India [359/7] beat Bangladesh [264] by 95 runs in World Cup 2019 warm-up match

Now that Shankar is gone cheaply, Sanjay is on full on campaigning mode to get Rahul at 4. I won't be surprised if this idiot posts a tweet about how Shankar is unfit as #4 and stuff. Sanjay is a disease to Indian cricket.

Honestly this guy needs to kicked out that box seriously when the bowler got kohli out you know what he said he’s like I don’t think the bowler intended to bowl a Yorker because no one bowls a Yorker to kohli????? Whattttt?? Bruh you guys need to sort your boy out

Sanjay Manjrekar said Saifuddin is a part timer and that the yorker might have been unintentional.

Very ignorant. Saif is a bowling allrounder and our best Yorker bowler

Them beating india is bit of a stretch but if they can get India all out by 200 then definitely it's game on.

It’s a flat wicket also Bangladesh batting is in amazing form they can easily score 300 just don’t give wickets to bumrah

Sanjay Manjrekar said Saifuddin is a part timer and that the yorker might have been unintentional.

Very ignorant. Saif is a bowling allrounder and our best Yorker bowler

Exactly I just posted that I was shocked at how ignorant someone can be and that even being an icc commentator for the world cup

Honestly this guy needs to kicked out that box seriously when the bowler got kohli out you know what he said he’s like I don’t think the bowler intended to bowl a Yorker because no one bowls a Yorker to kohli????? Whattttt?? Bruh you guys need to sort your boy out

Sorry, I didn't see that dismissal. Switched on the Tele only to see Shankar play. I hate listening to this idiot. His fetish for Mumbai cricketers and handsome cricket players is just so irritating. Check our his tweet about Shivam Dube before the start of Ipl 2019.

It hadn’t any significance just like you stating “Bangladesh beat Pakistan in Asia Cup”.

However that aside, look at the below attachment:

View attachment 91771

Surely this isn’t better than Pakistan’s benchmark of 17.4 for the yo-yo test.

Quite surprising to be honest, I didn't know this. Yo-Yo 11 is almost Boy scout level and BD players do look much fitter than that. While, PAK team with Sarfraz, Imad, Imam, Amir in it scoring 17.4 is bigger mystery for me.

I can safely say that Yo-Yo isn't the proper benchmark for Cricket fitness - physicians need to come up with cricket specific fitness standards.

Awkward moment when you equally despise both teams and can't decide which one you want to fail more. Lovely to see India's top order failing twice in a row.

Quite surprising to be honest, I didn't know this. Yo-Yo 11 is almost Boy scout level and BD players do look much fitter than that. While, PAK team with Sarfraz, Imad, Imam, Amir in it scoring 17.4 is bigger mystery for me.

I can safely say that Yo-Yo isn't the proper benchmark for Cricket fitness - physicians need to come up with cricket specific fitness standards.

Exactly. This is a test that makes no sense in cricket terms.

Any neutral would label Bangladesh and India fitted than Pakistan but the tests suggests otherwise

I can't tell there is something in this pitch or Bangladesh are bowling really well here. But we got the pace bolwling formation today. Mash, Fizz and Rubel will be our main pacer trio in this wc. Fizz and Rubel both looks pretty good.

Indians better not get excited and happy by this innings of kl Rahul it’s one big hoax and he will fail 9/10 times things don’t change that quickly never have never will

I can't tell there is something in this pitch or Bangladesh are bowling really well here. But we got the pace bolwling formation today. Mash, Fizz and Rubel will be our main pacer trio in this wc. Fizz and Rubel both looks pretty good.

Pitch was doing a bit early on but they bowled extremely well one bowler even bowled kohli with an outstanding Yorker also they had a set plan not to pitch it up to Sharma and he was struggling very badly and eventually threw his wicket away

That one short and wide ball clearly changed KL Rahul. From that point he is looking more confident.

Exactly. This is a test that makes no sense in cricket terms.

Any neutral would label Bangladesh and India fitted than Pakistan but the tests suggests otherwise

Don't know much about Bangladeshi players but Indians such as Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Kuldeep Yadav, Chahal, Shami etc are no where near the fitness of Fakhar, Shadab, Imam, Babar, Hasan. Don't try to be an expert.

Why can't BCCI appoint 10 psychologists to assess & work out with Rahul's temperament & mind game! Its pretty frustrating and annoying to see this...

Rahul is a great talent
India no 4 is settled now

He threw his wicket away to some silly shots after good starts. I'm still not sold yet. He's just thrashing some BD newbies. He will have to get consistent first to seal that 4 spot for the entire tournament. The performance in the real encounters matter.

Awkward moment when you equally despise both teams and can't decide which one you want to fail more. Lovely to see India's top order failing twice in a row.

Good for us bcz now already they failed so in main tournament we can see in real form also Rahul back in form at 4 in this match so this is big bonus for us bcz opener got out cheaply means Rahul get enough time :faf

Don't know much about Bangladeshi players but Indians such as Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Kuldeep Yadav, Chahal, Shami etc are no where near the fitness of Fakhar, Shadab, Imam, Babar, Hasan. Don't try to be an expert.

Dhoni and Rohit aren't fit? Are you discussing leanness? Dhoni is one of the fittest athletes in Indian side. He has been playing since 2004 and keeps wicket and bats. And rohit dharma has soft.looking muscles but he is the guy with 3 double centuries and a top fielder.

I am not an expert but you don't need rocket science to tell that India are among the fittest teams in the world

If i were selector i would have chosen Taskin instead of Abu jayed. Miraz is very good bowler but I think Nayeem Hasan should be also there in this WC squad. I really believe Bangladesh have missed the trick by not selecting Nayeem in this WC.

