Ajinkya Rahane
Hanuma Vihari
Rishabh Pant (wkt)
Mohammad Siraj
Umesh Yadav
Mohammad Shami
Jasprit Bumrah

Discuss!

If looked and read properly its not very difficult for any hindi speaker to differentiate between a pakistani and an indian, when either uses their native language.

I have been interacting with lots of urdu speaking Pakistanis for almost 18 years now. There used to be IRC chats, messengers, gaming cricket forums(i think they still exist?) when you and your gang were in diapers.

Thankfully I have learnt to differentiate between words like 'jindagi' and 'zindagi' from them. I speak punjabi, hindi and urdu pretty well. If you still have doubts you can contact moderators. :inti

I’ve always liked him. Don’t write him off, people with less talent have gone on to become ATGs. He’s very talented.

He is indeed very good. Indians have this tendency to believe in writing their team and players off due to some foolish belief in jinxing.
Shaw is destined for greatness.

Saha likely to play over pant.

Yadav to play

Ok bye bye test.

Pant needs to play. He smachs Aussie bowlers for fun. I hope bewda changes his mind.
Yadav is a very good bowler in Asia. For some strange reason he just can't seem to bowl length balls outside Asia. He has been poor with kokkabaraa balls.
I hope he has finally fixed his length issues. Saini or Siraj deserve to play too.

I’ve always liked him. Don’t write him off, people with less talent have gone on to become ATGs. He’s very talented.

His shot selection is very poor though, need to cut off some of the shots he plays. He can be destined for greatness but for that we will have to invest 30-40 games on him where he will average about 30 away from home and then get better.

Justin Langer confirms that Cameron Green will be making his Test debut against India, his fitness test will be taken soon.

According to TOI, Wriddhiman Saha might be preferred over Rishabh Pant for the first Test match.

Sunil Gavaskar said that India should play Rishabh Pant because of the runs he scores.

Last edited:
He is indeed very good. Indians have this tendency to believe in writing their team and players off due to some foolish belief in jinxing.
Shaw is destined for greatness.

I tried jinxing him a lot during IPL but ended with no success :(

His shot selection is very poor though, need to cut off some of the shots he plays. He can be destined for greatness but for that we will have to invest 30-40 games on him where he will average about 30 away from home and then get better.

Ahh ok, we will see they say he will have a fitness test.

Australian expected lineup:-

Joe Burns
Marcus Harris/Will Pucovsi
Marnus Labuschagne
Steve Smith
Travis Head
Cameron Green
Tim Paine(wkt)
Mitchell Starc
Pat Cummins
Josh Hazelwood
Nathan Lyon

Australian expected lineup:-

Joe Burns
Marcus Harris/Will Pucovsi
Marnus Labuschagne
Steve Smith
Travis Head
Cameron Green
Tim Paine(wkt)
Mitchell Starc
Pat Cummins
Josh Hazelwood
Nathan Lyon

To win in Australia. You need good Backfoot players. We do have several good ones.
You need quality bowlers. We have quality bowlers althought we are missing Ishant and Bhuvi. Shouldn't matter. The younger ones have to step up at some point. Might as well be now.

Also a quality spinner can make a difference. Jadeja is injured. Ashwin is still good for the first 2 before he usually regresses due to poor stamina. Works out perfectly imo.

Moises Henriques has been added to Australia's squad ahead of the first Test match against India.

Wait so are you just jinxing him right now or genuinely believe he has poor shot selection?

Bit of both.

But I am 100%sure Shaw is going to be star in the future. Gill too.

For Pakistan imo Haider is the next Babar esque player. Shafique can be a solid opener.

As for bowling, India have porel, Krishna and Tyagi. All 3 are legit. Tyagi in particular has the menace about him. He is very raw now. But he will get better with time.

Tyagi will have to wait unfortunately as India's front line bowlers are top notch.
More than him, porel is the real deal.

Last edited:
Wait so are you just jinxing him right now or genuinely believe he has poor shot selection?

I genuinely believe he has very poor shot selection and his technique is poor as well. What pisses me more is that he gets compared to Tendulkar and Lara. That's another level of delusion.

