India to be called ‘Bharat’ soon?

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan shared a screenshot of the President's invite for G20 dinner which bore the name ‘Republic of Bharat’

PZuVRwY.png

Is our country ‘INDIA’ going to be renamed ‘Bharat’? The buzz around a possible name change by the Narendra Modi government has grown louder after a viral picture of a G20 dinner invite sent by Rashtrapati Bhawan was signed in the name of ‘President of Bharat’ instead of the convention ‘President of India’.

The opposition parties including Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party have cried foul over the invite. The grand old party has even gone on to accuse the ruling dispensation of trying to distort history out of fear of the newly formed I.N.D.I.A alliance.

The controversy over the G20 dinner invite comes ahead of the special session of parliament, that has already triggered immense speculations as to what will be on agenda.

Several Congress leaders including Jairam Ramesh, KC Venugopal, Manish Tewari and Shashi Tharoor took to social media platform X (formerly Twitter), questioning the Modi government over a rumoured name change of the country.

“So the news is indeed true. Rashtrapati Bhawan has sent out an invite for a G20 dinner on Sept 9th in the name of 'President of Bharat' instead of the usual 'President of India'. Now, Article 1 in the Constitution can read: “Bharat, that was India, shall be a Union of States. But now even this “Union of States” is under assault”, Congress general secretary in-charge (communications) Jairam Ramesh posted.

Ramesh's party colleague and AICC general secretary KC Venugopal too attacked the BJP. “The BJP's destructive mind can only think of how to divide people. Once again, they are creating a rift between Indians and Bharatiyas. Let's be clear - we are the same! As Article 1 says - India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States. This is petty politics because they are scared of INDIA. Try what you will, Modi ji. Judega Bharat, Jeetega INDIA!”

Congress MP Shashi Tharoor suggested using both ‘India’ and ‘Bharat’. “While there is no constitutional objection to calling India “Bharat”, which is one of the country’s two official names, I hope the government will not be so foolish as to completely dispense with “India”, which has incalculable brand value built up over centuries. We should continue to use both words rather than relinquish our claim to a name redolent of history, a name that is recognised around the world”, he posted on X.

Unfazed by the criticism, the Bharatiya Janata Party hit out at the constituents of the I.N.D.I.A alliance, accusing them of hating the word ‘Bharat’.

Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan shared the invite by the President bearing ‘Republic of Bharat’ on his X handle.

Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in a post on X called the move a bold step towards ‘Amrit Kaal’.

“REPUBLIC OF BHARAT - happy and proud that our civilisation is marching ahead boldly towards AMRIT KAAL", he said.

“Now my apprehension has proven to be true. The Congress party seems to have a strong aversion towards Bharat. It appears that the name 'I.N.D.I alliance' was intentionally chosen with the aim of defeating BHARAT”, Sarma added.

What does Constitution of India say?

The opposition parties have cited Article 1 of the Constitution to support their arguments on ‘Bharat’ vs ‘India’ row. Here's what the article states:-

"(1) India, that is Bharat, shall be a Union of States.

(2) The States and the territories thereof shall be as specified in the First Schedule.

(3) The territory of India shall comprise —

(a) the territories of the States;

(b) the Union territories specified in the First Schedule; and

(c) such other territories as may be acquire".

HindustanTimes

So people from India will be known as Bharatees?

So people from India will be known as Bharatees?
We already call us Bharatiyas/Bharatwasi. This is just making it official I suppose. Even on our beloved Indian passport.. it is Republic of India in English and Bharatiya Ganrajya in Devnagari. I am not able to understand what's the fuss?

It will never happen. The name of India may have been bestowed on the nation (possibly by us British?) but it has taken root in the hearts of the people and they wouldn't accept Bharat as a replacement now.

The G20 Summit will be held in New Delhi from September 9 to 10 under India's presidency and several heads of state from across the world, including US President Joe Biden, are attending the event.

