India (171/7) hand a crushing defeat to England (103) by 68 runs to secure their spot in the finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I'm hearing that there is 100% chance of rain in Guyana and this semifinal to be washed out ?
They have this crazy idea of having 10 hour window for the match. So basically they have to wait and wait and wait for long if the rain persists. Stop start stop start. Going to be a farce.

Yeah what's wrong with that ? Unlike for the other semifinal, there is no reserve day .. which is strange.
That is too much of a wait if the rain keeps falling for several hours and you get an hour to play. It changes the conditions massively. There has to be a threshold on how long the rain go on. Cannot be 6 or 7 hours.

I am surprised given that India has beaten England 4 T20 series in a row. Last time they won a series agianst India was way back in 2014. 10 years back.
Same I thought NZ is a banana peel for us, but that only in ICC T20 and world cups but England also tends to surprise us out of nowhere and we tend to underestimate them.

Same I thought NZ is a banana peel for us, but that only in ICC T20 and world cups but England also tends to surprise us out of nowhere and we tend to underestimate them.

India has never played against England with both Bumrah adn Kuldeep in the same side

With Bumrah India 3-1 against England
With Kuldeep India 1-1 against England

Both of them missed the last world T20.

In
India has never played against England with both Bumrah adn Kuldeep in the same side

With Bumrah India 3-1 against England
With Kuldeep India 1-1 against England

Both of them missed the last world T20.
They are our trump card, and but Rashid and Jordan are the scary guys who tend to over perform once in a while

Guyana is 6 feet below sea level. It will look flooded if there is rain
. This was against Pakistan and West Indies from Aug 1, 2021, Providence. West Indies bowled 1.5 overs and washed out, Same venue August 3rd , 2021 that was also washed out.

325190.jpg

Good . If it is a washout i want a total wash out. Not like Afghanistan vs BD match. That will be a travesty and match becomes a lottery.
If the match will complete washout and india qualified. Then meltdown of some fans here will be Epic :kp

No reserve day but play can start as late as 4.14pm local time. For reference - the actual start time is 10.30am local time
oh plenty of time to complete this match since there is no rain forecast in the 2nd half of the day so hopefully we will get a result.

oh plenty of time to complete this match since there is no rain forecast in the 2nd half of the day so hopefully we will get a result.
Yes, would be very surprised if there is no result. There is enough time plenty of time to get a result

Some real low totals happened at Providence so far

Uganda 39 all out vs West Indies
NZ 75 all out vs Afghanistan
PNG 77 all out vs Uganda
Uganda 58 all out vs Afghanistan

No & how is this allowed?blatant cheating by the organisers.no other sport would allow this. If India had any integrity they would refuse and insist the game is played. Change the venue if necessary
BCCI has been cheating since 2 decades now and still little to show. I cant imagine the level of GOATness of Pakistan 2017 team that they won Champions Trophy despite BCCI influencing everything.

No & how is this allowed?blatant cheating by the organisers.no other sport would allow this. If India had any integrity they would refuse and insist the game is played. Change the venue if necessary

Guyana weather will be the most searched term in google today

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was reserve day for 2nd Semifinals but not for 1st than people's would have complain why there was no reserve day for 1st semi but why for only india matches

Surely there should just be a reserve day for… both… ?

Bairstow might as well not turn up. When he comes out to bat, surely Kuldeep will just be brought on. Bairstow bats like a tail ender against him and will last 3 balls before abjectly slogging across the line for an early shower.

Bairstow bats like a tail ender against him and will last 3 balls before abjectly slogging across the line for an early shower.

Didn't Jonny smash Kuldeep all over the ground in the 2019 WC game ?

Didn't Jonny smash Kuldeep all over the ground in the 2019 WC game ?

Long while ago. Bairstow a different (worse) player since his broken leg.

Thinking about the Test series this year

Indian team is more likable than English team but they get a lot of hate due to BCCI and ICT fans.
I really used to like Rohit as a person until he got involved in pitch rigging during an ICC tournament. My current favourite in Jass Boom

Yes that was perfect

But i was replied to a person who said everything ICC doing a favour to india.

ICC doing a favor to ICC lol That is how one should put it. They make more money with this arrangement. OTher boards will benefit. It is strictly financial. They do that in US all the time with no real fuss.

2021 T20 WC Final - Australia vs New Zealand
2022 T20 WC Final - England vs Pakistan
2024 T20 WC Final - ------------ vs South Africa
Of the top 6 teams, India left so can they qualify?