He is more or less at Sehwag level. However, Sehwag was a genius and had some phenomenal shots to pull it off. Shaw also has the talent to be Shaw and pull off a great career but he will not be getting enough chances because of stuff competition.

All said and done, if somehow he manages to fluke a big knock in this tour, then we will have to pay for it next year in England where we will have 5 tests and he will perform exactly what I expect from him now in that tour.

Last edited:
Saha likely to play over pant.

Yadav to play

Ok bye bye test.
It seems team management didn't take Pant's century seriously because it was against a C grade attack. But still he deserves to play at least 2 tests in Australia because of his past record there which is good. :inti

I genuinely believe he has very poor shot selection and his technique is poor as well. What pisses me more is that he gets compared to Tendulkar and Lara. That's another level of delusion.

He <B>is</B> more or less at Sehwag level. However, Sehwag was a genius and had some phenomenal shots to pull it off. Shaw also has the talent to be Shaw and pull off a great career but he will not be getting enough chances because of stuff competition.

All said and done, if somehow he manages to fluke a big knock in this tour, then we will have to pay for it next year in England where we will have 5 tests and he will perform exactly what I expect from him now in that tour.

can end up*

He is more or less at Sehwag level. However, Sehwag was a genius and had some phenomenal shots to pull it off. Shaw also has the talent to be Shaw and pull off a great career but he will not be getting enough chances because of stuff competition.

Imagine if I had said the same thing about Pant and Pandya here. I will be called anti indian by some insensitive trolls here lol.

Thing is there will always be at least 2-3 players in the team which won't convince you with their performance. For you its shaw for me they are Pant and Pandya. Shaw has played only 4 tests and averages 55 something. Now compare him to someone like Pant who is 23 years old and has played more than 50 international matches or Pandya. They have lot more failures to their names than a 7 international matches old Shaw.

I base my opinion on stats and how they performed in the past whereas you for example think that he will somehow fluke a knock and stay in the team. We all know how KL Rahul played in the last England tour so we really don't have many options. :inti

Bit of both.

But I am 100%sure Shaw is going to be star in the future. Gill too.

For Pakistan imo Haider is the next Babar esque player. Shafique can be a solid opener.

As for bowling, India have porel, Krishna and Tyagi. All 3 are legit. Tyagi in particular has the menace about him. He is very raw now. But he will get better with time.

Tyagi will have to wait unfortunately as India's front line bowlers are top notch.
More than him, porel is the real deal.

Do you guys think Gill will end up having a better career? I reckon Shaw will end up the bigger impact player in limited overs but Gill with the better average. One thing’s for sure, no other country in the world has this kind of drool-worthy upcoming batting talent.

Haider Ali, Tom Banton, Will Pucovski are the only other ones of that age group that come to mind, where you kinda have a gut feeling they’ll have good careers. Knock on wood.

India vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane on Tuesday conceded that pacer Ishant Sharma's absence is a "big miss" but side-stepped queries on his team's possible first XI combination for the opening Day/Night Test against Australia starting in Adelaide on Thursday. Rahane, who is expected to lead in the last three Tests after regular skipper Virat Kohli goes on paternity leave, also spoke about how pink ball's increased pace off the pitch during the 40-50 minutes of the twilight session, will be the biggest challenge for any batsman. "I think, we do really have a strong attack but yes we will definitely miss Ishant, being the senior fast bowler," Rahane said during a virtual press conference. Ishant is recovering from a rib injury sustained during the IPL.

Rahane, however, is confident that despite Ishant's absence, the pace attack comprising Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami will step it up for the Australians.

"The guys who are here Umesh (Yadav), (Navdeep) Sani, (Mohammed) Siraj with Jasprit (Bumrah) and (Mohammed) Shami, they are all really good and experienced and they know how to bowl in these conditions," he said. "...this is a new series starting with the pink ball, so it is all about getting that momentum, but I do believe that we have the attack to get 20 wickets," he said. On the possible opening combination among the four available options (Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, Shubman Gill and KL Rahul) and two options for wicketkeeping (Wriddhiman Saha and Rishabh Pant), Rahane said a decision will be taken on the eve of the match. "See, we have still not decided what's our combination going to be. We will sit tomorrow, there is another day to go, one more practice session to go, we will sit tomorrow and discuss what's our combination," Kohli's deputy said.

