IHC suspends Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi's sentences in the Toshakhana case [Post Updated #303]

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
An Accountability Court Judge Muhammad Bashir pronounced the Toshakhana reference case on Wednesday and sentenced the founding Chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and his wife Bushra Bibi to 14 years each imprisonment.

PTI founder Imran Khan was also disqualified from holding any public office for 10 years. A fine of Rs 78.70 million was also imposed on each and Rs158.30 billion collectively on both accused.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder was brought to court, however, Bushra Bibi did not appear. The court summoned the PTI founder to appear and inquired where his 342 statement was.

Imran Khan replied: “The statement is in the room, I was only called to appear before the court.”

The judge directed Imran Khan to submit his statement immediately and remarked: “Don't waste court time.”

Imran Khan asked the judge why he was in such a hurry and highlighted he was sentenced hurriedly in a cipher case.

“The lawyers have not come yet, I will submit the statement after showing them,” the PTI founder and then left the courtroom.

On Tuesday, the hearing of the Toshakhana reference against Imran Khan, founder of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), and his wife Bushra Bibi was adjourned after presiding Judge Muhammad Bashir fell ill and was hospitalized.

During the proceedings, Bushra Bibi's statement was recorded under Section 342 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CPC), but Khan's statement was deferred to the next hearing. The defense team also plans to present their witness list at that time.

Tensions flared when Imran Khan addressed the judge, expressing frustration at the missed opportunity to cross-examine witnesses. "Our right to defend ourselves has been curtailed," he stated.

"I was prepared to question the witnesses about the actual price of the gifts, something crucial for my defense. This opportunity has been denied." He further declared, "I am capable of defending myself. Am I expected to receive the verdict today itself?"

Khan also raised concerns about alleged discrepancies in information provided by the Prime Minister's House military secretary. "There have been instances of blatant lies," he asserted.

Furthermore, the PTI founder accused the military secretary of the Prime Minister's House of falsehood, adding a layer of complexity to the ongoing legal proceedings.

The adjournment due to the judge's health is unexpected, adding another layer to the already complex and highly publicized Toshakhana case.

In less than 24 hours, former prime minister Imran Khan got a second sentence from the courts. On Tuesday, former premier Imran Khan and former foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi have each been sentenced to 10 years in prison in the cipher case.

The verdict was pronounced by Judge Abul Hasnat Zulqernain of the Official Secrets Act special court after conducting proceedings in Adiala Jail in Rawalpindi.

The judge said the prosecution had enough solid evidence to prove the crime.

Both the accused were present in the courtroom at the time of sentencing, and they refused to sign the statement questionnaire under Section 342 of CrPC. They said they would not sign the questionnaire in the absence of their lawyers.

SOURCE: https://www.samaa.tv/208738988-tosh...-years-imprisonment-disqualified-for-10-years

Last edited:
The establishment in Pakistan is going berserk. Goes to show how much of a banana republic Pakistan truly is. Sham courts, phony cases and an honorable man and his family, party & supporters terrorized beyond believe. But Imran khan is not the loser here. Pakistan, its economy and credibility are the biggest losers.

I feel very sad for Imran Khan…
In my childhood, IK and Wasim Raja (big brother of Rameez) were popular Pak cricketers amongst our kids…. Pakistan lost track after Zia came to power… Pakistan was at Par with India when Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was in power….

When IK was captain of Pak team said if he comes to power Pakistan will defeat India in war…Later he became PM of Pakistan, but nothing happened….

I think the establishment is thinking that it is a warfare, and he needs to fire all guns at once. It will eventually benefit PTI and IK in the longer run and will further damage the image of the establishment and judiciary. No political leader gets demolished by jails and sentences in whole Pakistan political history

This kangaroo country has no future. I feel so bad for the millions of young people who are staring into darkness with no hope in sight. IK is not the victim here, its the ordinary people of Pakistan who are being butchered viciously bey establishment.

Pakistan desperately needs strong governments asap! The country is on a deathbed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zilch. Nada. They will do nothing.

Therefore a couple of generations from now when the next Imran Khan arrives, he too will be crumpled up and chucked for 43 years in jail because of the lack of precedent set by the lazy people.
Ordinary people have a chance next week to smack these establishment right in the face.

A nation that sells the moon for a plate of biryani can never progress. This was bound to happen and the nation should be ashamed of it when special treatment and favoritism bring such decisions.

In my childhood, IK and Wasim Raja (big brother of Rameez) were popular Pak cricketers amongst our kids…. Pakistan lost track after Zia came to power… Pakistan was at Par with India when Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto was in power….

When IK was captain of Pak team said if he comes to power Pakistan will defeat India in war…Later he became PM of Pakistan, but nothing happened….
He said that? In what context?

On the other hand, NAB was forming teams for the arrest of Bushra Begum, the purpose of which was to humiliate them by arresting them in front of cameras. But Bushra Begum herself reached Adiala Jail and got arrested. LOL

According to the report, during his term as Prime Minister, Imran Khan acquired seven wristwatches worth Rs 96.6 million. This places him second among all three parties in terms of the assessed value of retained watches.

Last edited:
According to the report, during his term as Prime Minister, Imran Khan acquired seven wristwatches worth Rs 96.6 million. This places him second among all three parties in terms of the assessed value of retained watches.
When the gut valuing the watches was challenged, he had no idea at all. He worked for an Ind company and had no qualifications. This was also the case that IK was convicted in Sept and the Judge had to run away to England and ended up having dinner with Noora women.