They have this crazy idea of having 10 hour window for the match. So basically they have to wait and wait and wait for long if the rain persists. Stop start stop start. Going to be a farce.
Won’t be a bigger farce than the mentally weak chokers walking into the final without a ball being bowled. Hopefully we will get some play so that this generation of Indian players can fail again.

I think this is going to be a repeat of 2022 world cup. England will be looking more confident against INDIA>

England are playing the best players they have available in their system. There's no doubt about it.

India are carrying passengers like Kohli ( for commercial interests ) and political lackeys like Jadeja.

There's simply no point expecting India to go in as favourites with deadweights like these.

Won’t be a bigger farce than the mentally weak chokers walking into the final without a ball being bowled. Hopefully we will get some play so that this generation of Indian players can fail again.

Hope it rains and rains hard. I don't care how India get to the final.

Lol all the talk about money and ipl being best league,overconfidence, arrogance and talent and what not.

This is india's only 5th semi final in t20Wcs and they have audacity to talk about Pakistan in icc tournaments who has already played 6 semi finals in t20Wcs.

Indians should keep their heads down when talking of Pakistan in world t20s.

Pakistan is still ahead of them in T20wcs.

England to remind this arrogant team of 2022 wc semifinal
That was very embarrassing moment for India just like 2017 champions trophy and 2023 wc final.

One minnow shown the door in the 1st semi, time for 2nd minnow to go out so that we have a cracker of a final....

The Butler will do it... :inti

In case there is rain, there is no reserve day for thing game and India will go into the finals.

Hope it rains and rains hard. I don't care how India get to the final.
If it happens it happens.

But getting into the final because of a washout only to lose to South Africa would be the most Indian thing to happen to this Indian team.

Fearless India focus on role fulfillment over individual success

After a couple of close run-ins in the inaugural group stage, India’s T20 World Cup campaign picked up pace during the Super Eights. In improved batting conditions in the West Indies, the team maintained a positive approach, posting and defending formidable totals against good bowling line-ups.

For India skipper Rohit Sharma, this brand of fearless cricket was important and the batter stressed that T20 cricket was a format where individual performances mattered little.

“Yes, it's important to play without fear. And we have created this environment in the team for the past few years,” Rohit told reporters in India’s press conference prior the England semi-final. “That we don't have to think much (about strategies) and play without thinking. This format is like that now.

“Individual scores and individual brilliance don't matter that much. If someone does it, it's good, but you shouldn't focus on it. I think the game that we played in Bangladesh was the perfect game.”

Rohit further dissected his example and stressed that India’s focus as a side was on individual players looking to fulfill their role in a specific stage of the game.

“As a captain I really like that, because I think the role we talk about – everyone played their role, and still not one or two people made 70-80 runs. One made 50, and then the other 6 players made 23-30 each and made us reach 198," he added.

“That is because the role that we have given each player – he did his role in his phase. That's when we reached that score.

“Our focus is not on the individual score, it is on the role, how you will play the role.”

Though unbeaten in the tournament, India’s Achilles heel in their recent ICC tournament appearances has been the knockout contest. They lost in the semi-final of the 2022 edition of the Men’s T20 World Cup while they’ve also suffered losses in the finals of the ICC World Test Championship and the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup last year.

Well aware of this history, Rohit, however, stressed that his side wanted to take this as yet another game, and not take added pressure that can impede on-field performance and decision making.

“We want to treat this game as another game that we have played in this tournament,” Rohit said. “Everyone knows in the back of their mind it's a semi-final. But you don't want to keep talking about it again and again and again. And not to think about what has happened in the past.”

“Sometimes if you think too much, sometimes you then will not be able to make the decisions that you want to make on the field. So, I think it's important that we stay clear in our mind what we want to do.

“We have had enough conversations with the players, what is expected out of each one of us. So, it's time now to just rely on the individual instinct and then take the game forward.”

ICC

There could be rain from 10.30 am to 6.30 pm. Lol.

There may not be a game at all.
Good news if it is a washout. I don't mind losing to SA at least for Sean Pollock. I can hear a happy voice from him. SA will definitely lose to England. At least they have chance against India.

Good news if it is a washout. I don't mind losing to SA at least for Sean Pollock. I can hear a happy voice from him. SA will definitely lose to England. At least they have chance against India.
No reserve day for that match??

