India tour of Australia (2020/21)

John Buchanan to Sportstar said that Sourav Ganguly and Virat Kohli took the Indian Australian rivalry to next level. Once Sourav took over, he instilled of not only playing, but also a different way of conducting against Australia, Kohli has done the same thing for Indian team.

May be they know the D/N test is off.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, if the first Test match between India and Australia has been shifted from Adelaide, the MCG is likely to be the alternative venue.

Josh Hazlewood prefers to play at The Gabba if Adelaide is unable to host the 1st Test match between India and Australia.

According to The Sydney Morning Herald, if the first Test match between India and Australia has been shifted from Adelaide, the MCG is likely to be the alternative venue.

Day or D/N ? I think they should go with a pink ball Test at the MCG. It'll be a blockbuster.

Josh Hazlewood prefers to play at The Gabba if Adelaide is unable to host the 1st Test match between India and Australia.
Queensland is closed to anyone who has been in Sydney in the previous 14 days.

India plays a T20i in Sydney on 8 December and the First Test starts on 17 December - so it can’t be held at Brisbane.

Good news for Indian fans, Wriddhiman Saha is back in the nets for practicing for Border Gavaskar Trophy.

Better than not having any match or risk spreading the virus, no?

NhA that's not fair to Australia then.
India would get used to playing in Sydney and would acclimate easier. It's not the same as playing in different cities like Perth and Melbourne etc as they have a more conventional bouncy pitch.

Really don't understand why they are running risk of travelling to different cities

Play the 4 tests in same city on different pitch/nearby grounds and plz keep crowd away

Now is not time to talk about tradition or advantage or tactics.

This tour will be a success of it gets done without any case load increase and without causing any inadvertent spread in public.
Those are most important factors- not mcg or Gabba pitch or D/N

Ishant Sharma has successfully cleared the fitness test, he'll take a flight for Australia soon and will play the whole Test series.

The drop-in pitches at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) which will host the second Test between India and Australia have not been tested and it is a cause of concern, says Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC) chief executive Stuart Fox.

“It is a concern for me because I would like to give them every opportunity to trial the pitches ...,” Fox was quoted as saying by ‘Sydney Morning Herald’.

“... we (were to have had) a Test event the other day and Cricket Victoria were supporting us, we were meant to have players and a two-day game and we had the pitch ready to go but the game got cancelled the night before and that was really, ultimately, the result of the situation in South Australia.”

The opening round matches of Sheffield Shield were held in Adelaide instead of MCG due to the COVID-19 outbreak at Melbourne and also plans to have a two-day trial match at the MCG this week also couldn’t materialise due to the spread of virus in Adelaide.

“It demonstrates how vulnerable we still are day by day. Ideally, we would love to have a game and we are still working on that but, ultimately, it may not happen,” Fox said. The unprecedented situation has left curator Matt Page in a spot but Fox backed him to deliver a pitch which will be able to retain a high rating.

“Matt is in a good spot. He produced a really good pitch last year that got a really good rating and he knows his trade. He is year three in and he is starting to deeply understand our pitches compared to where he was,” Fox said. The Boxing Day Test will start on December 26.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...mcc-ceo-fox/story-8IryFHTa9c4XVgJQXBUdtO.html

Five of six Dettol ODI & T20 INTL matches sold out

Five of the six matches in the highly anticipated Dettol ODI and T20 International Series between the Australian and Indian men’s teams have sold out today after tickets went on sale this morning.

The second and third Dettol ODIs at the SCG and Manuka Oval respectively have been exhausted, while the Manuka Oval T20 INTL and two SCG T20s are sold out.

Limited tickets to the first Dettol ODI on November 27 at the SCG remain, with approximately 1,900 public seats left.

Both the SCG and Manuka Oval will be at 50% capacity for series, with fans voting with their feet after ticket prices were frozen from the last time India came to Australia in 2018/19.

Anthony Everard, Cricket Australia’s Executive General Manager of Fan Engagement, said that it showed fans can’t wait for the men’s international season to begin.

“The rivalry between the Australian and Indian men’s cricket teams is one of the greatest in international sport and this series is shaping up as an epic,” Everard said.

“It’s been fantastic to see so much interest in the Dettol ODI and T20I Series, with the high demand starting from yesterday with our pre-sale period offered to the Australian Cricket Family.”

“It didn’t take long today for things to move quickly, with now just a couple of thousand tickets remaining for the first ODI on November 27 at the SCG.”

“We’re extremely grateful to the NSW and ACT Government for working with us to bring cricket to Sydney and Canberra, and this shows how strong the love for the game is.”

“The safety of our fans will still be our number one priority, so communications to ticket holders will be occurring to ensure our COVIDSafe plans are executed effectively.”

