India (171/7) hand a crushing defeat to England (103) by 68 runs to secure their spot in the finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Why would anyone fear a team that has won as many World Cups as Uganda in the last 10 years?

India needs to fear England. A team of proven clutch players who have won two World Cups in 3 years.
What's happening here?????
When did this happen????

Last edited by a moderator:
This World Cup has been an absolute stress fest for England cricket. Every other game they are pushed to their limits not because of their own mistakes as a cricket team, the weather really has been seriously unkind to them

ICC spokesperson confirms we'll start losing overs for India Vs England Semi Final only after 11:40 PM PST.

The start of a 10 over match should happen at 1.14 AM PST for the Semi-Final between India vs England.

Ind Vs Eng in ICC Knockout matches

IND Won (1983WC)
ENG Won (1987WC)
IND Won (2013 CT)
ENG Won (2022 T20WC)

Today for 5th time, We are facing England .

In current batting form
Buttler > Rohit
Salt > Kohli
Jacks > Pant
Bairstow > SKY
Brook > Pandya
Moeen > Dube
Livingstone > Axar
Ssam Curran > Jadeja

8 out of 8 England leads

India stands no chance against this line up
Is this some kind of reverse jinx again? Enough of this crap.

But yes I agree overall although I would say 5-3 England.

Current weather update - No rain during entire night .

And it's morning time there and Weather is cleared as of now .

My prediction for every match has been spot on. I predicted India to win this World Cup with a breeze. They will swipe England away too strong

The former Indian opener Aakash Chopra said while speaking on his YouTube channel:

"Who could be the threats from the opposing team? Firstly, the two openers, whose numbers are not that good against left-arm spin. Then, Axar Patel is an important player. You can concentrate more on him. You can focus on Ravindra Jadeja because they are having difficulties against left-arm spin."

"After that, Harry Brook in batting, and I feel Moeen Ali is a player who can trouble us. He will bowl off-spin and we have four left-handers. Actually not even four, we have Rishabh Pant, Shivam Dube, Axar Patel, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav and Arshdeep Singh."

Sanjay Manjrekar while speaking to a sports media outlet:

"India is completely changed as a T20 side. That was a wake-up call for India. They may not admit it. Both Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have never confessed that they helped India lose the semifinals, but this new India is a completely different India. What's also good for India is that England is looking a little weaker than they were a couple of years back. So, that just helps India's cause."

"India is completely changed as a T20 side. That was a wake-up call for India. They may not admit it. Both Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli have never confessed that they helped India lose the semifinals, but this new India is a completely different India. What's also good for India is that England is looking a little weaker than they were a couple of years back. So, that just helps India's cause."
These ex players talk like this and they get owned in a very bad way. LOL
Remember 170-0 in 16 overs.
England will remind them again.
Let's go England.

England is still the most versatile side. Only differences i see between England and India are India has Bumrah, Kuldeep, Jadeja added to the side ENgland has Archer and Topley added to their side. SO it all evens out.

I would give a slight edge to Eng as they seem to get on top of the Indians in finals lately.

It is amazing England and India have not met in a T20 since that semi final. Has it ever happened before. Two teams exclusively meeting in back to back semi finals with no matches in between.

Jos Buttler said in a video posted by the England Cricket Board on their website:

"They play with a hell of lot of freedom so they will be very aggressive, which probably was a shift for them after the tournament, and they played like that in the 50-over World Cup as well. I think they are very confident in that stye of play and, yes, we need to be ready for that. Like every other game, we sort of have to assess the conditions and how the wicket will play or what will be the good score. But we know that they will be aggressive, and we will do the same."

"Great memories and a very special day. One of the great games in the England shirt and the standout moments were getting Surya out as he was having an unbelievable tournament, so that was up there. And the chase as well, getting off to a good start in those kinds of chases in the semi-final and to get that sort of start was vital and the start in the first over which settled me down."

During media interaction at a press room of local Indian sports channel, former England skipper Paul Collingwood opened up on the probable bowling combination of the defending champions:

"He [Adil Rashid] is a golden nugget for the England cricket team. When he comes on naturally in the sixth over, I think the one thing about Rashid is, his wrong'uns seem to be so difficult to pick. And he's got real good deception. Now in T20 cricket, deception is key. Whether it's slower balls, or being able to turn the ball both ways, and he is looking really comfortable at the moment. Indian batsmen generally play spin very well, but I think Adil Rashid, the way that he is bowling at the moment, we just have to wait and see what the conditions are like. There’s a chance that England could actually go with four spinners themselves."

