India (176/7) crowned champions of ICC T20 World Cup 2024 after a 7 runs victory against South Africa (169/8)

@JaDed look punjabis performed today. Bumrah, Kohli, and Arshdeep.

Kohli - MOTM
Bumrah - MOTS
Arshdeep -most wickets for India

3/3 fired

Arsh delivered in the finals - took out Markram and QDK. QDK was crucial wicket IMO. He was set to play a long innings.
Bumrah as usual, but stepped it even more in the finals.
Kohli big innings in the finals with wickets tumbing around. Redemption.

@JaDed look punjabis performed today. Bumrah, Kohli, and Arshdeep.

Kohli - MOTM
Bumrah - MOTS
Arshdeep -most wickets for India

3/3 fired

Arsh delivered in the finals - took out Markram and QDK. QDK was crucial wicket IMO. He was set to play a long innings.
hahah yeah bro so damn happy!! And Arsh Kohli doing bhangra after winning, made it an amazing day

The 3rd umpire went through the decision in rapid motion, jumping through steps.

In similar situations, we have seen the TV umpire take up to a minute or 2 in zooming from different angles, checking whether there was any chance the shoe touched the rope, but not here
The umpire spent <20 seconds in seeing the replay from the field POV, not any other cameras.

The 3rd umpire went through the decision in rapid motion, jumping through steps.

In similar situations, we have seen the TV umpire take up to a minute or 2 in zooming from different angles, checking whether there was any chance the shoe touched the rope, but not here
The umpire spent <20 seconds in seeing the replay from the field POV, not any other cameras.
Try again, he kept it rolling.. from angles

Try again, he kept it rolling.. from angles
I was the first one to ask this question here, but looks like I am not the only one

took a stunning catch of David Miller in the T20 World Cup final on Saturday to help India clinch the elusive title in Barbados. However, after the game, the moment sparked a lot of social media chatter despite the umpire giving it out in clear terms. The effort, which came at a crucial moment in the match, has especially left South African fans and analysts scrutinising every angle to determine whether Yadav's foot touched the boundary rope, potentially turning the tide of the game.

It all happened during the high-stakes moment in the last over when Suryakumar showed remarkable composure and executed what appeared to be a stunning catch at the boundary. Miller, the batter on strike, had launched the low, wide full toss from Hardik Pandya down the ground through the line with enough power behind it. But it was off the toe-end and that was probably where the error occurred.

A high-flying Surya plucked it out of thin air by running to his left and then juggled it up as he was going over the ropes. It is here that cameras showed that his foot was millimetres away from the cushions. The 30-year-old did well not to step on it, lobbed it back in as he went out, and displaying incredible athleticism, he managed to grab the ball while maintaining his balance near the boundary line.

After replays, the third umpire, Richard Kettleborough, declared it out. However, South African fans on social media shared the zoomed-in footage and expressed doubt over the episode.

"This certainly deserved more than one look, just saying. Boundary rope looks like it clearly moves," wrote one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope with this win not only Rohit, Kohli, Jaddu are the only ones retiring. Some of the wrist slitting Indian fans who for past 10 years have been calling any player they dont lke as a fraud and have been posing as fraud cricketing pundits take reitrement from punditry as well.

End of a long 10 year wait and of suffering ignoramuses calling players as frauds.

I was the first one to ask this question here, but looks like I am not the only one

took a stunning catch of David Miller in the T20 World Cup final on Saturday to help India clinch the elusive title in Barbados. However, after the game, the moment sparked a lot of social media chatter despite the umpire giving it out in clear terms. The effort, which came at a crucial moment in the match, has especially left South African fans and analysts scrutinising every angle to determine whether Yadav's foot touched the boundary rope, potentially turning the tide of the game.

It all happened during the high-stakes moment in the last over when Suryakumar showed remarkable composure and executed what appeared to be a stunning catch at the boundary. Miller, the batter on strike, had launched the low, wide full toss from Hardik Pandya down the ground through the line with enough power behind it. But it was off the toe-end and that was probably where the error occurred.

A high-flying Surya plucked it out of thin air by running to his left and then juggled it up as he was going over the ropes. It is here that cameras showed that his foot was millimetres away from the cushions. The 30-year-old did well not to step on it, lobbed it back in as he went out, and displaying incredible athleticism, he managed to grab the ball while maintaining his balance near the boundary line.

After replays, the third umpire, Richard Kettleborough, declared it out. However, South African fans on social media shared the zoomed-in footage and expressed doubt over the episode.

