India v Pakistan | 5th ODI | Jaipur | 18/11/07 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kablooee87

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Less than 30 minutes to go till the final ODI starts. The fact that a commentary thread hadn't been made yet should tell us something about the drop in interest. I think it'll be a good game to watch though. We'll get to see some new players.

teams ?

and who is opening for us - if its malik i'm going to sleep !

India: 1 Sachin Tendulkar, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Virender Sehwag, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt and wk), 6 Robin Uthappa, 7 Rohit Sharma, 8 Irfan Pathan, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Murali Kartik, 11 Sreesanth.

Pakistan: 1 Salman Butt, 2 Shoaib Malik (capt), 3 Imran Nazir, 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Yasir Hameed, 7 Kamran Akmal, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 10 Shoaib Akhtar, 11 Umar Gul.

I have to wonder, how much effect will the toss have on the result?

*** Nazir at number 3 and Hameed at 7.. surely that cannot be right?

kablooee87 said:
India: 1 Sachin Tendulkar, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Virender Sehwag, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt and wk), 6 Robin Uthappa, 7 Rohit Sharma, 8 Irfan Pathan, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Murali Kartik, 11 Sreesanth.

Pakistan: 1 Salman Butt, 2 Shoaib Malik (capt), 3 Imran Nazir, 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Yasir Hameed, 7 Kamran Akmal, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 10 Shoaib Akhtar, 11 Umar Gul.

Both the team selections just demonstrate which direction each team is going, one on a wave of a creschendo, whilst the other at the bottom of a pit. No Sarfraz, No Fawad is just a joke, Malik has chosen his Sialkot buddy and put an opener in at No. 6.

Even though I am an opponent and happy at the team selection.. I too give up on Malik.. Cant he freakin try the new wicketkepper in this game of almost no consequence.. I am not sure what he is expecting from Kamran Akmal the batsman in this game.. very surising indeed if I quote Arunlal..

Icing on the Malik'cake will be if Akhtar get injured!! :))

afridi rested :)))

when his not even in the test squad

no spinners in the team

dude those are the wrong names for Pak team...

Sarfaraz, Yasir, Fawad and Nazir are in.

Younus, Afridi, Akmal and Akhtar are out.

5 openers in the side. they will probably have a toss who will open!

And because there is no Fawad Alam whom I hear that can work as a part time spinner and share the 10 overs of part timers.. with this selection Malik has ensured that he has to bowl 10 overs.. and all of them himself(unless he counting in BUTT again :p ).. wow.. wht a pressure to be under.. I suppose he wants to win the game all by himself..

flamy said:

I'm going by what cricinfo has said, who are going by what malik probably said at the toss.

flamy said:

I have read two diferent Pak teams already.. this is the latest one from cricbuzz..

Pakistan (Playing XI): Salman Butt, Imran Nazir, Shoaib Malik(c), Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah Ul-Haq, Yasir Hameed, Kamran Akmal(w), Sohail Tanvir, Rao Iftikhar, Shoaib Akhtar, Umar Gul
India (Playing XI): Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni(w/c), Robin Uthappa, Rohit Sharma, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Murali Kartik, S Sreesanth

I guess Only time will tell what the real team is..

I love how they say Afridi has been "rested". What exactly are they resting him for? The flight home?

This Captain and the coach are jokers. This was an ideal game to try Fawwad and Sarfaraz. But then malik has to look after his buddies!!!

Afridi/Alam should have played in place of Nazir. No point in playing him..he is not in tests and hasn't played the whole ODI series.

He will get his chance against the ZIM.

Sarfraz Ahmed is definitely playing

cricinfo just updated the pak team -

Salman Butt, captainShoaib Malik, Imran Nazir, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Yasir Hameed, wicketkeeperSarfraz Ahmed, Sohail Tanvir, Fawad Alam, Umar Gul, Iftikhar Anjum

what a bunch of morons they are !!

Dhoni mentioning that the dew will have a huge impact on the game.

"Get through the first 10 overs and it get easier there."

He says he would be happy with a chase of 260.

Changes from the mouth of Malik:

Afridi out, Younis out. He mentioned no other changes.

"We have so many openers..in our side today" *smiles embarrassingly*

Cricinfo nows says sarfraz is in.

They're so stupid.

ok so our team is packed with batting .. hope we don't bat like snails !

Kumar looks like he will open the bowling.

Salman Butt and Imran Nazir out in the middle.

notice how malik is always looking at the ground or somewhere else instead of looking at the camera or the presenter.

Kumar's speeds are in the low 130s but he's getting good lift off the pitch.

Good to see Kaptaan opening again. Hope he gets a good score.

Also, I really hope Fawad comes in early, like before the 35th over or something.

Looks like MAlik and Fawad are going to have to bowl 10 overs each.

I smell something fishy here. I think Afridi has perhaps refused to play.

Saj said:
Looks like MAlik and Fawad are going to have to bowl 10 overs each.

I smell something fishy here. I think Afridi has perhaps refused to play.

i have the same feeling ... but boy Alam and Malik both bowling 10 overs with Rao, Tanvir, and Gul..

we could have seen some record had IND batted first.

Salman looking in test match mode today.

Might not be a bad thing if Nazir gets going from the other end.

We have to take advantage of powerplays. Nazir is playing extremely well! Rotate strike Butt!

India's line up seems extremely long. Pathan at 8 and Praveen Kumar who is another all rounder at 9. :20:

Pakistan finally playing the team that should have had played the entire series except Younis for Nazir opening

and afridi would offcourse be in

Last edited:
overlord said:
Pakistan finally playing the team that should have had played the entire series except Younis for Nazir opening
You know Shoaib Akhtar isn't playing right?

And that we're going to need 20 overs from Malik and Alam?

And that there is absolutely no 6th bowling option?

kablooee87 said:
You know Shoaib Akhtar isn't playing right?

And that we're going to need 20 overs from Malik and Alam?

And that there is absolutely no 6th bowling option?

yea didn't notice that

i guess all i wanted to say was

Make younis open and drop Kamran ....

Nazir having trouble against Kumar who is swinging it both ways.

Nazir being the gully cricketer he is, has no idea.

the true passionist said:
Nazir is looking as poor as he ever was even if he scores a 50 here.
He hasn't had a game for a while now, give him a bit of time out there....if he doesn't get out.

Classic straight drive by 4.

Idiots at the ground started playing music while ball was running to the boundary.

It's pretty annoying watching this. Every 3 seconds there's an extended shot of some woman in the ground.

Sreesanth has been wayward as usual. Most of the runs have come off him.

kablooee87 said:
Classic straight drive by 4.

Idiots at the ground started playing music while ball was running to the boundary.

It's pretty annoying watching this. Every 3 seconds there's an extended shot of some woman in the ground.
Especially ugly women :D

kablooee87 said:
Kumar round the wicket and Butt steals a single. Happy iZeeshan?
Not really. We gotta get things moving in the powerplays. Yousuf and Misbah are enough to slow us down. Oh and Yasir is playing at 3.

25/0 after 6.

funny thing is, most of the people are from north America. and its 4:30am

where are all our other members????

Bruce Yardley talking about lack of footwork from Nazir.

He's a gully cricketer Bruce, you wouldn't understand.

Plasma said:
25/0 after 6.

funny thing is, most of the people are from north America. and its 4:30am

where are all our other members????
Given up...

kablooee87 said:
Bruce Yardley talking about lack of footwork from Nazir.

He's a gully cricketer Bruce, you wouldn't understand.

:)) He looks horrible when he does that! Move your feet, boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back