James Allsopp, Cricket ACT CEO, said that there was some genuine excitement building in Canberra ahead of the two T20Is.

“It’s fantastic to have such high quality international cricket coming to the ACT this summer and I’m not surprised that fans have acted so quickly to ensure they have a seat,” he said.

“Both games at Manuka are going to be fierce contests, and we look forward to welcoming the Australian and Indian teams to Canberra.”

“With such high demand, it’s inevitable that some fans may have missed out, but there is plenty of other cricket to come with BBL matches in Canberra.”

Five of six Dettol ODI & T20 INTL matches sold out

Five of the six matches in the highly anticipated Dettol ODI and T20 International Series between the Australian and Indian men’s teams have sold out today after tickets went on sale this morning.

The second and third Dettol ODIs at the SCG and Manuka Oval respectively have been exhausted, while the Manuka Oval T20 INTL and two SCG T20s are sold out.

Limited tickets to the first Dettol ODI on November 27 at the SCG remain, with approximately 1,900 public seats left.

Both the SCG and Manuka Oval will be at 50% capacity for series, with fans voting with their feet after ticket prices were frozen from the last time India came to Australia in 2018/19.

Anthony Everard, Cricket Australia’s Executive General Manager of Fan Engagement, said that it showed fans can’t wait for the men’s international season to begin.

“The rivalry between the Australian and Indian men’s cricket teams is one of the greatest in international sport and this series is shaping up as an epic,” Everard said.

“It’s been fantastic to see so much interest in the Dettol ODI and T20I Series, with the high demand starting from yesterday with our pre-sale period offered to the Australian Cricket Family.”

“It didn’t take long today for things to move quickly, with now just a couple of thousand tickets remaining for the first ODI on November 27 at the SCG.”

“We’re extremely grateful to the NSW and ACT Government for working with us to bring cricket to Sydney and Canberra, and this shows how strong the love for the game is.”

“The safety of our fans will still be our number one priority, so communications to ticket holders will be occurring to ensure our COVIDSafe plans are executed effectively.”

James Allsopp, Cricket ACT CEO, said that there was some genuine excitement building in Canberra ahead of the two T20Is.

“It’s fantastic to have such high quality international cricket coming to the ACT this summer and I’m not surprised that fans have acted so quickly to ensure they have a seat,” he said.

“Both games at Manuka are going to be fierce contests, and we look forward to welcoming the Australian and Indian teams to Canberra.”

“With such high demand, it’s inevitable that some fans may have missed out, but there is plenty of other cricket to come with BBL matches in Canberra.”

Good to hear. I am expecting mostly Indians in the crowd, albeit only 50% capacity.

Border said he was "very confident" of Australia's chances this time around, predicting a 2-1 win thanks to their quality bowling attack and batting line-up strengthened by Smith and Warner.

Good to hear. I am expecting mostly Indians in the crowd, albeit only 50% capacity.

Why would you expect this? All fans are eager to get out and see some sport and if anything, there will be far fewer travelling Indian fans. Of course there are plenty of Indian nationals working in Oz & Indian-Australians in many thousands too. But this is a big series for all fans.

News of moving the 1st Test is false by the way.

CA statements say they remain committed to holding the Test at Adelaide.

Recent low case numbers (zero and three) and the discovery that the key transfer virus person was lying about their movements/how they contracted the disease means authorities are far less worried about community transfer than they were.

He lied about catching the disease as a customer apparently to disguise the fact the was working for cash in hand (illegal work practice to avoid taxes and/or also gain govt benefits) at the pizza place. (or so say my relatives in Adelaide)

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...d-with-woodville-pizza-bar-employee-c-1618380

He must now be the least popular man in Adelaide!

Last edited:
KL Rahul will be Virat Kohli's deputy in the white-ball leg since regular vice-captain Rohit Sharma is recuperating from a hamstring injury sustained during IPL

It turns out that the lockdown was caused by a foreign holder of a temporary graduate visa (who was illegally working in a pizza shop) lying to contact tracers about when he was at the pizza shop.

The SA government did brilliantly locking down as they did, but it turns out that the danger has passed.

It was a false alarm, and Adelaide can reopen now. And the liar will be deported back to wherever he came from. He’s certainly not welcome here!

Last edited:
Ricky Ponting has questioned the wisdom of asking David Warner for his opinion on the battle to be his opening partner in the first Test against India.

Selectors will consult with Warner and forensically study Will Pucovski and Joe Burns’ form in tour games before making a call regarding Australia’s opening partnership for the Adelaide Oval clash.

Pucovski and Burns are set to open together for Australia A in Sydney next month.

Chairman of selectors Trevor Hohns indicated those games could potentially decide whether the upstart or the incumbent is picked for the series opener that starts on December 17, adding that selectors would also seek Warner’s opinion.

