India [359/7] beat Bangladesh [264] by 95 runs in World Cup 2019 warm-up match

Really? One hundred in a warm up game by Dhoni has made you soft bro. Good to see his form matters now. :inti

I am a huge critic of MSD. But when it comes to India playing international matches, I will support MSD. I don't hope for MSD to fail as that will hurt India's chances.

The important thing is, if MS and KL are in form, the openers can also play with a lot more freedom. Such is the importance of KL and MSD's form to Team India.

Abu Jayed and Mehedy Hasan are useless, should be kicked out. We don’t have the bowlers for English conditions, every team will score 400+ against us.

As expected Abu Jayed Rahi has only one talent - swing the new ball both ways. He has no control and no tricks up his sleeve. He will get slaughtered

Practice or not. Some basic bug errors. Over done with spin despite them going for 8+, settled them in, brings in Abu Jayed at the death, who is known as a swing bowler and wasn’t utilised when there was some initial movements. Look in comparison between pace v spin economy. Why mortaza didnt complete his full? Didn’t bowl saif his full.

Yes it’s a practice match. But it sickens me when they keep on bowling spinners from both ends despite them being smashed

Relax - they used 9 bowlers. Only dilemma in bowling is weather to pick Rubel or Mustafiz or both (leaving one of Miraz/Saif out) - so they get 8 overs each and Mustafiz got the new ball. MSD is one of the best ever spin demolisher - if you are to try part-timers, it should be against him in warm-up games.

Best Asian team playing against the 2nd best team from Asia, I expected some fireworks. Heartwarming to see Dhoni playing like vintage Dhoni even if it's just a practice match.

Pathetic captaincy from 25+ overs took them to this total. Spinners were useless, but kept bowling them. Pacers did well to keep it tight and economically early on. Looked like it would be under 300 once but gone ver 350!

Practice or not. Some basic bug errors. Over done with spin despite them going for 8+, settled them in, brings in Abu Jayed at the death, who is known as a swing bowler and wasn’t utilised when there was some initial movements. Look in comparison between pace v spin economy. Why mortaza didnt complete his full? Didn’t bowl saif his full.

Yes it’s a practice match. But it sickens me when they keep on bowling spinners from both ends despite them being smashed

I started watching from the 35th over, Mortaza wasn’t on the field. I think Shakib was captaining, I actually wanted a big score as we will need to chase down 350+ in the real matches. Be positive bro, India has scored enough for a Soumya Double Ton

Bad day for his haters and people who even went on to abuse his family. :inti

They went into hiding. A tight slap to all those jokers who said he's there in the top only to do stylish and fancy stumpings. I understand BD bowlers were not up to the mark, but the so-called World class openers couldn't do jack against such bowlers too.

Probably nothing to do with poor bowling

A bit scared to talk about bowling "quality" in a Pakistani forum, but one of the bowling side is tundler brigade, but the other one that conceded 421, actually got IND all-out for 180 few days back .... and got another International side 15/6 in 15 overs about a year back. May be, more than poor bowling it's the per for the match score that has been inflated artificially .....

Honestly seemed like there was no intent on winning the game. There was no real smart moves, just giving everyone a go. We bowled 9 bowlers today. I would not worry too much.

Also, it is important to see how we approach a chase like this. We need to learn how to chase anything close to 350 so in the grander scheme of things it would help us. I would like to see a positive chase. Would not want to lose quick wickets though.

They went into hiding. A tight slap to all those jokers who said he's there in the top only to do stylish and fancy stumpings. I understand BD bowlers were not up to the mark, but the so-called World class openers couldn't do jack against such bowlers too.

He played well but still not fully convinced that he CAN DO IT AGAinst good bowling sides.

He played well but still not fully convinced that he CAN DO IT AGAinst good bowling sides.

Can ROHITS and DHAWANS hold the bat at least until the Powerplay completes? If they get out cheaply and early like tailenders, you can't expect fireworks from the middle order from the word go.

Can ROHITS and DHAWANS hold the bat at least until the Powerplay completes? If they get out cheaply and early like tailenders, you can't expect fireworks from the middle order from the word go.

Are you really going after our openers?

MSD is a real champion and fighter. I was disappointed too a few months ago, but have started believing in him after Aus series...

The ball was moving in initial overs and as we all know our so called great openers are duds against even the slightest of swing or seam.

Good that every batsman got opportunity to bat in both the matches.
Rahul looks set for number four.
Rohit is out of form.
Kohli is good but not in his best.
Dhawan is Dhawan.
Dhoni needs a good platform to play freely.
Hardik is very good in the last overs.
Shankar is garbage.
Kartik will most probably not play.