Ik’s chapter ruthlessly closed!! I blame Bollywood movies which tell you the good guy wins in the end.

Reality couldn't be far enough nasty shitss like zardari sharif will rule the roost till end of times.

Need to stop panicking, the country won't end tomorrow. These jail terms can disappear overnight, the establishment has the power to offer 99% discount to whatever the judges sentences.

Aaj mujrim, kal PM! IK will be back.

Ordinary people have a chance next week to smack these establishment right in the face.

You really think it's that simple?

Nawaz Sharif has already been pencilled in as the next PM and that is all that will happen next week.

Pakistani people need to transform from merely ordinary to extraordinary to effect a change.

Pakistan has just become a banana 🍌 republic now. After the most awful decisions in recent times.

this is different from what you said earlier. I want to see the proofs of that statement, please. You must have the record or something?
Since IK’s statement was 3-4 decades back, now I remembered it clearly what he said.. at that time in Sharjah, Pakistan were wining majority of the matches against India… after one Pakistan’s win against India, IK said “cricket mein toh humesha hum hee Jung jeetate hai, inshaallah ek din asali Jung mein Pakistan ki army Hindustan ko haara degi”

Ik’s chapter ruthlessly closed!! I blame Bollywood movies which tell you the good guy wins in the end.

Reality couldn't be far enough nasty shitss like zardari sharif will rule the roost till end of times.
IK was great cricketer/ captain, but politix require ruthless/business minded ppls… IK tried to be a Bollywood hero, but ended on other side

Wow this is the first time I'm hearing this surely you would have some context or reference to back this claim. What I have heard over the years from IK is primarily opposing wars. Even in the incident concerning Indian jet pilot IK rather than taking this issue to warfront extended peaceful gesture by returning the pilot safely across border. Therefore IK warmongering doesn't make sense as you posted.

Since IK’s statement was 3-4 decades back, now I remembered it clearly what he said.. at that time in Sharjah, Pakistan were wining majority of the matches against India… after one Pakistan’s win against India, IK said “cricket mein toh humesha hum hee Jung jeetate hai, inshaallah ek din asali Jung mein Pakistan ki army Hindustan ko haara degi”
Wow this is the first time I'm hearing this surely you would have some context or reference to back this claim. What I have heard over the years from IK is primarily opposing wars. Even in the incident concerning Indian jet pilot IK rather than taking this issue to warfront extended peaceful gesture by returning the pilot safely across border. Therefore IK warmongering doesn't make sense as you posted.
Here is the reference as per him. No real source was provided. Cannot take words for it.

So if PTI win the elections they can reverse Khan’s 24 years imprisonment?

Pls read my all posts then u will come to know what context IK said it… in 90s decade Internet wasn’t there… u will not find all 90s news on internet… one need to visit archive library where if they indexing u will find it

Pls read my all posts then u will come to know what context IK said it… in 90s decade Internet wasn’t there… u will not find all 90s news on internet… one need to visit archive library where if they indexing u will find it
Apologies mate but hearsay or words simply cannot be taken at face value given the spread of disinformation in today's world. There is a fact that growing spread of disinformation is the biggest threat to security and democracy

So if PTI win the elections they can reverse Khan’s 24 years imprisonment?

Even if they win it all their independent candidates will be forced to join another party.

I reckon these cases will be thrown out the window after the elections or whenever they appeal.

IK was great cricketer/ captain, but politix require ruthless/business minded ppls… IK tried to be a Bollywood hero, but ended on other side

So who was preventing previous leaders of Pakistan from developing their country before the advent of Imran Khan?

Bhutto Sr & wife had previous stints, so did Nawaz Sharif. What did they achieve for the nation?

I'm not sure about Imran Khan, but Pinky Pirni truly deserves it.
For what? Yesterday @Major wanted him hanged but wasn't sure for what. What is her crime other than being IKs wife. Does she have property abroad, does she have Swiss bank accounts, does she abuse power and get people locked up on fake cases. So let's hear your reasoning

Really? Any source.

You really think it's that simple?

Nawaz Sharif has already been pencilled in as the next PM and that is all that will happen next week.

Pakistani people need to transform from merely ordinary to extraordinary to effect a change.
NS and Establishment can hold hands, but the population is with IK, around 80%. It is painful now and will be painful for a while but PK for the 1st time in its his history will have civilians ruling. No doubt the mafia will fight as they are doing now but IA each one of these thugs will have to face the music.

NS and Establishment can hold hands, but the population is with IK, around 80%.

All that has resulted in is him being in jail for the foreseeable.

"80% Pakistanis" is clearly not good enough.

For what? Yesterday @Major wanted him hanged but wasn't sure for what. What is her crime other than being IKs wife. Does she have property abroad, does she have Swiss bank accounts, does she abuse power and get people locked up on fake cases. So let's hear your reasoning
Her crime is money laundering through Farah Gogi and the toshakhana reference case, which states that Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi received and retained gifts from foreign dignitaries worth millions of rupees, violating established procedures for handling such gifts.

US State Department Spokesperson Matthew Miller refrained from commenting in detail on Tuesday regarding the sentencing of former prime minister Imran Khan, stating that the matter was one for the Pakistani courts.

