India v England | WC'11 | Group B | Bangalore | 27/02/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol the difference of quality between anderson in england and anderson in subcontinent is massive

Damn! chawla got run out now

2 more deliveries remaining hope we use them to score some runs instead of getting out :D

one of the worst 10 over spells by what's meant to be a world class bowler. Absolutely terrible by Anderson.

Why isn't broad playing?

If I ever wanted broad to do well then that would have been in this game.

Why did England make Anderson bowl the last two of his remaining overs. Shahzad should have bowled them!

England need 340 to win.

Someone will have to play Inns of their lifes here!

340 to win.

This innings has had everything: batsmen dominating, bowlers being dispatched to all corners of the ground, batting PP wasted, wicket falling in a big heap and the batting side being bowled out.

:))

340 is still a decent target to defend even with our much maligned (outsiders VIEW) pop gun attack

:D

Well done to England for pulling itself together at the end. The results could've been lot worse.

Anyway, all the best to England team for chasing this massive target.

Yuvraj will come with a plan, he's talking a lot about plan, probably said the word "plan" 10 times in one sentence

After all that carnage we bowled them out!

Well done Bres, well done Yardy.

Now England must start well and hope Trottski doesn't get stuck in second gear again.

Indian medium fast bowlers might will determine the fate of this match IMHO

I think the wickets in India are a lot worse (bowling wise) and better (batting wise) than in Sri Lanka and Bagladesh.

Playing in India greatly helps India because batting has always been their strength.

I don't see England getting this total. They should hit 300-315 but I can't see them win this one with India's spin attack.

Eng fans just got a bit carried away with Swan's performance in OZ, I said it in the past and most Indian fans also knew Swan was gonna cop it HARD against us...

This game doesn't mean Swann is an overrated bowler, Warne and Murali have done just as poorly in India...in fact, most spinners that come to India generally fail.

This game doesn't mean Swann is an overrated bowler, Warne and Murali have done just as poorly in India...in fact, most spinners that come to India generally fail.

yes. in fact swann is the best spinner from cuurrent lot

Eng fans just got a bit carried away with Swan's performance in OZ, I said it in the past and most Indian fans also knew Swan was gonna cop it HARD against us...

Swann will be a threat against you in the summer

Oh I am not saying he is an over rated bowler however our series in ENG: Swann will be in for a longgg tour if you know what I mean...

Oh I am not saying he is an over rated bowler however our series in ENG: Swann will be in for a longgg tour if you know what I mean...

That's one thing I'm looking forward to this year, it's going to be a great Test series.

Now England must start well and hope Trottski doesn't get stuck in second gear again.
Trott only has second gear :D

It's funny to see someone who comes in again and again and plays exactly the same way. He's not going change his strike rate or maybe go after the ball a bit more if the total is higher (or defend a bit if the total is a bit lower). He has a natural rhythm and sticks with it.

But I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, as he makes big scores with remarkable consistency. Always good to have someone like that in your team.

I'm not pinning much of my hopes on Trott really. It'll be Pietersen and maybe Strauss who will have to do the damage today. One early wicket and England's chances drop dramatically.

Trott only has second gear :D

It's funny to see someone who comes in again and again and plays exactly the same way. He's not going change his strike rate or maybe go after the ball a bit more if the total is higher (or defend a bit if the total is a bit lower). He has a natural rhythm and sticks with it.

But I don't think it's a bad thing necessarily, as he makes big scores with remarkable consistency. Always good to have someone like that in your team.

I'm not pinning much of my hopes on Trott really. It'll be Pietersen and maybe Strauss who will have to do the damage today. One early wicket and England's chances drop dramatically.

HAHA check post 1175 damn dude we posted at almost the same time I think.. :p

as usual mate I respect your opinion and can see what you've based it on (Swann's poor record in India). but last 2 summers in England have seen the ball turning like we haven't seen in years, a bowler like Swann will be well up for it.

great innings from your man today, only 2 more tons to go.

this is going to be ugly. embarrassing margin of defeat that ENG fans were expecting

as usual mate I respect your opinion and can see what you've based it on (Swann's poor record in India). but last 2 summers in England have seen the ball turning like we haven't seen in years, a bowler like Swann will be well up for it.

When the ball doesn't turn he is awful.

just good at home conditions.

Feelings between us are mutual... Looking forward to a great series in ENG I think it will be a drawn one.. As for SRT well I dont need to say anything more.....

England will win this one..

Straussy to score 100 along with Pietersen ...

Feelings between us are mutual... Looking forward to a great series in ENG I think it will be a drawn one.. As for SRT well I dont need to say anything more.....

I will go for 2-1 either way with one draw. Eng v India over 4 tests is mouth-watering for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back