"This certainly deserved more than one look, just saying. Boundary rope looks like it clearly moves," wrote one.

What is that? you do realize the difference in angle right?

They could have played 2 maidens of Bumrah and still only need 30 from 3 overs. Absolute choking of the highest degree.
Their batting is very very shallow. Jansen is basically a tail ender. Klassen needed to take it deep

I can understand Pakistani fans enjoying Indian defeats and vice versa because the teams have a political and sporting rivalry and Pakistan has a phase of dominating India.

But Bangladesh has never has that. Their crowning achievement is beating and kicking India out of the 2007 WC which was 17 years ago. The team has zero heart and courage.

I can understand Pakistani fans enjoying Indian defeats and vice versa because the teams have a political and sporting rivalry and Pakistan has a phase of dominating India.

But Bangladesh has never has that. Their crowning achievement is beating and kicking India out of the 2007 WC which was 17 years ago. The team has zero heart and courage.
Pakistanis, Ozzies and England fans can dish it, they have earnt the right to dish it to us, but Bangladeshis- you lads need to earn the right to mock us...
Form is temporary class is permanent ;-)

India seal T20 World Cup glory after epic duel against South Africa

Two unbeaten teams went up against each other for the right to lift the title.
It all came down to this. After a sensational tournament, two unbeaten sides met in Barbados in the ICC Men's T20 World Cup Final.

And it was won by India - by a narrow margin of just seven runs.

An attritional 76 from Virat Kohli had helped India to a monumental first-innings score of 176/7 as they sought their first crown in over a decade.

Opponents South Africa were looking for their first world title ever as they chased 177 - and came immensely close, with some fine batting from Quinton de Kock and Heinrich Klaasen.

After an expensive opening over from Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj took two in the second - first Rohit Sharma, caught by Heinrich Klaasen, and then Rishabh Pant, caught by Quinton de Kock.

Kagiso Rabada got the important wicket of Suryakumar Yadav for just 3 in the fifth over, with Klaasen again taking the catch as the batter looked to attack.

Virat Kohli and Axar Patel formed a vital partnership of 72 for the fourth wicket, but it was ended by a combination of poor running and exceptional fielding. De Kock picked up a gentle tap from Kohli and promptly threw it at the non-striker's end, where Axar was well out of his ground.

Shivam Dube joined Kohli at the crease, and they put on another valuable knock of 57 between them before South Africa made inroads in the last two overs.

Kohli's battling innings came to an end for 76, skying Jansen into the hands of Rabada at long-on, and then Anrich Nortje continued his fine tournament with two wickets in the final over - Dube hitting hard into the hands of David Miller, and then Ravindra Jadeja edging to Maharaj on the last ball.

Bumrah strikes early
There were more early wickets in the South Africa innings, with Jasprit Bumrah bowling a perfect delivery to knock over Reeza Hendricks in the second over, followed by Aiden Markram edging Arshdeep Singh behind.

De Kock continued his excellent form, though, partnering up with Tristan Stubbs for 58 off 38 balls.

Stubbs' departure - bowled by Axar Patel for 31 - brought Heinrich Klaasen to the crease for the last ball of the ninth over, with South Africa still needing more than 100 runs.

And de Kock could not helm the chase, holing Arshdeep out to the hands of Kuldeep Yadav for a valuable 39.

David Miller joined Klaasen and their combined big hitting got the required run-rate down to a run a ball, with 30 remaining. But in the end they lost their way.

Source: ICC

No taking away that India are worthy winners of the tournament. By far they were the best side winning every match so lets not belittle them in any way at all. Bumrah was the difference maker at a time when RSA were cruising to a win. Although he has to prove his class in tests even odi's there is no doubt he is a match winner in the T20 version of the game. Then that incredibly catch that is among the best ever made sure of the result. Had that gone for six India most likely lose the match. Lets also not forget that when it mattered Kohli showed his class, he had a quiet tournament yet turned up when most needed like real world class players do. Enjoy the party, no hard feelings or jealousy from this Pak fan. To the victor go the spoils. Jo jeeta wohi sikandar!:cool:

I was rooting for Aussies in 2023 WC final and they didn't disappoint me.

Same in 2015 WC semi-final (Aussies beat India).

Same in World T20 2016 semi-final (Windies beat India).

Same in World T20 2022 semi-final (England beat India).

Same in World T20 2014 final (SL beat India).

Not sure what you are on about. LOL.

