India tour of Australia (2020/21)

you are underestimating how difficult it is to chase in Australia, which is why toss is so crucial. Smith averages 30 in 4th innings with 29 in Australia. In 23 matches in australia , his highest score in 4th innings is 40

What about his 3rd innings performance.

Although we all very well knew how he would perform with bat in the first test so it was not hard to predict but I didn't knew that catching prediction will also go right. Just one of those days :inti

Last edited:
Although we all very well knew how he would perform with bat in the first test so it was not hard to predict but I didn't knew that catching prediction will also go right. Just one of those days :inti

Hope it doesnt continue lol

IMG_20201217_232259.jpg.11d2dd02307fe3a5cd877ce5349478d0.jpg

I don't care what happens but this is hilarious ROFL lmao. Love shaoib Bhai.

Anyway India will bounce back. I truly believe in this team. Just pick the right players.

Expect India to line up as follows at the MCG:

Rahul
Agarwal
Pujara
Rahane
Vihari
Gill
Pant
Ashwin
Yadav
Bumrah
Saini

That's assuming that Shami won't be fit to play. It'll be hard for them to come back from this demoralizing defeat.

After winning the toss they lost so badly man.How can anyone be so bad.That was so awful.Complete demolition.They will beat them even harder now.Innings defeat coming up.It will be very fun to watch.

Expect India to line up as follows at the MCG:

Rahul
Agarwal
Pujara
Rahane
Vihari
Gill
Pant
Ashwin
Yadav
Bumrah
Saini

That's assuming that Shami won't be fit to play. It'll be hard for them to come back from this demoralizing defeat.

If what you highlighted is the team they go with, series will be 2-0.

I would do the following:

Shaw
Pant
Rahane
Pujara
Rahul
Gill
Jadeja
Shami (If fit)
Bumrah
Ashwin
Siraj

On an MCG deck this lineup will hold up, however would still lose but also has a chance to draw, this side has more bite than the side that just lost.

If what you highlighted is the team they go with, series will be 2-0.

I would do the following:

Shaw
Pant
Rahane
Pujara
Rahul
Gill
Jadeja
Shami (If fit)
Bumrah
Ashwin
Siraj

On an MCG deck this lineup will hold up, however would still lose but also has a chance to draw, this side has more bite than the side that just lost.

Shaw needs to be taken out of the firing line, his brain's totally scrambled. I like the idea of Rahul in the middle order though, maybe they can change their mind and allow Gill to open.

With Mohammad Shami ruled out of the test series and Virat Kohli not available for remaining part of the series, I think India must play both Ashwin and Jadeja.

Melbourne will be typical batting wicket with pace and bounce and hardly any swing and if Australia wins the toss, 500 runs on board can be expected from them. Hence, we must play both the spinners as they are capable with bat also. Umesh will anyways spray down the leg and Saini can also have a bad outing. Siraj is only good if there is some movement available with the new bowl.

My team would be:-

Rahul
Mayank
Pujara
Gill
Rahane(c)
Pant(wkt)
Jadeja
Ashwin
Saini
Umesh
Bumrah

Jadeja is a capable bat at 7 and with two spinners, Bumrah won't be overbowled by his captain. If we go with four bowlers, Bumrah will be overbowled as other two pacers both can go useless on a Day1 pitch against Warner and Smith.

Now with no Shami or Kohli, it is set for a 4-0 demolition of the IPL heroes. I was right when I said before the series, on another thread that, if India could get away with a 2-0 loss they would have done well.

Last edited:
Now with no Shami or Kohli, it is set for a 4-0 demolition of the IPL heroes. I was right when I said before the series, on another thread that, if India could get away with a 2-0 loss they would have done well.

Do you think the batting simply failed to adjust to the change in line by the bowlers? after pujara got out to a peach it seemed as if everyone else panicked..surely they just needed one guy to adjust his guard slightly or to make a technical adjustment to handle the new line? maybe come forward out of the cerase or something?

Do you think the batting simply failed to adjust to the change in line by the bowlers? after pujara got out to a peach it seemed as if everyone else panicked..surely they just needed one guy to adjust his guard slightly or to make a technical adjustment to handle the new line? maybe come forward out of the cerase or something?

