India (89/2) defeat Scotland (85) by 8 wickets in the ICC T20 World Cup

I think Afghans are probably eliminated even if they win. It is either NZ or India.

If Afghans win, India should surpass them in NRR (either today or against Namibia).

If NZ win, NZ go through.

India play last game , so they will know what they need to do exactly

India finishing above Afghanistan tonight won't mean anything (maybe two nights of ego boost).

Afghanistan have to beat New Zealand. If that doesn't happen, nothing will matter.

And if that happens, India will know what to do against Namibia, they play the last match.

This group reminds me of 2019 World Cup qualifier.

Zimbabwe needed one victory to eliminate Afghanistan and go to the World Cup. But, they failed to do that. They even lost against UAE (a win against UAE would've knocked Afghanistan out and Zimbabwe would've been through).

India bowlers wreak havoc to dismiss Scotland for 85 - Now over to Indian batsmen to try and give them a remote chance of making it to the Semi-finals

8.5 overs to go past New Zealand NRR

7.1 overs to go past Afghanistan NRR

#T20WorldCup #INDvSCO

Scottish batsmen don’t know how to even hold the bat. I sunk back into my sofa and face palmed at shots which are played better at under 19 level

There we go India start , and would look to go after the bowling from word go.

I think India should chase this within 10 overs.

7.1 overs should be difficult.

Watt is very good bowler ,his ball is swinging which is rare for spinners

You don't think Afghanistan can beat New Zealand?

NZ vs Afg is in Abu Dhabi which are batting friendly wickets compared to more spin friendly in Dubai and Sharjah so I don't think NZ will loose. NZ of the past used to loose under pressure this NZ team under Kane Williamson I think should win it.

I am in stadium and it is hillarious, Indians are celebrating and dancing like as if they are beating mighty Don Bradman’s invicible Aussies of 1948. With Chants of Chadra Gupt Maurya all over stadium.

Kiwis did not tour Pakistan which was not good but Bhoy let’s hope Kane Williamson silence 1.4 billion people on Sunday afternoon.

India - 39/0 after 3 overs (target: 86).

India need 47 runs in 24 balls to surpass Afghanistan's NRR.

India need 47 runs in 34 balls to surpass New Zealand's NRR.

Last edited:
Wow. What a comeback by India in this tournament. Hopes of India vs Pakistan are still alive. :inti

Hahaha comeback? Seriously?? After the thrashing from Pak and Nz this is the least they owe their fans.. Beating afg n Scots not really a comeback if you ask me..

Hahaha comeback? Seriously?? After the thrashing from Pak and Nz this is the least they owe their fans.. Beating afg n Scots not really a comeback if you ask me..

I think India will have a better NRR after this match. It all depends on NZ vs Afghanistan but India is doing their part by improving their net run rate. Still an outside chance for us. :inti

India - 53/0 after 4 overs (target: 86).

India need 33 runs from 19 balls to surpass Afghanistan's NRR.

India need 33 runs from 29 balls to surpass New Zealand's NRR.

india cementing their status as minnow bashers, Rahul replicating his ipl form finally against z list bowlers :))

India - 65/0 after 4.3 overs (target: 86).

India need 21 runs from 16 balls to surpass Afghanistan's NRR.

India need 21 runs from 26 balls to surpass New Zealand's NRR.

India - 70/1 after 5 overs (target: 86).

India need 16 runs from 13 balls to surpass Afghanistan's NRR.

India need 16 runs from 23 balls to surpass New Zealand's NRR.

india cementing their status as minnow bashers, Rahul replicating his ipl form finally against z list bowlers :))
We have pretty good record we have been thrashing minnow for past 13 year.Intrestingly their fans are so scared that they do not want minnow basher to give them their share of pasting so are crying everywhee.

India should qualify now if Afghans win. They should be way ahead in terms of NRR.

We have pretty good record we have been thrashing minnow for past 13 year.Intrestingly their fans are so scared that they do not want minnow basher to give them their share of pasting so are crying everywhee.

No issue leyloo tissue :)) :))

With the openers gone, let the tuk tuk begin

Damn Rahul also gone .just need 4 runs .btw why Virat came ? Why not Pandya or Pant.

Rahul is gone.

India - 82/2 after 6 overs (target: 86).

India need 4 runs from 7 balls to surpass Afghanistan's NRR.

India need 4 runs from 17 balls to surpass New Zealand's NRR.

Highest Powerplay totals for India in T20Is

82/2 v Sco Dubai 2021
78/2 v SA Joburg 2018
77/1 v SL Nagpur 2009
76/1 v NZ Joburg 2007

Fastest 50s in T20 World Cups (balls)

12 Yuvraj Singh v Eng Durban 2007
17 Stephan Myburgh v Ire Sylhet 2014
18 Glenn Maxwell v Pak Mirpur 2014
18 KL Rahul v Sco Dubai 2021

Something very strange, how is it possible for india to beat Scotland !!!
An impossible victory against mighty AFG and now this.
How much money spent by BCCI to purchase this victories, pakpassion is going to explode with proofs of match fixing

All over.

India surpass both New Zealand and Afghanistan in terms of NRR.

India win by 8 wickets.

If india had not won vs Afghanistan they might have had to qualify for t20 wc in Australia next year

Something very strange, how is it possible for india to beat Scotland !!!
An impossible victory against mighty AFG and now this.
How much money spent by BCCI to purchase this victories, pakpassion is going to explode with proofs of match fixing

So we agree NZ will thrash Afg and india is now out of the World Cup right ?

Afghanistan has a great chance to beat New Zealand. New Zealand does not perform good in pressure.

The NRR battle after India's big win:

India: +1.619
Afghanistan: +1.481
New Zealand: +1.277

What was Indias NRR after their 2 defeats before the Afghanistan game.

Last edited:
Match is fix.
*Scotland player was planning to give virat kohli birthday party
*Scotland bowlers was bowling at slot
*Muithiah Muralidhar watt was held for so long he would have taken hattrick
*Scotland world beating fastbowlers were bowling pies
*They wanted ipl contract

So Afghanistan are out unless they win big against NZ which is unlikely. The India game messed up their chances

So Afghanistan are out unless they win big against NZ which is unlikely. The India game messed up their chances

Pretty much.

If they lose, they are out. If they win, they are probably out too (India should have a better NRR).

India is out and Afghanistan is out . No way a pressured team like Afghanistan will win vs NZ . I mean look wt how they played vs india there is ZERO chance that NZ loses.

Back