Many many congratulations to India and Indian fans.

Champions players Virat and Rohit, and Bumrah - ATGs of the game.

Absolutely fantastic tournament. Many many congratulations. Couldnt see the match but just saw the celebrations and post match interviews. Very happy for you guys.

Glad that now that India has won, Pakistani fans, public, ex players are going to take out their frustration on the Pakistani players ten times more. The players are not going to get away with this no matter how much they try to influence things with their political, franchise connections and via Saya Corporation

Lol my team was finalist in the 2022 edition and your team reached this time.
Lol what Destiny your team has made by not winning any icc trophy for 11 years. Keep it to yourself.

Hope you are enjoying the celebration outside your window.

And your finalists team of 2022 would never be a team that I would be proud of.

You know why? Coz they did not reach final on their own merit.
Allah maaf kare Aisa din dekhna pade when India has to rely on other to qualify.

Aiden Markram (South Africa Captain) post-match Press Conference - 29th June 2024

[Reporter:]

So close, but exactly where did you, is it the death over bowling or the splendid catching by the Indians, where did you miss out?

[Aiden Markram:]

It's not a specific moment, it's an overall game of 40 overs and if you look at a couple of moments potentially where you could have done better but all in all still proud of the performance we put together today in a final and to get close like that is something I'm just proud of.

Can you put in a few words of how tough that was to take?

I don't think I can say them yet to be honest but yeah, it's tough. This group's a great bunch of people. In my opinion, they deserve really good things to go their way. I had a really good feeling about this competition before we came here and as the competition went on, that feeling got stronger and stronger. So, pretty tough to deal with now, but it's a sport at the end of the day. Someone's going to win, someone's going to lose. And we'll try to use it to fire us up for future events.

I know it's very tough to digest this - but how proud are you because your overall campaign was so good, your team is working so well, this bunch of boys are so promising. Is this going to take the South African team way forward?

I really hope so, yeah. Like I mentioned, a great group of guys that's been together for quite a long time now. Get to our first final, like I mentioned a few days ago, it's something we can be proud of. Still, in our eyes, not good enough. You're not satisfied with making a final, but still, I think it'll take a bit of time for us to reflect back on all the good things that we've done, but obviously for the time being, it's just hurts a lot.

How do you feel that the pitch was behaving after you guys were chasing 176? [inaudible]

Yeah, I thought the wicket played really well, to be honest. I think it stayed consistent throughout the game I didn't see it changing a lot of our batters came off after getting out saying felt like a really good wicket so Hats off to the groundsman. Yeah, for preparing it a wicket that he did. It's a great game of cricket to have a final like that on a good wicket, something in it for the bowlers, something in it for the batters. Just a good spectacle overall.

[inaudible]

It’s not the first game of cricket that’s been lost with a team needing 30 of 30 – it’s more that India was allowed to bowl well, they're allowed to field well, they're allowed to go from that position to a position of strength. It happens often in this game. Like I mentioned, right now to pinpoint something is quite tough but we'll reflect over the next few days, over the next few weeks, try and find areas that we could have maybe improved in during today's game, but also to highlight the things that went really well for us.

I think you said on the presentation things happened quite quickly; Can I just ask you to elaborate a bit on that? Is there anything you guys could have done to take this thing out of the game?

It’s tough. They bowled really well in the back end and had very simple plans and executed it really well. From a run a ball it can go to 10 an over in the space of one over. So, your game plan as a batter changes. You're potentially thinking you're keeping the ball on the ground, running hard until the job's done and the bowler bowls a good over. Next thing you'd be searching for boundaries and everything changes quickly like that.

Just in terms of what you're saying to the team at this point, have you spoken to them yet? Is there anything you're planning to say to them, or is it just let their emotions out?

Yeah, I think one thing that will definitely say is how proud we are. Not just of today, the game itself, but the competition as a whole, the build-up to get here. So, in hindsight, the things will still feel really good about this competition. But like I mentioned, just for the time being, it stings a bit, but it's good for it to sting. It gives you that little bit of fire in the belly for next time that you're here.

The individual performance that will get lost at the end when there's a big result like that, but a few words about [inaudible] I think that was pretty sensational stuff for a moment.

Yeah, it was special. We've seen him do it many, many times around the world and to deliver it in a stage like this is a really special effort. So, it's going to be tough for him, that's what I say when I mean we reflect back, there's going to be lots of things to be happy about and I'm sure that knock could have made him really tough to put in a performance like that.