"...but see whoever plays, it is going to be like, everyone is equally there, everyone is equally talented, whoever plays, they can win the match for us, so it is all about trusting our players," Rahane said. He also didn't give any definitive answer on what would be senior spinner Ravichandran Ashwin's role although he did acknowledge that his all-round skills will be very handy going into the first Test.
Ad
"Ashwin's role will be very important. We all know that he is an experienced bowler, he has got variety in his bowling, so his role as a bowler and also as a batsman will be really important," he said. Twilight period in pink ball Test matches is very important and that has been well documented.
Ad
What Rahane added to the theory on the day was increase in speed off the pitch during a period of 40 to 50 minutes, which is not the case for normal red balls. "I feel in the day, the new pink ball slightly moves, but then after that it becomes easy to bat...when the twilight period comes, for 40-50 minutes, that becomes a bit challenging for the batsmen to focus," he said.

"The ball's pace increases, initially there is normal pace, but when lights are on and the twilight period starts, the pace increases off the wicket (surface)," he said. "In case of red ball, when we play throughout the day, the pace does not change suddenly, but with the pink ball, within 40-50 minutes, pace changes completely. It is very important to make adjustments there," he said. A chance to practice for a month and play two first-class games has been the best preparation ahead of the big ticket series, he said. "Quarantine was challenging, especially the first 14 days but luckily we got concessions and got the opportunity to practice during the quarantine period, so that was good preparation," he said. "We got that time this year, to practice, plan ourselves really well, went to do our training and skill sessions and obviously those two practice games really helped before the first Test match."

https://sports.ndtv.com/australia-v...mp=1&akamai-rum=off&__twitter_impression=true

Do you guys think Gill will end up having a better career? I reckon Shaw will end up the bigger impact player in limited overs but Gill with the better average. One thing’s for sure, no other country in the world has this kind of drool-worthy upcoming batting talent.

Haider Ali, Tom Banton, Will Pucovski are the only other ones of that age group that come to mind, where you kinda have a gut feeling they’ll have good careers. Knock on wood.

Gill is the only batsman with Tendulkar, Lara, Kohli level potential.

Shaw can be the next Sehwag. If posters here think that this will make Shaw a bigger impact player than Gill then well and good. I would back Shaw but not on cost of Gill.

Imagine if I had said the same thing about Pant and Pandya here. I will be called anti indian by some insensitive trolls here lol.

Thing is there will always be at least 2-3 players in the team which won't convince you with their performance. For you its shaw for me they are Pant and Pandya. Shaw has played only 4 tests and averages 55 something. Now compare him to someone like Pant who is 23 years old and has played more than 50 international matches or Pandya. They have lot more failures to their names than a 7 international matches old Shaw.

I base my opinion on stats and how they performed in the past whereas you for example think that he will somehow fluke a knock and stay in the team. We all know how KL Rahul played in the last England tour so we really don't have many options. :inti

But I also said he is similar to Sehwag. I just don't find sense in the comparison with Tendulkar. He needs to be given some time before he fixes his technique. In IPL, he had strings of games where he got out in the very first over which means quality pacers were easily working him out.

If you tomorrow come up and say that Pandya is not gonna reach Kapil level but can end up as good as Cairns/Flintoff level or if Pant is not gonna reach Dhoni level in LOIs but match Qdk level then that's not anti-Indian agenda.

India should open with Mayank and Rahul/Gill in tests IMO. Prithvi don't merit a place in Indian team based on current form and with his weaknesses very easily exploited by pacers around the world.

I think Shaw needs to come in a 6, has a shocking technique and if he doesn't tighten it up he will fall by the way side.

Gill looks like a gun, love his technique, even Border thinks Gill should make his debut in Adelaide.

Also, Shaw's technique was under question right from the NZ test series. Ghar par to Rishabh Pant also averages 92 in test cricket :))

Last edited:
Gill is the only batsman with Tendulkar, Lara, Kohli level potential.

Shaw can be the next Sehwag. If posters here think that this will make Shaw a bigger impact player than Gill then well and good. I would back Shaw but not on cost of Gill.

NhA they are all trash. Only Australian players are worth mentioning because they are so good at home conditions.