To be fair, Aussie bowlers were brilliant, I haven't seen bowling like this since maybe Steyn was at his peak or Mcgrath for that matter.

There was a bit of swing and the wicket became faster, I don't think the Indian boys would have done a whole lot better had they really applied themselves. This is just one of those days, when Australia is at their best, you cant beat them, just have to appreciate a great performance.

The MCG wicket is a drop-in wicket, so Indians should perform better but, now that Shami is gone, I can see Steve Smith scoring a triple hundred at the G lol...

Indians are in for a demolition and a half here, best Indians can hope for is that; kids like Gill and Shaw perform, so they have the nucleus for a good team in the making, going forward...

If India had a Babar Azam type batsman in the second innings in the midle he would have won India the test match.

Lot of selection matters to deal for both teams. Does Australia change the openers? One of them just but witch one?
It will be hard to make any decesion about it for Australia. I personally would like to see Pattinson in Melbourne as the pitch is a little flatter so you need someone like Patto. Maybe in the place a Starc.

For the Indian side, too many options in the batting department, they are just so good.

To be fair, Aussie bowlers were brilliant, I haven't seen bowling like this since maybe Steyn was at his peak or Mcgrath for that matter.

There was a bit of swing and the wicket became faster, I don't think the Indian boys would have done a whole lot better had they really applied themselves. This is just one of those days, when Australia is at their best, you cant beat them, just have to appreciate a great performance.

The MCG wicket is a drop-in wicket, so Indians should perform better but, now that Shami is gone, I can see Steve Smith scoring a triple hundred at the G lol...

Indians are in for a demolition and a half here, best Indians can hope for is that; kids like Gill and Shaw perform, so they have the nucleus for a good team in the making, going forward...

No we are not. India don't back down like scared kittens. India will fight hard.

If India can injure several of their players physically then India can turn this around with relative ease. They just need to make the right selections as well

If India had a Babar Azam type batsman in the second innings in the midle he would have won India the test match.

Lot of selection matters to deal for both teams. Does Australia change the openers? One of them just but witch one?
It will be hard to make any decesion about it for Australia. I personally would like to see Pattinson in Melbourne as the pitch is a little flatter so you need someone like Patto. Maybe in the place a Starc.

For the Indian side, too many options in the batting department, they are just so good.

I agree, Babar would have won India the match, I have always said Babar was better than Kohli and Smith.

Cricket Australia has issued the following statement from Nick Hockley, Cricket Australia Interim CEO:

“The third Vodafone Test is more than two-and-a-half weeks away, which provides us with time to assess the evolving public health situation on the northern beaches of Sydney.

“We have made no changes to our schedule and our preference remains to play the match at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

“Cricket Australia has developed a solid track record of delivery throughout this most challenging of summers and will continue to make appropriate and proportionate decisions in consultation with our biosecurity team, governments, State & Territory Associations, the Australian Cricketers’ Association, our partners and venues.

“CA has prepared for the possibility of COVID-19 hotspots and state border closures over the course of the summer and the protocols that we have put in place have been effective in ensuring the safety and success of the men’s and women’s domestic and international programs to date.

“It was less than a month ago that South Australians were contending with an outbreak of the virus in Adelaide and we have just completed a brilliant first Vodafone Test at the Adelaide Oval. We faced similar issues in relation to the Melbourne Cricket Ground playing host to the Boxing Day Test and we are now less than a week away from welcoming back Victorian crowds after a difficult year for the state.

“We will continue to work closely with all relevant parties to make the right decisions in the appropriate timeframes.”

Aussies bowled brilliantly but I feel we allowed them too. India did nothing to throw them off their lengths. What happened to the saying that make the bowlers bowl to your strengths?.
You can see kohli tried doing that he hit one boundary and got caught trying to hit the next one, he was trying to put them off their lengths but it was such a day nothing worked.
They could have probably taken a middle and off stump guard than middle and leg. Would have opened up the lbw but heck atleast it would have been something different.
India has to brush this off as a bad dream, if they keep this in their minds this tour will get from bad to worse. This is where I miss Sehwag as an opener. He would just hit the ball if it was meant to and not worry about the past.

