India [359/7] beat Bangladesh [264] by 95 runs in World Cup 2019 warm-up match

Best medicine for unworthy arrogance is to expose in middle of market - that won't change habit (which is a 2nd nature), but it'll definitely restrain fools next time.

Leave the dirty work to us :butt

You’re a respected poster :imran

It doesn't matter how long who is playing. SRL did that in 20 years, because they were that good at that, Bangladesh isn't ........ but, there are other teams not smashing teams out of sight despite playing longer than Bangladesh, so it's not a monopoly of Bangladesh only.

But, there are not many teams heading towards minnow territory after 70 years of cricket - that's a special class indeed.

nailed it :faf

What happened to Tuskin. He was pretty sharp from what i saw. I think Fiz's novely has worn off. He still can surprise a few teams. But Rubel is BD's own umesh Yadav. Also Shakib should finding the right speed to bowl on these pitches. Not darting everything on the leg stump. They are decent. not mediocre as Mortaza is a canny bowler even with slow speed. Their fielding has to step up really big time as well.

He still has big guns, built like a tank and doesn’t look malnourished like Abu Jayed. I wouldn’t mind seeing him getting smashed compared to Jayed. We are going to get smashed regardless of who bowls, might as well look cool while getting smashed :odoyo

Leave the dirty work to us :butt

You’re a respected poster :imran

:ds Then do it properly :)

I am actually quite happy with today's game - they tried few new things that worked - using Mustafiz as opening bowler, using Sabbir as a Leggi and then rested Tamim to try Liton as opener. Also, bowlers did use the new balls well for a change.

Just not in the mood of accepting someone trolling & mocking after losing a practice game to one of tournament favorites, and for the celebration of the team .... as if I wasn't there after a win in a dead T20 rubber against Junior Dala's SAF!!!!!

This practice match has revealed that how trash our bowling is on flat wickets.

Actually bowling was quite good. Fizz and Rubel bowled at consist 138k+ deliveries, Saifuddin was all right. Jayed was garbage though. Ind were 102/4 at one stage. I doubt in real match we will let Thala and KL score runs for fun from that stage on. With that being said, we also wont have Ind at 102/4 in the real game, nor will Saifudding bowl Kholi out.

It's a practice match, take it for what it is. On a side note, WI just pummeled NZ who has a much superior bowling attack than us. England toyed with Pak bowlers even though Pak also on paper has much superior attack.

I am actually quite happy with today's game - they tried few new things that worked - using Mustafiz as opening bowler, using Sabbir as a Leggi and then rested Tamim to try Liton as opener. Also, bowlers did use the new balls well for a change.

Just not in the mood of accepting someone trolling & mocking after losing a practice game to one of tournament favorites, and for the celebration of the team .... as if I wasn't there after a win in a dead T20 rubber against Junior Dala's SAF!!!!!

All right boss. No more Mr. Nice Guy :holding

Who Would you open with Tamim / Das, Das/ Soumya or Tamim/ Soumya. I want both Soumya & Liton to play all games over hack Mithun

Swap out Mazda Mithun for Lamborgini Liton. Mithun is a decent player, but his 70 odd SR won't do jack on these English pitches. I am also not settled on Saifuddin, and Jayed was pretty useless today trundling in at 126ks.

India bounced back from a disappointing outing in their previous warm-up game with a 95-run victory over Bangladesh in Cardiff.

KL Rahul hit a fluent 108 from No.4, before a destructive MS Dhoni smashed a 78-ball 113, which contained seven sixes. India posted 359/7 on Tuesday, 28 May, in their final outing before the main tournament.

Bangladesh were only able to put up 264 in reply, as Virat Kohli's young spin duo of Kuldeep Yadav (3/47) and Yuzvendra Chahal (3/55) made light of the opposition middle order.

A brilliant 120-run stand stand between Liton Das (73) and Mushfiqur Rahim (90) did offer hope for Bangladesh, but once that partnership was broken, the floodgates opened, with Mashrafe Mortaza's men losing wickets at regular intervals.

Bangladesh asked India to bat and made early inroads to pick up three early wickets. Unperturbed by the mini-collapse, Rahul accumulated splendidly, his century coming from 94 balls: a timely reminder to India selectors that the No.4 spot could well be his come tournament-time.