During a routine press briefing, spokesperson Miller consistently emphasised that the legal proceedings against the ex-prime minister and the PTI head were matters to be resolved by the Pakistani judicial system.

"We've been closely following the cases brought against the former prime minister, but we refrain from making any comments on the sentencing," he reiterated. "The issue lies within the jurisdiction of the Pakistani courts," responded Miller.

The spokesperson stressed that the prosecution of the former prime minister falls under the purview of the legal system, and the United States would defer to Pakistani courts on legal matters. However, he expressed the desire to witness the democratic process unfolding in a manner that encourages broad participation from all parties, highlighting the importance of respecting democratic principles.

Addressing a related inquiry, Miller clarified that the US maintains a neutral stance on internal Pakistani affairs and refrains from taking positions on candidates for office in the country. "We advocate for a free, fair, and open democratic process, and in legal matters, it is for Pakistani courts to make decisions," he asserted.

The spokesperson reiterated the US's consistent call for the upholding of democratic principles, human rights, and the rule of law in Pakistan and worldwide.

Miller also underscored the US's aspiration for a free and fair election, stating that they would closely monitor the process over the next week to 10 days. While acknowledging room for improvement in certain areas in Pakistan, he clarified that there was "no specific assessment made in the current case."

Previously, the US said it would continue to support a “vibrant” democracy in Pakistan but it was not supposed to dictate Islamabad the “exact specifics” of holding the general elections, which are due in the country next month.

Miller declined to comment on the allegations of “excesses ahead of the polls” levelled by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) against the government.

“We will continue to support democratic expression and a vibrant democracy in Pakistan,” he told the journalists. “It’s not for the United States to dictate to Pakistan how it conducts – the exact specifics of how it conducts - its election,” he added.

"But to make clear that we want to see those elections conducted in a free, fair, and peaceful manner that includes freedom of expression, peaceful assembly and association, and ultimately a full, open, reliable, vibrant democratic process,” he said.

“Our interest, as you have heard me say before, is in the democratic process. We want to see free and fair elections that are conducted per Pakistan’s laws, and we don’t support one candidate or party over another in Pakistan or anywhere else in the world."

The spokesperson's comments come as the former premier was sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in the cypher case a day earlier. He was convicted in the case along with party leader Shah Mahmood Qureshi, the foreign minister in Imran's government.

The sentence was handed down inside Adiala jail, where the former premier is already incarcerated, by judge Abul Hasnat Zulqarnain of the special court, set up under the Official Secrets Act.

Earlier today, Imran was sentenced, along with his wife Bushra Bibi, for 14 years in the Toshakhana case as well.

Accountability court judge Mohammad Bashir presided over the hearing at Rawalpindi's Adiala jail, where the former prime minister is incarcerated.

Imran and Bushra were also barred from holding any public office for the next 10 years and were fined a combined amount of Rs1,574 million.

The convictions come merely a week before the country heads to polls, on February 8.

Express Tribune

What a husband and wife.
should have some shame
Bro do you think Aleem Khan’s views on Imran and how his missus manipulates him are true? Or he is basically just venting unnecessary frustration towards them?

Her crime is money laundering through Farah Gogi and the toshakhana reference case, which states that Imran Khan and Bushra Bibi received and retained gifts from foreign dignitaries worth millions of rupees, violating established procedures for handling such gifts.
And your evidence is Geo tv. The gifts were legally taken, price fully paid and declared. This case is so pathetic that it took a total tool to prosecute it( remember the NAB chairman that SS appointed didnt want to prosecute it as it had no legs) and then a Judge that didnt want to give a verdict, being forced to give a verdict. So she was prosecuted because they wanted her to break and become a witness against IK, she didnt break, he didnt break but it seems your wudhu broke.

Bro do you think Aleem Khan’s views on Imran and how his missus manipulates him are true? Or he is basically just venting unnecessary frustration towards them?
The Aleem khan case illustrates why PKs love IK so much. Kaptaan said get your name cleared in some case he had but he wanted IK to get him cleared, but Kaptaan refused.

What a chor, both husband and wife.

Pinky Pirni should have some shame
Why did the judge not want to give verdict and wanted to retire early? Do you know the difference between carats and grams? Well if you do then you know more than the star witness :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So who was preventing previous leaders of Pakistan from developing their country before the advent of Imran Khan?

Bhutto Sr & wife had previous stints, so did Nawaz Sharif. What did they achieve for the nation?
These leaders not developed Pakistan because they all were so focused in keeping their power… for that they used ppls anti-India sentiments esp. Kashmir issue… during this period, Pakistan was getting huge US aid, therefore these politicians never tried to develop Pakistan. But when US stopped Aid to them, Pakistan exposed economically

The Aleem khan case illustrates why PKs love IK so much. Kaptaan said get your name cleared in some case he had but he wanted IK to get him cleared, but Kaptaan refused.
But then how is Khan implicated by Aleem is Scott free?

These leaders not developed Pakistan because they all were so focused in keeping their power… for that they used ppls anti-India sentiments esp. Kashmir issue… during this period, Pakistan was getting huge US aid, therefore these politicians never tried to develop Pakistan. But when US stopped Aid to them, Pakistan exposed economically

Well yes. That is the problem with the ruthless politics which you say Imran Khan was unqualified for. It is also the reason why IK's biggest critics never nail their colour to the mast of the alternatives. They know they are backing crooks and frauds whose only interests in power is to divert funds into their own accounts.