No One Has Right To Change Country's Name: Sharad Pawar On 'Bharat' Invite
NCP chief Sharad Pawar today said no one has the right to change the country's name. (File)

Jalgaon, Maharashtra: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) president Sharad Pawar today said no one has the right to change the country's name, after the Congress claimed that a G20 dinner invite refers to the President as "President of Bharat".
Sharad Pawar said there will be deliberation on the issue in a meeting convened on Wednesday by Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge with chiefs of the parties which are part of the INDIA alliance, an opposition bloc of 28 parties aiming to take on the BJP-led Centre in next year's general elections.

"I don't understand why the ruling party is perturbed over a name related to the country," the NCP chief told reporters at a press conference in Maharashtra's Jalgaon district.

Asked whether the name of India will be changed in the Constitution, Sharad Pawar said, "I don't have any information on it."

Mr Pawar said Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge has called a meeting of all party heads of the INDIA alliance on Wednesday.

"There will be deliberation on this in the meeting, but no one has the right to change the name (of the country). No one can change the name," the NCP chief said.

The Congress on Tuesday alleged that the "Union of States" is under assault by the Modi government as it claimed that a G20 dinner invite refers to the President as "President of Bharat".

The G20 Summit will be held in New Delhi from September 9 to 10 under India's presidency and several heads of state from across the world, including US President Joe Biden, are attending the event

So the opposition calls itself India and hence the govt drops the country name itself. Nice!

We always called our parosis Bharatee, thts the name commonly used (or Hindustan). I think they should go for it and shed the old British term coined for them. It makes so much sense for them.

Maybe even "Hind" or "Hindustan" would be fine. They will be one of the "stans" if they went with Hindustan.

It will never happen. The name of India may have been bestowed on the nation (possibly by us British?) but it has taken root in the hearts of the people and they wouldn't accept Bharat as a replacement now.
Greek Ἰνδία (Indía), via Latin India. Iindía in Byzantine ethnography denotes the region beyond the Indus (Ἰνδός) River, since Herodotus alluded to "Indian land". Ἰνδός, Indos, "an Indian", from Avestan Hinduš refers to Sindh

We always called our parosis Bharatee, thts the name commonly used (or Hindustan). I think they should go for it and shed the old British term coined for them. It makes so much sense for them.

Maybe even "Hind" or "Hindustan" would be fine. They will be one of the "stans" if they went with Hindustan.
I would agree with this, but if we can put aside the British connection to India, it's almost become a brand now, I just can't see younger more modern Indians choosing their mother tongue name over that bestowed on them.

I know they changed Bombay to Mumbai, and Calcutta to Kolkata, but those are less of a jolt, I think the name India has become part of the populations psyche, British bestowed or not.

Careful what you wish for, BJP. Pakistan has long been waiting to adopt that name 'India'

Careful what you wish for, BJP. Pakistan has long been waiting to adopt that name 'India'

Not going to lie, not a fan at all of the name Pakistan. It's absolutely meaningless and of course the abbreviation has become synonomous with a term of abuse.

I would agree with this, but if we can put aside the British connection to India, it's almost become a brand now, I just can't see younger more modern Indians choosing their mother tongue name over that bestowed on them.

I know they changed Bombay to Mumbai, and Calcutta to Kolkata, but those are less of a jolt, I think the name India has become part of the populations psyche, British bestowed or not.
Do we?

I think they have a good enough identity of their own, most of them speak either their native tongue or English. In the south, nobody speaks Hindi, mostly their own dravidian language or english.

Now look at us. We are the same, except we have fallen out of touch with our native language, at least in punjab. the elite children hate to speak it because it makes them paindoo. Thats the truth of it.

Do we?

I think they have a good enough identity of their own, most of them speak either their native tongue or English. In the south, nobody speaks Hindi, mostly their own dravidian language or english.

Now look at us. We are the same, except we have fallen out of touch with our native language, at least in punjab. the elite children hate to speak it because it makes them paindoo. Thats the truth of it.

