India (235/4) defeat Australia (191/9) by 44 runs to take a 2-0 lead

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
With a 1-0 lead in the 5-match series, Team India will Australia at the Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram today (November 26). This is the second of the 5 T20 matches in the series.

Riding a stellar knock from Surykumar Yadav in the first game, Men in Blue defeated the Australia cricket team with a six off the last ball by Rinku Singh when they needed just one run off one ball to win the game.

For Australia, Steve Smith and Josh Inglis were the pick from the batting lineup. Inglis scored a sensational hundred and Smith had a partnership of 130 runs with him in that game

1700971929284.png

Squads:

Australia
Squad: Travis Head, Matthew Short, Steven Smith, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade(w/c), Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa, Nathan Ellis, Jason Behrendorff, Tanveer Sangha, Kane Richardson, Aaron Hardie

India Squad: Ishan Kishan(w), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Tilak Varma, Shivam Dube, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Mukesh Kumar, Washington Sundar, Avesh Khan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Jitesh Sharma

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.​

India was cruising in the first match but had a slight hiccup at the end but they eventually won the the first match. Today will be a new day, new match. Will they be able to take the lead 2-0 or will Australia bounce back?

I guess today will be Australia'a day to shine.

Last edited:
With a 1-0 lead in the 5-match series, Team India will Australia at the Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram today (November 26). This is the second of the 5 T20 matches in the series.

Riding a stellar knock from Surykumar Yadav in the first game, Men in Blue defeated the Australia cricket team with a six off the last ball by Rinku Singh when they needed just one run off one ball to win the game.

For Australia, Steve Smith and Josh Inglis were the pick from the batting lineup. Inglis scored a sensational hundred and Smith had a partnership of 130 runs with him in that game

View attachment 139435

Squads:

Australia
Squad: Travis Head, Matthew Short, Steven Smith, Josh Inglis, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Matthew Wade(w/c), Sean Abbott, Adam Zampa, Nathan Ellis, Jason Behrendorff, Tanveer Sangha, Kane Richardson, Aaron Hardie

India Squad: Ishan Kishan(w), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Suryakumar Yadav(c), Tilak Varma, Shivam Dube, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Mukesh Kumar, Washington Sundar, Avesh Khan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Jitesh Sharma

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.​
Well, Travis head who is in red hot form,if he plays today then I am forseeing another defeat for India today.

'Waqar Younis told him to bowl…': Ravichandran Ashwin recalls Team India star's life-changing moment

Ravichandran Ashwin opened up about the India pacer's lesser-known interaction with legendary Pakistani pacer Waqar Younis.

When Mohammed Siraj burst onto the scene with his lethal fast bowling, veteran Indian all-rounder Ravichandran Ashwin initially thought that the star pacer would become the 'junior Shami'. However, Ashwin now believes that there is someone else at Team India, who has the potential to become the next heir of India's all-time leading wicket-taker at the ICC World Cup - Mohammed Shami.

Four days after contesting the ICC World Cup 2023 final, India and Australia resumed their white-ball rivalry in the first T20I of the five-match series in Visakhapatnam on Thursday. With Indian think tank resting pace spearheads Jasprit Bumrah, Siraj and Shami for the Australia T20Is, India's fast-bowling attack features the likes of Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna and newcomer Mukesh Kumar.

'Mukesh could be Shami junior'

Ashwin, who recently reviewed the World Cup final on his YouTube channel, has shared a lesser-known story about the rise of pacer Mukesh. Lauding the pacer's performances against the West Indies, all-rounder Ashwin highlighted the traits Mukesh shares with superstar Shami. “I initially thought Mohammad Siraj would become the junior Shami, but I now feel it could be Mukesh Kumar. Shami is called ‘Lala’ and as a tribute to the actor Mohanlal who is called Lalettan, I call Shami Lalettan. Mukesh has a similar build, similar height, and outstanding wrist position – he has that great whip of the wrist and terrific back-spin on the ball. He has a very nice straight and nice alignment," Ashwin said on YouTube.

Ashwin also recalled Mukesh's lesser-known interaction with legendary Pakistani pacer Waqar Younis. According to the senior all-rounder, former India skipper Sourav Ganguly had reached out to Younis, VVS Laxman and Muttiah Muralitharan for a talent hunt program after taking over the Cricket Association of Bengal. Interestingly, the India pacer took a couple of deliveries to receive Waqar's stamp approval at the time.

"Imagine, you are going to bowl in front of Waqar Younis, and you were at the toilet. They had called out his name but he wasn’t there! He returned, waited for 30 minutes and told them that his name wasn’t called out," Ashwin recalled. "It was then that Waqar Younis, who was about to leave, told him to bowl a couple of balls. Those two deliveries changed his life and he is now bowling for India," he added.
NDTV

Australia have won the toss and have opted to field

Teams:

India (Playing XI): Yashasvi Jaiswal, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Ishan Kishan(w), Suryakumar Yadav(c), Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Prasidh Krishna

Australia (Playing XI): Steven Smith, Matthew Short, Josh Inglis, Marcus Stoinis, Tim David, Glenn Maxwell, Matthew Wade(w/c), Sean Abbott, Nathan Ellis, Adam Zampa, Tanveer Sangha

Suryakumar Yadav | India captain: We were also looking to chase looking at the amount of dew that was there last night. It'll be a new challenge for us, to go out there and put a score and then defend it. The last game gave us a lot of confidence, the boys were great, we will carry the same momentum. Captaincy is a new challenge and responsibility, I'm enjoying it. We're going in with the same team.