Australia fast bowler Pat Cummins has said the Adelaide wicket had played a part in the humbling of India in the first Test.

Cummins, who took four wickets in India’s second innings, is hoping for another good track when the teams meet again in the second Test in Melbourne on December 26. Sideways movement from the Adelaide track had aided the Australian cause, Cummins observed.

“I thought the Ashes Test (in 2017) and the Indian Test at the MCG a couple of years ago were pretty flat and boring wickets as a bowler,” Cummins said.

“Last year against New Zealand it was a really good wicket. It has a bit of sideways and pace and bounce. Hopefully it will be much the same. I think not only as a player but as a fan, they are the best wickets, when it is a good battle between bat and ball. You feel like if you do your skill well, you can have a big impact.”

Australia will head off to Melbourne with confidence high after its remarkable victory but captain Tim Paine warned that its batting needed to improve after it gave up a 53-run first innings deficit in Adelaide.

“It’s a good thing to have a good win and not play anywhere near our best,” said Paine, whose unbeaten 73 helped limit the first-innings damage.

“I’m absolutely rapt with how we bowled in this Test, but we’ve still got a lot of work to do with our batting - our first innings was well below what we’d expect.”

David Warner returning from a groin injury would certainly help and the opener flew to Melbourne with his family on Saturday as a precaution after an outbreak of COVID-19 in his home city, local media reported.

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/cric...melbourne-test-boxing-day/article33377575.ece

Australian great Ricky Ponting slams 'disgraceful' Indian outfielding in first Test

Australian great Ricky Ponting has slammed India's "disgraceful" outfielding in the first Test.

The touring side copped an eight-wicket loss to Australia at Adelaide Oval despite holding a 53-run first-innings lead.

That advantage could have been far greater if Australian captain Tim Paine was not dropped at square leg before he'd reached 30, en route to 73 not out, while Marnus Labuschagne (47) was given three lives. Australia reached 191 but should have had far fewer runs on the board, which might have allowed India a chance; though they went on to fold for a historic 36 runs in the second innings.

"How bad's their fielding been this game? The Indian outfielding has been disgraceful," Ponting told The Unplayable Podcast.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/au...fielding/0c048f1b-8fa7-4053-b809-67525ac7ed80

Australian great Ricky Ponting has slammed India's "disgraceful" outfielding in the first Test.

The touring side copped an eight-wicket loss to Australia at Adelaide Oval despite holding a 53-run first-innings lead.

That advantage could have been far greater if Australian captain Tim Paine was not dropped at square leg before he'd reached 30, en route to 73 not out, while Marnus Labuschagne (47) was given three lives. Australia reached 191 but should have had far fewer runs on the board, which might have allowed India a chance; though they went on to fold for a historic 36 runs in the second innings.

"How bad's their fielding been this game? The Indian outfielding has been disgraceful," Ponting told The Unplayable Podcast.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/au...fielding/0c048f1b-8fa7-4053-b809-67525ac7ed80

And the Aussie ruthlessness is back! We missed this kind of language with the recent niceties!

And the Aussie ruthlessness is back! We missed this kind of language with the recent niceties!

It seemed to be brewing, the recent flak by ex players must have got to them and they wanted to make a point.

Whether we lose or not I want to see blood and some broken bones.

I want to see some on a stretcher particularly the key players.

India are more than capable of hurting all of them. India don't go hard on tailenders because they want to confirm to the fair game rules and for their fake friendship with Aussies due to IPL connections.

Remove shastri from coaching job and I want to see a vicious India again that bowls bouncers and just brutalized the tail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlucky James Pattinson a lock for any other Test team, says Ian Chappell

James Pattinson would be in any other Test team in the world, would be a main bowler in any other era and is unlucky to have been born in the same generation as Australia's three spearhead pacemen.

Those are the views of cricket legend Ian Chappell on the bustling Victorian quick, a lethal weapon of Australia's stocks who's being shut out of the Test side by gun trio Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc.

