Be it Tennis player or Basketball.

If Indian government is letting its people go to to Pakistan to participate in tournaments there. This either means that they don't value their lives as much as Cricketers, or they don't actually think they'll get hurt in Pakistan through terrorism.

You just reinforced my point. It is for only domestic consumption.
Yea, what the then PCB Chief said was for domestic consumption. While what a random nobody from Pakistan like you says is a fact derived straight from an equation of physics.

Or maybe there is truth to it. The truth is unpalatable for some people.
Once again, you seem to be missing the point, whether intentionally or unintentionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
India is suffering from semi civil war in Manipur, insurgents from Myanmar entering the country, border insecurity on Bangladeshi border and ongoing fighting with Naxals.

Add to this the ongoing Kashmir issue.

But there is never any introspection. They just accuse Pakistan of supporting terrorism and their population laps it up.

What ludo lol? The ship has sailed. Article 370 done and dusted. But yeah let the pak establishment make merry lying to the pak public that they eill get back kashmir.. it's been 75 years now and they are still trying. Wake up and smell the coffee. An entire generation and the future of Pak has been destroyed becauee of this. But yeah go ahead..

Pak should first save their citizens and maybe free Uighurs first before all this lip service nonsense.. no moral ummah obligation here??

Difference is no one is forcing Pak to come. They can say no all day but no - they will shamelessly come every time every single time. And pcb will bend everytime before bcci. No offense but pcb is a puppet of bcci- they will simply do as the bcci says .. 😉

There's no message to send out. PCB is poor while BCCI is rich. They need the ICC's money to survive. They'll bend whichever way it's possible to continue receiving the share of the money pool.
You were close.
BCCI is indeed rich but it's not the wealth (or lack of) of the PCB that is the issue.

The PCB, like its current government and the Establishment that runs it, couldn't give two hoots about anything other then filling it pockets and hanging onto power for as long as they can.

Meanwhile, India will never stop attacks from Pakistan because a hostile enemy keeps the establishment in situ.
If Kashmir wasn't an issue then trust me something else would be.

Yea, what the then PCB Chief said was for domestic consumption. While what a random nobody from Pakistan like you says is a fact derived straight from an equation of physics.
Many of the participants on this forum, yourself included, may not hold significant influence in the broader context.

However, the PCB Chief is right to call out India's selective approach and how cricket is being leveraged for domestic political gain, projecting a false sense of Hindutva bravado. After all, cricket is often seen as a second religion in India, right behind the reverence for Modi.

If Pakistan-sponsored terrorism were truly such a pressing concern, and if it genuinely impacted Pakistan’s economy, one would expect Modi Ji to take more substantive actions, such as cutting off financial channels. Instead, the focus has been limited to preventing the Indian cricket team from playing in Pakistan.

As I mentioned, it's all for domestic consumption.

That's okay .. you can keep them in your prayers but don't funnel them any money and a

Difference is no one is forcing Pak to come. They can say no all day but no - they will shamelessly come every time every single time. And pcb will bend everytime before bcci. No offense but pcb is a puppet of bcci- they will simply do as the bcci says .. 😉

Inviting someone to your home & then treating them with great hospitality who you claim are supporting killing your people is deranged .

Pakistan doesn’t care , they will play cricket with anyone , anywhere but continue its other policies.

The ball is always in Indian court .

Pakistan should say ok we’ll
Play you in Kashmir , your land isn’t it ?

You were close.
BCCI is indeed rich but it's not the wealth (or lack of) of the PCB that is the issue.

The PCB, like its current government and the Establishment that runs it, couldn't give two hoots about anything other then filling it pockets and hanging onto power for as long as they can.

Meanwhile, India will never stop attacks from Pakistan because a hostile enemy keeps the establishment in situ.
If Kashmir wasn't an issue then trust me something else would be.
Without ICC's revenue sharing the bureaucracy in PCB would have no money to eat

They have big hearts and are not narrow-minded. :inti

Inviting someone to your home & then treating them with great hospitality who you claim are supporting killing your people is deranged .

Pakistan doesn’t care , they will play cricket with anyone , anywhere but continue its other policies.

Babar Azam is not a terrorist himself.
Being welcoming to him is not a disgrace.

A team is assembled for Davis Cup only. There are no regular national team matches in Tennis. Its an ad-hoc arrangement.

India is suffering from semi civil war in Manipur, insurgents from Myanmar entering the country, border insecurity on Bangladeshi border and ongoing fighting with Naxals.

But there is never any introspection. They just accuse Pakistan of supporting terrorism and their population laps it up.

What border insecurity with BD?

Kashmir issue is largely under control.

Meitei vs Kuki is a centuries old problem. Centuries. Every now and then Kukis try something only to be beaten back.

Pakistan is on record supporting terrorists in Kashmir whom they cal freedom fighters.

