India tour of Australia (2020/21)

Nothing unites India like Thakur lol. Everyone is against his selection it seems.

BCCI needs to explains to fans on what basis is Rohit made VC of test team.

Nothing unites India like Thakur lol. Everyone is against his selection it seems.
That's because we probably have finally got rid of trundler culture we have had in the past in plenty and this Thakur guy reminds us of those nightmares those trundlers used to give us in the past.

Now i understand why Agarkar was not picked as selector. If he was picked he would have been the chairman by virtue of seniority.

Thereby the coach captain VC Chairman of selectors all would be Mumbai wala. It was balanced out by appointment of the chairman from the North.

So Agarkar will be picked next time?

That's because we probably have finally got rid of trundler culture we have had in the past in plenty and this Thakur guy reminds us of those nightmares those trundlers used to give us in the past.
I know bro, I still remember Vinay Kumar steaming in at Perth among many other things. just that I found it a bit amusing that it took the selection of Thakur for for all of us to agree on something.

Pujara just copped a blow on his right hand in the nets and has now gone inside. #AUSvIND

Pujara just copped a blow on his right hand in the nets and has now gone inside. #AUSvIND
Loooool. For God sake. Bumrah and siraj and co need to stop being so brutal with the bouncer in training jeez. Screw pujara anyway. He has been poor this tour. Mayank can replace him.

KL Rahul sprained his left wrist while batting in the nets at the MCG during Team India’s practice session on Saturday. Ruled out of series.. will be back to India soon and join NCA..

Indian players missing in last two Tests against Australia:

- Bhuvneshwar Kumar ruled out.
- Ishant Sharma ruled out.
- Mohammed Shami ruled out.
- Umesh Yadav ruled out.
- KL Rahul ruled out.
- Virat Kohli not available.

Injury Indian Cricket team.

Pragyan Ojha said Rohit Sharma should open with Mayank Agarwal and Shubman Gill should be rested for the 3rd Test match.

:salute

Indian players missing in last two Tests against Australia:

- Bhuvneshwar Kumar ruled out.
- Ishant Sharma ruled out.
- Mohammed Shami ruled out.
- Umesh Yadav ruled out.
- KL Rahul ruled out.
- Virat Kohli not available.

Injury Indian Cricket team.

I'll laugh out loud if Australia still manage to make a mess of it somehow. :91:

India have been hit by another injury blow on their ongoing tour of Australia as KL Rahul has been ruled out due to an injury. Rahul sprained his left wrist while batting in the nets at the Melbourne Cricket Ground as part of the preparations for the third Test set to get underway from January 7.

As a result, Rahul won’t take any further part in the ongoing Border-Gavaskar Trophy which is currently locked at one-all. He is to return home and head to the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru to start his rehabilitation.

“KL Rahul sprained his left wrist while batting in the nets at the MCG during Team India’s practice session on Saturday,” BCCI said in a media release on Tuesday. “The wicketkeeper-batsman will not be available for the remaining two Tests of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy as he will need about three weeks time to recover completely and regain full strength.”

Rahul didn’t play in either of the first two Tests but played in preceding limited-overs matches.

He is the third India cricketer after Mohammed Shami and Umesh Yadav to have been ruled out of the tour due to an injury issue.

Shami suffered a fractured forearm while batting in India’s second innings of the first Test in Adelaide which they lost by eight wickets. He was subsequently ruled out of the remaining three matches.

Umesh hurt his calf while bowling on the third day of the second Test in Melbourne as he walked off the field without taking any further part in the contest. India went on to win the Test by eight wickets with Umesh being later ruled out of the tour.

Rahul is the latest in the list of India cricketers who have missed or left the ongoing tour of Australia due to various reasons. Ishant Sharma suffered a rib cage issue during IPL 2020 and returned home to start his rehabilitation as he raced against time to get fit for the Australia Tests.

However, he failed to attain full fitness that ended his chances.

Subsequently, India lost the services of captain Virat Kohli returned home after the conclusion of the first Test for the birth of his child

1st Century for India In

2010 - Dhoni
2011 - Sachin
2012 - Kohli
2013 - Kohli
2014 - Kohli
2015 - Rahul
2016 - Rohit
2017 - Kohli
2018 - Kohli
2019 - Pujara
2020 - Rohit
2021 - ???

Looks pretty certain that Rohit Sharma will open with Shubman Gill replacing Agarwal while Vihari keeps his place in the squad. And Saini should be making his Test debut at the @scg #AUSvIND [MENTION=24024]cricbuzz[/MENTION] https://t.co/tEQLH8jLCO

Indian Playing X1 for the Third Test:

Rohit (VC)
Gill
Pujara
Rahane (C)
Vihari
Jadeja
Pant
Ashwin
Saini
Bumrah
Siraj

Indian Playing X1 for the Third Test:

Rohit (VC)
Gill
Pujara
Rahane (C)
Vihari
Jadeja
Pant
Ashwin
Saini
Bumrah
Siraj

Solid team based on available resources.

We are missing three of our key players though- Virat, Shami and Ishant.

Last chance for vihari to make runs. Else he will drop for sure

Vihari will also play at The Gabba because we have no reserves left ( Rahul got injured).

Mayank and Shaw are mentally shot right now and are rightly dropped.

David Warner is only 70% fit despite that he'll be pushing himself and will be playing the 3rd Test.