"Obviously, Moeen Ali and Liam Livingstone, who is actually an all-rounder who can bowl leg-spin and off-spin. And you never know, if the wickets are so dry, you can go with Will Jacks as well. So, plenty of options, but I think Adil Rashid is on top of his game, and this is the beauty of the World Cup. You're gonna have a leg spinner now at the top of his game, confident, up against some of the best batters in the world. And that's why it's gonna be such a good spectacle, and we're all down to see it."

Rain stops in Guyana ahead of India vs England T20 World Cup semi-final match

I think in coming years many young cricketers around the world will seek Indian nationality to try and get included as home players in 12 month IPL when it happens. What do you think?
I don't think India would ever have non Indians in their team. India has way too many people to look for external human resources.

Weather is expected to be okay. We should get a game.
Yeah, match will be started to lose overs after 11:30 PST time, and after that weather will started to get okay. So, it's possible that we're gonna witness 10-12 overs match.

A downpour is expected at around 10 am local but it's pretty clear from 11 am onwards all the way to 6 pm. I think we will have a full game starting around noon.

What should the team winning the toss do? Normally you want to bowl first when there is some rain around but I think with the low and spinning nature of the pitch, the best time to bat might be just after the rain and the pitch will get lower and slower as the day goes on. I would say win the toss and bat.

They should have given enough time in the business end

Jun 01 , 2024 inaugural day Just 1 match was hosted

Jun 10th, 2024 Just one match was hosted

Round 1 started on Jun 1st ended on June 17th

Roun 2started on Jun 19th ended on June 24th

Semi final/final Starts on 26th ends on 29th

Essentially in 10 days Round 2 + semi final + final. But first round had 17 days.

Yaatiyatiyatiyah....blah blah ..etc....can see the usual indian -ve nannies posting their usual -veity stuff, the same as on the first few pages in the thread vs Aus 2days back, or vs afg or vs Bangla...etc ..
But if the weather is a factor then , I'd get Jaiswal or Rinku or Sanju for one of the spinners or even Shivam.
Else I do not think opening combo will be tampered with - even though I don't agree with it
Will be a good match...bring it on!

Yaatiyatiyatiyah....blah blah ..etc....can see the usual indian -ve nannies posting their usual -veity stuff, the same as on the first few pages in the thread vs Aus 2days back, or vs afg or vs Bangla...etc ..
But if the weather is a factor then , I'd get Jaiswal or Rinku or Sanju for one of the spinners or even Shivam.
Else I do not think opening combo will be tampered with - even though I don't agree with it
Will be a good match...bring it on!
How is RInku going to play when he is not even part of the squad.

Rishabh pant may be the one guy who will take on Rashid khan as he is the main threat. Last international match outside world T20 happened last year. India played. SKY made 83 in 44 balls while chasing. Let us see how he plays today. A test for him.

Rishabh pant may be the one guy who will take on Rashid khan as he is the main threat. Last international match outside world T20 happened last year. India played. SKY made 83 in 44 balls while chasing. Let us see how he plays today. A test for him.
India are not playin Afghans :afridi

I want India to bat first. But with rain they hve to bite the bullet and field first. England will have a massive advantage in a shortened game. It is still going to be tricky. Wish they had the match in a different place.

In current batting form
Buttler > Rohit
Salt > Kohli
Jacks > Pant
Bairstow > SKY
Brook > Pandya
Moeen > Dube
Livingstone > Axar
Ssam Curran > Jadeja

8 out of 8 England leads

India stands no chance against this line up
England leads the head-to-head comparison with India, but that doesn't mean they are invincible. If Buttler and Salt get out early, they are in trouble. Bairstow and Livingstone are not in good form, and Moeen's batting has also declined. They are making a mistake by not playing Will Jacks. We can't write off India completely.

Let's look at some interesting T20I stats:

Buttler Vs Burmah: Conceded 3 runs from 10 balls and dismissed 2 times, SR-30 & Avg 1.5
Buttler Vs Kuldeep: Conceded 87 runs from 63 balls and dismissed 3 times, SR-138 & Avg 29
Kohli Vs Rasheed: Conceded 72 runs from 68 balls and dismissed 2 times, SR-106 & Avg 36
Rohit Vs Archer: Conceded 14 runs from 15 balls and dismissed 1 time, SR- 93 & Avg 14
Hardhik Vs Jordan: Conceded 106 runs from 54 balls and dismissed 3 times, SR- 196 & Avg 35
Kuldeep Vs Moeen: Conceded 48 runs from 20 balls and dismissed 2 times, SR- 240 & Avg 24

- Four of Rohit Sharma's five dismissals in this World Cup have come to left-arm pace.
- Phil Salt averages 52.2 and strikes at 180 in T20Is in West Indies

SA and India are the best place to host world T20s. Atmosphere, weather both are reliable reasonably. Australia has best facilities and all. But crowd response for neutral matches was garbage. England has crowd but weather is flaky there as well.