What does what is happening in Manipur have to do with Pakistan's involvement with Kashmir ? The two are completely different topics so I don't see the relevance here. Atleast make it make sense.

What does what is happening in Manipur have to do with Pakistan's involvement with Kashmir ? The two are completely different topics so I don't see the relevance here. Atleast make it make sense.
It doesn't make sense to you.

But your country is suffering from terrorism and internal violence on multiple spheres.

Yet the focus of your politicians is solely on alleged terrorism from Pakistan not their own actions that are ripping apart the fabric of your country on multiple lines.

What border insecurity with BD?

Kashmir issue is largely under control.

Meitei vs Kuki is a centuries old problem. Centuries. Every now and then Kukis try something only to be beaten back.

Pakistan is on record supporting terrorists in Kashmir whom they cal freedom fighters.
Amit Shah said unless terrorism stops implying that the situation with Kashmir is not under control. He is not saying his stance is based on past terrorist activity but present.

Which one is it ? Has terrorism stopped or not.

It doesn't make sense to you.

But your country is suffering from terrorism and internal violence on multiple spheres.

Yet the focus of your politicians is solely on alleged terrorism from Pakistan not their own actions that are ripping apart the fabric of your country on multiple lines.

But the topic is about Pakistan and why India refuses to play cricket with them - and the reason is terrorism emanating from Pak. That has nothing do with Manipur, a domestic matter. How are the two linked ?

But the topic is about Pakistan and why India refuses to play cricket with them - and the reason is terrorism emanating from Pak. That has nothing do with Manipur, a domestic matter. How are the two linked ?
The link is the fixation of Indian government on Pakistan only.

The link is the fixation of Indian government on Pakistan only.

You are overthinking it. There is no fixation. The Indian govt ceased all Pak relations - trade and cricket - after which they've carried on with domestic matters. There might be the odd chirp here and there when an election comes around but apart from that Pakistan isn't on the TV news cycles in India anymore, from what friends tell me.

To be precise, it was Imran Khan who stopped trade relations in Aug 2019 so you should be blaming him.

Pak says everything about kashmir but will visit anttime to Ind to play a cricket event. They could have said no to odi 2023 wc but no they came over. And now they will agree to a hybrid model as well for the CT. There is mo invitation hospitality nonsense here between any countries - it's all about the money and how the individual boards can make profit. Why will.pak play with Ind everytime all the time even though they keep saying Ind keeps kashmir unlawfully but have no qualms to visit Ind to play cricket. Ind will never vist pak anytime in ghe near future atleast for the next 10 years

Pak says everything about kashmir but will visit anttime to Ind to play a cricket event. They could have said no to odi 2023 wc but no they came over. And now they will agree to a hybrid model as well for the CT. There is mo invitation hospitality nonsense here between any countries - it's all about the money and how the individual boards can make profit. Why will.pak play with Ind everytime all the time even though they keep saying Ind keeps kashmir unlawfully but have no qualms to visit Ind to play cricket. Ind will never vist pak anytime in ghe near future atleast for the next 10 years

Most don’t care if India comes to play some bat & ball sport . Pak will continue playing sport anywhere & continue its policies of supporting freedom fighters .

again it’s Indians who need to have some self respect. Pak is invited in icc tournaments, given hospitality, nice tea & food. Dead soldiers are nowhere to be heard of then lol

No money no honey

More about imposing economic costs. Tennis events between 2 nations brings no money. Cricket brings lot of money. India current policy is to bully Pakistan by squeezing their economy. Like banning trade, asking USA to create hurdles at IMF, ask Saudis & UAE to stop giving free lunches, using FATF grey listing to restrict access to financial markets. Banning cricket tours / events fall in the same ambit - everyone knows an India tour is a financial windfall
Basically the santani doctrine..?

Most don’t care if India comes to play some bat & ball sport . Pak will continue playing sport anywhere & continue its policies of supporting freedom fighters .

again it’s Indians who need to have some self respect. Pak is invited in icc tournaments, given hospitality, nice tea & food. Dead soldiers are nowhere to be heard of then lol
The ones whom you call freedom fighters like Lahskar & Jaish are banned terrorist organization as per law in Great Britain. It is the same country you reside and pay taxes, just saying.

The ones whom you call freedom fighters like Lahskar & Jaish are banned terrorist organization as per law in Great Britain. It is the same country you reside and pay taxes, just saying.

Under international law occupied people have a right to resist. Indians must accept this reality , every month many Indian occupying forces are eliminated, stopping playing cricket with Pakistan hasn’t made any difference.

Again if it’s so terrifying & serious ban Pakistan team from entering India, stop all trade , stop sending Indian athletes to Pakistan . Only not going to Pakistan to play cricket is weak & hillarious . Do it all or if not ensure Pakistan team are given a full massage after every match in the next icc tournament in India.

Back