NhA they are all trash. Only Australian players are worth mentioning because they are so good at home conditions.

Can you tell me how was Shaw's performance in NZ and then in IPL? I am sure you were expecting a couple of hundreds from Shaw in NZ also.

Can you tell me how was Shaw's performance in NZ and then in IPL? I am sure you were expecting a couple of hundreds from Shaw in NZ also.

Whoops wrong poster. But anyway yea they are all trash I agree with you. Only Aussie players are good In their home conditions. What an achievement by the Australians.

Not directed at you but just curious though. Sena players dominate in their Condtions and they are then proclaimed to be the next big thing.
Yet Asian players do the same in Asia vs Sena teams, they are supposedly overrated.

I don't understand this logic. That's why Pakistan will never be a force in tests until they fix that mentality.

Last edited:
Justin Langer: 'We're going to be really well planned for Virat Kohli'

Let him score at least one 50 man :facepalm:

Whoops wrong poster. But anyway yea they are all trash I agree with you. Only Aussie players are good In their home conditions. What an achievement by the Australians.

Not directed at you but just curious though. Sena players dominate in their Condtions and they are then proclaimed to be the next big thing.
Yet Asian players do the same in Asia vs Sena teams, they are supposedly overrated.

I don't understand this logic. That's why Pakistan will never be a force in tests until they fix that mentality.

I don't agree with this logic. No SENA players gets hyped if they fail in Asia. Do you have any examples to prove your point?

I don't agree with this logic. No SENA players gets hyped if they fail in Asia. Do you have any examples to prove your point?

i have seen several pakistani posters overrate players purely because the said player represented a SENA nation like with puckowski, green. yet they will never praise the asian player for displaying his skillset in asian soil.

i have seen several pakistani posters overrate players purely because the said player represented a SENA nation like with puckowski, green. yet they will never praise the asian player for displaying his skillset in asian soil.

I agree, Pucovski right now is the U23 Bradman but Shaw is getting badnaam’d like no tomorrow. Pucovski has never played Test cricket let alone Test cricket in Asia and will probably become a proto-ATG like Labuschagne after some Aussie flat-track knocks against Pakistan, India plus one good Ashes.

Has Pucowski been compared to any legend? When Shaw came into scenes, he was straightaway compared to Tendulkar and Lara. Has Green been compared to Imran or Hadlee or Kapil or Botham yet?

If Labuschagne fails in Asia, he will get equally badnaam as Shaw. But Shaw hasn't performed against any top team away from home yet. Labuschagne has already performed against England in England. Look, Mayank has performed in Australia and at home and nobody criticises him.

Rabada came to India with much bigger pedigree yet he got badnaam after his failures in India. Steyn averages 25 in ODIs but is not considered a great ODI player. Morne Morkel has a test average of 27 but nobody talks much about him.

As I said, it goes both ways. Let's not play the victim mentality card. Tendulkar, Imran, Kohli, Wasim and all other greats get all the credit they deserve.

I agree, Pucovski right now is the U23 Bradman but Shaw is getting badnaam’d like no tomorrow. Pucovski has never played Test cricket let alone Test cricket in Asia and will probably become a proto-ATG like Labuschagne after some Aussie flat-track knocks against Pakistan, India plus one good Ashes.

That made me giggle for some reason lol

No other fans in the world deride home performances as much as Indians and Pakistanis do, almost as if it is a crime performing at home pitches.

Last edited:
No other fans in the world deride home performances as much as Indians and Pakistanis do, almost as if it is a crime performing at home pitches.

especially pakistnais and until they fix that mentality, they will never be number 1 in tests or odi.

indians dont do it as much hence they are a top side.

Has Pucowski been compared to any legend? When Shaw came into scenes, he was straightaway compared to Tendulkar and Lara. Has Green been compared to Imran or Hadlee or Kapil or Botham yet?

If Labuschagne fails in Asia, he will get equally badnaam as Shaw. But Shaw hasn't performed against any top team away from home yet. Labuschagne has already performed against England in England. Look, Mayank has performed in Australia and at home and nobody criticises him.

Rabada came to India with much bigger pedigree yet he got badnaam after his failures in India. Steyn averages 25 in ODIs but is not considered a great ODI player. Morne Morkel has a test average of 27 but nobody talks much about him.