Pattinson's Test strike-rate of 48.9 is lower than that of legendary fast bowlers Joel Garner, Michael Holding, Fred Trueman, Sir Richard Hadlee, Dennis Lillee and Glenn McGrath, while he has a very respectable average of 26.33 and has taken four five-wicket hauls.

But a combination of injury and fierce competition has seen Pattinson piece together a very patchy Test career.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/au...-covid19/de362759-4851-40ec-841f-89e0d125909b

He's not wrong. Dropping 4 catches in an innings was the reason they lost. It got overlooked in all the hooplah over the 36 but Australia would have been completely out of the game & India batting in a very different circumstance, with a big lead & batting with freedom to just bash another 150 all out even to put the game beyond reach vs a dispirited side.

It changed the game.

India are more than capable of hurting all of them. India don't go hard on tailenders because they want to confirm to the fair game rules and for their fake friendship with Aussies due to IPL connections.

Remove shastri from coaching job and I want to see a vicious India again that bowls bouncers and just brutalized the tail.

Probably natural for the Indian attack to fire up & want some revenge.

Worth noting that it wasn't part of some bumper barrage. I think it was the first bouncer sent his way. Still- I can see your point, bouncing the #11 when it's 9-36 is a pure ruthless move by Cummins. That's an 80s WI style message.

Probably natural for the Indian attack to fire up & want some revenge.

Worth noting that it wasn't part of some bumper barrage. I think it was the first bouncer sent his way. Still- I can see your point, bouncing the #11 when it's 9-36 is a pure ruthless move by Cummins. That's an 80s WI style message.

NhA it doesn't matter. Cummins is just doing his job. He is allowed to bowl bouncers obviously. Well done to him.

Nothing wrong with that.

I personally just want to see some blood and players actually take this very seriously.
India is acting all nice etc. Where is the fire they brought to Australia last time around. I don't give a damn if it's a tailender.
End his career if you have to. Bumrah and co need to stop being hesitant vs tailenders and just unleash a bouncer barrage on them. If you can't get him out, break him and take him out of the series permanently.
I love it.

We pay money to watch you entertain not muck around and hug each other.

Last edited:
NhA it doesn't matter. Cummins is just doing his job. He is allowed to bowl bouncers obviously. Well done to him.

Nothing wrong with that.

I personally just want to see some blood and players actually take this very seriously.
India is acting all nice etc. Where is the fire they brought to Australia last time around. I don't give a damn if it's a tailender.
End his career if you have to. Bumrah and co need to stop being hesitant vs tailenders and just unleash a bouncer barrage on them. If you can't get him out, break him and take him out of the series permanently.
I love it.

I agree, Australia are being too nice with all this crap, need to pound these Indians into the dirt, 36 all out is a nice start. But I want to see the Aussies finishing it off now and win the series 4-0.

I agree, Australia are being too nice with all this crap, need to pound these Indians into the dirt, 36 all out is a nice start. But I want to see the Aussies finishing it off now and win the series 4-0.

Aussies being nice. Aussies never take things lightly in sport.

India is being nice by not bowling bouncers to tail enders and dropping dollies.

Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) will in all likelihood host the third Test between India and Australia after a sudden spike in COVID cases in Sydney – which was initially the venue for the third Test.

Cricket Australia weighing up two SCG Tests after Queensland government introduces hard-line border closure

It was only earlier this week that the New Year Test was in doubt to be played at the Sydney Cricket Ground, but the iconic Moore Park venue could now be set to host two of the Border-Gavaskar Trophy series matches as COVID-19 continues to inflict mayhem on Cricket Australia.

While the outbreak of the virus on Sydney's Northern Beaches originally forced Cricket Australia to consider handing either the MCG or the Gabba a second match, The Daily Telegraph and ESPN Cricinfo say the governing body is now rethinking its plans as a result of the Queensland government's latest move.

Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk today announced the state's southern border was closed to Greater Sydney, meaning broadcasters and Cricket Australia staff could have trouble travelling to Brisbane for the fourth Test.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/cr...-beaches/d42f968e-5685-447c-ab19-2c4720986710

David Warner officially ruled out of Boxing Day Test, plus squad member Sean Abbott

David Warner and Sean Abbott have officially been ruled out of the Boxing Day Test against India at the MCG.

