India v England | 5th ODI | Cuttack | 26/11/08

okie dokie...another easy win to make it 5-0...just 2 more to go for a clean sweep!

There is no contest at all. if it goes like this, people will lose intrest in watching cricket in india. It wud be better if india play australia, SL or SA more. I expect the series against Pakistan go the same way as the current one.

Also time to bring back Uthapha, Chawla, Praveen & Ojha back for the final 2 matches...

uscricketer06 said:
There is no contest at all. if it goes like this, people will lose intrest in watching cricket in india. It wud be better if india play australia, SL or SA more. I expect the series against Pakistan go the same way as the current one.
Make no mistake about that...Pakistan bowlers are way more talented than England and I expect a close series esp in ODIs!

Wasn't that impressed by England's batting post the first 10 overs, they lost just 2 wickets yet couldn't even score at 5 runs an over.

There'll be talk of Pieterson being let down by his team etc. fact is he only just managed to score at a run a ball in the final 10 overs and England didn't lose a wicket in that time!

Shah finds the boundary quite regularly but is poor at rotating the strike regularly.

England couldn't handle even Yuvraj properly. I am pretty sure they would be clueless once again against the 'new' spinners- Chawla & Ojha in the next 2 games!

deep82 said:
Make no mistake about that...Pakistan bowlers are way more talented than England and I expect a close series esp in ODIs!

I dont think Akthar (even if he plays, it will be one or two) or Asif will play that series. England bowling attack is as good as Pakistan attack, if not better. maybe ajmal is better than swan, but it wud not make much difference against india.

Muhammad said:
Nah the poms destroyed him and his confidence, he only made 6.

Don't think he's going to be able to retain his place in the side after this performance.
if that is sarcasm... quite good indeed considering he might be rested next game...

England are a pathetic ODI side and should be stripped of ODI status they are a joke. They should be playing zimbos and Bangladesh all time and not other ODI nations.

Well done india on another spanking win!

Amjid Javed said:
England are a pathetic ODI side and should be stripped of ODI status they are a joke. They should be playing zimbos and Bangladesh all time and not other ODI nations.

Well done india on another spanking win!

they beat SA (2nd in the rank) 4-0 just few months ago. You want to strip ODI status of that team. :)))

The real difference is that these games are being played out in India. The same English team would be more than competetive if these matches were played in England or Australia.

Swaraj!! said:
The real difference is that these games are being played out in India. The same English team would be more than competetive if these matches were played in England or Australia.
Stole the words out of my mouth.

England have never been a good ODI side and this sort of performance is all too regular - 5-0 at home to Sri Lanka wasn't so long ago, after all. They are, however, mercurial and talented, and therefore capable of winning on any given day in conditions that they are at least comfortable with. I think 90% of the problem is the team selection; it's inconsistent, misguided and based more on cronyism than merit.

Augustus said:
England have never been a good ODI side and this sort of performance is all too regular - 5-0 at home to Sri Lanka wasn't so long ago, after all. They are, however, mercurial and talented, and therefore capable of winning on any given day in conditions that they are at least comfortable with. I think 90% of the problem is the team selection; it's inconsistent, misguided and based more on cronyism than merit.
Problem is that the English are tight a55es which doesnt work in ODIs T20s that too on flat tracks.

Im a Pakistan fan but for a while now i've believed virender sehwag is the best batsman in the world, i still find it hard to believe some people underate him and label him as a brainless slogger he plays quite inteligiant in my opinion but just has an attacking nature. which is good for the game to see a consistement batsman scoring at good rates don't like seing a batsman get stuck down to much and make their runs slowly.. very entertaining player but just as classy.

undisputed said:
Im a Pakistan fan but for a while now i've believed virender sehwag is the best batsman in the world, i still find it hard to believe some people underate him and label him as a brainless slogger he plays quite inteligiant in my opinion but just has an attacking nature. which is good for the game to see a consistement batsman scoring at good rates don't like seing a batsman get stuck down to much and make their runs slowly.. very entertaining player but just as classy.
your complimentary indian passport is in the mail.

Back