As I said, it goes both ways. Let's not play the victim mentality card. Tendulkar, Imran, Kohli, Wasim and all other greats get all the credit they deserve.

puckowski was compared to warner and hayden
green now is the next watson. infact he is already better than watson. he will be destined for greatness.

some pakistanis actually posted that not too long ago.

labuscagne lmao. another one. Yea he scored in england and australia but he hasnt done sh*t in asia. Until he performs in asia, especially against india in india which is the fortress, he is a nobody to me. Not australia. india is the real fortress. No one can breach that. australia has been breached before even at full strength by the saffers. Beating virat's india in india is the real test for any cricketing nation.

mayank is every bit as good as labuschagne yet for some reason fans will overrate labu for some performances in englund. give mayank some county experience like labu and i have no doubt he would do just as well.

mayank came off the couch and smacked around australia's best ever bowling attack of all time. but he must be a flat track bully rofl.

asian players do get written off quicker by ASIANS themselves lmao. thats the funny part.

I dont care what anyone says, the same rule needs to apply for players of SENA descent. I dont give a damn about their performances in SENA as they are familiar with those conditions. Same for jamieson. AUkAt will be tested in asia.

Now jamieson is the next hadlee at the moment. I cant wait to see that height bully come to india or hell pakistan.

Last edited:
especially pakistnais and until they fix that mentality, they will never be number 1 in tests or odi.

Past Legends
Shane Warne averages 43 in India, 28 in Pak
Gilchrist averages 28.50 in India
The mighty Dennis Lillie averages 101 in Pak and 36 in SL, never toured India
Ponting averages 26 in India
Lara averages 33 in India

Current Greats/potential greats
Williamson averages 35 in India
Broad averages an impressive 54 in India with the bowl
Ross Taylor averages 25 in India
De Kock averages 26 in India

The way we Asian fans scrutinize our own is almost evil [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

Last edited:
Past Legends

The way we Asian fans scrutinize our own is almost evil [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION]

great rabada. ATG rabada who i love btw averages 45 in india.
warner averages 29

johnson lol his average in india
starc ? 50 plus in india
cummins is barely 31 in india

yet shami averages 30 odd in australia now is not a great bowler. get the hell out of here back to whichever country you come from. not you hyperion. posters know who they are. shoaib is an ATG with his 40 plus average in australia but shami wont get the same respect despite playing in an even more batsman friendly era.

great rabada. ATG rabada who i love btw averages 45 in india.
warner averages 29

johnson lol his average in india
starc ? 50 plus in india
cummins is barely 31 in india

yet shami averages 30 odd in australia now is not a great bowler. get the hell out of here back to whichever country you come from. not you hyperion. posters know who they are. shoaib is an ATG with his 40 plus average in australia but shami wont get the same respect despite playing in an even more batsman friendly era.

SENA bowlers thrashed in Asia: Dead pitches, dustbowls, roads, pancakes etc etc.
Indians struggle in green pitches: How you no play swing under cloud bro?

Like ***!!

I pray Pakistan becomes a bunch of good home-track bullies now that we’re playing at home finally :D ignore the gloom brigade

Past Legends

Calm down. Some fans also think that Pant is better than Dhoni because of his hundreds in Aus and Eng. Now why do they think like that? I will let you figure that out. :inti

Past Legends

Failing in one country is allowed for everyone. Ross Taylor and Stuart Broad are not considered as ATGs.

Gilchrist is a wicket keeper batsman. Name one Asian keeper with an average of over 45 or anywhere close to that in tests?

Kapil Dev has also failed in Pakistan and England but is considered as ATG. Even Imran and Kohli have also failed in one or two country.

Rahul Dravid has also failed in Aus and SA and is considered an ATG. Same for Sangakkara, Sehwag and Miandad.

Ponting has failed in India but he did great Vs Murali in Sri Lanka and did well Vs Pakistan and other SWENA nations.

Lara had only three innings in India but again he did better than anyone against Murali in Sri Lanka.

Dennis Lillee is a different case. He is rated for being a revolutionary of pure fast bowling. Sri Lanka were minnows back.

Philander failed poorly in Asia. He averages 22 but is not rated as ATG.