In current batting form
Buttler > Rohit
Salt > Kohli
Jacks > Pant
Bairstow > SKY
Brook > Pandya
Moeen > Dube
Livingstone > Axar
Ssam Curran > Jadeja

8 out of 8 England leads

India stands no chance against this line up

Both teams are evenly matched and very difficult to pick, will depend on the nature of pitch toss factor,
That pitch is a bit slow-ish, and favors the spinners.
Livingstone could come out as a trump card against right handed batsman.

Although this is subjective, curious to know what makes you say that?

England players are superior than their Indian counterparts and have actually won World Cups but they are still humble and don’t flaunt themselves in your faces and in the media.

ECB has made very little noise about winning two World Cups in three years. BCCI would demand statues of Indian players outside ICC HQ if they were to win two World Cups in three years.

Jos Buttler has achieved more in his white ball career than Kohli and Rohit put together, yet he is never going to talk about it.
English team is actually not even a proper country team. They do not represent England at all, poaching people from other countries and putting a label of England on top, does not make them English.

And just because ECB did not make a hoopla about winning cups does not mean every other team has to do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
In current batting form
Buttler > Rohit
Salt > Kohli
Jacks > Pant
Bairstow > SKY
Brook > Pandya
Moeen > Dube
Livingstone > Axar
Ssam Curran > Jadeja

8 out of 8 England leads

India stands no chance against this line up
Buttler is never better than Rohit, Salt is not even close to Kohli, Pant is match winner, SKY is beast in T20s.

India is too strong to this England side.

Buttler is never better than Rohit, Salt is not even close to Kohli, Pant is match winner, SKY is beast in T20s.

India is too strong to this England side.
Butler and rohit in both their primes are the same tier. Rohit has gotten higher 200 scores because he opens while butler is a no 7 in odi, ut both have played freak innings consistently and single handidely won games.

Rn on current form butler is Mile's better then rohit who's basically just a one hit wonder now.

Salt vs kohli on current form isn't close. What had kohli done this tournament?

As for Pant and sky they've done no such this in this tournament.

English team is actually not even a proper country team. They do not represent England at all, poaching people from other countries and putting a label of England on top, does not make them English.

And just because ECB did not make a hoopla about winning cups does not mean every other team has to do the same.
I think in coming years many young cricketers around the world will seek Indian nationality to try and get included as home players in 12 month IPL when it happens. What do you think?

T20 World Cup 2024: ICC Explains Reason Behind 'Different Rule' For India vs England Semi-Final

Will it rain or not? That has been the big question in the lead up to India's T20 World Cup semi-final clash against England at the Providence Stadium in Guyana. The rain has cast a shadow of uncertainty on the much-awaited clash, which will be a repeat of the last T20 World Cup semi-final which was played in Adelaide, Australia. For both teams, the final destination is the same -- a place in the summit clash against South Africa in Barbados.

The Proteas blew Afghanistan away in the first semi-final without any rain interruption, even though there was a reserve day for that game in Trinidad.

Is that the case for the second semi-final too? Not exactly. The ICC has not alotted a reserve day for the India-England semi-final. With the capital of Guyana, Georgtown, witnessing decent amount of rain over the past few days, there is a possibility that the same might happen during the day of the match.

If rain does spoil the stage, India and England will have contrasting moods. While England will be left behind licking their wounds, India will book a direct entry into the final, mainly because of their higher position in the league and Super 8 phase.

While the ICC's decision of different rules for the first and the second semi-final has caused an outcry in the media, the apex body has issued a clarification on the same.

An ICC spokesperson has suggested that since there's only a day's gap between the second semi-final in Guyana and the final in Barbados, the decision to have no reserve day for the India-England game was taken so taken so that the second finalist gets enough time to rest and travel.

"For performance reasons, to ensure teams do not have to 'play-travel-play' on consecutive days, the decision was taken to allocate the additional time for the second semi-final immediately post the game because the game is a 10.30am start, whilst the first semi-final is an evening start, which means it is not feasible to play all additional time on the same day," ESPNcricinfo quoted the ICC spokesperson as saying.

Not to forget, the semi-final was played in the evening (8:30 PM local time, 6 AM IST), the second semi-final will begin at 10:30 AM local time (8 PM IST).

The ICC spokesperson also said that the overs will start being reduced only at approximately 2.40pm (12:10 AM IST): 250 minutes after the scheduled start time of 10.30am.

NDTV

Back