“He (Warner) is a very senior player, he’s very experienced,” Hohns said.

Scroll back up to restore default view.
“It's important he's comfortable as well, provided we are of course, with the person he opens with.

“It goes a long way in forming an opening partnership ... we certainly do consult players on such issues.”

However Aussie legend Ponting says he doesn’t understand that logic.

“I'm surprised they’re even asking (Warner), to be honest,” Ponting told cricket.com.au.

“I know what they're talking about because they have done well when they've played together. It’s an interesting thing for a selector to come out and say.

“At the end of the day, they've just got to pick who they think the best player is.

“And if they think their best player and best option is Joe Burns, then stick with him. If they think Pucovski is a better player here and now, they should go with him.”

Tim Paine says he expects Burns to be retained in Australia's XI for the series opener against India, suggesting the opener’s recent slump should not overshadow his Test record.

Pucovski demanded selection in Australia's 17-man squad for the four-Test series, having become just the eighth player to score consecutive double-centuries in the Sheffield Shield.

Former captains Ian Chappell, Mark Taylor, Michael Clarke and Kim Hughes have called for Pucovski to debut at Adelaide Oval in light of his sparkling form and the struggles of Burns, who managed just 57 runs from five knocks in the Shield hub.

Paine, speaking to reporters after being confirmed as Hobart Hurricanes’ latest signing, is not a selector but made it clear he believes Burns should not be dropped.

“Burnsy had a really good summer for us last year with David Warner, their partnership and relationship is a really important one for our team,” the Test captain said.

“They got us off to a number of good starts last year.

“Burnsy hasn’t been in the form that he would like or scored the runs he would like.

“But we know he does a good job.

“He averages close to 40 in Test cricket for Australia, which is a great effort opening the batting, and I expect him to start this summer.”

Burns was recalled at the start of 2019-20 and played all five Tests of that season, sharing an opening stand worth 100 runs or more with Warner on six occasions.

The Queenslander scored 97 in that summer's first Test against Pakistan then tallied 159 runs from his next seven Test knocks.

with AAP

Had no idea the COVID situation in Australia had improved this much. New Zealand you can expect this from since they literally have a handful of cases.

In Border Gavaskar Trophy
Players to Pick Fifer in Both Innings

McGrath (2000)
Harbhajan (2001)
Harbhajan (2001)
Harbhajan (2004)
Kumble (2004)
Ashwin (2013)
Lyon (2014)
S O'Keefe (2017)

Only 2 players Scored Century in Both Innings of Border Gavaskar Trophy

David Warner (145, 102)
Virat Kohli (115, 141)

So sky channel 717 (star) is showing this series in UK? Can someone please confirm this

So sky channel 717 (star) is showing this series in UK? Can someone please confirm this

Yes

India: Sony Ten 1, Sony Ten 3, Sony Six

Australia: Fox Sports

New Zealand: SKY Sport NZ

UK: Sky Sports Cricket

South Africa: SuperSport

Bangladesh: Gazi TV

Canada: ATN Cricket Plus

USA: Willow TV, Hotstar

Malaysia: Astro Cricket HD

MENA (Middle East and North Africa) countries: OSN Sports Cricket HD

Live streaming: SonyLiv, Sky Go, Now TV

No.

Star and Hotstar dont have rights for this series....I confirmed with them. In India, it will be on SonyLiv, so I was wondering if Sony Max (715) will show it in UK. But does not appear it to be the case. Only BT Sports 1 will live telecast the matches. I am taking BT sports monthly pass which is 25£/month for 2 months.

Yes

Nope. Its not on Sky Sports in UK.

Yes

No.

Star and Hotstar dont have rights for this series....I confirmed with them. In India, it will be on SonyLiv, so I was wondering if Sony Max (715) will show it in UK. But does not appear it to be the case. Only BT Sports 1 will live telecast the matches. I am taking BT sports monthly pass which is 25£/month for 2 months.

This is confusing guys. I can’t find any promotion of this series on Sky sports, online it says it will be shown on 717...that makes no sense either because this is a high profile series and it wouldn’t be broadcasted for free on Star Gold.

Need confirmation to upgrade to BT sports if that’s where they are showing it. Will the Pak v New Zealand series also be broadcast on BT?

This is confusing guys. I can’t find any promotion of this series on Sky sports, online it says it will be shown on 717...that makes no sense either because this is a high profile series and it wouldn’t be broadcasted for free on Star Gold.

Need confirmation to upgrade to BT sports if that’s where they are showing it. Will the Pak v New Zealand series also be broadcast on BT?

All games in NZ, SA, IND, ENG, WI plus CPL, IPL, LPL- Sky Sports have rights.