Superstar opening batsman Warner has not fully recovered from a groin injury suffered in this summer's ODI series.

Squad member Abbott has recovered from a calf strain sustained during Australia A's tour match against India but is not available for selection for the Boxing Day Test, because Cricket Australia's biosecurity protocols won't allow either player to rejoin the squad in time.

Both men spent time in Sydney outside the team's "bubble" to recover from their injuries.

Nothing wrong with that.

I love it.

You never wish or hope to injure anyone for a sporting event...

Cricket Australia has provided the following update regarding the Vodafone Test series in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak on Sydney’s northern beaches:

1. CA has reaffirmed its commitment to giving it the best chance to play the third Vodafone Test at the Sydney Cricket Ground and the fourth Vodafone Test at the Gabba as per the original schedule;

2. CA has strong biosecurity protocols in place and is working constructively with the Queensland Government to secure the requisite exemptions to enable players, match officials, broadcasters, media and staff to move from Sydney to Brisbane following the third Test should border restrictions remain in place at that time;

3. Should the public health situation in NSW render playing in Sydney untenable, CA's preferred contingency plan is to work with the Victorian Government to play the third Vodafone Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground followed by the fourth Vodafone Test at the Gabba.

Nick Hockley, Cricket Australia’s Interim CEO, said CA is working closely with all relevant parties to ensure Australian Cricket completes a safe and successful Border-Gavaskar Trophy series as scheduled.

Hockley said a final decision on the third Test venue would be made during the Boxing Day Test.

“We have always maintained that scheduling a full summer of cricket during a global pandemic would require agility, problem-solving and teamwork like never before,” Hockley said.

“We continue to place the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved as our number one priority.

“The record testing numbers and the drop in new community transmissions in NSW have provided cause for optimism, however if the situation in Sydney deteriorates, we have strong contingency plans in place.

“We are working constructively with the Queensland Government and have been encouraged by the positive nature of discussions with them. We thank the Queensland Government for their support.

“CA has well-established biosecurity protocols in place and through safe completion of the season so far – which has included the women’s internationals in Brisbane, Marsh Sheffield Shield in Adelaide, rebel WBBL in Sydney and the Dettol men’s ODIs and T20s in Sydney and Canberra – has developed a strong track record of safe and responsible return to sport.

“We would like to thank the NSW Government and Venues NSW, who went to tremendous lengths to bring India’s squad safely into the country and stage the Dettol ODI and T20I series, as well as the Victorian Government, Cricket Victoria and the Melbourne Cricket Club for their agility and responsiveness in the current environment.

“I also want to extend our deepest gratitude to the Indian and Australian squads for their professionalism in observing our bio-security protocols throughout the summer.

“Thanks also to our State and Territory Associations, the Australian Cricketers’ Association, our broadcast partners and sponsors as well as our staff for working tirelessly to deliver an outstanding summer of cricket, despite the obvious challenges. It continues to be the most incredible team effort.”

Expected XI for 2nd test as per cricbuzz:-

1. Mayank
2. Gill
3. Pujara
4. Vihari
5. Rahane
6. Pant :inti
7. Jadeja
8. Ashwin
9. Saini
10. Umesh
11. Bumrah

It's sickening to see some from india online talk about how much they love Aussie bowling lmao. They say things like love you Cummins and hazelbeast.

Absolutely pathetic mindset.

And the Indian players treating this test as some holiday. If they get the fire back after being destroyed and play with the Sam vigor they displayed in 2018 then they can go as far as winning the series or drawing.

If they believe Aussies are their friends and it's like a holiday trip because they already make so much money then I can see them getting hammered.

Fix the Mindset and the problem will be solved.

When you ar won the pitch is to die for your country especially in tests.

So either win/draw or die trying. Play with the same fire I saw in 2018 where even this same team would have got beaten regardless whether Smith played or not.

Ok see you soon Bois.

IPL heroes and millionaires not even training properly.

While Langer and the Aussies are it hard on the training track.