Johnson is not rated as ATG. Starc is not rated highly enough in tests. Warner is considered a home track bully. They had some other guys like Voges who averaged 60+ but is not rated highly.

The scrutiny between Indian and Pakistan fans will always be there for obvious reasons, that doesn't mean the players don't get the credit they deserve.

Failing in one country is allowed for everyone. Ross Taylor and Stuart Broad are not considered as ATGs.

Gilchrist is a wicket keeper batsman. Name one Asian keeper with an average of over 45 or anywhere close to that in tests?

Kapil Dev has also failed in Pakistan and England but is considered as ATG. Even Imran and Kohli have also failed in one or two country.

Rahul Dravid has also failed in Aus and SA and is considered an ATG. Same for Sangakkara, Sehwag and Miandad.

Ponting has failed in India but he did great Vs Murali in Sri Lanka and did well Vs Pakistan and other SWENA nations.

Lara had only three innings in India but again he did better than anyone against Murali in Sri Lanka.

Dennis Lillee is a different case. He is rated for being a revolutionary of pure fast bowling. Sri Lanka were minnows back.

Johnson is not rated as ATG. Starc is not rated highly enough in tests. Warner is considered a home track bully. They had some other guys like Voges who averaged 60+ but is not rated highly.

The scrutiny between Indian and Pakistan fans will always be there for obvious reasons, that doesn't mean the players don't get the credit they deserve.

Excellent post. Agree 100% with this post. :inti

Calm down. Some fans also think that Pant is better than Dhoni because of his hundreds in Aus and Eng. Now why do they think like that? I will let you figure that out. :inti

pant i dont even like the kid but he is way more talented than the hack i.e dhoni. dhoni was a physical beast. he thrived off that. As soon as he lost his explosiveness with regards to his bat speed and power, he declined rather quickly.

dhoni was a great odi/t20 player but he was always an average wicketkeeper batsman in tests outside india everywhere.

no if asian bowlers and SENA bowlers have similar stats. degenerates from asia would definitely pick the SENA bowler or batsman as the better player because well they like to lick the booty of SENA athletes for some reason.

I pray Pakistan becomes a bunch of good home-track bullies now that we’re playing at home finally :D ignore the gloom brigade

smash the SENA with vengeance. Decimate them like how misbah made the aussies cry. Loved it when the big old misbah and younis wrecked the poms and then drew away as well.

Excellent post. Agree 100% with this post. :inti

Thanks bro. We really need to cut down this minnow level mentality. When Dhoni retired, Michael Vaughan praised him by claiming that he was probably the greatest LOI captain of all-time. You can also see the amount of praise and respect Australians give to Virat Kohli. If you perform, you will get the due credit.

SENA bowlers thrashed in Asia: Dead pitches, dustbowls, roads, pancakes etc etc.
Indians struggle in green pitches: How you no play swing under cloud bro?

Like ***!!

ofcourse indains will struggle in swing pitches. we dont bloody play county. aussies play county before the ashes and are familiar with england conditions in general. More importantly they play the ashes as a separate series without the inclusion of short format cricket which is humongous advantage. if they dint, short fomrats series usually takes place post ashes series.

playing on flat asian pitches requires a different skillset. Not doctoring of pitches. if anything SENA doctor their pitches more than asians do. Atleast asians produce fair batting pitches and takes toss out of the equation.

Thanks bro. We really need to cut down this minnow level mentality. When Dhoni retired, Michael Vaughan praised him by claiming that he was probably the greatest LOI captain of all-time. You can also see the amount of praise and respect Australians give to Virat Kohli. If you perform, you will get the due credit.

victim ? lmao. no one requires praise from aussies or englishmen. who the hell are they ?
I am talking about our own bloody people. They disrespect our players for performing well in asia yet praise home track bullies from SENA.

victim ? lmao. no one requires praise from aussies or englishmen. who the hell are they ?
I am talking about our own bloody people. They disrespect our players for performing well in asia yet praise home track bullies from SENA.

As I said, Indian and Pakistan fans will always have this hypocrisy among their players for obvious reasons. That's not gonna change. But at the end of the day, most Pakistanis respect Kohli and most Indians also respect Babar.