All matches in Australia + BBL - BT Sports have rights

So Pak vs NZ will be on Sky Sports.

Will you be able to share the source where it says 717 will telecast India tour of Australia? I can save some money if thats the case :)

But as you rightly said, i doubt BT will allow it to be telecasted anywhere else as they have copyright on this series in UK.

Sunil Gavaskar to Sportstar said that Mohammed Shami has a fabulous bouncer. If he gets it right on target, then you can be pretty certain batsmen won't be able to negotiate him.

Ravi Shastri to ABC Sport said that it'll be tough for Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma to play the Border Gavaskar Trophy if they fails to take the flight in the coming 4-5 days.

Ok, found a source that says it will be broadcasted on BT sports.

I’ll go ahead and subscribe

CK Nayudu XI (Kohli) vs Ranjitsinhji XI (KL Rahul) - the first Intra-Squad match

CK Nayudu XI won by 5 wickets in the first Intra-Squad match, they chase down 236 runs in 35.4 overs.
Virat Kohli 91 runs from 58 balls and KL Rahul 83 runs from 66 balls in the Intra Squad practice match.

Last edited:
Ravi Shastri to ABC Sport said that it'll be tough for Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma to play the Border Gavaskar Trophy if they fails to take the flight in the coming 4-5 days.

I really hope Ishant makes the tour.

It’s not showing on the Sky sports schedule

Only South Africa v England and Lanka League fixtures

Massive confusion and Sky should make it public which series they will be broadcasting. Normally matches in NZ are always on Sky but West Indies tour of NZ is not listed on their tv schedule. Have they now lost rights of NZ too? Will they not show Pak tour of NZ as well? They should atleast keep their customers aware by email.

Last year they lost the rights of broadcasting BCCI matches and Hotstar UK/channel 717 (Star Gold) was showing India games/IPL. Suddenly this year they shown IPL. Does it mean they will now show all BCCI matches again with Eng touring India in January?

Full confusion bro.

Massive confusion and Sky should make it public which series they will be broadcasting. Normally matches in NZ are always on Sky but West Indies tour of NZ is not listed on their tv schedule. Have they now lost rights of NZ too? Will they not show Pak tour of NZ as well? They should atleast keep their customers aware by email.

Last year they lost the rights of broadcasting BCCI matches and Hotstar UK/channel 717 (Star Gold) was showing India games/IPL. Suddenly this year they shown IPL. Does it mean they will now show all BCCI matches again with Eng touring India in January?

Full confusion bro.

The people who suffer are the us, the british customers who want to pay decent money to watch decent coverage in HD rather than the Cr@p coverage we get on PTV or Hum Masala. BT really has made a mess of a lot of things, was so much simple when it was just Sky sports

Full confusion bro.

All England fixtures home and away are on sky .

India without captain Virat Kohli in Tests will be akin to Australia without Steve Smith and David Warner, according to former Australia fast bowler Geoff Lawson.

India will be missing Kohli in upcoming Test series in Australia as the 32-year-old right hander will return home for the birth of his child after the first Test.

"India without Virat Kohli will be like Australia without Smith and Warner. It's not just the runs he makes, but the way he lifts the psyche of the whole group," Lawson wrote in his column for the Sydney Morning Herald.

With 7,240 runs at an average of 53.62, Kohli is the highest run scorer in the Indian squad for the Tests and is ranked in the ICC rankings for the longest format of the game behind Smith.

India had won the previous Test series they played in Australia with the hosts missing Smith and Warner and still reeling from the aftermath of the 2018 ball tampering scandal

Since the duo came back, however, Australia have experienced a reversal in fortune culminating in them pipping India at the top of the ICC Test Championship earlier this month.

Lawson said that Australia's biggest strength now compared to what they had before the 2018/19 Test series against India is that they have options. "Australia have risen on the back of drawing away with England and then beating a well-below-strength New Zealand and thumping a classic Pakistan at home last summer. And as the international season looms, No.1 Test nation Australia finds itself in an unusual situation: there are options for batting spots," said Lawson.

"Indian cricketers will be expecting the unexpected. They will be a handful, given they are defending the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, won on Australian soil for the first time two years ago, and their fast bowling group continues to grow in stature," he said.

https://www.indiatvnews.com/sports/...out-smith-and-warner-says-geoff-lawson-666668

Last edited:

Full confusion bro.

Sky's deal with New Zealand Cricket expired last winter. I'm given to understand that those rights remain unsold as of now.

In fact, the NZC have been struggling to shift international rights outside Australia. Amazon bought the rights in India after Star turned them down, but somehow don't see them going for it in the UK.

Given the struggles of the West Indies, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, South Africa, and New Zealand to sell tv rights over the last couple of years, it's imperative that these boards start negotiating with tv companies on a collective basis.