Matthew Wade | Australia captain: We're going to bowl. Hopefully the dew comes in later, the wicket should be alright. You have a look at the numbers, once you're here, you look at the wicket and have a word with the curator. We played really well the other day, India just played a little better. It's just about tidying up a few things. Adam Zampa comes in for Behrendorff and Maxwell comes in for Aaron Hardie.

IND 40/0 (3.3)

Crazy start but then this is T20!

These kind of batsmen absolutely get my adrenaline pumping!!

Keep going Jaiswal!!

Oh yaar maza Aa gaya!

50 off 24 balls in the powerplay

Jaiswal onslaught shows the class difference when compared to Ruturaj.I dont think any other young indian opener can do this.Rohit should vacate his place in odi's respectfully now

This is where Jaiswal needs to improve. Showing a bit of caution rather than throwing bat at everything.

Jaiswal putting lot of pressure on Gill for the opening slot. I feel Gill is not an opener. He should come one down.

He is a Ferrari with no brakes. He needs to control his aggression or he will become Afridi type batsman.
Afridi never plays more than 10 balls in t20 and he is a slogger.Jaiswal is Buttler/Roy kind of new gen attacking batsmen.

Ruturaj is Rahane type batsman and not cut for this format. Looks like he got Vice Captain just bcoz he plays for CSK

Ruturaj is Rahane type batsman and not cut for this format. Looks like he got Vice Captain just bcoz he plays for CSK
He is competing with Jaiswal, Gill and Kishan for the opening role. He is not as talented as them.

No … Rahane is a defensive player like Pujara…. Rituraj is aggressive player played some T20 like innings on past

Ruturaj is another tuk tuk player as I said before. No place for such guys in t20s. Even at csk he was a statpadder slow guy.. play dots and catch up for a respectable 110 sr.
And this is why guys like klrahul should not be in the team- he should see how jaiswal played zampa today. No endless mindless blocking.. For t20s if kohli klrahul rohit jadeja don't retire - then the selectors should drop them..

Also ishan has to open. That's the best spot for him. Jaiswal and ishaan should open together and just go hell for leather In power play at 10 to 12 rpo. If they get out so be it . Ind should play aggressively in t20s and not conservatively because that's why they have been losing ko games as they are too timid in those ko games

Watching Gaikwad bat like this gives me traumatic memories of Pakistan’s openers

Kishan loves Sangha!!!

He beats this bowler so hard!

Gaikwad 32 off 27

What is this?
This is why he is not a T20 player in my opinion. He is usually a 110-120 S/R batsman. But he has good temperament and technique. However as we can see, he is just not a T20 batsman and he is competing with Jaiswal, Kishan and Gill for a spot.

If Kishan cannot get into the playing XI, Gaikwad has no chance.

This is why he is not a T20 player in my opinion. He is usually a 110-120 S/R batsman. But he has good temperament and technique. However as we can see, he is just not a T20 batsman and he is competing with Jaiswal, Kishan and Gill for a spot.

If Kishan cannot get into the playing XI, Gaikwad has no chance.
Why waste time with giving this guy a go even on B tours? It’s promoting the wrong kind of cricketers for this format

Gaikwad should be on test or odi's.He does not have any business in t20.In odis too he can be an anchor like Kohli.His temperament will serve him good in test matches.

India finish at 235/4.

Aussies need 236 to win.

Aussies have chased down 240+ in the past (against NZ in Auckland).

1701012040141.png

India should work on Rinku's spin bowling a bit. If he can contribute a couple of overs with the ball as an All rounder, he will be gold and can serve India for many years to come. The man is the best finisher that India has.

In T20's, if India can have SKY, Rinku and Pandya at 5, 6 and 7 slots, it will be scary for any opposition.

Does Abbott play in IPL? If not, he will probably never put his foot on Indian soil again, after this series.

Does Abbott play in IPL? If not, he will probably never put his foot on Indian soil again, after this series.
These pitches can be brutal for medium pacers. I am sure he will be a different bowler in Aus and SA.

Well done to the broadcasters to not add average next to batsmen’s profile

Strike rate is the only thing that matters in this format!

I believe Warner is not playing next T20 World Cup (retiring after Pakistan series).

Matthew Short seems like a good hitter. He can replace Warner.

By no means is this winning score. Its 50-50 even Stevens. Man shuddering to see how prasidh and trundler Kumar bowl here 😂

Blazing start by Australia - can they keep up?

Back