Aidan, just on the emotions out there in the middle, the rise in tears, how painful is that emotion or the feeling when to share a moment like that with your team?

It’s just gut wrenching – that’s really what it is. Each player has been on a different individual journey to get to this first final. Ultimately you become really tight as a group and you want good things to happen to this group because you know they're great people and when you get really close like that, especially the nature of how the game went, obviously adds to the emotions and it's one of those things but yeah, we can channel it moving forward but I think next couple of days you let it be, you let yourself feel the way you want to feel and then really start reflecting in a positive manner.

Do you think the match officials could have spent a bit longer looking at that catch at the start of the last over?

I didn't even see it to be honest. I couldn't watch. Yeah, it's a quick replay. They're obviously pretty convinced that it was out and that's why it was a quick replay.

What is the turning point of the final? What makes the turn - the catch or the out of the class? Do you think South Africa breaks the barrier to reach the final? This is the one step ahead they will do next future for champions.

Hopefully it's one step closer. It's tournament cricket, it's tough cricket, it's not easy to win trophies and you've got to take your hats off to a team like India for lifting the trophy. A lot of hard work goes into it. But yeah, we'd like to think we're one step closer and hopefully moving forward we can get that first win and it can be a snowball effect of quite a few to come.

What was the turning point?

I've tried to answer it already, it's tough to pick one.

Rohit Sharma (India Captain) post-match Press Conference - 29th June 2024

If you are asked one factor that led to the emergence of the champions – what would it be? And also - how was it to gift this victory to Rahul Dravid?

[Rohit Sharma:]

HE - more than any one of us, I think he deserved that trophy. What he has done for Indian cricket for the past 20-25 years, I think this was the only thing that was left in his cabinet. I am very happy from all of us on behalf of the entire team that we could actually do this for him. You saw how proud he was and how excited he was. Really grateful to the occasion for this to happen as well.

In a game like this, there are a lot of turnarounds. I cannot single out one or two aspects of the game, but looking at where the game was when four or five overs were left, obviously that wicket of Klassen when Hardik took that wicket, that was actually very crucial from our point of view. And then again, Miller's wicket at the back in the last over, that catch of Surya of Hardik's bowling was again superb.

But again, you can't forget What the batters did with the bat, Virat getting that runs, Axar playing that part, and then eventually us finishing off with the score that we finished. And then obviously when we started with the ball, Bumrah, Arshdeep were superb. I don't know how much I can talk about Bumrah. Obviously, we've been seeing this with him for such a long time now. Whenever he has ball in hands, he tends to create magic for us every time. I am very lucky to have players like this in my squad. Players who are playing for me and Team India. Really, really grateful, and thankful as well.

Congratulations and you have had so many moments of glory in your career and disappointments also 2007 and 2008 CB series, 2013 and Australia Test series. Of course, 2011 you could not be part of the World Cup and of course Ahmedabad. Looking back, all these things, do you consider this as the greatest moment of your career? And second, 30 of 30 balls and 6 wickets, how could you motivate the players to, you can pull it off?

This has to be the greatest time I can say that. It's only because how desperately I wanted to win this. So, all the runs, all the runs that I've scored in all these years, I think it does matter, but I'm not big on stats and all of that. I think winning games for India, winning trophies for India, that is what I look forward to all the time. And having this now right beside me probably has to be, I don't know, honestly, I don't know if it's the greatest or what but it is definitely one of the greatest, I can say that - and when I have to look back at certain moments in the game as well, they were really playing well.

Halfway through, we were very much in the game. And then the next five overs didn't go our way. Klaassen and Miller actually took it on. De Kock played his part as well. But we know what they are capable of with the bat. We do understand that. But again, the message was very loud and clear to everyone that until the last ball of the game is bowled, the game is not over. Because that's what happens in cricket and you've got to believe that. And my job as a captain is to make everyone believe that.

Every time we had the ball in hand, whether we got wickets or we didn't get wickets, we wanted to keep fighting. Keep fighting whether we are ahead in the game or behind in the game, we wanted to keep fighting because the moments like this will never come again. This is the final. So, you have to give everything that you have inside your body, mind, and everything.

And that is what the message was to everyone that let everything out, put whatever you have in your body, mind, put it in front of us and let's see then what happens. And I thought the belief that everyone had till the last ball was bowled was to keep fighting. Even though we were behind in the game after 15 overs when they required just 30-odd runs in 5 or 4 overs, the belief was still there. We wanted to fight, we wanted to fight and then eventually we managed to cross the line.