I am calm. We are not discussing Dhoni and Pant here. The topic is the general insecurity of a large section of sub-continental fans who dissect the stats of Asian players in every possible way while refrain from applying the same procedure to SENA greats.

Now on Dhoni-Pant, despite his promising start in tests Pant still has a long way to go to surpass Dhoni who himself is not an ATG in tests. Dhoni has contributed greatly and is retired now while Pant is yet to establish himself as a team regular. So couldn't care any less about what 'Some Fans' think about them.

I am calm. We are not discussing Dhoni and Pant here. The topic is the general insecurity of a large section of sub-continental fans who dissect the stats of Asian players in every possible way while refrain from applying the same procedure to SENA greats.

Now on Dhoni-Pant, despite his promising start in tests Pant still has a long way to go to surpass Dhoni who himself is not an ATG in tests. Dhoni has contributed greatly and is retired now while Pant is yet to establish himself as a team regular. So couldn't care any less about what 'Some Fans' think about them.

if pant performs and scores over 30 average in the series he is already ahead of dhoni imo.
pant just needs to back this up in england and new zeland when he tours away.

dhoni averages 19 in australi
37 in england
53 in n.z albeit at a time when mccullum scored 300 on a flat patta
21 in south africa

he is already ahead in australia and possibly south africa soon.
england is next. n.z will be tough away as he may not get much chances to play there.

i dont even like pant btw but even i admit he is talented.

Have you interacted with England, NZ, African and Aussie fans? How they rate the performance of their players in foreign(Asian) conditions? This argument is incomplete without their opinions. Most of the players lose their places in the team when they continously fail in foreign tours. And that is true for every country. :inti

if pant performs and scores over 30 average in the series he is already ahead of dhoni imo.
pant just needs to back this up in england and new zeland when he tours away.

dhoni averages 19 in australi
37 in england
53 in n.z albeit at a time when mccullum scored 300 on a flat patta
21 in south africa

he is already ahead in australia and possibly south africa soon.
england is next. n.z will be tough away as he may not get much chances to play there.

i dont even like pant btw but even i admit he is talented.

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to prove. You yourself are putting Pant ahead of Dhoni because of Pant's hundreds in Aus and Eng which means you are ignoring Dhoni's performances in Asia like conditions. How are you different from those fans who downplay performances of asian players in asia then lol? :inti

For the first test, Indian team would do better by watching and noting (what worked) how Pak and Nz played Aussies in the D/N tests before and almost defeated them.

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to prove. You yourself are putting Pant ahead of Dhoni because of Pant's hundreds in Aus and Eng which means you are ignoring Dhoni's performances in Asia like conditions. How are you different from those fans who downplay performances of asian players in asia then lol? :inti

Checkmate [MENTION=150610]tyron_woodley[/MENTION] :broad

Have you interacted with England, NZ, African and Aussie fans? How they rate the performance of their players in foreign(Asian) conditions? This argument is incomplete without their opinions. Most of the players lose their places in the team when they continously fail in foreign tours. And that is true for every country. :inti

Actually I did, both online and real life. I used to be a real cricket fanatic in my early 20s lol. Thanks to my job got to visit quite a few cricket playing nations and interacted with people there. Purely based on my personal observation I can tell that general cricket fans from SENA do not wildly differentiate between home and away performances like we do. For example Smith's achievements are appreciated but they are not by and large bothered about Ponting or Warne's dismal records in India. Kiwi fans are even more liberal. English appreciates performance everywhere while performing in AUS is rated very highly. It is only the Asian fans that takes the performance analysis to Biblical heights.

Players losing their place has got less to do with fans more to do with selectors and management. I am strictly talking about fans here.

Because pant baby averages 92 in India my boy.
:Apology

Checkmate [MENTION=150610]tyron_woodley[/MENTION] :broad

Are you sure? Might want to check plant's average In India.

Besides pant in first class averages almost 50 vs quality bowlers like Shami, bumrah, Ishant etc in ranji unlike Dhoni who averages 38 in first class cricket vs the likes of Vinay Kumar etc.