Dhoni was more brutal in his approach, bludgeoning a straight six out of the stadium to reach three figures from just 73 balls. He and Rahul shared a stand of 164 for the fifth wicket, propelling their side into a position of real authority. India accelerated astutely, eventually crossing 350, thanks in part to a late cameo from Hardik Pandya (21 from 11).

Bangladesh’s reply began solidly, with Das and Soumya Sarkar rotating well to reach 49 with no loss, before two wickets in as many balls from Jasprit Bumrah (2/25) turned the screw. Sarkar (25) was caught behind and Shakib Al Hasan (0) was pinned and bowled by a supreme yorker on his first ball.

Mushfiqur was in excellent touch for his knock of 90 Mushfiqur was in excellent touch for his knock of 90
From thereon, Mushifiqur and Das batted admirably to drag their side back into contention, but India's spinners were brought on to great effect. Chahal broke the partnership with the wicket of Das, and dismissed Mohammad Mithun (0) off the very next delivery before Kuldeep cleaned up the middle order.

Mahmudullah (9), Mosaddek Hossain (0) and Mushfiqur all fell to the left-arm spinner in quick succession.

For Bangladesh, however, the performances of Mushfiqur and Das offered plenty in terms of encouragement for their imminent Cricket World Cup campaign, which begins against South Africa on 2 June.

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/news/en/1227673

All right boss. No more Mr. Nice Guy :holding

Who Would you open with Tamim / Das, Das/ Soumya or Tamim/ Soumya. I want both Soumya & Liton to play all games over hack Mithun

I think, I'll open with Liton, play Soumya at 3, Shakib at 5, Mahmood, Mosaddek, 1 all-rounder at 8 (could be Sabbir as well - did turn the leggi a bit), Mash, Rubel, Mustafiz. Tempting to open with Soumya-Liton, and play Saif as all-rounder, but 4 pacers will be too much for Minnow team :)

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] surprised to see tamim not playing the only warmup game. he does have a good track record in eng if memory serves me well

India looking like the real deal here. The batting in particular is looking very threatening. To restrict India to a gettable score early wickets are required otherwise they'll bat the opposition out of the match.

I think, I'll open with Liton, play Soumya at 3, Shakib at 5, Mahmood, Mosaddek, 1 all-rounder at 8 (could be Sabbir as well - did turn the leggi a bit), Mash, Rubel, Mustafiz. Tempting to open with Soumya-Liton, and play Saif as all-rounder, but 4 pacers will be too much for Minnow team :)

Saif and Miraz both are its and bits players. They both need a boot from ODI team, at least in this WC.

They fall in the category of shall I dare say Faheem Ashraf and Shadab Khan. :))

1. Tamim
2. Shumo
3. Liton
4. Shakib
5. Mushy
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mossadek
8. Sabbir
9. Mashrafe
10. Rubel
11. Fizz

Last edited:

I'll go with 4 pacers, Shakib wouldn't be effective in English conditions. Worst practice match for shakib :yk

Went for 58 runs from his 6 overs and a first ball duck :shakib

Abu Jayed 3 overs 41 and 4 wides, what a BPL superstar

The less talk about Sa team the better it is 😂😂....talk about t20 good luck with icc qulifer for t20 worldcup 2020😄.hopefully bd do qualify.

Ind really did well batting and bowling.

Bd did what they had to do as well considering the Warmup tag. Used the opportunity to sort out things. 9 bowlers bowled between 3-8 overs. Tamim didn't play. This should give mgmt enough to get their 11 right. We should be ready.

But, there are not many teams heading towards minnow territory after 70 years of cricket - that's a special class indeed.

The same cricket team have won 3 icc major tournment what have your team achieved few ice cream cup and one trination in entire 20 year history?

Once the cricket is fully back to pakistan i see alot of skin burning and you will be one of them .

As far minnow is concerned worry about your team Afghanistan have already taken your place in t20 i won't be long they will take your place odis

The same cricket team have won 3 icc major tournment what have your team achieved few ice cream cup and one trination in entire 20 year history?

Once the cricket is fully back to pakistan i see alot of skin burning and you will be one of them .

As far minnow is concerned worry about your team Afghanistan have already taken your place in t20 i won't be long they will take your place odis

This is wishful thinking and you ought to be reminded South Africa still produced world-class players during the Apartheid era, when they were banned not just from home matches, but also in international cricket. They still thrive because they had an excellent structure in place along with a very good standard of domestic cricket.