I don't know about Punjab, my family there still speak in Punjabi, but I've seen the trend in the UK of parents speaking to their kids in Urdu which sounds both fake and cringe-inducing.

I don't know about Punjab, my family there still speak in Punjabi, but I've seen the trend in the UK of parents speaking to their kids in Urdu which sounds both fake and cringe-inducing.
most middle class/upper class families in pakistan from the 80s onwards have done the same because they feel punjabi is a backwards language and because children will struggle in schools if they used punjabi as the main language because the mode of education in schools was mostly urdu, nowa days its both urdu and english, of course.

so you mgiht call it cringe worthy but there is a solid reason behind it, but it also means we are losing touch with our original identity. we have turned our native language in Punjab into a language used only by the lower working class or uneducated people. it is such shame.

thats is why i think we should not be pointing fingers at others. All power to the neighbors. get rid of the old colonial names and go with your original identity. You will have a lot more respect from people like me who know history and value connection to your roots.

most middle class/upper class families in pakistan from the 80s onwards have done the same because they feel punjabi is a backwards language and because children will struggle in schools if they used punjabi as the main language because the mode of education in schools was mostly urdu, nowa days its both urdu and english, of course.

so you mgiht call it cringe worthy but there is a solid reason behind it, but it also means we are losing touch with our original identity. we have turned our native language in Punjab into a language used only by the lower working class or uneducated people. it is such shame.

thats is why i think we should not be pointing fingers at others. All power to the neighbors. get rid of the old colonial names and go with your original identity. You will have a lot more respect from people like me who know history and value connection to your roots.

I would hold off giving the neighbours too much credit just yet, I already said I don't see their population as a whole adopting Bharat over India. If you saw the videos posted here of Bollywood Wives they were speaking wholely in English so there's a clue.

Highly doubt it, Indians love attempting to be like westerners. Its hard enough to understand Indian accents, this would only cause further problems.

Acc to Wiki, which is never fully accurate... Indias orginal name is Bhārata Gaṇarājya. Imagine Prince Charles or Joe Biden trying to pronounce this?

sanghis are funny. So tomorrow if opposition alliance changes it's name to Bharat, they'll rename Bharat again! Right!

Well done. That's what India needs, the name changes. All our other problems have been resolved by the regime.

Highly doubt it, Indians love attempting to be like westerners. Its hard enough to understand Indian accents, this would only cause further problems.

Acc to Wiki, which is never fully accurate... Indias orginal name is Bhārata Gaṇarājya. Imagine Prince Charles or Joe Biden trying to pronounce this?
Ganarajya means Republic. Thats just part of the official name, just like Islamic republic of Pakistan. They wouldn’t ever need to say Ganarajya, Bharat is fine and easy to pronounce.

hindustan and india are technically the same no, i mean the term hindu is just a variant of indian, i.e. the people beyond the indus.

have no problem with india wanting to rename themselves, although dont understand how Pakistan intend to use the term india, maybe describe the land east of the indus as india, but dont see what that gains for pakistan.

hindustan and india are technically the same no, i mean the term hindu is just a variant of indian, i.e. the people beyond the indus.

have no problem with india wanting to rename themselves, although dont understand how Pakistan intend to use the term india, maybe describe the land east of the indus as india, but dont see what that gains for pakistan.

Yes the same but Hindustan has the word Hindu in it so will please Modi, RSS and the millions of their followers.

Cant imagine what Apache Indian must be thinking now! lol.

Yes the same but Hindustan has the word Hindu in it so will please Modi, RSS and the millions of their followers.

Cant imagine what Apache Indian must be thinking now! lol.
Slight problem for RSS, Hindustan is often referred to the territories of the Mughal empire!

I wonder whether Modi's government will go the full yards and change the Indian flag to remove all traces of green!

Slight problem for RSS, Hindustan is often referred to the territories of the Mughal empire!

I wonder whether Modi's government will go the full yards and change the Indian flag to remove all traces of green!

Also Hindu word came from Persian conquerors earlier.

But Bharat comes from a mythical King, not sure there is evidence he existed.