Because pant baby averages 92 in India my boy.
:Apology

Pant baby's overall average : 38
Home avg after just 2 tests against mighty West Indies lol : 92
Away avg after 11 tests : 33

Dhoni's overall avg : 38
Home avg after 42 tests : 45
Away avg after 48 tests : 32

Dhoni played in Sri Lanka(averages 32 against strong bowling attacks of Sri Lanka), Bangladesh(where he averages 96) and Pakistan(averages almost 60).

Apart from Australia Pant hasn't performed anywhere abroad but yeah he is already better than Dhoni lol. Also if you think Pant will continue to average 92 at home then you are delusional. His home average will come down which in turn will bring down his overall average. He is yet to play in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. He failed in West Indies too. :inti

One of the biggest weaknesses Indian team has is not being able to get the tail out quickly. Often the 6-11 batsmen from the opposition team end up hurting India badly. Kohli & Co needs to fix this issue if it were to win the series again.

Pant baby's overall average : 38
Home avg after just 2 tests against mighty West Indies lol : 92
Away avg after 11 tests : 33

Dhoni's overall avg : 38
Home avg after 42 tests : 45
Away avg after 48 tests : 32

Dhoni played in Sri Lanka(averages 32 against strong bowling attacks of Sri Lanka), Bangladesh(where he averages 96) and Pakistan(averages almost 60).

Apart from Australia Pant hasn't performed anywhere abroad but yeah he is already better than Dhoni lol. Also if you think Pant will continue to average 92 at home then you are delusional. His home average will come down which in turn will bring down his overall average. He is yet to play in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. He failed in West Indies too. :inti

Pant averages 50 in first class vs quality bowlers.

Dhoni averaged 36 in first class vs dog feces level bowlers at the time.

Pant will smash Lanka around with ease.

You don't think pant can smash Pakistan in u.a.e lol? On those wickets.

I agree pant has a long way to go but it would be stupid to write him off. He is 22.

I am 100% sure he will end up being a greater keeper than Dhoni hack Bhai.

I can guarantee pant would average much higher than Dhoni ever did in Asia.

He will also fare better in australua and South Africa than Dhoni ever did.

Not sure about englund though. Pant can't play swing. Dhoni for some reason actually plays better in swing conditions.

Pant averages 50 in first class vs quality bowlers.

Dhoni averaged 36 in first class vs dog feces level bowlers at the time.

Pant will smash Lanka around with ease.

You don't think pant can smash Pakistan in u.a.e lol? On those wickets.

I agree pant has a long way to go but it would be stupid to write him off. He is 22.

I am 100% sure he will end up being a greater keeper than Dhoni hack Bhai.

Now it has come to first class cricket lol? :inti

My team for 2nd test vs Australia:-

Mayank Agarwal
Shubhman Gill
Cheteshwar Pujara
Ajinkya Rahane (c)
KL Rahul
Hanumana Vihari
Rishabh Pant (wkt)
Ravindra Jadeja
Umesh Yadav
Mohammad Shami
Jasprit Bumrah

:inti

KL Rahul need to open for India. Its criminal to keep a batsman of his calibre in bench. He is your 50+ avg test opener and is bound to have a great test career. So as soon as we realize that and keep him in the park, it will benefit team India.

Like I was proven right with Pandya in LOI series, mark my words - (if given a chance) KL Rahul's ressurection in test cricket starts from Australia tour. So all these debate about Gill or Shaw...park them aside and let Rahul open.

Mayank
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Pant :inti
Ashwin
Bumrah
Shami
Umesh

Last edited:
KL Rahul need to open for India. Its criminal to keep a batsman of his calibre in bench. He is your 50+ avg test opener and is bound to have a great test career. So as soon as we realize that and keep him in the park, it will benefit team India.

Like I was proven right with Pandya in LOI series, mark my words - (if given a chance) KL Rahul's ressurection in test cricket starts from Australia tour. So all these debate about Gill or Shaw...park them aside and let Rahul open.

Mayank
Rahul
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Pant :inti
Ashwin
Bumrah
Shami
Umesh

Hell no. He is tested as opener and he was a failure.

He needs to play only in middle order.

It's a shame kohli will miss majority of the series, this could have been a hum dinger of a series.

Hell no. He is tested as opener and he was a failure.

He needs to play only in middle order.
Even in white ball cricket, he has struggled when the ball moved. He just don’t have the technique to be an opener. Besides, we have plenty of options.

Back