India reach 233/6 at Stumps on Day 1 of 1st Test against Australia

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION], I guess going by some of the early morning logics, we should have looked to bat a little faster and declare at 160 by dinner :yk.

I am sure we we would have gotten them five down by now.

Last edited:
Why have Australia not started their home series on their banker fortress the GABBA, hope in the next ashes series down under the Australian cricket board are similarly generous in the scheduling for the England team.

Whenever Pujara steps outside India, he bats like he's playing in a timeless game of test cricket.

I don't rate him outside Asia.

Whenever Pujara steps outside India, he bats like he's playing in a timeless game of test cricket.

Pujara and Rahane are from the classic test match mould. Kohli, like Smith, can change gears as per needs. Thank god for some countries, India, Australia, and to some extent England, still keeping the test match flames alive when others have totally surrendered to the lure of circus cricket.

Apart from 1 great series in Aus....he hasn't done too much in SENA

Excellent patience and resilience on display, hope we don't lose anymore wks today.

Rahane will be the highest scorer of this series from Indian side.
That's what Kohli predicted during chat with Steve Smith.

Lets see..

Kohli committed himself too much on that occasion.

Kohli getting run out in Test Cricket

vs Australia at Adelaide (2012)
vs Australia at Adelaide (Today)*

That's a double ton opportunity missed for Kohli.

Really not much in the surface - and folks like Kohli & Smith, once they settle down, will be rather difficult to get rid of here.

Great opportunity now for the kangaroos to get Ind out for below 300.

That was the only way they were getting him out today.
Looked in total control.
Kohli must be fuming.

Missing 100's, Kohli missed in last T20 and now in this test.
Good bye 2020
:salute

Rahane had almost run himself out earlier. Don't know what's the deal.

Australia need one more wicket to bundle India out for less than 300. If they do that, they'll be in command.

Rahane messed up really badly, Kohli was looking in classy form.

Indian bowlers will have to be very disciplined with their line-lengths. Ashwin will have to control the run-rate as well.

Here we go, new ball time! Starc to get first crack with about 40 minutes remaining

And wastes a review on the way out.

Nothing less than a series win as captain can salvage this.

Rahane has been a mental midget for long now. I shudder at him leading us in next 3 tests.

Does anybody know what are Mitchell Starc stats outside pink ball test? I think he averages 19 in pink ball test matches, heard it somewhere, not sure though.

Does anybody know what are Mitchell Starc stats outside pink ball test? I think he averages 19 in pink ball test matches, heard it somewhere, not sure though.

Overall average is 26.5ish, so I would assume it's around 28 or so outside pink ball tests

He averages 36 in day tests, Pudge was telling this.

Never been so furious as I got today when Rahane got Kohli run out. He single handedly lost the game for India.

Ajinkya Rahane has almost single handedly torpedoed this innings from such a position of strength.

Just before the new pink ball under lights was due, he runs Kohli out and then gets out himself. 2 new batsmen at the crease at the worst possible time to bat in a D/N Test match, and now the collapse has begun.

Could have easily crossed 300, now we'll struggle to cross 225.

Is this no name Hanuma Vihari the best #6 we can find in all of India? Come on.

Now all we need is Saha to be dismissed cheaply to show what these shocking selections of Shaw and Saha have done to this team.

Is this no name Hanuma Vihari the best #6 we can find in all of India? Come on.
Apparently Kohli rates him quite highly. But we all know how clueless selector he is.

Next game, Gill, Pant needs to come to the side. Pant can open with Miyank and Gill can take Kohli's spot.

Shaw is done, so is Vihari

India paying the penalty for negative batting as if it were a red ball Test.

Apart from possibly being 240 all out, now they will have to use the new pink ball in daylight.

Somebody tell Ashwin there are only 5 overs left.

Vihari you .......................
God can't stand him.

Anyway instead of him, We should pick Rahul in middle order and Gill up top. Rohit coming back can play at 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vihari you .......................
God can't stand him.

Anyway instead of him, We should pick Rahul in middle order and Gill up top. Rohit coming back can play at 6.

IPL hacks should be nowhere near the test team. Drop Vihari for sure, but get somebody with Ranji pedigree in instead.

Whatever happened to Karun Nair??

Last edited by a moderator:
Eagerly waiting to see someone to fail, so that they can bash some other person and celebrate.
Beggers belief!
Get well soon.

Last edited:
Back