Sky's deal with New Zealand Cricket expired last winter. I'm given to understand that those rights remain unsold as of now.

In fact, the NZC have been struggling to shift international rights outside Australia. Amazon bought the rights in India after Star turned them down, but somehow don't see them going for it in the UK.

Given the struggles of the West Indies, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, South Africa, and New Zealand to sell tv rights over the last couple of years, it's imperative that these boards start negotiating with tv companies on a collective basis.

So matches will be on Amazon prime?

But Amazon prime is not television broadcasting company or channel,it is an online platform like Netflix.

Amazon has increasingly been swooping up sports rights in Europe. This NZ cricket deal is their first foray in the Indian sports market. Matches will be exclusive to Prime subscribers.

I imagine that for Indian tours to New Zealand, there might be a distribution mechanism with Doordarshan on terrestrial tv.

Amazon Prime won't be live streaming New Zealand Vs West Indies and New Zealand Vs Pakistan series on their platform as their commitment starts from late 2021. They do have the rights for the series, they'll sell to TV broadcasters and it looks either it'll be Dsport or no one.

According to InsideSport - The Ad rates range for 10-second slot in the TV telecast for India vs Australia series are:

T20 - 7 to 7.5 Lakh
ODI - 5 to 6 Lakh
Test - 1 to 2 Lakh

Ravi Shastri (in Sportstar) "If there wasn't 14 day quarantine, Kohli would have played 4th Test.

Test veteran David Warner says fellow opener Joe Burns has done nothing wrong but admits the Queenslander's "bat-off" with Will Pucovski next week could ultimately mean Warner has a new partner at the top of the order.

Selection debate heading into next month's first test against India has primarily focused on whether Burns, 31, retains his spot alongside Warner or surging Victorian Pucovksi, 22, is handed a maiden baggy green cap come December 17 in Adelaide.

Burns has the support of coach-selector Justin Langer and captain Tim Paine, as each values incumbency, despite Burns only scoring 57 runs in five innings in the Sheffield Shield this season. However, he and Warner shared in an opening stand of more than 100 on six occasions last summer, and the pair has a great bond.

David Warner is backing the selectors to pick the right man to partner him at the top of Australia's test order.

Pucovski is the form batsman in the country, with back-to-back double centuries in his new role as an opener for Victoria, and Warner texted him with his congratulations when he was named in the extended 17-man squad.

To the surprise of former test captains Ricky Ponting and Mark Taylor, selection chairman Trevor Hohns has said he will consult Warner on any call, with the latter declaring he will respond "honestly" should he be offered that opportunity.

Warner didn't offer a preference when asked by journalists on Monday but it was clear he wants stability and values a strong bond, something he already he has with Burns.

"To be honest, I have had over a dozen opening partners and it's never been quite stable. Obviously, when I was batting with 'Bucky' Rogers [Chris], we had a great partnership and we bonded really well together out in the middle. I think that has happened with me and Joe. We have done that over the past few years," he said.

Joe Burns has runs on the board at test level but has struggled in the Sheffield Shield so far this season.
"I have known Joe for a long time. We know each other's game very well but, at the end of the day, it's upon the selectors to pick the right person to fit that position.

"If they go the way of Will, he is obviously batting fantastic. He has been in and out of the test squad and, obviously, removed himself in some sad times, obviously, with his mental stuff.

"He is in the right frame of mind at the moment. It probably is an opportunity for him to come into the team but, as we know, it's harder to get out of this team than it is to get in. Whoever, they go with, I will be well and truly happy with as long as that person who comes in does their job.

"At the moment, I don't think Joe did anything wrong last summer. We put on some great partnerships, averaged over 60 and that's what you want from your opening partnership."

Burns returned to the test line-up last summer and played in all five tests. He made 97 in the first test against Pakistan but contributed a modest 159 runs from his next seven test knocks.

"Obviously, we won a lot of games last year. For me, you don't break something that is actually working," Warner said.

Former captains Michael Clarke, Kim Hughes and Taylor have called for Pucovski to debut but just who gets the nod may be determined in the first of two Australia A games against India in Sydney from December 6-8. Both Pucovski and Burns have been named in a separate 19-man A squad, which includes nine players from the test squad.

"Will is an exceptional talent and [will be] a great player for years to come, especially. He is in the right mind frame at the moment. This next A game is probably going to be the tell-all, the bat-off for that position. It is going to be interesting to see and, obviously, it's up to the selectors to pick the team at the end of the day, not me," Warner said.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...-in-on-who-should-open-with-him-for-australia

Amazon Prime won't be live streaming New Zealand Vs West Indies and New Zealand Vs Pakistan series on their platform as their commitment starts from late 2021. They do have the rights for the series, they'll sell to TV broadcasters and it looks either it'll be Dsport or no one.

