India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not a big fan of taking the batting power play before the 40th over.

never seems to achieve anything, except losing wickets

shot of the match !
129129.jpg

The outfield is lightning fast and the ground relatively small as compared to Lanka, the ball just rockets to the fence :13:

If England bowl tightly in last 10 overs and give around 70-75 runs in last ten overs they are still in this game.

i am not a big fan of taking the batting power play before the 40th over.

never seems to achieve anything, except losing wickets
agree usually.

But in this sort of position, where you're extremely strong, it's good. Helps them score some quick boundaries middle of the game. In the last few overs they'll still have so many wickets that they can just go mad anyway.

I didn't agree with the way Sri lanka used it last match.

Memorable knock this-
129133.jpg

yuvi and dhoni wasting powerplay :(

Last edited:
I think it was a mistake to send Yuvi ahead of Virat, he is simply playing for himself ever since he came to the xcrease, has taken away momentum from the innings.

Yep, trying to get too creative with the batting powerplay

5 over 32 runs 1 wicket.

I bet they would have done better without the power play.

Powerplay always use them in the 42-43 over unless you are running out of batsman.

I'm struggling to believe Yardy is out bowling Swann here. He's going for just 5 an over, which isn't bad at all. Indians should be laying into Yardy who bowls extremely defensively without threatening the wicket at all. Instead they're laying into Swann, the guy who's more likely to get you out if you go after him.

Interesting to note that even on these spin friendly pitches Shahzad and Bresnan have restricted India. Just like Akhtar did in the Sri Lanka match. I think people are underestimating the importance of good fast bowlers. Bowl well with good line and length and you could very well take the Juggernaut India down. Spinning India out of the game doesn't look too much like a likely possibility.

Bresnan's recent form is outstanding. Definitely locked down the position of third fast bowler. Makes the batting line up of England a lot stronger too.

:four

too short and picked up over square leg.

don't bowl there, lad.

Ajmal shezad is a crappy bowler

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

what rubbish from Yuvraj, idiot is ball watching on a simple single!

shahzad should get back to bhiryano business, saala pakistaniyo ki naak katwa raha hain

We need at least another 50 runs from remaining 6.3 overs :(

279 for 3 at 43.4 overs

I remember in the last Champion Trophy, the average score was 300. So I hope England doesn't end up panicking if India cross 300 landmark. Though they look well set for 350.

The atmosphere is just brilliant, seriously 50 over or longer format of the game wouldn't be labelled so dead from the younger generation of cricket fans if we had crowds like this.

the current situation suggests that they shud go above 330!
but shehzad comes back to bowl .. so it cud be well beyond 350 :/

i am getting angry at this thuk thuk now !

you have yousuf pathan , harbhajan, kohli to come then why are you scared of hititng it in air

350 is definitely on the cards for India. Seems like a pretty poor effort by England :13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back