The claim he ruled the whole WORLD. Which we know is simply not true. India may aswell be called Bollyland if they choose Bharat, both good stories.

Also Hindu word came from Persian conquerors earlier.

But Bharat comes from a mythical King, not sure there is evidence he existed.

The claim he ruled the whole WORLD. Which we know is simply not true. India may aswell be called Bollyland if they choose Bharat, both good stories.
Well, Bharat does mean seeking knowledge, even if 'alternative' facts.

🤣

If we want to understand why Indians are so sensitive to terms bestowed upon India we should at least acknowledge where the hurt comes from. You can't change history, and by facing it we get a more complete understanding.

This was a much beloved TV show made by British Indians, does it not deserve some consideration in regard to this topic?

"The word ‘India’ is an abuse given to us by the British whereas the word ‘Bharat’ is a symbol of our culture,” Harnath Singh Yadav of the Bharatiya Janata Party told the ANI news agency.

Hope it turns out to be a hoax! I’m sick of these name changes, except when names of places named after those invading animals in our country are changed.

IITs, IIMs, ISRO, AIIMS and so many other government institutions use the word 'India' as does BRICS. So these desperate sanghis will change names of all those institutions.

Now, 'Prime Minister Of Bharat' Adds Fuel To Name-Change Fire.

India vs Bharat Row: A note on Narendra Modi's visit to Indonesia refers to him as the 'Prime Minister of Bharat'.

Even as the dinner invite to G20 leaders from President Droupadi Murmu sparked controversy and speculation after using the term 'President of Bharat' instead of the traditional 'President of India' on Tuesday, another document has come to light that refers to Narendra Modi as the 'Prime Minister of Bharat'.
A note on the Prime Minister's visit to Indonesia on Wednesday and Thursday for the 20th ASEAN-India Summit and the 18th East Asia Summit uses the term 'Prime Minister of Bharat'.

The note was posted on X, formerly Twitter, by BJP National Spokesperson Sambit Patra and invited an immediate attack from the Congress, which pointed out that both the 'ASEAN-India Summit' and the 'Prime Minister of Bharat' were used in the same document.

"Look at how confused the Modi government is! The Prime Minister of Bharat at the 20th ASEAN-India summit. All this drama just because the Opposition got together and called itself INDIA," Congress General Secretary Jairam Ramesh posted on the platform.

The identity cards of Indian officials at the G20 Summit on September 9 and 10 will also now say 'Bharat - Official'.

The G20 invitation from the President has led to buzz about the country's name being changed and raised the possibility of this being done in the special session of Parliament from September 18-22. The fact that the government has not announced any agenda for the special session has only added to the speculation.

The opposition has linked the possible move to its 28-party alliance calling itself 'INDIA' and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has questioned what the Centre will do if the bloc decides to rename itself 'Bharat'.

"Just because many opposition parties have formed an alliance and called it INDIA, will the Centre change the name of the country? The country belongs to 140 crore people, not to one party. If the name of the alliance is changed to Bharat, will they change the name of Bharat to BJP," the AAP chief asked on Tuesday.

Several BJP leaders have welcomed the use of 'Bharat', with Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeting that the wording of the Presidential invite had made him proud.

Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com
"REPUBLIC OF BHARAT - happy and proud that our civilisation is marching ahead boldly towards AMRIT KAAL," he had posted on X.

BJP President JP Nadda had also hit out at the Congress and accused the party of objecting to every issue "related to the honour and pride of the country".
1693987157501.png

That's a big change, would affect the global impression/perception of India, as it already has a strong identity, also it would require international PR campaigns to re-educate, as for many India is a known country but Bharat may not resonate immediately.

I don’t like this renaming idea, if true. We are the only country in the world to have an ocean named after us. America owes its existence to us and lands in the North American continent still are attributed to us (West Indies) while indigenous people in these lands are still called Indians as mistakenly identified by Columbus. Lots of history associated with that word, including the triumphant warcry when we defeated Pakistan in every World Cup game out there over the years 😬

Bharat, though historically correct doesn’t ring the same emotions.