He's only got himself to blame

A simpleton fool who surrounded himself with snakes who screwed him including his wife .

Like a broken record turned it all personal a vendetta against sharifs when that failed he turned on the military and tried an insurrection the very same people who bought him into power. Most of his backers are sitting in UK and would never go back to Pakistan.

Even in the UK there is an establishment and the pm cannot go off script or against the security services or state secrets they have the powerful media to make someone resign , they used that to get rid of jeremy corbyn since the establishment would never accept someone like him.

It happened to trump he went off script and became a liability the US establishment got rid off him.

He's only got himself to blame

A simpleton fool who surrounded himself with snakes who screwed him including his wife .

Like a broken record turned it all personal a vendetta against sharifs when that failed he turned on the military and tried an insurrection the very same people who bought him into power. Most of his backers are sitting in UK and would never go back to Pakistan.

Even in the UK there is an establishment and the pm cannot go off script or against the security services or state secrets they have the powerful media to make someone resign , they used that to get rid of jeremy corbyn since the establishment would never accept someone like him.

It happened to trump he went off script and became a liability the US establishment got rid off him.

He tried to speak up for justice & fairness for all .

I think we should all loot the nation now , it only has a decade or so before it turns into Syria

Establishment has always controlled Pakistan and it seems it will continue.

Election, PM, these charges again IK etc are just a noise. Everything revolves around establishment making sure they control the nation. Pakistan's problem starts and ends there. No institution will develop and this drama can continue for many decades.

14 years of jail term? I don't understand all the politics but it seems these kind of terms are just to make sure IK is sidelined for a while.

Legal experts, journalists say Toshakhana verdict as per ‘expectations’, deride manner of proceedings​

After PTI founder Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi on Wednesday were sentenced to 14 years in jail in the Toshakhana reference by an accountability coiurt, legal experts and journalists criticised how the trial was carried out, albeit adding that the verdict against the two was “expected” and came as no surprise.

A day earlier, a special court established under the Official Secrets Act had sentenced Imran and foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi to 10 years in prison for leaking state secrets.

Previously, Imran was convicted in a separate Toshakhana case on August 5, 2023, and sentenced to three years’ imprisonment. The Islamabad High Court (IHC) had suspended his sentence, however, a division bench had later rejected Imran’s petition seeking the suspension of the conviction.

Regarding the latest legal axe to fall on the PTI chief, this is what the experts Dawn.com spoke had to say:

Verdict gives impression that a deadline is being met: Basil Nabi Malik
Lawyer Basil Nabi Malik said the “back-to-back convictions … on back-to-back days” were “shocking to those who know not and quite expected for those who claim to know a bit too much.”

He said the verdict, “similar to the case in the cipher matter”, was rushed and gave an impression of “an impending deadline being met”.

Malik said a discussion on the merits of the decision would be premature without reading the detailed verdict itself but a few things were “certain”.

“Firstly, very few will consider this judgment credible, he said. “Secondly, overreliance on procedural straitjackets provides impetus to the opinion that the merits of the case must not have been sufficiently strong.

“Thirdly, any verdict given without affording the accused a fair opportunity to present his defence or cross the prosecution witnesses will always be shrouded in whispers of a kangaroo court proceeding.

“Fourthly, and perhaps most importantly, rather than hurting Imran Khan, this may well politically strengthen him for the upcoming elections,” the lawyer said.

Victimization turning Imran into mythical character: Shahzeb Jillani
Journalist Shahzeb Jillani said the way the trials against Imran were conducted and their subsequent verdicts made a “mockery of our judicial process”.

He added that “the deep dislike for Imran Khan among state institutions is now well-established. At first, it seemed like they just wanted to cut him down to size. Now, it’s clear that the aim was to demolish his politics completely.

“They think they are punishing him for his transgressions. But the brazen victimisation over the last year or so is turning him into a mythical character in the public imagination as sympathy for him grows — even among people highly critical of his divisive and confrontational politics.”

Anchor and journalist Arifa Noor, too, said the sentence was “expected” after what had transpired a day earlier.

“Yesterday evening, while news channels were commenting on the quick decision in the cipher case, the Toshakhana case was being heard in Adiala Jail and the general perception was that the conviction would come in a similar manner.”

She added that the judge in the Toshakhana case “did not disappoint the gossipmongers or the analysts”.

Toshakhana verdict undermines people’s faith in justice: Rida Hosain
Meanwhile, lawyer Rida Hosain said that just a day ago, Imran and Qureshi were denied the right to be represented by a counsel of their choice and convicted in the cipher case.

She added that the right to cross-examine prosecution witnesses was closed “as per reports” in the Toshakhana reference.

Hosain questioned: “What is the extreme urgency, and why are verdicts being pronounced in complete disregard of fair trial and due process rights?

“The Toshakhana verdict has little to do with the law. It undermines people’s faith in the justice system when the law is weaponised, and fundamental rights are ignored.”

Hosain said that past wrongs could not and should not be used to “legitimise obvious injustice”.

Source: Dawn News

Bushra voluntarily surrenders after Toshakhana verdict​

Following the announcement of the decision by accountability court judge Mohammad Bashir, Imran’s wife surrendered. The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) team, already at the jail, where the hearing was being conducted, took her into custody as soon as she reached.

