India (205/5) comprehensively defeat Australia (181/7) by 24 runs to book their spot in the Semi-Finals of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Run Rate below 11
disagree, because then you get players who know their team is rubbish, but they smash a hundred or a fifty for the sake of applaud, knowing that they'll get all the applause even if the team loses.

Not that I'm questioning Rohits determination, quite clearly he came out with the mindset to get as many runs as possible to ensure the best outcome for his team, the right way to go.

But I'll reserve judgement on how good a knock it is when Australia bat (and likely eventually lose).
If Maxwell had failed by a run against Afghanistan in ODI world Cup or even last night in this tournament. Will you say that was for applause or stats??

Thata a good timing for aussies. Yadav was looking very dangerous

India vs England will be cracking game. I hope it doesn't rain.

Aus vs RSA would also be good.

This game is beyond Australia's now. They are not chasing this total vs India's bowling.

It’s all about the pitch too- St Lucia is the most batsman friendly ground in the entire lineup here in the WC.
It is but still, India have barely put a foot wrong. Anything above 200 and pressure will be on Australia big time. Under 200, Australia will back themselves to chase it down.

Why would you get Ishant Sharma or Mohammad Kaif in commentary? Their voice is so bad for commentary. Painful to ears and kills any fun to watch the match

As long as someone stays to give Hardik company, we should get to around 215. That should make India about 60% favourites. With Bumrah and Kuldeep bowling the way they are, Australia will have to get 170 off the remaining 12 overs. Doable but they'll have to take risks.

This Indian team has got a CT17 style collapse written all over it.. old man rohit won’t fire in the ko games. Archer & co will have a field day.

Run Rate below 11

If Maxwell had failed by a run against Afghanistan in ODI world Cup or even last night in this tournament. Will you say that was for applause or stats??
Neither but as he couldn't finish it then in my book, thats a pointless knock, neither good nor bad.

Aim to win, all substantial knocks that end up winning a match are good knocks. The rest are pointless, 'it was a good knock despite the circumstances', 'the team lost despite a good knock X', this is all small talk designed to provide padding around ones fragile ego.

The reality is that no one remembers 'the good knocks played in a losing cause', they'll remember the good or even average knocks played in a winning cause.

This game is beyond Australia's now. They are not chasing this total vs India's bowling.
Bro ...I don't think it's that easy, pitch - flat & conditions are for batting & high scores, ground small ..it won't be easy at all ..

Our two precious bowling allrounder are useless so this pair need to score whatever they can.

Dubey seems to have two weaknesses. Anything bowled on the leg stump line and short ball. Ganguly was the same

Smart play by these batsmen. Starc is done with his 4 overs. By playing Hazelwood out without damage in his last over, they are setting up for last 4

We don't have any batting depth so this is big problem why we were not won the any ICC trophy
We don’t develop middle order batsmen, all these Dubes Shankars Jhas can’t replace Dhoni(until 2011), Yuvi or Raina

Bro ...I don't think it's that easy, pitch - flat & conditions are for batting & high scores, ground small ..it won't be easy at all ..
India have the best bowling attack in the world. Chasing 190+ against them is a nearly impossible task and Australia is not up for it today. The Rohit onslaught vs Starc in PP has taken the wind out of their sails and killed off the game. Only rain can save Australia now.

Aussies made it difficult for themselves. All they had to do was defeat Afghanistan. This game would've been a practice game.

Back