Hope it turns out to be a hoax! I’m sick of these name changes, except when names of places named after those invading animals in our country are changed.
RSS staying true to their election promises, not only Muslims sounding names are being changed but name given by Britain will change, too.

pakistan, Islamic republic of Pakistan has gone back a forth a few times a believe. There is a whole lecture on it on YouTube by Hasán Nisar. It’s in Urdu. I believe also by syed muzamil shah also had a lecture on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday had said while there is no constitutional objection to calling India 'Bharat', he hopes the government will not be so "foolish" to completely dispense with 'India' which has "incalculable brand value".

Congress leader Shashi Tharoor today took a swipe at the government over the India-Bharat naming row, saying the opposition bloc could call itself the "Alliance for Betterment, Harmony And Responsible Advancement for Tomorrow (BHARAT)" and then perhaps the ruling party might stop the "fatuous game of changing names".
His remarks came after invitations for a G20 dinner sent out by President Droupadi Murmu, describing her position as 'President of Bharat' instead of the customary 'President of India', triggered a massive furore on Tuesday with the opposition alleging that the Modi government is planning to drop India and stay with just Bharat as the country's name.

In a post on X, Mr Tharoor said, "We could of course call ourselves the Alliance for Betterment, Harmony And Responsible Advancement for Tomorrow (BHARAT). Then perhaps the ruling party might stop this fatuous game of changing names." The Congress is a constituent of the opposition Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance (INDIA).

On Tuesday, Congress general secretary Jairam Ramesh had on X said, "Mr. Modi can continue to distort history and divide India, that is Bharat, that is a Union of States. But we will not be deterred. After all, what is the objective of INDIA (alliance) parties? It is BHARAT - Bring Harmony, Amity, Reconciliation And Trust. Judega BHARAT. Jeetega INDIA!"

Mr Tharoor on Tuesday had said while there is no constitutional objection to calling India 'Bharat', he hopes the government will not be so "foolish" to completely dispense with 'India' which has "incalculable brand value".

The Congress MP had also claimed it was Pakistan's founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah who had objected to the name 'India' since it implied that "our country was the successor state to the British Raj and Pakistan a seceding state".

It's like I said, Bharat might have the historical heritage, but the Days of the British Raj have done their job. The hindutvas have misjudged their people, while the citizens might like the idea of Hindu supremacy, they are actually quite a modern people in reality. Talk the talk by all means, but don't try to walk the walk. India will stay, Modi will have to take a hike.

Shashi Tharoor on Tuesday had said while there is no constitutional objection to calling India 'Bharat', he hopes the government will not be so "foolish" to completely dispense with 'India' which has "incalculable brand value".

Congress leader Shashi Tharoor today took a swipe at the government over the India-Bharat naming row, saying the opposition bloc could call itself the "Alliance for Betterment, Harmony And Responsible Advancement for Tomorrow (BHARAT)" and then perhaps the ruling party might stop the "fatuous game of changing names".
His remarks came after invitations for a G20 dinner sent out by President Droupadi Murmu, describing her position as 'President of Bharat' instead of the customary 'President of India', triggered a massive furore on Tuesday with the opposition alleging that the Modi government is planning to drop India and stay with just Bharat as the country's name.

In a post on X, Mr Tharoor said, "We could of course call ourselves the Alliance for Betterment, Harmony And Responsible Advancement for Tomorrow (BHARAT). Then perhaps the ruling party might stop this fatuous game of changing names." The Congress is a constituent of the opposition Indian National Developmental Inclusive Alliance (INDIA).

On Tuesday, Congress general secretary Jairam Ramesh had on X said, "Mr. Modi can continue to distort history and divide India, that is Bharat, that is a Union of States. But we will not be deterred. After all, what is the objective of INDIA (alliance) parties? It is BHARAT - Bring Harmony, Amity, Reconciliation And Trust. Judega BHARAT. Jeetega INDIA!"