Mostly sony ten

Ind Nz nz wi nd aus ind on sony ....I m confused how many sony channel r there sony six sony ten...nd..??

Got my BT Sports subscription today just incase. Excellent HD quality...very impressive. Cant wait for 27th now....though game will start midnight 3am but will be awake. Just hope our boys dont disappoint :sanga

Got my BT Sports subscription today just incase. Excellent HD quality...very impressive. Cant wait for 27th now....though game will start midnight 3am but will be awake. Just hope our boys dont disappoint :sanga

Tbh BT sports looks lit. They should take over completely with Football and cricket

Test veteran David Warner says fellow opener Joe Burns has done nothing wrong but admits the Queenslander's "bat-off" with Will Pucovski next week could ultimately mean Warner has a new partner at the top of the order.

Selection debate heading into next month's first test against India has primarily focused on whether Burns, 31, retains his spot alongside Warner or surging Victorian Pucovksi, 22, is handed a maiden baggy green cap come December 17 in Adelaide.

Burns has the support of coach-selector Justin Langer and captain Tim Paine, as each values incumbency, despite Burns only scoring 57 runs in five innings in the Sheffield Shield this season. However, he and Warner shared in an opening stand of more than 100 on six occasions last summer, and the pair has a great bond.

David Warner is backing the selectors to pick the right man to partner him at the top of Australia's test order.

Pucovski is the form batsman in the country, with back-to-back double centuries in his new role as an opener for Victoria, and Warner texted him with his congratulations when he was named in the extended 17-man squad.

To the surprise of former test captains Ricky Ponting and Mark Taylor, selection chairman Trevor Hohns has said he will consult Warner on any call, with the latter declaring he will respond "honestly" should he be offered that opportunity.

Warner didn't offer a preference when asked by journalists on Monday but it was clear he wants stability and values a strong bond, something he already he has with Burns.

"To be honest, I have had over a dozen opening partners and it's never been quite stable. Obviously, when I was batting with 'Bucky' Rogers [Chris], we had a great partnership and we bonded really well together out in the middle. I think that has happened with me and Joe. We have done that over the past few years," he said.

Joe Burns has runs on the board at test level but has struggled in the Sheffield Shield so far this season.
"I have known Joe for a long time. We know each other's game very well but, at the end of the day, it's upon the selectors to pick the right person to fit that position.

"If they go the way of Will, he is obviously batting fantastic. He has been in and out of the test squad and, obviously, removed himself in some sad times, obviously, with his mental stuff.

"He is in the right frame of mind at the moment. It probably is an opportunity for him to come into the team but, as we know, it's harder to get out of this team than it is to get in. Whoever, they go with, I will be well and truly happy with as long as that person who comes in does their job.

"At the moment, I don't think Joe did anything wrong last summer. We put on some great partnerships, averaged over 60 and that's what you want from your opening partnership."

Burns returned to the test line-up last summer and played in all five tests. He made 97 in the first test against Pakistan but contributed a modest 159 runs from his next seven test knocks.

"Obviously, we won a lot of games last year. For me, you don't break something that is actually working," Warner said.

Former captains Michael Clarke, Kim Hughes and Taylor have called for Pucovski to debut but just who gets the nod may be determined in the first of two Australia A games against India in Sydney from December 6-8. Both Pucovski and Burns have been named in a separate 19-man A squad, which includes nine players from the test squad.

"Will is an exceptional talent and [will be] a great player for years to come, especially. He is in the right mind frame at the moment. This next A game is probably going to be the tell-all, the bat-off for that position. It is going to be interesting to see and, obviously, it's up to the selectors to pick the team at the end of the day, not me," Warner said.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/crick...-in-on-who-should-open-with-him-for-australia

Leave it to Pakistan to make the decision to drop Burns difficult. He’d have been out already if not for us.

Ind Nz nz wi nd aus ind on sony ....I m confused how many sony channel r there sony six sony ten...nd..??

SONY TEN 1 channels in English, SONY SIX channels with English, and SONY TEN 3 channels in Hindi and Tamil and Telugu commentary.

SonyLiv.com. is for live streaming in the India and Sub-Continent

Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma ruled out of first two Tests

Ishant Sharma and Rohit Sharma have been ruled out of the first two matches of the upcoming four-Test series in Australia and their hopes of taking part in the last two Tests hinges on swift and decisive action from the BCCI, ESPNcricinfo has learnt.

To be in contention for the third Test, Ishant, who has regained bowling fitness but needs four weeks of workload to be ready for the rigours of Test-match play, will have to board a plane almost immediately.