Aussies smell blood, too many changes and scars for this Indian team.

And their coach is the biggest joke of all, India all out for 36 and Shastri was sleeping in the dugout. LOL

India needs to ignore Adelaide calamity, according to Mark Taylor

India's stand-in captain Ajinkya Rahane needs to forget about the team's Adelaide debacle and bat first if he has the opportunity in Melbourne, according to former Australian skipper Mark Taylor.

Fresh off being bowled out for the country's lowest ever score of 36, Taylor admitted some sides would likely look to bowl first to avoid facing the Australian quicks on the opening morning.

Taylor, who captained Australia in 50 of his 104 Test matches, says even in the absence of regular skipper Virat Kohli, India shouldn't back away from putting their fragile batting lineup to the test on day one by electing to bowl, should they win the toss.

"I hope that's not the way he's (Rahane) thinking," he told Wide World of Sports.

"India's best chance is to put runs on the board. They've still got some very fine players. Obviously Kohli leaves a big hole in terms of batting and leadership, but they've still got (Cheteshwar) Pujara and Rahane.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/au...xclusive/2abc3ba1-17a1-41ec-8290-5c2f79a10b68

It's sickening to see some from india online talk about how much they love Aussie bowling lmao. They say things like love you Cummins and hazelbeast.

Absolutely pathetic mindset.

And the Indian players treating this test as some holiday. If they get the fire back after being destroyed and play with the Sam vigor they displayed in 2018 then they can go as far as winning the series or drawing.

If they believe Aussies are their friends and it's like a holiday trip because they already make so much money then I can see them getting hammered.

Fix the Mindset and the problem will be solved.

When you ar won the pitch is to die for your country especially in tests.

So either win/draw or die trying. Play with the same fire I saw in 2018 where even this same team would have got beaten regardless whether Smith played or not.

Ok see you soon Bois.
They have been training quite hard.
We will make a comeback bro, don't get dissappointed so early in the series.

They have been training quite hard.
We will make a comeback bro, don't get dissappointed so early in the series.
Oh I am not bothered at all. If India pick the right selections and play with the right mindset they are more than capable of beating this Aussie side. I have no doubt in my mind the 2018 team would have whipped Aussies regardless whether Smith or Warner player. Pakistanis and other asswipes can say whatever they want but the way India bowled and considering how organised plus well prepapred they were at the time, India would have won the series irrespecitve of Smith or Warner's presence. India also played with makeshift openers in the first 2 games.

As for this series, India are missing key players. 3 even in the first tests. Now it's 4. But I am not worried one bit. I don't even care what happens but I would like to see some of their players suffer some physical pain. India just need to pick right players and fix their mentality. They are not our friends from IPL. Get that out of our players brains. Need to hurt them. Who knows we may perform better without the bewda Kohli.

EqD8pVOVoAEY0fc

Indian team for 2nd test annouced:

EqD8pVOVoAEY0fc

Interesting. But I think shaq shouldn't have been dropped. Maybe mcg pitches will suit him as its drop in type. I guess its too hard to risk it at this stage. Good line-up though. Can't change much as we have been hurt by injuries.

Good that they have dropped Shaw. Now we will be playing with 11-men team. :inti

Hard to understand why pick a guy in your test XI who was dropped for Rahane by his T20 franchise team couple of month ago.

Australia vs India: Ajinkya Rahane Shares Virat Kohli's Message To Team India Before Leaving Australia

India's stand-in captain Ajinkya Rahane on Friday shared the message regular skipper Virat Kohli gave the Indian team before he left for India on paternity leave. Rahane said Kohli urged him to be himself and play fearless cricket. "Yeah, Virat spoke to all of us, before leaving. We had our team dinner in Adelaide, so he spoke to all of us about staying in the moment, playing for each other and yeah enjoying each other's success and help each other out on the field," Rahane said on the eve of the second Test in Melbourne.

Rahane said he would rather focus on his team than worrying about Australia's "mind games" ahead of the 'Boxing Day' Test starting on Saturday.