Mr Tharoor on Tuesday had said while there is no constitutional objection to calling India 'Bharat', he hopes the government will not be so "foolish" to completely dispense with 'India' which has "incalculable brand value".

The Congress MP had also claimed it was Pakistan's founder Mohammad Ali Jinnah who had objected to the name 'India' since it implied that "our country was the successor state to the British Raj and Pakistan a seceding state".

Agreed. India has brand value. Why get rid of it

Agreed. India has brand value. Why get rid of it
How does it feel to have a brand created for you by the British? Then even in this thread it was a British Pakistani who raised the concept of India being a brand in post #10?

No need to thank either Britain or myself, you are welcome.

can't believe i am agreeing with Shashi Tharoor. There should be no problem using Bharath which is anyway an official name and used by lot of people internally. But formally getting rid of India has to be a dumb move. This will also alienate a lot of Overseas Indians who associate themselves with India. I support BJP and Modi, but this is a dumb move if they go through it.

Personally i don't have issue either way. But just don't see the point of it. Also i don't think world would rename "Indian Ocean".

Pakistan could do with some significant re-branding. A name change could be a smart move given negative associations that can be triggered simply by hearing a name.

I hope they do. It is like building a brand name and then giving it to someone. For jobless andhbhakhts this is a matter of pride but imagine those who are living abroad, when Pakistan changes its name to India those NRB's will still call themselves Indians. :inti

United Nations:
The United Nations considers requests from countries to change their names as and when the world body receives them, a top UN official has said, amid a row over President Droupadi Murmu's G20 dinner invites referring to her as 'President of Bharat' instead of 'President of India'.

Deputy Spokesperson for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Farhan Haq on Wednesday cited the example of Turkey changing its name to Turkiye last year.

"Well, in the case of Turkiye, we responded to a formal request delivered to us by the Government. Obviously, if we get requests like that, we consider them as they come," he said in response to a question on reports that India's name could be changed to Bharat.

A row erupted in India on Tuesday after invitations for a G20 dinner were sent out by President Murmu, describing her position as 'President of Bharat' instead of the customary 'President of India', with the opposition accusing the Narendra Modi government of planning to drop India and stay with just Bharat as the country's name.

Prime Minister Modi on Wednesday told his ministerial colleagues to avoid the political row around the Bharat issue, noting that it has been the country's ancient name.

PM Modi spoke on the issues during his interaction with the Union Council of Ministers in which he laid down the dos and don'ts to be observed by them during the upcoming G20 summit.

He asked them to remain in the national capital during the mega exercise and discharge any duty assigned to them to ensure that visiting dignitaries are not put to any inconvenience.

Sehwag is a liar. He is a closet sanghi. All his social media utterances say so.
It would be absolutely hilarious and tragic if in 5 years time we are called Bharat, and Pakistan is called India.

Now they will have the ocean named after them. The common person outside of Asia would be confused!

Just for a little bit of upmanship against Congress. That too when there is no chance of BJP losing power (as much as I would like them to).

It would be absolutely hilarious and tragic if in 5 years time we are called Bharat, and Pakistan is called India.

Now they will have the ocean named after them. The common person outside of Asia would be confused!

Just for a little bit of upmanship against Congress. That too when there is no chance of BJP losing power (as much as I would like them to).
feku is so narrow minded in whatever he does and he still has so many followers.

Lol at the irony of renaming India.

In 2004, UP Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav introduced a (rather pointless) resolution to change the Constitution to say “Bharat which is India”. It was the BJP which walked out in protest.

If a country changes its name it typically implies that passports will also need to be updated to reflect the new country name.

so every bhartian needs to replace their passport as well?

No need to thank either Britain or myself, you are welcome.
Cap, let me explain.

We cannot thank you despite you being born in Britain, because you are not a Caucasian, end of the day you are Pakistani genetically hence you got no say or part of the Caucasian British history in the eyes of some posters.