Rohit, since coming to the West Indies, India has batted first in all previous games coming into the final. Was that like a templated thing, or you thought the conditions deserved that? Or did you think scoreboard pressure mattered in the final? Or did all of this contribute to batting first here also?

I think I'm a believer of just having runs on the board in big games. That's how my mind works. It is not necessary that everyone thinks like that in the team. But I have a decision to make and I made it very clear that no matter how the pitch is, whatever it is, we have to try and put runs on the board and then fight it out. You have the talent in your bowling and I have seen what the guys have done with the ball. So, I had that confidence that whatever score we have, we can try and defend it. And that's exactly what happened as well.

I know the result came in our favour, but even though if the result didn't come in our favour, I would have still completely backed the decision of batting first. Although I thought the pitch really played well, throughout the 40 overs the pitch was really good. It didn't grip as such which we really thought it would after the first half, with the sun beating down so hard, there is no grass on the pitch, it looks a lot drier. But obviously a lot of rolling water must have gone in there to make it nice and hard. But yeah, that was the thought and we were very clear with that decision as well, that we want to put runs on the board and try and defend it later.

I wanted to ask you about Virat Kohli announcing his retirement today. How do you look back at his journey? You've shared some of the most ups and downs with him, your moments with him. Just how do you look back at all of it?

Look, he's been a champion player without a doubt. And we all know what he has done for us. At some point everyone has to say goodbye to the game and Virat was very clear that this is what he wanted to do and he was very clear before the start of the tournament as well. I am very happy for him that he batted like he did in the finals. I know the quality that he has, the big games and all of that. He is going to come good. When we wanted him the most, he came out and performed the way he did. So very happy looking at his career. Obviously, he's been a champion player. We know, we can see the stats and everything there. But, yeah, nice way to sign off from this format.

There was a lot of confusion in the last few tournaments, but we were consistently knocking on the other side. Was it difficult to have faith in good people? It's important to be good, whether it's you, the team, Rahul Dravid. Is it important, Rahul?

It is important. I believe that what is written is going to happen. I think it was written. But obviously you don't know before the match that this is written. This is the game. Otherwise, we would have easily come and said, it's written. I think everything has to fall in place. As you saw, we were way behind the game. At one point, it seemed like they would win easily. The wicket was running well, they were batting well. The options that I had to use, Bumrah's over in the 18th over was over.

So, it was important to fit in the plan. And as you said, it's good to be with good people. I mean, you said it, so I'm good. And Rahul bhai too. Rahul bhai too. No, no, he's good. I'm very happy for Rahul bhai too. He's done so much for Indian cricket. That's what Rahul Bhai means. He has worked hard with this team for the last 3 years. His instincts were suppressed many times.

Because it is not easy to match the wavelength of the boys. So, Rahul bhai suppressed himself. He understood what the boys wanted. He put that priority ahead. So, it is not easy for anyone to do all this. Rahul bhai did that for the whole team. He understood what the boys needed, what is necessary to give to the boys. Because eventually we have to do the work, Rahul is not batting.

We were constantly talking to them about what was happening in the team, what was being discussed, when you can join the team, what role you will play if you do. Rahul is a studious person, so He was the first one to take care of this when he came. We have to tell the boys what we want from them. 11 out of 11 people are a force. If we play together, we can become a big force. Rahul supported me a lot in that regard, and supported the team a lot.

You have spoken in bits and pieces about the last three overs. We almost died in the press box. But I would like you to go through those three overs in the end and what was the talk that was going on and how was Hardik being motivated in the last over?

I think see, the talk, strategy wise it was very simple to try and make them hit on the other side of the wind because the wind was blowing across the ground quite rapidly and it was the average, I don't know how much the average wind per hour and all of that was, but it was quite heavy. So, the plan was to make them hit on the other side of the ground.

And then obviously when Bumrah came to bowl that 18th over, as much as we wanted the wicket, we wanted to build that pressure as well on the opposition by bowling dot balls. So, I had to get the fielders in the right place, getting the straighter fielders in, standing in front of the square, because I thought the nature of the wicket didn't allow batters to hit square of the pitch as much.

It was easy to hit down the ground and with Bumrah's angle, with the reverse swing coming in play a little bit as well. We knew that if we can keep stumps in play as much as possible, the runs will be hard to come by as well. And if they make mistake by not getting the bat right where the ball is, there is a chance we can get a wicket as well.

