India v South Africa | ICC Champions Trophy | 06/06/13 | South Africa Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we see the conditions and consider Smith is not playing who always tend to fail against India...SA have equal chance,anything around 320 odd is Par here,we got 11 extra...should be a good contest

C'mon SA!!! This is your chance to prove the critics wrong

Mark my words SA chase will make this match more interesting...

Probably much better if SA lose this one badly for us.

Ashraful_Roxx

Never understood your optimism.. but your targets are all achieved! I concede

Last edited:
Bright and sunny afternoon on a flat belter of a track against our attack chasing just over 6.5 runs an over, any good batting side will take that with both hands on any day.

SA still firm favts to chase this total down with the kind of batting firepower that they have.

Need a disciplined bowling from our pacers (especially Umesh and Ishant) to make a match out of this chase.

Last edited:
Match is not finish yet at the end of this match we might see some interesting thread opened about indian bowling attack...

Bright and sunny afternoon on a flat belter of a track against our attack chasing just over 6.5 runs an over, any good batting side will take that with both hands on any day.

SA still firm favts to chase this total down with the kind of batting firepower that they have.

Need a disciplined bowling from our pacers (especially Umesh and Ishant)

don't expect Isshhannt to be disciplined, bhuvi will be the go to man.

Need a disciplined bowling from our pacers (especially Umesh and Ishant)

What is this negativity with our attack, our attack? This is a fresh young attack with BK and Umesh

Need a disciplined bowling from our pacers (especially Umesh and Ishant) to make a match out of this chase.
how are they firm favourites?

With 331 on the board anyone would be favourites. It ain't easy to chase 331 whatever the track, batting power or the opposition bowling power.

I have a feeling the Indians will run through the SA batting lineup. Huge defeat for the saffers coming up.

wow Bazid Khan sitting as analyst in Straight Drive(Ten Sports). Anybody remember Bazid Khan?

Pakistan's bowling would perfectly compliment Indian batting, if both are in one team!

how are they firm favourites?

With 331 on the board anyone would be favourites. It ain't easy to chase 331 whatever the track, batting power or the opposition bowling power.

Virtually everyone on this site writes off our bowling attack(sometimes even myself) as one of the weakest among the top 8 test/ODI playing nations, so SA gotta be favt to chase this total on a not so difficult track against much maligned bowling attack of the world.

I think the only way SA can lose this if they play poorly,otherwise with our bowling,331 is a par score

Virtually everyone on this site writes off our bowling attack(sometimes even myself) as one of the weakest among the top 8 test/ODI playing nations, so SA gotta be favt to chase this total on a not so difficult track against much maligned bowling attack of the world.

Bowled out Australia for only 67, don't write off your bowling. Easy win coming up, no :kallis , Smith. Amla out of touch, AB the only man that South Africa will can upon, Duminy will play a Test knock how he did against Pakistan in the warm up match. India is winning this by 100 + runs

It doesn't matter. 330 still should be defendable by pretty much any bowling attack.

I'm sure the average score India have defended successfully is much lower than that. Even if that total is higher on average than others.

I'll watch 1st 10 overs for Yadav guy.

India got platform set, should bowl SA out invoking choke litmus :kallis

If there is a country who can chase downt this total it has to be SA. They bat pretty much Down to 9 and Amla and AB both love playing against India.

The wicket looked quite flat when even likes of Jadeja were hitting them big at will.

I back SA to win this one.

Who is With me?

If there is a country who can chase downt this total it has to be SA. They bat pretty much Down to 9 and Amla and AB both love playing against India.

The wicket looked quite flat when even likes of Jadeja were hitting them big at will.

I back SA to win this one.

Who is With me?

+1 provided they don't choke! But Saffers will miss Smith today.. He's a pressure player, My bet will be on Du Plessis, absolute monster in pressure situations

wow i didnt expect India to be so strong without their big names.

Miller, Du Plessis, Amla, Devil, Ingram! God, that's some solid line up!

All my hopes pinned on Sir and Ashwin.. Only spin can work on these kind of surfaces

IM worried about David Miller, no1 seems to have mentioned him, he was in killer form during the ipl

A team of that sort (Ind bat + Pak bowl) would put the old Windies and Aussie team to shame.
Nope, they would still get thumped. The aussie team of the late to early 2000s was the best team I've ever seen, it's a shame that the quality of players has gone down hill since then :(

Tsotsobe and Kleinveldt went for 83 and 81, will they be replaced in the next match?

maybe its only my observation but this match looked very fishy to me.

the fielders weren't right at the boundary more then couple of time which could have been wickets. SA fielding weren't even close to what they are and every other bowl was short

#trolling

the fielders weren't right at the boundary more then couple of time which could have been wickets. SA fielding weren't even close to what they are and every other bowl was short

#trolling

yup it looks fishy to me as well... not trolling I am serious

If both of these batsman can provide a 70+ stand thn SA can get it easily.

#trolling

But wasn't short ball supposed to pwn us on England wickets?

What's nice about Yadav is his simple action

Pitch looks a belter, its SA's game to take they just need to handle the pressure.

So what you think Ashwin or Jadeja gonna fine some devils in the pitch later?

Just to put this in perspect Mark Gillespie useto bowl 140-145... Just shows the decline of fast bowling... 150 use to be pacy now 140 is...

It's not the speedometer! The batsman couldn't get the bat onto it.. Steyn bowls 135-140, but looks pacy.. Langeveldt bowls 145 but never looks pacy. Hope you got the difference

I dont know why we refused to respect this INdian bolwing line up.

Kumar is great with the new ball.
Yadav good pace
Ashwin a smart spinner
Jadeja does a decent job as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back