India (132/3) beat Bangladesh (127) comfortably by 7 wickets in the 1st T20I to take a 1-0 lead in the 3-match T20I series

Reminder to self :
Never argue with a fool, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Hinduphobe Islamic bigot back on ignore list...
You have too much patience to argue with him (using facts) in the first place, nish.

Besides, don't think mods will be kind to me (my posts, I mean) if I posted exact same things (especially the bold parts) as you have typed about sweepy (which I totally agree with).

Big woop!
Abhishekbis 24 and Riyan is 22.

They both are very young and both are all rounders and terrific fielders. They both will feature in the Indian side for many years to come.

Parag will come good and Abhishek has already shown what he can do in international cricket. He already scored a century.
I don't believe for a second that Riyan Parag is "only" 22. Out of the two, only Parag is a good fielder.

Abhishek isn't even an average fielder, by today's standards. And he scored a T20I century against Zimbabwe. Let's not forget that.

You have too much patience to argue with him (using facts) in the first place, nish.

Besides, don't think mods will be kind to me (my posts, I mean) if I posted exact same things (especially the bold parts) as you have typed about sweepy (which I totally agree with).
Mate put him on ignore, that's what I had done for all these years except for the temporary lapse...

His creator knows what's in his heart and his reality and will deal with him... till then can scooby doo Tagore and bearded Indians but Karmas a bitc h ..

Back to topic.

Yup it gives BD the opportunity to tuk-tuk and ensure that the game goes closer to the 40 over mark than getting mauled in about 30ish overs. Choti-Choti khushiyaan by any chance?

Chasing has an advantage in T20. Underdogs should always look to chase.

You are writing like you are following a Bollywood script. Take a chill pill.

I don't know why you are mad about me cheering for the Aussies.
Sure no worries you can support anyone. I luv it when any team beats Ban , so much fun :D

Also the more I think about it , the Ban mens cricket team is similar to Ind womens cricket team. Both think they are superstar players but have little to show for it. Crumble at the first sign of pressure. Overhyped but below mediocre. Lack of cricket awareness on the field, sloppy fielding, timid batting. Both getting hammered at WCs.

Some posters rightly pointed out the lack of power to be the major issue in Bangladeshi batting. But I don't think it's something that can be improved overnight given the short and fragile stature of Bangladesh players in general.

They may do well for Under-17s, but the power gap with rest of the world becomes too apparent as manhood approaches.

Back to topic.

Chasing has an advantage in T20. Underdogs should always look to chase.

which is that it gives you the best chance to save face and claim that .... "Dekho ji hamne match ko akhri over tak le gaye" ?

Like this match --> Dont Click me! :)

The fact of the matter is that you will still lose 9/10 times.

which is that it gives you the best chance to save face and claim that .... "Dekho ji hamne match ko akhri over tak le gaye" ?

Like this match --> Dont Click me! :)

The fact of the matter is that you will still lose 9/10 times.

I am not clicking that link. What if it is a ransomware or a keylogger?

Give me the date and names of the teams please.

You must be really naive if you think that is soo easy to do :facepalm:

hover over the link it will tell you the site where it is from on the status bar in your browser. Or hover--rightclick--copy link paste it in notepad ... WTH !!

47th Match, Super Eights,Group 1, North Sound, June 22, 2024, ICC Men's T20 World Cup

India 196/5 Bangladesh ; (20 ov, T:197) 146/8

And yeah BTW an FYI if you didnt know it , Ban got royally hammered in this game !:D

47th Match, Super Eights,Group 1, North Sound, June 22, 2024, ICC Men's T20 World Cup

India 196/5 Bangladesh ; (20 ov, T:197) 146/8

And yeah BTW an FYI if you didnt know it , Ban got royally hammered in this game !:D

OK. I remember that game.

It doesn't change the fact chasing is the way to go for any underdog team when it comes to T20.

OK. I remember that game.

It doesn't change the fact chasing is the way to go for any underdog team when it comes to T20.
Not true. A vast majority of upsets by underdogs have been batting first. cant remember a single game where the underdogs chased. And by underdogs I mean Associates playing against test/top 10 teams. If you are referring to Ban as an underdog, then all bets are off the table. :)

Ebadot economy rate - 3.58 , average 47. Last played a match in June, 2023

Nahid Rana economy rate - 5.09, average - 42

Taskin Ahmed economy rate - 3.69, average - 45.

These were the pace stalwarts you were missing and India would not have scored quickly off ?
Nahid rana express pace
Average 50
Hahahahah in India

Hahaha
Missed nahid in second test

Tbf I give credit to bdesh. Pacers did ok. Not bad at all. It's batting that let them down big time.