The 14-day hard quarantine rule in Australia means he can start training only after two weeks; add another four weeks of preparatory training, and he can only be match-ready for the third Test, starting on January 7 in Sydney.

Rohit's case is different. He can only be cleared for travel by the NCA on December 8 at the earliest, and though he does not require the same amount of time to be match-ready, he would still have to serve a 14-day hard quarantine, which will keep him out of training until December 22.

Rohit, who suffered a hamstring tear during the IPL, is understood to be a while away from full fitness and it could take him another two weeks of rehabilitation to get to "70 or 80% readiness", according to a BCCI functionary, who believes Rohit would have had a better chance of featuring in the Test series had he flown directly to Australia with the other squad members from the UAE.

Ishant's bowling workload has steadily increased over the past week after he regained full fitness at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru, where he has been training for close to a month since returning early from the IPL with an abdominal muscle tear. However, ESPNcricinfo understands there are concerns over his match fitness, which can only be ascertained once he's in a position to bowl at least 20 overs in a day.

"If there is a T20 game and he needs to just bowl four overs, Ishant is good to go immediately, but for him to get back to Test-match fitness, he needs four weeks of proper bowling still," a BCCI source said.

As such, even if Ishant and Rohit were to fly out in a day or two, the hard quarantine would mean each of them needing to isolate himself in his hotel room for 14 days. This will mean neither is able to take part in the two warm-up games that precede the first Test in Adelaide, which begins on December 17.

The 32-member India contingent has begun training in Sydney while in quarantine since they flew over directly from one biosecure bubble in the UAE - after the completion of the IPL - to another. Such concessions can't be afforded to Rohit and Ishant upon arrival, since they aren't in a biosecure bubble at the NCA where they are currently training.

If Rohit is ruled out, the selectors could look at adding Shreyas Iyer - who is already part of the white-ball squads - to the Test squad as a reserve batsman. In 54 first-class games, Iyer has aggregated 4592 runs at an average of 52.18. He has 12 centuries and 23 half-centuries, and has already been part of India's red-ball squad - when he was called up as cover for the injured Virat Kohli during the 2016-17 home series against Australia - but is yet to make his Test debut.

As for the fast bowling, India already have Jasprit Bumrah, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami and Mohammed Siraj in their Test squad. The contingent also has three reserve bowlers in Kartik Tyagi, Kamlesh Nagarkoti and Ishan Porel to pick from, if needed.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...ant-sharma-rohit-sharma-ruled-first-two-tests

Ishant sharma out is a massive blow for india,slim chances he'll play the series . He's Indias main bowler after bumrah, like hazlewood for india. I think siraj will debut.

Without kohli and ishant, I highly doubt india will be competitive this series.

Happy for iyer though, his test debut is over due,

Okay so now Australia will face an indian team without three core players. So even if they win their victory will have a question mark over it.
Well played. :yk
Its basically India A vs Aus.
Anything less than a whitewash will look bad on aus :inti

India are destined for a whitewash Test series loss unless captain Virat Kohli inspires success before his departure, former Australian skipper Michael Clarke says.

Clarke also claimed that Australian pace spearhead Pat Cummins had Kohli's measure.

Kohli will be available for three ODIs, three T20s, a tour match and the opening Test before leaving Australia to attend the birth of his first child.

If India have not tasted victory against the Australian side by then, they are going to get hammered in the four-Test series, Clarke believes.

"These one-dayers and these Twenty20s is where Virat Kohli can really stand up and lead from the front," Clarke said on Sky Sports Radio on Tuesday.

"I think the tone he sets with this team will play a big role when he leaves, after the first Test match.

"If India don't have success in the one-dayers and the T20s, they are in deep trouble in the Test matches and they'll get smoked 4-0, in my opinion."

Virat Kohli during India's last Test series in Australia. (Getty)

Clarke said that Kohli, perhaps the greatest limited-overs batsman in history, remained the main man in terms of "giving it to the Australians".

"The other one is [paceman Jasprit] Bumrah," Clarke said.

"Opening bowler, probably the best short-form bowler in the world at the moment but his success in Test cricket has been exceptional as well.

"Again, it's not just about the wickets he takes, it's how he bowls. He's got Davey Warner's measure at the moment, he's got him out a number of times.

"He's quick, he's got a really different action, so I think he needs to set the tone and be really aggressive to the Australian batters. Even to someone like Steve Smith, he's got to use that short ball consistently and regularly, like Jofra Archer did to Steve Smith in the Ashes.

"They've got to take the Aussies on and those two players (Kohli and Bumrah) are India's best two players to be aggressive to the Australians."

Indian paceman Jasprit Bumrah bowls at the SCG during the last Test series against Australia. (Getty)

Clarke said that champion opening batsman Warner and superstar fast-bowler Cummins were Australia's tone-setters.