Honestly seemed like there was no intent on winning the game. There was no real smart moves, just giving everyone a go. We bowled 9 bowlers today. I would not worry too much.

Also, it is important to see how we approach a chase like this. We need to learn how to chase anything close to 350 so in the grander scheme of things it would help us. I would like to see a positive chase. Would not want to lose quick wickets though.

Enjoy the game - 9 batsmen will bat today and Liton, Soumya will open. I hope they send Sabbir at 3 & Mosaddek at 4.

Maybe BD want high score for good trst of their batsmen, which wasn’t given in the tri series

Liton is the next Ashraful, averaging 21. Brother Liton and Soumya opening :sachin

I find it funny

Indian opening bowler: Mohammad Shami :amla

Bangladesh Openers: Liton & Soumya :sachin

I do not like Mehidy Hasan the ODI player. Idk why, but just don’t get a good vibe about him nor is he needed atm. Mosadekk is a miles better batsmen and can give some cheap overs. So what’s the need of Miraz? Mahmudullah more than handy with the ball, on a good game bowls his full well.

My XI for BD going into the game against England would be:

Tamim
Soumya
Shakib
Mushfiqur
Litton
Mahmudullah
Mossadekk
Sabbir
Mashrafe
Rubel
Mustafizur

With above you got 40 overs from the main 4 bowlers, Mossadekk and Mahmudullah combined can give 4-6 if needed, if one or two of other main bowlers going for big runs, Soumya also can bowl few tidy overs.

Unless you want another pace bowling option, then take Sabbir out And add Saif in.

Liton is the next Ashraful, averaging 21. Brother Liton and Soumya opening :sachin

I find it funny

Indian opening bowler: Mohammad Shami :amla

Bangladesh Openers: Liton & Soumya :sachin

I will be fervently praying for brother s Sowmya and liton when they open against Pak and hope they smash their bowler s to pieces. :)

I will be fervently praying for brother s Sowmya and liton when they open against Pak and hope they smash their bowler s to pieces. :)

Thanks for your support brother Nikhil. Hope brothers get good practice today, Pakistan will be our last match. Hope Soumya scores a double ton against them

Last edited:
Good start for BD. If India lose this it will severely kill their confidence.

My brother is saying Liton and Soumya are supporting India from the heart, just a light heart comment. Don’t get all hatin on me yo :odoyo

Soumya Sarkar is talented,Sabbir rahman is another guy who has a lot of potential but lacks temperament.

Its funny people here are calling out openers. The same openers who hit hundreds for fun and where the main reasons to win ous overseas ODIs when middle order was failing them. One or two failures and people are all over them.

Bangladesh are unlikely to chase this down.

Not sure what Dhoni had for breakfast today.

He always performs against BD, he has a special kind of love for them. Can't forget his no-celebration run out in the last T20 WC against BD(or was it some other tourney?)

Don't know much about Bangladeshi players but Indians such as Rohit Sharma, MS Dhoni, Kuldeep Yadav, Chahal, Shami etc are no where near the fitness of Fakhar, Shadab, Imam, Babar, Hasan. Don't try to be an expert.

lol MSD is one of the fittest cricketer around the world..

BD gave Ind false hopes with MS D hitting the ton. LOL. If he scores a ton at the WC with under 70 balls faced, I’ll ask to get perm banned from here. It counts for nothing. Come the real stage Dhoni will go back to his slow ways.

BD gave Ind false hopes with MS D hitting the ton. LOL. If he scores a ton at the WC with under 70 balls faced, I’ll ask to get perm banned from here. It counts for nothing. Come the real stage Dhoni will go back to his slow ways.

What hopes? Dhoni is going to be in the XI no matter what. Whatever he scores is a bonus. His role is to stop collapse and organize small chases. Don't expect much from him.

Tamim should have opened, Liton won’t even be picked against Proteafire

Tamim will go for a duck against Lungi

Bangladesh’s bowling is a real concern, if Dhoni scores a 70 ball century, Imagine what Butler will do 70 ball 200 :lara

I am worried man

WIN is scaring someone else today .... apart from Kiwis - after 421, Kiwis are now 35/3 after 10.....

I don't think we have the belief to chase 350+ but we have potential which has never been explored

Brother Liton played some Asharafulesque shots

He is the best timer in the team, at per with Tamim & his current partner, but his placement is horrible. That's why he is like a Mark Waugh in lower level cricket, but averages 20ish in ODI.

BD has a solid batting line up. I mean they won't collapse unless bowling is really good. They can hold their fort

Holy crap. WI battering NZ by scoring 420 and then reducing them to 42 for 3...but few other teams must be getting jellly legs.