You are writing like you are following a Bollywood script. Take a chill pill.

I don't know why you are mad about me cheering for the Aussies.
You should be supporting Asian block bro.
Like most of us do.

WTC points. The worst rule in sports. Ever.

Example? The upcoming Pak-Eng series vs. Aus-Ind series. The winners of a test in Aus-Ind series will get less points than the winner of a test in Pak-Eng series. For playing the exact same game/format. How ridiculous is that?

Aus and Ind have to work harder and longer to earn same amount of points. Or, they can play less number of tests and earn the same!

If they play less, how will that promote test cricket?
And we play right after IPL when we are tired for the final should we make it.

I am a fan of Australian team since 2000. I don't have to be an Australian to support Australia.

It is the same reason why desis often support Argentina and Brazil in football. I myself support Argentina and Messi even though I am not from Argentina.

It seems like you expect everyone to be a blind nationalist.
I can understand if you lived in aus to support them. Like momin

But not if you live in England or wherever you live lol.

I can understand if you lived in aus to support them. Like momin

But not if you live in England or wherever you live lol.

I live in Canada.

I support Aussies because I like the way they play their cricket.

since you were so shy to click that link .... Here is the full link from Cricinfo in clear text ... lol :ROFLMAO:

Scorecard ... Ind 196 BD 146. The match lasted the full 40 overs but everyone who was watching knew it was done and dusted by about 15 overs into India's batting. Look at the win predictor LOL! A 50 run victory margin in T20I is a huge win.

BCCI might end up losing a lot of revenue if 20 over matches get completed inside 11 overs. Next match onwards, Ind should bat first if they win the toss. But I don't think SKY cares about BCCI. (Even a neutral fan can't enjoy such one sided thrashings)

BCCI might end up losing a lot of revenue if 20 over matches get completed inside 11 overs. Next match onwards, Ind should bat first if they win the toss. But I don't think SKY cares about BCCI. (Even a neutral fan can't enjoy such one sided thrashings)

BCCI should schedule 4 day Test matches followed by a T20I on the final day of the match for teams like BD to save costs ... even in the Kanpur test they could have squeezed in a T20 I despite nealry 3 days lost to rain lol

This is your pretty much future t20 players. Ind in this t20 series only missing Bumrah, Pant, Gill, Jaiswal. BD didnt have Rana, Taskin. So you scored heavily at such rate against sunday league bowler Khaled Ahmed who hasnt played test in years and Mahmud who comes decent at times if theres another proper pacer roughing up batsman from the other end. Why didnt you rest Bumrah, Ashwin for 2nd test. You played against BD b-side, bowling wise.
I would say India are playing without half our first choice T20 team.

At full strength, the batting would include Jaiswal, Pant and probably Gill
The bowling would include Bumrah, Kuldeep and Axar.

The only players from this team guaranteed a place in a full strength team are Surya, Hardik and Arshdeep. The others are auditioning.

What on earth is "turning into a barbie"?

You seriously think you're "owning" us with this goo goo gaa gaa Australia final cringeworthy taunt on every unrelated thread but you're only coming across as a proper 🤡 with zero logic and pind level unfunny bantering abilities.
Typical slave mentality, gets owned 24/7, but it reaches a point that they become delusional trying to cope with reality 🤣

I would say India are playing without half our first choice T20 team.

At full strength, the batting would include Jaiswal, Pant and probably Gill
The bowling would include Bumrah, Kuldeep and Axar.

The only players from this team guaranteed a place in a full strength team are Surya, Hardik and Arshdeep. The others are auditioning.
India is missing 2 players from ICC top ranking

Screenshot-2024-10-06-232334.png

India is not missing Rituraj but jaiswal is First name in playing eleven

We can select third team still they will beat Bangladesh with ease.
Look at the goat at no 1. Take a hard look at where the mighty stand and where the past have fallen.

India is missing 2 players from ICC top ranking

Screenshot-2024-10-06-232334.png
I don't think T20 ICC rankings mean anything. Bilaterals should be completely excluded from such calculations. Nobody thinks Babar Azam, Rizwan and Gaikwad are among the top 10 T20 batters in the world. Gaikwad is struggling to break into our second team. There are shrill calls to drop Babar and Rizwan from the Pakistan national team.