Jail authorities confirm that Bushra Bibi and Imran Khan will be kept in separate cells within the prison.

In response to recent security concerns, the external security of the prison has been reinforced by the police. Additional security personnel have been deployed at the front, rear, and sides of the prison.

It is noteworthy that the prison administration received a threatening call within the last three days, warning of making the jail a target. Subsequently, authorities have raised security alerts in the jail. Officials have confirmed that the threatening call was received on the official number of Adiala Jail.

Earlier, Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi were sentenced to 14 years imprisonment in the Toshakhana case. Both were also barred from holding any public office for the next 10 years and were fined a combined amount of Rs1,574 million.

The judge also asked the two to record their statements under Section 342 of the Code of Criminal Procedure and closed the right of cross-examination of the prosecution witnesses.

The verdict comes a day after the PTI founder was sentenced to 10 years in the cypher case by a special court established under the Official Secrets Act.

Source: The Express Tribune

Why is NS free today? Why is SS free? why are Billo and daddy free. Its called a banana republic for a reason.

Because they didn't call for armed insurrection against the overlords. Ppp and pmln leaders and party officials have been tortured and imprisoned but they did it with dignity and still didn't badmouth the military, the ppps greatest leader was even executed . Ik is not even half the politician or statesman bhutto was.
Rana sanaullah was beaten and had his moustache shaved off.

Ik and his supporters did something india is afraid to do directly attack military property and installations

You see what happened when India tried in balakot and when iran tried in kech District see the response. Did military cower they gave a fitting response and said you want to escalate bring it on.

Besides it was the overlords who paved the way for ik he then turned around and bit the hand that fed him. Big mistake . Like I said he was never a sensible person but an idiotic person and he engineered his own downfall. He's basically a poundshop trump.

If he wanted to be anti state he should have ran away like altaf hussain and sit in London and make videos from there.
Only difference is muhajirs have suffered and genuine grievances against racist sindhi elite and military operation .

Overall he was a hypocrite this is the guy who said he will rather commit suicide than go to imf everything this guy did was just backsliding .

Only leader who praised taliban and afghanis who are open enemies even india has accepted pakistan a country that was broken from india yet these afghanis didn't even accept pakistan creation.
He wanted open borders and their office embassy in pakistan when no country is acknowledging them because of the repercussions.
So who was blowing smoke then recognising taliban and taking money from zionist controlled imf 😄
Taking saudi loans then wanting to open ties with Iran 😄

As for all those advocating military out of the picture there will be no pakistan because india and taliban will gobble it up within a month.
Insafian say awam will defend pakistan 😄 no they won't Persians, mughals , Mongols, turks , Afghans, Greeks, Sikhs, British are all testament to that occupation of natives of indus river basin and they occupied it for centuries.

Insafian would never leave uk to come and defend pakistan if india and taliban started

Who has been at the forefront tackling that ttp menace for last 20 yrs and laying down their lives those outposts on kpk borders attacked daily soldiers laying their lives down to prevent the hordes reaching punjab main cities etc and suicide attacks starting again on civilians.
Ttp taliban openly saying there is no border and we dont recognise pakistan.

I'm not happy about the situation but I'd rather see an intact pakistan than something that
decends into chaos like Somalia, libya or Syria and occupied by some foreign force, that's what would have happened if military didn't get rid of the idiot.

So IK is done for some time as per the system now let's make the lives of Pakistani comfortable, slash petrol by 100 launch sakti roti scheme and blah blah

Because they didn't call for armed insurrection against the overlords. Ppp and pmln leaders and party officials have been tortured and imprisoned but they did it with dignity and still didn't badmouth the military, the ppps greatest leader was even executed . Ik is not even half the politician or statesman bhutto was.
Rana sanaullah was beaten and had his moustache shaved off.

Ik and his supporters did something india is afraid to do directly attack military property and installations

You see what happened when India tried in balakot and when iran tried in kech District see the response. Did military cower they gave a fitting response and said you want to escalate bring it on.

Besides it was the overlords who paved the way for ik he then turned around and bit the hand that fed him. Big mistake . Like I said he was never a sensible person but an idiotic person and he engineered his own downfall. He's basically a poundshop trump.

If he wanted to be anti state he should have ran away like altaf hussain and sit in London and make videos from there.
Only difference is muhajirs have suffered and genuine grievances against racist sindhi elite and military operation .

Overall he was a hypocrite this is the guy who said he will rather commit suicide than go to imf everything this guy did was just backsliding .

Only leader who praised taliban and afghanis who are open enemies even india has accepted pakistan a country that was broken from india yet these afghanis didn't even accept pakistan creation.
He wanted open borders and their office embassy in pakistan when no country is acknowledging them because of the repercussions.
So who was blowing smoke then recognising taliban and taking money from zionist controlled imf 😄
Taking saudi loans then wanting to open ties with Iran 😄

As for all those advocating military out of the picture there will be no pakistan because india and taliban will gobble it up within a month.
Insafian say awam will defend pakistan 😄 no they won't Persians, mughals , Mongols, turks , Afghans, Greeks, Sikhs, British are all testament to that occupation of natives of indus river basin and they occupied it for centuries.