He is the best timer in the team, at per with Tamim & his current partner, but his placement is horrible. That's why he is like a Mark Waugh in lower level cricket, but averages 20ish in ODI.

His brain fade moment came, just bounced short of Chahal and got the Indian commie excited :yk

He’s gonna be out anytime now

I don't think we have the belief to chase 350+ but we have potential which has never been explored

The body achieves what the mind believes it can achieve.

Even if BD get to 320 ..330 in this chase....May not win this one.... but psychological victory can be achieved ...as many other teams taking a win against BD guaranteed will get jittery and have self doubts in that case.

BD has a solid batting line up. I mean they won't collapse unless bowling is really good. They can hold their fort

But we don't have the habit of scoring big which also has to do with -
1) home conditions
2) good bowling
3) weaker oppositions

Our batting would be among the best batting lineups for conditions like UAE but chasing over 320 in any condition is difficult.

This is a good bowling attack. If BD can get to 300 they woudl have done a good job. If they win it is even better.

Wow! Wow! Wow! Bumrah! That delivery is right up there in one of the most amazing yorkers bowled in World cricket! Take a bow sir!

That was a near pefect ball to receive upfront. Can't blame Shakib. It was just an unexpected peach out of nowhere.

Indians do their home work brilliantly - Shakib has a tendency to york himself at the start of innings, which Malinga exploited in Asia Cup, Bumrah executed that perfectly again.

But we don't have the habit of scoring big which also has to do with -
1) home conditions
2) good bowling
3) weaker oppositions

Our batting would be among the best batting lineups for conditions like UAE but chasing over 320 in any condition is difficult.

Lack of big hitters. Yes BD is not a 350 plus team even in this era. Even India is not a 350 plus team these days. They have to make up for it in their bowling.

Experiment with Shakib at 3 won't work. We can't bat with 1-2-3 left-hander, and today Kohli kept Bumrah for one more over just for that left-hander on strike. Ideally Shakib should bat at 5 and Tamim at 3 with Soumya, Liton opening.

Experiment with Shakib at 3 won't work. We can't bat with 1-2-3 left-hander, and today Kohli kept Bumrah for one more over just for that left-hander on strike. Ideally Shakib should bat at 5 and Tamim at 3 with Soumya, Liton opening.

No matter what but tamim should open the inning

Giving Bumrah that extra over was great captaincy by Kohli

Shakib shouldn’t come 1st down, Starc, Rabada, Bumrah, Wood will have him before Lunch :inzi

To be frank...Shakib got out to gem of delivery....nine out of 10 times ...no batter would have survived that delivery.

Tamim is quite settled opening the innings, I wouldn’t experiment Tamim at 3 that too during the World Cup. We could have tried a year ago and experimented.

I’ll open with Tamim and Liton, Soumya at 3, Mushy 4 and Shakib at 5

B kumar first 6 over are always top notch i don't know what happen to him in death over .He is valuable asset for india in these dead pitches due to his accuracy

Lack of big hitters. Yes BD is not a 350 plus team even in this era. Even India is not a 350 plus team these days. They have to make up for it in their bowling.

The more I follow BD the more I notice that Bangladesh follows the Indian model in recent times except Bangladesh more reliant on middle order.

The thing with both teams is focusing too much on batsmen who can bat long. Hardly any intent to bat faster than you are supposed to. No buttler Russell type players.

Tbh like I said the conditions and bowling attack of Bangladesh means team don't score big against us. Same applies for India. If india conceded more runs you'd see batsmen having to score big. Judging by NZ WI match it seems like explosive batting is the need of the hour

To be frank...Shakib got out to gem of delivery....nine out of 10 times ...no batter would have survived that delivery.

My point wasn't about him being out on fast ball - that ball deserves a wicket. But the order with 3 lefti, then 5 right handers, is't balanced.

The more I follow BD the more I notice that Bangladesh follows the Indian model in recent times except Bangladesh more reliant on middle order.

The thing with both teams is focusing too much on batsmen who can bat long. Hardly any intent to bat faster than you are supposed to. No buttler Russell type players.

Tbh like I said the conditions and bowling attack of Bangladesh means team don't score big against us. Same applies for India. If india conceded more runs you'd see batsmen having to score big. Judging by NZ WI match it seems like explosive batting is the need of the hour

BD has better depth though . So batsman upfront can take their chances.

Atleast we will score more than 84 in this warm up, last warm up Team India got us all out for 84 or less

I've never been a fan of shakib at 3

He isn't someone who is top against swing and the yorkers. Also this creates an issue of 3 leftie in top 3 and none afterwards. He will score runs at 5. Rotates the strike well. He hasn't done poorly at 3. Just that against good teams I would rather have him at 5 and maybe Litton at 3

Back