Australia coach Justin Langer had on Thursday said he would be "happy" if the Indian team is under a bit of stress after the humiliating defeat in the first Test, and would like to put pressure on Rahane, who is taking charge in absence of regular skipper Virat Kohli. "Australians are very good at playing mind games and I will let them do that. We are focussing on ourselves, what we want to do as a unit and we are going to back our every individual," Rahane said. Rahane said one hour of poor cricket on the third morning in Adelaide doesn't define this team. "Talking about last Test match, see comparatively we had two good days, just one bad hour, where we actually lost it completely," he said.

"The chat was all about backing ourselves as an individual and as a team, play to our strengths and whatever we have planned in the first Test match just stick to that." Young opener Shubman Gill will make his debut in the second Test, and Rahane said he wants to give him and Mayank Agarwal freedom and not put them under undue pressure.

Mohammed Siraj will make his debut on Saturday and Rahane termed him "equally talented" as Gill, even though he didn't name him as the interaction with media happened before India released their playing XI. Rahane expects Jasprit Bumrah and Umesh Yadav to form a formidable partnership as he guides the unit from the gully, where he will be stationed.

"Apart from Jasprit, Umesh (Yadav), and the guy (Siraj) who will play instead of (Mohammed) Shami tomorrow, they are also equally talented," Rahane said. "Umesh has been doing really well for so many years, so it is all about bowling in partnerships for us."

So any specific areas that the batsmen worked on? "Nothing really special, we have to back our basics, back our plans, as I said earlier, we just had one bad hour, so it is all about staying positive, backing your own ability and batting in partnerships," Rahane said. India has won three Tests in the last 73 years at the MCG and Rahane reckons the wicket will be a bit different this time. "See generally MCG is ... 2018 was a slightly different wicket, but generally when we played here in 2014 and the other teams when they played here, it is actually a very good wicket, plays really well," Rahane said. It's possible that there could be a turn on the offer as India has two spinners on board. "Tomorrow will be different. We don't know that, we have to go and see and adapt to the wicket as quick as possible," the skipper said.

https://sports.ndtv.com/australia-v...mp=1&akamai-rum=off&__twitter_impression=true

2nd test starting tommorow. Where is [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] ? He was making doomsday like prediction, how indians will be quarantined in some remote island, how this series wont happen.

Now we have another pretending to be aussie poster trying to flame bait indians.

2nd test starting tommorow. Where is [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] ? He was making doomsday like prediction, how indians will be quarantined in some remote island, how this series wont happen.

Now we have another pretending to be aussie poster trying to flame bait indians.

Joshila bro, where were you when India got bowled out for 36? :inti

No KL Rahul? :inti

Poor team management is taking poor decisions as usual. Rahul is 2nd best Indian all format batsman after Kohli (with Pandya being 3rd) but he is being consistently ignored. He should be batting at 4 now with Kohli not around.

With Rahane batting at 4 our tail starts with him.

Vihari and Pant next gives no confidence either and Jadeja (as Manjerakar would say) is a bits and peices player.

But on a brighter side, we are massive underdog here. If we win (which is next to impossible), it will be a talked about victory for ages. And if we lose, it will be Australia beating India at home with its 2 main players missing. So it will be like meh...no big deal. Its similar to how Indian victory was downplayed last time bcoz Australia was missing their 2 main players. Atleast they were playing at home but India will lose without its 2 main players away. So we will have a better excuse.

Its a win win sutuation for Indian fans. This reminds me of Asia cup 2018 when we were massive underdog without Kohli before 18th Sept game and due to the poor show against HongKong. Then from 19th Sept...waqt badal gayi...jazbaat badal gayi. Rest as they....is history. Hoping (against hope) for something similar here.

:srini

Will be unfair on Shubman Gill if he is dropped on Rohit Sharma’s return, says Gautam Gambhir.

Will be unfair on Shubman Gill if he is dropped on Rohit Sharma’s return, says Gautam Gambhir.

I cant believe the hype on Rohit Sharma. What is his test record anyway? He is a walking wicket overseas and at the age of 34 I dont see him improving either. So Gambhir is right...Gill should not be dropped even if Rohit comes back.