Insafian would never leave uk to come and defend pakistan if india and taliban started

Who has been at the forefront tackling that ttp menace for last 20 yrs and laying down their lives those outposts on kpk borders attacked daily soldiers laying their lives down to prevent the hordes reaching punjab main cities etc and suicide attacks starting again on civilians.
Ttp taliban openly saying there is no border and we dont recognise pakistan.

I'm not happy about the situation but I'd rather see an intact pakistan than something that
decends into chaos like Somalia, libya or Syria and occupied by some foreign force, that's what would have happened if military didn't get rid of the idiot.
What a load of cods wallop. I stopped reading after you told us that NS didn't bad mouth the Generals.

Rolex to diamonds: What’s landed Pakistan’s Imran Khan a 14-year jail term?​

A court in Pakistan has sentenced former Prime Minister Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi to 14 years in prison just a week before general elections, for unlawfully buying and selling state gifts.

The former prime minister and his wife were also fined each 787 million rupees ($2.8m) in a case known as the asset concealment case, or Toshakhana case.

The 71-year-old cricketer-turned-leader was jailed for 10 years for leaking state secrets on Tuesday. The former prime minister has said the cases are politically motivated and aimed at keeping him and his party away from the elections.

So what is the case behind the latest ruling, and what gifts were part of it?

What is the Toshakhana or state gifts case against Khan?
The former prime minister has been accused of misusing his 2018-2022 prime ministership to unlawfully buy and sell gifts kept inside the Toshakhana, or treasure house – a government-owned department.

The Toshakhana stores gifts received by prime ministers, presidents, ministers, members of parliament and government officials. Khan was sentenced to three years in prison in August for selling state gifts worth more than 140 million Pakistani rupees ($500,000).

The August sentencing, now suspended, was brought by the election commission. Wednesday’s conviction against the cricketer-turned-politician was brought by the anticorruption body in the same case.

Khan and Bibi were indicted three weeks ago on charges they bought gifts – including jewellery and watches – at reduced prices and sold them at market value. They pleaded not guilty.

Source: Al Jazeera

For national security issue he got 10 years , for a stupid watch he got 14 years . So watch was more valuable than the national security. Watch was also more valuable than the luxury BMWs , mercedese and other luxury vehicles which Zardari and their families ran away with .

Just for a minor case of watch , he got 14 years , he has another 180 serious cases left to be sentenced , if gets 10 years for each one , he is looking for some 1000 years. While the real thieves and dacoits are roaming around freely , some in uniform , some without it.

Who is Bushra Bibi, the mystical wife of Imran Khan?

The rumours about Imran Khan's third wife did not take long to start swirling.

For a start, Bushra Maneka - as she was known before her marriage to Pakistan's former cricket captain-turned-politician - was quite different to her two glamorous predecessors. While British socialite Jemima Goldsmith and journalist Reham Khan graced the covers of magazines and television screens, she stayed hidden behind a veil.

In fact, Khan would tell the Mail on Sunday proudly in 2018 that he "did not catch a glimpse of my wife's face until after we were married" - something that he said would have been "unthinkable" back in the 1980s, his heyday on the London nightclub circuit.

It was, he said, Bushra's intellect and character which drew him to her. But that was not what really got people talking - it was, instead, the mystical powers she was credited with.

The woman now known as Bushra Bibi was, in fact, a faith healer with a small following who respected her as a spiritual adviser.

On Wednesday the couple were both sentenced to jail and fined more than $2m each in a corruption case - news that had readers round the world googling her name to find out more about her.

Some say Bushra Bibi's attached to the Sufi tradition, but that is disputed by others. Often described as Islamic mysticism, Sufism - which her husband says he has been interested in for more than three decades - emphasises the inner search for God and the renunciation of worldly matters.

It's a far cry from his cricketing years when he developed a reputation as a playboy before settling down to a society marriage that was never far from the limelight.

In 1995, at the age of 43, he married the 21-year-old British heiress, Jemima Goldsmith - the daughter of one of the world's richest men at the time. The marriage lasted nine years and produced two sons.

A second marriage in 2015, to journalist and former BBC weather presenter Reham Khan, lasted less than a year. She alleges she was bullied by his supporters and wrote a tell-all memoir.

By contrast, Imran Khan's 2018 marriage to Bushra Bibi was a low-profile ceremony. Observers say the match plays well with his public shows of devotion to Islam.

It's rumoured Khan turned to the mother-of-five for advice after they met at a 13th Century Sufi shrine. At the time she was still married to her first husband.

Bushra Bibi, it was whispered, then saw in a dream that the only way Khan would become prime minister was if they got married. And so, the couple wed - and six months later Khan became Pakistan's prime minister.

Bushra Bibi, who is reportedly now in her 40s, was quick to rubbish the story in her only television interview to date, in October 2018.

She did, however, assure the interviewer that Pakistan would soon improve under Imran Khan's leadership.

That did not come to pass: during his tenure, the economy collapsed, the cost of living soared, many of his political opponents were jailed, media freedoms were curbed and human rights violations and attacks against journalists increased.

As a politician, Imran Khan built his success by publicly upholding liberalism, while at the same time appealing to Islamic values and anti-West sentiment. He was also said to be close to Pakistan's military, with whom he subsequently fell out of favour.

Within four years of becoming PM, Khan's political career had begun unravelling. In 2022 he was ousted by a parliamentary vote of no confidence and the following year he was arrested and jailed as court cases piled up against him.