Pakistan's lack of importance in this regard is the reason why the gulf between them and the top sides continues to grow.

Bangladesh is investing heavily in domestics and in their overall set-up. If things continue the way they are, Bangladesh will become a mid ranked side and Pakistan will head in the same direction as hockey, as minnows of another sport. This is the sad truth.

Last edited:
This is wishful thinking

Whatever you write i am neither interested nor i am seeing it so stop wasting your time by quoting me .

Phela tmen batya to hai tm ignore list pa ho mjh sa hath nikalo aur apne ye bakwas kahen aur discuss karo

Whatever you write i am neither interested nor i am seeing it so stop wasting your time by quoting me .

Phela tmen batya to hai tm ignore list pa ho mjh sa hath nikalo aur apne ye bakwas kahen aur discuss karo

Seems like I hit a nerve, when you got the response you deserved after trying to troll me in re: Imad.

Point taken and the same goes for you, don't try to tag me with your delusional comments on Azhar Ali and Imad.

Last edited:
The less talk about Sa team the better it is 😂😂....talk about t20 good luck with icc qulifer for t20 worldcup 2020😄.hopefully bd do qualify.

Yes, we should talk as less as possible about SAF - memory is still fresh, just after few months.

Regarding T20 WC, thanks for the good wishes. I sincerely hope that we don’t qualify - and I am serious, FGS. There is a burning example in front of us - what show jumping on T20 field does to a cricket nation. We have BPL for the purpose and I am ready to suffer few days trolling here at PP for the sake of missing that royal thing.

Thanks again though.

Since, Pakistan cannot win games even against minnow now, the only thing that brings joy to Pakistani fans is the defeat of other teams.

Won’t say anything about first part - it hurting somewhere - bitey huye din ke yaad bari maius hota hai.

For cricket retiring in PAK, I hope so it happens soon, we all hope so. But remember, you have a post of mine to respond - which comes earlier - one team travelling PAK for a full series or Bangladesh travelling to Australia.

Afghans can definitely overtake us .... that’ll only push some other team even lower .... after 70 years ....... think twice before what you wish for.

Since, Pakistan cannot win games even against minnow now, the only thing that brings joy to Pakistani fans is the defeat of other teams.

Nothing wrong in that - one of my earliest “prediction” was that if things go like this AFGs will replace IND as PAK’s neighbouring rival and BD will replace as emotional rival. Yea to srif suruwat hai.... today was a great day for few - IND - BD game... they can rejoice at whoever loses..... like the last Asia Cup Final. Otherwise, people should have bothered more about Friday next, instead of a warm-up game thread.

Won’t say anything about first part - it hurting somewhere - bitey huye din ke yaad bari maius hota hai.

For cricket retiring in PAK, I hope so it happens soon, we all hope so. But remember, you have a post of mine to respond - which comes earlier - one team travelling PAK for a full series or Bangladesh travelling to Australia.

Afghans can definitely overtake us .... that’ll only push some other team even lower .... after 70 years ....... think twice before what you wish for.

Minnows don't win International trophies.

The exact same team won the champions trophy.

Come back when you have won something of note. Same goes to Afghanistan.

I see quite a few post saying "it is just a warmup match"why double standard for pakistan loss when it was also warmup against Afghanistan. Afghanistan are yet to beat Pakistan in any format "officially" and on the contrary they do have very good record against bd not only in t20 but in odis 4-5 to be precise .Not sure about over taking pak but logically they do are threatening bd for his place in odis .So yeah i thought twice what i am wishing and single warmup is not gauge to judge them overtaking Pakistan

Nothing wrong in that - one of my earliest “prediction” was that if things go like this AFGs will replace IND as PAK’s neighbouring rival and BD will replace as emotional rival. Yea to srif suruwat hai.... today was a great day for few - IND - BD game... they can rejoice at whoever loses..... like the last Asia Cup Final. Otherwise, people should have bothered more about Friday next, instead of a warm-up game thread.

Common it is Ramadan you cannot blatantly lie with straight face .There was no such a big traffic from special Pakistan fans in this thread apart from 2 or 3 .You could have easily avoided him or insulting Pakistan team but then again it is not what you used to be.

Back