:apology

Apart from some high level ivory tower dwelling academics there is no real appetite for Pakistan to assume the name India.

I have read a few reports claiming that Pakistanis would be interested but I think its just mild trolling.

The name Bharat is a beautiful name btw, personally when speaking Urdu I always say Bharat or Hindustan.

Sehwag is a liar. He is a closet sanghi. All his social media utterances say so.
No way Sehwag is a liar or a Sanghi, how dare you say such a thing.

Our greatest pseudo secular on this forum is Bhaag Viru Bhaag would not have Sehwag as his avatar for all these years if Sehwag was a liar or Sanghi

:inti

Bharat , India , Hindustan all mean the same thing in common parlance , you can call it whatever you want , the bottamline is that BJP needs to understand that before every election they start all these gimicks , which makes no sense at all. By changing names you cannot delete that you were ruled by Mughals as well as British . Whether they were good or bad is a different thing , but the fact remains fact.

Apart from some high level ivory tower dwelling academics there is no real appetite for Pakistan to assume the name India.

I have read a few reports claiming that Pakistanis would be interested but I think its just mild trolling.

The name Bharat is a beautiful name btw, personally when speaking Urdu I always say Bharat or Hindustan.

Bharat might be a beautiful name to those who live and breathe the soil of the land, but the vast majority have had their brains wiped of such culture, now it would probably seem like an alien entity to those who have grown up schooled on the British way of life.

Bharat might be a beautiful name to those who live and breathe the soil of the land, but the vast majority have had their brains wiped of such culture, now it would probably seem like an alien entity to those who have grown up schooled on the British way of life.
I think you are wrong here Cpt and the responses in this thread proves it.

There are plenty of Bharatees that live and breathe the soil of the land, living in Australia, England and Europe.

United Nations:
The United Nations considers requests from countries to change their names as and when the world body receives them, a top UN official has said, amid a row over President Droupadi Murmu's G20 dinner invites referring to her as 'President of Bharat' instead of 'President of India'.

Deputy Spokesperson for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres Farhan Haq on Wednesday cited the example of Turkey changing its name to Turkiye last year.

"Well, in the case of Turkiye, we responded to a formal request delivered to us by the Government. Obviously, if we get requests like that, we consider them as they come," he said in response to a question on reports that India's name could be changed to Bharat.

A row erupted in India on Tuesday after invitations for a G20 dinner were sent out by President Murmu, describing her position as 'President of Bharat' instead of the customary 'President of India', with the opposition accusing the Narendra Modi government of planning to drop India and stay with just Bharat as the country's name.

Prime Minister Modi on Wednesday told his ministerial colleagues to avoid the political row around the Bharat issue, noting that it has been the country's ancient name.

PM Modi spoke on the issues during his interaction with the Union Council of Ministers in which he laid down the dos and don'ts to be observed by them during the upcoming G20 summit.

He asked them to remain in the national capital during the mega exercise and discharge any duty assigned to them to ensure that visiting dignitaries are not put to any inconvenience.

So all the indian posters and sehwag going up and down over the name.

Bhai first follow the proper procedure before making a mockery of your self at international level

Cap, let me explain.

We cannot thank you despite you being born in Britain, because you are not a Caucasian, end of the day you are Pakistani genetically hence you got no say or part of the Caucasian British history in the eyes of some posters.

:apology
Remember his hero Imran saying how a donkey can’t become a zebra by drawing it’s body with black and white stripes?

PM Modi's desk is named 'Bharat' instead of India in G20 summit as can be seen in this video

As much as we all love the word India and identify as Indians, it has always truly felt an English word which is what it really is.

Call it Needless or whatever, but i have absolutely no change in us officially changing our name to Bharat. It has always been a nickname, might as well make it official now.

As much as we all love the word India and identify as Indians, it has always truly felt an English word which is what it really is.

Call it Needless or whatever, but i have absolutely no change in us officially changing our name to Bharat. It has always been a nickname, might as well make it official now.