Now, Pakistan's former first lady is also jailed, serving a 14-year sentence after they were both convicted of illegally profiting from state gifts while he was in office.

She has other legal problems too.

Her former husband, to whom she was married for 28 years before their divorce in 2017, is pursuing her through the courts.

Khawar Maneka - a civil servant and son of a well-known politician - filed a complaint alleging "fraudulent marriage and fornication" in November, according to Pakistan's Dawn newspaper. Days before, he had told Pakistan's GeoNews that he had come forward because he was "exhausted from holding it in".

The courts threw out the fornication charge but the fraudulent marriage case has been allowed to proceed.

Under Muslim family law, women are prohibited from remarrying for a few months after their husband dies or they are divorced. It is alleged that Bushra Bibi married Imran Khan before the completion of the stipulated time following her divorce from Khawar Maneka.

Bushra Bibi's precise role in the state gifts case - in which sentencing came just over a week before national elections in which her husband is banned from participating - is unclear.

She and her husband were accused of illegally selling gifts - including perfumes, dinner sets and diamond jewellery - through their aides in Dubai during Khan's time in office. According to Reuters news agency, these gifts were worth more than 140 million rupees ($501,000; £395,000).

Khan's Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party has dismissed the cases against him - which Khan's lawyers say number in the region of 170 - as being politically motivated.

Bushra Bibi's sentence was another attempt to put pressure on the former prime minister, the PTI's acting chairman and lawyer Gohar Ali Khan said.

"Bushra Bibi has no link to this case," he told a local television network, according to Reuters.

That, of course, does not change the fact that Bushra Bibi - who handed herself in shortly after the sentence was delivered - now faces the prospect of years as a prisoner.

A government notice late on Wednesday said she would be held under house arrest at her residence in Islamabad until further orders.
SOURCE: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68151420

Legal experts, journalists say Toshakhana verdict as per ‘expectations’, deride manner of proceedings​

After PTI founder Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi on Wednesday were sentenced to 14 years in jail in the Toshakhana reference by an accountability coiurt, legal experts and journalists criticised how the trial was carried out, albeit adding that the verdict against the two was “expected” and came as no surprise.

A day earlier, a special court established under the Official Secrets Act had sentenced Imran and foreign minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi to 10 years in prison for leaking state secrets.

Previously, Imran was convicted in a separate Toshakhana case on August 5, 2023, and sentenced to three years’ imprisonment. The Islamabad High Court (IHC) had suspended his sentence, however, a division bench had later rejected Imran’s petition seeking the suspension of the conviction.

Regarding the latest legal axe to fall on the PTI chief, this is what the experts Dawn.com spoke had to say:

Verdict gives impression that a deadline is being met: Basil Nabi Malik
Lawyer Basil Nabi Malik said the “back-to-back convictions … on back-to-back days” were “shocking to those who know not and quite expected for those who claim to know a bit too much.”

He said the verdict, “similar to the case in the cipher matter”, was rushed and gave an impression of “an impending deadline being met”.

Malik said a discussion on the merits of the decision would be premature without reading the detailed verdict itself but a few things were “certain”.

“Firstly, very few will consider this judgment credible, he said. “Secondly, overreliance on procedural straitjackets provides impetus to the opinion that the merits of the case must not have been sufficiently strong.

“Thirdly, any verdict given without affording the accused a fair opportunity to present his defence or cross the prosecution witnesses will always be shrouded in whispers of a kangaroo court proceeding.

“Fourthly, and perhaps most importantly, rather than hurting Imran Khan, this may well politically strengthen him for the upcoming elections,” the lawyer said.

Victimization turning Imran into mythical character: Shahzeb Jillani
Journalist Shahzeb Jillani said the way the trials against Imran were conducted and their subsequent verdicts made a “mockery of our judicial process”.

He added that “the deep dislike for Imran Khan among state institutions is now well-established. At first, it seemed like they just wanted to cut him down to size. Now, it’s clear that the aim was to demolish his politics completely.

“They think they are punishing him for his transgressions. But the brazen victimisation over the last year or so is turning him into a mythical character in the public imagination as sympathy for him grows — even among people highly critical of his divisive and confrontational politics.”

Anchor and journalist Arifa Noor, too, said the sentence was “expected” after what had transpired a day earlier.

“Yesterday evening, while news channels were commenting on the quick decision in the cipher case, the Toshakhana case was being heard in Adiala Jail and the general perception was that the conviction would come in a similar manner.”

She added that the judge in the Toshakhana case “did not disappoint the gossipmongers or the analysts”.

Toshakhana verdict undermines people’s faith in justice: Rida Hosain
Meanwhile, lawyer Rida Hosain said that just a day ago, Imran and Qureshi were denied the right to be represented by a counsel of their choice and convicted in the cipher case.

She added that the right to cross-examine prosecution witnesses was closed “as per reports” in the Toshakhana reference.

Hosain questioned: “What is the extreme urgency, and why are verdicts being pronounced in complete disregard of fair trial and due process rights?

“The Toshakhana verdict has little to do with the law. It undermines people’s faith in the justice system when the law is weaponised, and fundamental rights are ignored.”

Hosain said that past wrongs could not and should not be used to “legitimise obvious injustice”.