"[Warner] walks out to bat, he faces the first ball, he plays aggressive cricket," Clarke said.

"It doesn't matter what format, he really leads the forefront for the Australians in his style of play.

"Pat Cummins gets his first crack at being stand-alone vice-captain, which is a huge opportunity for him. But again, he's had Kohli's measure, he's got Virat Kohli out a number of times.

"He's going to play all three formats of the game, you're going to see him consistently. He's going to pay various roles; I think in the short form, you might see him open the bowling, in the Test matches, he's going to bowl first-change.

"Again, it's the way he bowls. It's the tone he sets and he's got to really stick it to the likes of [Cheteshwar] Pujara, who scored a lot of runs the last time they were here in Australia, and he's got to continue to get Virat Kohli out if Australia want to dominate."

Pat Cummins in action at the MCG last summer. (Getty)

The first Test will be played at Adelaide from December 17, a day/night match. Kohli will miss Tests in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

The champion batsman led India to its first-ever Test series victory in Australia two years ago; a 2-1 triumph in which the home side were missing Warner and Steve Smith due to the ball-tampering scandal. India also won the ODI series on that tour, played after the Tests, while the T20 series was tied.

Kohli had a relatively modest Test series with the bat in 2018-19, making 282 runs at 40.28 across four matches with just one century. He has made six centuries from 12 Tests in Australia across his career, hitting 1,274 runs at 55.39; better than his career average of 53.62.

Pujara had a massive series last time in Australia, making 521 runs at 74.42 and notching three centuries batting at No.3. Bumrah took 21 wickets at 17.00, while Cummins took 14 wickets at 27.78.

The Boxing Day Test of that series was Australia's last Test defeat on home soil, while the drawn Sydney Test afterwards was their last non-victory.

They have since won seven consecutive Tests at home, against Sri Lanka (two), Pakistan (two) and New Zealand (three); and retained the Ashes in England in between those victories.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/cricket/au...t-bumrah/c6751eaa-b98b-4b35-9f8e-51ac4dd4c052

Last edited:
My team for 1st test

Mayank
Gill
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane*
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj/Saini

*Ideally wanted Rahul inplace of Rahane but wont happen.

My team for 2nd test

Mayank
Gill
Pujara
Rahul
Rahane
Pant
Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj/Saini

So India has lost its only tall quick bowler!

The whole thing for India now depends upon winning the Pink Ball Test. They need to hope that Adelaide is going to be grassy again like the first three Pink Ball Tests, not the sort of track on which Yasir Shah hit the Aussies for a century.

The MCG can be a dead wicket, while Sydney and Brisbane in January could easily be rained off. India needs to do everything to try to win at Adelaide.

Winning ODI series is important, that will boost confident levels before test series.

Last edited:
[MENTION=152021]Rajdeep[/MENTION]
only 3 pacers are enough in final XI?

3 pacers is enough. Actually, I would drop 1 spinner and play an extra batsman. We need to be realistic, India wont beat Australia in tests without Kohli and Ishant. So the next best bet is to pack the side with batsmen and hope for a draw :genius:

3 pacers is enough. Actually, I would drop 1 spinner and play an extra batsman. We need to be realistic, India wont beat Australia in tests without Kohli and Ishant. So the next best bet is to pack the side with batsmen and hope for a draw :genius:

Then play Vihari only. Why both Jaddu and Ashwin?

I will also consider going with Siraj ahead of Saini in pink ball test. He can be very effective in first test.

Cricket Australia CEO "Confident" Adelaide Test Will Go Ahead As Planned

Cricket Australia interim Chief Executive Officer Nick Hockley on Tuesday confirmed that the day-night Test between India and Australia in Adelaide will go ahead as planned. South Australia had imposed a lockdown after a cluster of COVID cases were detected last week putting the pink-ball Test between the two sides under the scanner. Hockley informed that the situation is now under control and the lockdown was lifted on November 21 adding that he is very "excited" about the pink-ball Test which will go ahead as per the schedule i.e. on December 17.

"There was a small cluster of COVID cases last week and we have been given assurance by the South Australian government that it has been contained and the lockdown was lifted on Saturday. So we are confident that the Adelaide Test will go ahead as scheduled," said Hockley in a virtual press conference.

"We have been fortunate that there has been relatively negligible community transmission but we are taking precautions. As I said we are confident that the first Test will go ahead in Adelaide as scheduled and I am very excited about it," Hockley said while replying to ANI's query.

https://sports.ndtv.com/australia-v...delaide-test-will-go-ahead-as-planned-2329537

This tour reminds me of India tour to England 2011. Won't be surprised if we get same result.

Hardik Pandya started working on his bowling, hope he gets fit before the first test.
Viharis batting wont help.

Back