Rahul is class
I will not be surprised if he plays like Rohit in 2013 CT
Rahul is real big thing

Our top order is overrated no doubt. Only minnow bowling attacks struggle to take their wickets across two matches :srini

Like I said getting excited over this innings of Rahul will end up in a bigger disappointment

Dhoni has totally changed his game plan he’s the dhoni of early days saw it in the first World Cup game as well stepping out hitting in the leg also I believe it’s hisnlast World Cup so he’s gonna go all guns blazing

Was wrong about Pakistan, they're by far the fittest side in the WC. Idk how they've lost 12 on the trot. But no worries, they'll win the WC quite easily with such fit and skillful players. This team should win the 2023 WC as well. Only the Australian side from the 90s/Early 2000s can put up a fight against the mighty Pakistanis.

Dhoni has totally changed his game plan he’s the dhoni of early days saw it in the first World Cup game as well stepping out hitting in the leg also I believe it’s hisnlast World Cup so he’s gonna go all guns blazing

He is the most important player after Kohli and Bumrah in this line up. And people wanted him out of this team. :inti

Was wrong about Pakistan, they're by far the fittest side in the WC. Idk how they've lost 12 on the trot. But no worries, they'll win the WC quite easily with such fit and skillful players. This team should win the 2023 WC as well. Only the Australian side from the 90s/Early 2000s can put up a fight against the mighty Pakistanis.
Salty.

Spinners bowled junks. Spin from both ends and continues it despite them bowling many freebies. One dimensional captaincy annoy me. Spin is easy for them, made them settle in, feel at home.

I know this is a practice match. but BD let this drift away bowling spin too much which has made them feel at so much ease. Over done spin. Why bot bring a pacer for few overs from one end?

They continue to bowl spin. No pacer on from one end. I guess Mash wants India to get some good practice, playing with ease against spin which is bread and butter for them

People think that Indian middle order is a the weakest. Yes, you compare to Indian top 3, which is closest to any ATG top 3. They also forgot that same middle order got India wins in Australia and NZ when top 3 failed. So they are quite wrong in that. This warm up match is ominous signs for other teams. Our top 3 won't fail every time.

This is the only practice match for us thus everyone is getting a bowl even sabbir

Somethings are not meant to be get changed. Story of bangladesh cricket team. Still Minnows after 20 years

IND 279/5 (44.5) CRR: 6.22

Bangladesh opt to bowl

You see all those teams scoring runs fluently, and then you see team like Pakistan and you feel like WHY Pakistan is so far from these teams.

we needed a Tahir like spinner. Don't think Shakib will be too effective here.

Sabbir bowling at the end with many overs still left for Fizz , Shakib and Saifuddin. Mashrafe has decided to treat this like a proper warm up

India looking stronger than before with Rahul clicking and Dhoni in extraordinary form. Though cant deny there was some poor bowling from BD in the middle overs which is really alarming for them, they dont have anyone really pacy apart from maybe Rubel and they dont have any wrist spinner or some unorthodox spinner as well to continue taking wickets in the middle and apply pressure. Mehdi and Shakib need to be more accurate and vary there pace to survive on flat wickets which are going to be in high percentage by the looks of it.

Our bowlers are waiting for the Indian innings to finish. Dhoni and Rahul just hammered everyone.

India looking stronger than before with Rahul clicking and Dhoni in extraordinary form. Though cant deny there was some poor bowling from BD in the middle overs which is really alarming for them, they dont have anyone really pacy apart from maybe Rubel and they dont have any wrist spinner or some unorthodox spinner as well to continue taking wickets in the middle and apply pressure. Mehdi and Shakib need to be more accurate and vary there pace to survive on flat wickets which are going to be in high percentage by the looks of it.

That's why I see no chance of doing well in this WC
Our bowling is toothless and just club level

Brilliant innings from Dhoni. Credit where it is due. May he continue to play like this against better bowling units too.

The form of KL Rahul and MSD will be the key for India's success this Worldcup. Rohit is badly out of form. Somebody needs to step up and take the responsibility. Hopefully KL and MS can continue this.

We are living in era of cricket with steroids - one team scored 421 today, and other one is threatening 360+ from 102-4!!!!

BD bowlers are scared to bowl to MSD. Haven't seen MS batting like this since 2014.

We are living in era of cricket with steroids - one team scored 421 today, and other one is threatening 360+ from 102-4!!!!

Probably nothing to do with poor bowling

Brilliant innings from Dhoni. Credit where it is due. May he continue to play like this against better bowling units too.

The form of KL Rahul and MSD will be the key for India's success this Worldcup. Rohit is badly out of form. Somebody needs to step up and take the responsibility. Hopefully KL and MS can continue this.

Really? One hundred in a warm up game by Dhoni has made you soft bro. Good to see his form matters now. :inti

Practice or not. Some basic bug errors. Over done with spin despite them going for 8+, settled them in, brings in Abu Jayed at the death, who is known as a swing bowler and wasn’t utilised when there was some initial movements. Look in comparison between pace v spin economy. Why mortaza didnt complete his full? Didn’t bowl saif his full.

Yes it’s a practice match. But it sickens me when they keep on bowling spinners from both ends despite them being smashed

One surprising aspect for today's game is that 5 Indian batsmen are out missing balls on stick. I know BD bowlers are trying to restrict free bat swing by attacking sticks, but is it IND is trying to increase scoring % through on side? With 5 in ring these days, most teams try to block boundaries through off side and concede a given single through on side. I think, Indian batsmen tried to enforce the issue through on side. Last game Kiwis also got 3 of top 4 missing balls within sticks.

Back