Cricket Australia compulsories wearing of masks by fans at the Sydney Cricket Ground for the 3rd Test match.

Very harsh on Mayank but expected of this TM

Rohit will continue to open in India and pad his stats

Vihari will also play at The Gabba because we have no reserves left ( Rahul got injured).

Mayank and Shaw are mentally shot right now and are rightly dropped.

Mayank is not mentally shot.He has technical issue which can be fixed

Rohit OTOH is a ttf

Gambhir (in ANI) said "We have a chance against Australia, if you look at top 4 then Australia has the weakest batting lineup. England, New Zealand, India are better than Australia - I haven't seen this kind of batting lineup, so there is a big possibility to win the series".

Gambhir (in ANI) said "We have a chance against Australia, if you look at top 4 then Australia has the weakest batting lineup. England, New Zealand, India are better than Australia - I haven't seen this kind of batting lineup, so there is a big possibility to win the series".

Warner,Smith and Labushagne in top 4 is weakest?

David Warner is only 70% fit despite that he'll be pushing himself and will be playing the 3rd Test.

That could make his injury even worse and make him sit out for 4th test. I have never seen Australian team this desperate to rush someone into playing XI despite not 100% fit.

Which opener has in recent times? I can’t seem to think any.

Mayank had a top series last time in Aus,better than anything Rohit has done in his career

then amongst the ruins was our top scorer in NZ with 1 fifty

this is his third series in SENA and he's dropped after 2 games.Atleast deserved full series

India at Sydney since 2008
2012 - Lost
2015 - Draw
2019 - Draw (Rain saved Aus)
2021 - Draw

Man not only are Aussies unable to express themselves verbally due to “Elite Honest” they are getting suffocated by a depleted Indian tram that everyone thought would roll over..

Paine getting criticized for his accent mocking :)) , got to say enjoying this tour

This Indian team deserves all the respect in the world.

I think all the other teams would have gone down but WOW.

Now we need Mayank Agrawal to come to the party in the fourth match. And Thakur to play a quick 40+ inning. Don’t expect much from him in bowling.

Now we need Mayank Agrawal to come to the party in the fourth match. And Thakur to play a quick 40+ inning. Don’t expect much from him in bowling.

Thakur playing Test cricket will undo all the good things this team has done

Are both Agarwal and Shaw expected to play the next test? Given that Pant and Vihari are likely out, there aren't any other reserve batsmen in the team.

If those two do play, I'd expect one of Gill or Sharma to bat in the middle order.

Boria Majumdar
@BoriaMajumdar

Breaking - India not to risk Jasprit Bumrah in Brisbane. They fear Abdomen injury could worsen, scans done, reports awaited. Mayank hurt at training. Scans done. Unless there is fracture he was to replace Hanuma. Scan results awaited.

So no Bumrah now.

Team should be:

Sharma,
Shaw,
Gill,
Rahane,
Pujara
Pant,
Swaaaha
Siraj,
Saini,
Thakur,
Kuldeep

So from the 1st choice bowlers - Ishant, Bumrah, Shami, Yadav and Jadeja injured.

Only Ashwin remaining now but he also has back troubles, hopefully he is back to full fitness for Gabba.

So from the 1st choice bowlers - Ishant, Bumrah, Shami, Yadav and Jadeja injured.

Only Ashwin remaining now but he also has back troubles, hopefully he is back to full fitness for Gabba.

I heard Ashwin is injured (back), not sure how credible it is. Hopefully he plays.

Kohli
Shami
Ishant
Bumrah
Jadeja
Yadav

6 of our first 12-13 players out.

If Ashwin is out that makes it 7.

Yet those who say India's win during the last Aus tour has an asterisk, due to Smith and Warner missing, wont utter a word.

Doesnt matter if bumrah is out now, australia seem to have gone from bad to worse in this series.

So no Bumrah now.

Team should be:

Sharma,
Shaw,
Gill,
Rahane,
Pujara
Pant,
Swaaaha
Siraj,
Saini,
Thakur,
Kuldeep

I heard Sundar will come in as spin option. Also any chance of Ravi Shastri coming out of retirement for one test?

Last edited:
Washington Sundar hasn't played a first-class match in three years, it'll be absolutely bizarre if they select him ahead of Kuldeep Yadav.

Kohli
Shami
Ishant
Bumrah
Jadeja
Yadav

6 of our first 12-13 players out.

If Ashwin is out that makes it 7.

Yet those who say India's win during the last Aus tour has an asterisk, due to Smith and Warner missing, wont utter a word.

Won’t they just say if Australia wins this time, it’s an asterisk? And if India wins this time, it’s a mammoth, mammoth achievement and one of India’s best ever wins. What does it have to do with the last series?

Washington Sundar hasn't played a first-class match in three years, it'll be absolutely bizarre if they select him ahead of Kuldeep Yadav.

And if he gets picked it won’t be surprising if he does well. The mentality and conditioning of this Indian team is incredible.

Washington Sundar is a defensive bowler whom I always felt that he is good only for T20s, not even for ODIs. I can't believe he will debut in tests :yk, possibly because they feel he can give a bit of batting at 7.

I think if Ashwin is not fit, they will play him and he will bat at no.7.

And if he gets picked it won’t be surprising if he does well. The mentality and conditioning of this Indian team is incredible.

Although I'd be shocked if a rookie spinner does well at the Gabba, I agree on the latter point: Shastri and his staff have done a fantastic job.

Back