Hope we get a full game. Need to beat the few competitive teams there are left in this sport to win these kinds of tournaments.

No disrespect to Pakistan but beating just one top team to play a final just feels hollow.

England leads the head-to-head comparison with India, but that doesn't mean they are invincible. If Buttler and Salt get out early, they are in trouble. Bairstow and Livingstone are not in good form, and Moeen's batting has also declined. They are making a mistake by not playing Will Jacks. We can't write off India completely.

Buttler Vs Burmah: Conceded 3 runs from 10 balls and dismissed 2 times, SR-30 & Avg 1.5
Buttler Vs Kuldeep: Conceded 87 runs from 63 balls and dismissed 3 times, SR-138 & Avg 29
Kohli Vs Rasheed: Conceded 72 runs from 68 balls and dismissed 2 times, SR-106 & Avg 36
Rohit Vs Archer: Conceded 14 runs from 15 balls and dismissed 1 time, SR- 93 & Avg 14
Hardhik Vs Jordan: Conceded 106 runs from 54 balls and dismissed 3 times, SR- 196 & Avg 35
Kuldeep Vs Moeen: Conceded 48 runs from 20 balls and dismissed 2 times, SR- 240 & Avg 24

- Four of Rohit Sharma's five dismissals in this World Cup have come to left-arm pace.

I fear Salt more than Buttler. I am a fan of that guy. Hope he fails today. He has one of the simplest hitting technique like Buttler. I fear for Arshdeep singh. He bowls the channel that is perfect for Salt's hitting arc.

Rohit Sharma always struggles against lefties, plus it's spin friendly pitch.
Rohit can utilize the opportunity to give India the early lead by hitting against Archer rather than taking unnecessary risks against Topley/Sam Curren.

In my younger days if there was a potentially spicy pitch with overcast conditions for an match between these sides you would think India was buried.

Now, with Bumrah, Arshdeep, etc., India's pace and swing battery are among the best in the world.

Whereas England probably have the best T20 spinner.

I hope this match lives up to the hype. It could be the best one of the tournament.

A downpour is expected at around 10 am local but it's pretty clear from 11 am onwards all the way to 6 pm. I think we will have a full game starting around noon.

What should the team winning the toss do?
Normally you want to bowl first when there is some rain around but I think with the low and spinning nature of the pitch, the best time to bat might be just after the rain and the pitch will get lower and slower as the day goes on. I would say win the toss and bat.
Normally, batting first would be the right choice, but chasing will be easier considering the rain. We struggle either way :facepalm:

India v England head-to-head in T20 World Cup- 4

India: 2

England: 2

India v England overall T20Is head-to-head- 23

India: 12

England: 11

Most runs in India vs England T20Is-

Virat Kohli: 639 Runs (20 matches)

Jos Buttler: 475 Runs (21 matches)

Most wickets in India vs England T20Is-

India- Yuzvendra Chahal - 16 wickets (15 matches)

England- Chris Jordan - 21 wickets (11 matches)

Topley and Curran are weak links in English bowling line up. Hope they have a good day

India v England head-to-head in T20 World Cup- 4

India: 2

England: 2

India v England overall T20Is head-to-head- 23

India: 12

England: 11

Most runs in India vs England T20Is-

Virat Kohli: 639 Runs (20 matches)

Jos Buttler: 475 Runs (21 matches)

Most wickets in India vs England T20Is-

India- Yuzvendra Chahal - 16 wickets (15 matches)

England- Chris Jordan - 21 wickets (11 matches)
Can we witness 12-12 today? 🌚

Full game, advantage team batting first, Shortened game, advantage team batting second..

Am I right?

Don't think this is a gung ho - close your eyes & swing ur bat for the tall timber kind of wicket...I doubt if it will be like agaist Aus....I just feel will be more a test of tecnique- & VK will be a big factor first up - feel he has to play thru the innings & others bat around him...
Whereas I feel guys like Hardik who can take pace off will be handy against the eng TO ...gotta shutdown salt & buttler first....I feel we should throw up a curler by opening with Akshar !

Full game, advantage team batting first, Shortened game, advantage team batting second..

Am I right?
Not necessarily....ball will still comeback from outfield as semi wet & hard for spinner to grip....also batting 2nd shortened ame gives Ur Top order to just plan & go for it ..
End of the day , skills & talent + intent will defo win out

9:20am Looks like it's drizzling. Nasser Hussain and Co on Star Sports' coverage are under umbrellas. Pitch is covered and a few more covers are being brought in around the run-up areas. It's gotten really gloomy too, thick clouds above. Very few people in the stands as of now. Square covers coming on as I type, India's players are back in the dressing room waiting.

Back