I cant believe the hype on Rohit Sharma. What is his test record anyway? He is a walking wicket overseas and at the age of 34 I dont see him improving either. So Gambhir is right...Gill should not be dropped even if Rohit comes back.

Agreed

This is our lineup when Rohit returns.

Mayank
Rahane (he wants to open apparently?)
Gill
Pujara
Rohit? Ideally Rahul but whatever.
Jadeja
Pant
Ashwin
Umesh
Siraj
Bumrah

I am all ok for vihari to get a full series but I wanted Rahul in middle order but I think he will be dropped for Rohit.

Ideally I would want Shami Ishant Rahul in middle order, Kohli....but it is what it is.

Rohit Test average is 31 in Aus and 26 in away.
But he is in peak form his career that's why everyone talking about Rohit.
Rohit should play in place of Mayank if Mayank fail in second test and Gill should not be dropped rest of the series.

No doubt the quality is there regarding the Indian attack, pace wise they should be more aggressive towards all the Australian bats

Last edited:
Might be worth it to open with Vihari. Hes done it before and his dour games suits there better than at no. 5

Will also give Gill some cushion

Rohit Test average is 31 in Aus and 26 in away.
But he is in peak form his career that's why everyone talking about Rohit.
Rohit should play in place of Mayank if Mayank fail in second test and Gill should not be dropped rest of the series.

peak form? when?

Hes been in better form before and still sucked in Tests

Rohit Sharma doesn't play tests regularly. He doesn't play FC for mumbai. Why and how is he selected at 34 i have no idea.

Think India 36AO shut him up!

Rohit Sharma doesn't play tests regularly. He doesn't play FC for mumbai. Why and how is he selected at 34 i have no idea.

He is top 2 batsmen in terms of skills and form. He also scored 3 centuries in 2019 at an average of 90+. He is very capable of being in this team.

This just shows that upcoming talent in India is not that good these days. I mean Saha was playing instead of the next big thing Pant even after he scored a century in a practice, then you have guys like KL Rahul who is averaging just 34 after 36 matches. Rohit on the other hand averages 46 in 32 matches. Icing on the cake is Rahane captaining this side. :inti

What a nice gesture by Ajinkya Rahane. I mean Shaw should also say sorry for getting out cheaply and stay in the team. Useless investment just like Asad Shafiq. :inti

India vs Australia: ‘I went up to Virat Kohli and said sorry’ - Ajinkya Rahane reveals dressing room talks after Adelaide run out

Agreeing that the run out of Virat Kohli turned things around in the first day-night Test, Ajinkya Rahane said he had walked up to Kohli and said sorry at the end of the day’s play in Adelaide.

https://m.hindustantimes.com/cricke...ide-run-out/story-BkkKsQRVHLbYMIBV305WmJ.html

Pretty certain that India would have preferred to be quarantined at a refugee camp on Christmas Island than suffer the ignominy of being bowled out for 36.

Think India 36AO shut him up!

36AO or not. [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] trolling with senseless prediction about Indian team every time they tour Aus or Eng needs to be called out.

Now that CA itself admitted that how dependent they are on the Indian tour and how little they make from hospitality in comparison to Tv rights, it has permanently closed one of [MENTION=132916]Junaids[/MENTION] troll books.

Pretty certain that India would have preferred to be quarantined at a refugee camp on Christmas Island than suffer the ignominy of being bowled out for 36.

That 36AO was needed, else Saha and Shaw wouldn't have been dropped.

The way the mumbai lobby was still pushing for Shaw shows how shamelessly they must have pushed shaw before.

The way the mumbai lobby was still pushing for Shaw shows how shamelessly they must have pushed shaw before.

Do you think still Mumbai lobby is working?
I think no one representing in board from their side.

Sorry but your post doesn't make any sense. You look nervous here. No one is pushing Shaw or Saha. They have been made scapegoats for poor performance by the whole team. This was Shaw's 5th test and he has only played 3 ODI's if you call that pushing than what will you call KL Rahul's inclusion in the team for all 5 tests against England? What about Saha? He is not from Mumbai either. 36 AO was not a blessing in disguise. It was a humiliation. :inti

Back