This BD team should not be invited for bilaterals. Pure waste of time and resources. They were so pathetic that the crowd was uncharacteristically cheering for every 4/6 the BD batters managed to hit. It can't get any more embarrassing than this for a team visiting India 🤦🏼‍♂️

I don't think T20 ICC rankings mean anything. Bilaterals should be completely excluded from such calculations. Nobody thinks Babar Azam, Rizwan and Gaikwad are among the top 10 T20 batters in the world. Gaikwad is struggling to break into our second team. There are shrill calls to drop Babar and Rizwan from the Pakistan national team.
Gaikwad averages 40 at a strike rate of 143 with 1 century and 4 fifties. You could hardlly call that a flop. May be in comparison. But he is better than any Bangladesh batsman.

Gaikwad averages 40 at a strike rate of 143 with 1 century and 4 fifties. You could hardlly call that a flop. May be in comparison. But he is better than any Bangladesh batsman.
No I agree. Harsh to label him a flop. It's just that there's room for only one of Gill or him ie an accumulator with capacity to improve strike rate later in the innings, in the new look T20 team India's trying to build. All the others need to be able to go from ball one.

Gill is definitely ahead of him at this point.

Skipper Najmul Hossain Shanto opened up about the team's ongoing struggles during the post-match press conference:

"Powerplay is definitely a worry. The approach we talked about (before the game), it will be successful if we make a good start with the bat. We have to keep the wickets in the first six overs, and score runs in those. Otherwise, those coming in next, it become too challenging for them. We have struggled in the powerplay. Those batting in the power play must take more responsibility."

"I wouldn't say we played badly. We are a better team than this. We haven't done well in this format for a long time, but I don't believe we are such a bad team. I don't want to talk about any individual player. I think the batting unit didn't do well today. There will be aggression in the way we approach our scoring, but sometimes we have to select the balls correctly. We will think about it, but we can't rush in changing our approach."

"We have the ability, but we have room for improvement in our skills. We have been batting in this way for the last ten years. Sometimes we do well. We have to make some changes, perhaps where we practice back home. We play on 140-150 wickets at home. Our batters don't know how to score 180 runs. I won't blame just the wickets, but we have to consider skills and mentality."

Typical slave mentality, gets owned 24/7, but it reaches a point that they become delusional trying to cope with reality 🤣

Ahh yes "sLaVe mEnTalItY" :murali

Bit rich coming from a wannabe Australian cringelord who cries at the first sight of mirror being shown.

How many chances you want him to get? He is an utter flop in international cricket and only people from a certain state demands his inclusion in Indian team.
Lol how many chance he gets in odi?

How many chances you want him to get? He is an utter flop in international cricket and only people from a certain state demands his inclusion in Indian team.
He scored century in his last odi innings (in South Africa)... But he's a flop despite averaging 50+.. :facepalm
Some guys are just blind hater..

Also the more I think about it , the Ban mens cricket team is similar to Ind womens cricket team. Both think they are superstar players but have little to show for it. Crumble at the first sign of pressure. Overhyped but below mediocre. Lack of cricket awareness on the field, sloppy fielding, timid batting. Both getting hammered at WCs.
Indian Women's team have made it to SF/F multiple times. BD Men's team is comparable to Pak Women's team. Both are punching bags for every other team.

As an indian i thot BD's best chance was in t20- this format where anything can happen, but our young guns fired big time....
Sw the highlights on u-tube and Mayank was awesome...good to see a young guy with real tezaab....

good to see young pacemen coming up - i feel Nahid Rana if he sorts out his action has a good future....

Whatever happened to that young Pak guy Insanullah - i thot he was pretty quick ...
Hope to see Harshit rana audition very soon....Nitish looks the sort of T20 guy who will benefit in swingy/seamy conditions
Bring on the next game and hhope for some more aangaar from our young guns...

This cricinfo article by Bangladesh echoes what we have been saying

Especially this line

" It is stuck in the mid-2010s when batting sides had anchors, and a middle-order batter with a strike rate of 120 or thereabouts mattered."

I don't believe for a second that Riyan Parag is "only" 22. Out of the two, only Parag is a good fielder.

Abhishek isn't even an average fielder, by today's standards. And he scored a T20I century against Zimbabwe. Let's not forget that.
How many T20's have they played?

In the limited showing, these two have done a good job.

Parag, Abhishek and Nitish Reddy are going to feature in the Indian lineup for a long time. Nitish is a fast bowling all rounder. That makes him very valuable.

from the IND 11 playing here , how many would walk in to the PAK T20 11 ? honest feedback folks . c @Rana @Mamoon @BouncerGuy @Asad T @FearlessRoar ps BD 114/7 IN 17
short answer None... none of thr Indians got pace or no look shot or the acting skill or the finisher skills PCT is looking.

Only Rinku might get a look in for a sheet anchor role and Sundar as Shadabs waterboy.

Back