Source: Dawn News

People who understand the law will see this decision as fake, bogus and based on oure hatred. Biasness is dripping out of these 2 decisions. Balck day for Pakistan and its judicial system (AGAIN)

Pakistan ex-PM Khan's wife back home after residence declared 'sub-jail'

Bushra Bibi, a Muslim faith healer who met Khan when he approached her for spiritual guidance, handed herself in to authorities on Wednesday shortly after the pair were sentenced in a case involving the sale of foreign gifts received while he was premier.

Khan, who was also sentenced to 10 years in jail on Tuesday in a separate case after being found guilty of leaking state secrets, remains at Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, where the trial was held.

The former international cricketer and his legal team have slammed the convictions and myriad other charges as a ploy by the military-led establishment to keep him from returning to power in elections next week.

Late Wednesday the government said Bibi had been transferred to her home on the outskirts of Islamabad from Adiala jail.

"The Chief Commissioner, Islamabad Capital Territory is pleased to declare the residence of convict Mst. Bushra Bibi... as Sub-Jail, as on 31-01-2024, till further orders," read an order seen by AFP.

The Khan home -- a rambling bungalow in a large compound surrounded by high concrete walls -- is in the plush Bani Gala area of the capital.

Pakistan goes to the polls on February 8 in a ballot already marred by allegations of rigging, with Khan barred from running and his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party subject to a massive crackdown.

Thousands of supporters were detained when riots broke out after Khan's first arrest last year, with around 100 people awaiting trial in secretive military courts.

Bibi is a polarising figure whose marriage to Khan in 2018 -- months before he was elected prime minister -- both scandalised and titillated the nation.

Oxford-educated Khan earned a reputation as a playboy during his cricket-playing bachelor days, frequently photographed alongside society beauties and models.

His first marriage to Jemima Goldsmith -- the daughter of a British multimillionaire -- ended in divorce.

He then married Reham Nayyar, a television journalist who published a kiss-and-tell memoir after they divorced within a year.

Bibi, his third wife, rarely appears in public and wears a face-covering hijab when she does.

Source: Hindustan Times

So
Pakistan ex-PM Khan's wife back home after residence declared 'sub-jail'

Bushra Bibi, a Muslim faith healer who met Khan when he approached her for spiritual guidance, handed herself in to authorities on Wednesday shortly after the pair were sentenced in a case involving the sale of foreign gifts received while he was premier.

Khan, who was also sentenced to 10 years in jail on Tuesday in a separate case after being found guilty of leaking state secrets, remains at Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, where the trial was held.

The former international cricketer and his legal team have slammed the convictions and myriad other charges as a ploy by the military-led establishment to keep him from returning to power in elections next week.

Late Wednesday the government said Bibi had been transferred to her home on the outskirts of Islamabad from Adiala jail.

"The Chief Commissioner, Islamabad Capital Territory is pleased to declare the residence of convict Mst. Bushra Bibi... as Sub-Jail, as on 31-01-2024, till further orders," read an order seen by AFP.

The Khan home -- a rambling bungalow in a large compound surrounded by high concrete walls -- is in the plush Bani Gala area of the capital.

Pakistan goes to the polls on February 8 in a ballot already marred by allegations of rigging, with Khan barred from running and his Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party subject to a massive crackdown.

Thousands of supporters were detained when riots broke out after Khan's first arrest last year, with around 100 people awaiting trial in secretive military courts.

Bibi is a polarising figure whose marriage to Khan in 2018 -- months before he was elected prime minister -- both scandalised and titillated the nation.

Oxford-educated Khan earned a reputation as a playboy during his cricket-playing bachelor days, frequently photographed alongside society beauties and models.

His first marriage to Jemima Goldsmith -- the daughter of a British multimillionaire -- ended in divorce.

He then married Reham Nayyar, a television journalist who published a kiss-and-tell memoir after they divorced within a year.

Bibi, his third wife, rarely appears in public and wears a face-covering hijab when she does.

Source: Hindustan Times

The news that she asked for it was lie. The jail authorities which basically means NS and their suhlaatkaar couldn't cope with the bad PR of having an innocent woman charged. Remember all those allegations against her, well where are the cases. This case has about much legs as the NS has support in PK. They got an expert that couldn't tell the difference between carats and grams. A guy that gave the valuation but who works in a garage. A guy that gave the valuation based upon looking at pictures. A case indicted and prosecuted in a month, where the defendants werent allowed to call witnesses or record their testimonies and where the judge realised that he was forced to give an unjust decision and tried to retire.

Verdicts coming from ‘elsewhere’ merely being announced by ‘puppets’: Imran

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan, who was handed down a 14-year jail sentence in the Toshakhana case along with his wife Bushra Bibi a day earlier, said that verdicts against them were coming from "elsewhere" and their “puppets” were merely announcing them.

The verdict came just a day after a special court, established under the Official Secrets Act, awarded Khan and former foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi 10 years imprisonment in the high-profile cypher case.

Speaking to journalists following a hearing of “un-Islamic” marriage case, Khan lashed out at the judges making the decisions, saying that they were turning the justice system into a spectacle.

“We will show the public in a press conference that necklace [in Toshakhana case] based on which the conviction was made,” he added.

Imran said that the necklace was not in Toshakhana (gift depository) and that a Saudi envoy himself had brought it to his residence, adding that Bushra Bibi had nothing to do with the case.

Back