Kudos bro, you are the first one on here who has actually claimed your ancestral name, every other Indian is running scared, still mentally enslaved to their British overlords.

Respect :apology

Remember his hero Imran saying how a donkey can’t become a zebra by drawing it’s body with black and white stripes?

And of course a hindutva can't become a Christian while still spouting the Bhagavat Gita. :amir2

Sehwag made his wealth playing a british game. If he was a real patriot like he pretends to be, he would have stuck to playing Kabaddi.

What an insecure clown.

In a strong message amid the Bharat vs India row, the name plate in front of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he opened the G20 Summit read "Bharat".

1694263614136.png

Kudos bro, you are the first one on here who has actually claimed your ancestral name, every other Indian is running scared, still mentally enslaved to their British overlords.

Respect :apology
In a strong message amid the Bharat vs India row, the name plate in front of Prime Minister Narendra Modi as he opened the G20 Summit read "Bharat".

View attachment 136299

There’s no such thing as Bharat vs India

We will always look back at our Indian days and smile. It was a phase for us - like 75 years something and we achieved great things during this phase whole we called ourselves Indians.

But our connection with Bharat is emotional, spiritual and historic. It is from where we draw our pride and inspiration.

As Bharatiyans , we have thousands of years ahead of us now. No time for negativity.

There’s no such thing as Bharat vs India

We will always look back at our Indian days and smile. It was a phase for us - like 75 years something and we achieved great things during this phase whole we called ourselves Indians.

But our connection with Bharat is emotional, spiritual and historic. It is from where we draw our pride and inspiration.

As Bharatiyans , we have thousands of years ahead of us now. No time for negativity.
Then what’s the difference other than name and why change it? What are Indian trying to achieve here?

Then what’s the difference other than name and why change it? What are Indian trying to achieve here?

This is an awakening.

Leftists have tried their everything to stop it in the last many years but they cannot stop the inevitable emergence of Bharat as a proud Hindu rashtra and a global leader.

This is rashtrawaad at its finest.

I consider myself extremely grateful to see this transformation right in front of my eyes during the peak of my life.

This is an awakening.

Leftists have tried their everything to stop it in the last many years but they cannot stop the inevitable emergence of Bharat as a proud Hindu rashtra and a global leader.

This is rashtrawaad at its finest.

I consider myself extremely grateful to see this transformation right in front of my eyes during the peak of my life.
For the rest of the world it has always been India = Hinduism.

Transforming Hindu to Hindu isn’t a change, is it?

The reality is changing names doesn't change the past.

If Indians really want to let go of their past and usher in a new era of Hindu identity, be it by changing the name of historical monuments, cities, and even the country, then stop speaking English and the world might take you seriously.

The reality is changing names doesn't change the past.

If Indians really want to let go of their past and usher in a new era of Hindu identity, be it by changing the name of historical monuments, cities, and even the country, then stop speaking English and the world might take you seriously.
🤣🤣 Such a shame the world doesn’t take India seriously, right?

And of course a hindutva can't become a Christian while still spouting the Bhagavat Gita. :amir2
My religion is my personal matter. At least I don’t pretend to be what I’m not.

We already call us Bharatiyas/Bharatwasi. This is just making it official I suppose. Even on our beloved Indian passport.. it is Republic of India in English and Bharatiya Ganrajya in Devnagari. I am not able to understand what's the fuss?
And to add to that there is no mention of India in the national anthem. Bharat though is mentioned

Their country, their choice but the word "Bharat" will come across as "Borat" by the western folk. It would have great meme potential.

Absolutely nothing wrong in changing the name but the reason behind given by few is almost religious supremacy. They almost make it sound as if India is in the midst of moving away from secularism. Democracy in India is limited to election and between election it has been reduced to extremist theocracy.

India has always been synonymous with Hinduism. Ask anyone in the world about religion Hindu and they will name India first and no other country.

Those pretending their religion to be personal is just an act while forcing and promoting a theocratic right wing extremist government who openly declared Jihad against its minorities.

Back