And Bumrah nearly knocked Miller off in the first ball, which he missed. And then he got wicket off Marcus there. So that was crucial for us. That over was crucial and then followed up greatly by Arshdeep as well. He gave a three-over run, bowled a three-over run. And then in the end, it was 16 or 17 required.

And then the plan was to just slightly go outside of Miller's arc, don't give him any hands. And yeah, Surya took a brilliant catch there. And then, obviously, it was just to bowl full to the other batters, not to give them any elevation. And it was very nice to see that Hardik was very calm as well. No matter how many runs are required, you still have to bowl that over and bowl it well as well. For him to bowl that over and getting that crucial wicket of Miller also was very important from a team's standpoint.

That catch of Surya, if you can just go through the emotions of him taking that catch and that weight and do you think kind of this catch is on a par with Kapil's 83 catches?

No, whatever is good, if it was so good in 83, then keep it there. It was a great catch. This is also our catch. In hindsight, if you look at it, every moment that happens, it has its own charm, own way. So, I don't like to compare it. I am not a big comparison fan. I was standing at long off so I could clearly see Surya there and he is very calm under pressure. He has got brilliant hands. The moment he took that catch; I knew that he's inside. I was very calm. I mean, you could see I was celebrating already. But still, until the scoreboard says out, it's not out yet. But I knew that it was an out. And I started already thinking about the other five balls that We have to bowl to the other batters

and Rohit like on your own international Do you think you will be there for a while longer? Like, how do you see yourself?

No, no, this was my last game as well. No, honestly, I've enjoyed since the time I started playing this format. And nothing better time to say goodbye to this format. I've loved every moment of this. I started my India career playing this format. And this is what I wanted. I wanted to win the cup and say thank you.

Is that just T20s just to check? Yeah. Just T20s international?

Yeah.

What, when you sunk to your knees at the end, what was going through your head at that point? When you dropped to your knees at the end after the final ball, what was –

Oh yeah, it was very emotional. I wanted this badly. So, it’s very hard to put it in words because that moment, I don't want to say what I was thinking and what was going in my mind, but it was a very emotional moment personally for me. And I'm going to, I wish I could capture that moment myself but not really, you can't do that but I will always remember that. Yeah, those are the moments you wait for and then you don't plan these things, it just happens because you're so desperate for certain things in life and I was very desperate for this in my life so happy that we eventually crossed the line this time.

Not to bring Pakistan Cricket into this, because, quite frankly, we don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breadth as the mighty Indians and South Africans, but a quick question to all of our "Legends" and current Social Media XI singing Indian praises and sending their heartiest congratulations across the border: If the roles were reversed, do you actually think our neighbors would reciprocate in the same fashion?

I'm all for sportsmanship, but my God, have some competitive instinct and self-respect! For example, why is Shaheen congratulating Bumrah? Was the cringe baby gift DURING the Asia Cup not enough? Should Bumrah take out a restraining order against his number one fanboy, Shaheen? A novel thought for Shaheen: Bumrah is literally your counterpart in every sense of the word, yet is MILES, nay, EVERESTs' ahead of you in all facets of bowling. Instead of fawning over him, may be stop politicking within the team, get back in the gym, and actually perform? Same goes for all these other goons praising the Indian win - have enough competitive drive to be mad that you aren't the ones lifting the trophy. Instead of treating the World Cup as some sort of vacation by bringing your cousin's cousin to the US and attending rodeo shows and Times Square performances the night before World Cup fixtures, have an iota of professionalism and duty to your country?

This master-slave-complex is a rot within our set-up, at both the administration level (see, for example, bending over backwards for a hybrid Asia Cup, and permitting India to not write "Pakistan" on their kits), as well as the team level. A few other notable examples include giving David Warner two guards of honor, and then inviting him on stage to accept a signed jersey despite being drubbed 3-0. Famously, who can ever forget Bobby's well-wishes to Virat during his downward spell? Well, Bobby, do you think Virat will return the favor to you any time soon? Are you not performing so that you can get a reply?

This is exactly what happens when uneducated, ungroomed, talentless hacks (see, for example, Iftikhar Ahmed and Haris Rauf) are expedited into the national set-up without any professional guidance, training and evaluation. These clowns rise through the ranks with an inferiority complex already ingrained within their psyche, which always manifests during critical moments, in front of a global audience. This lack of self-respect and self-worth is evident when any notion of playing for Pakistan's crest is disbanded in favor of petulant politics, personal monetary gains, and fawning over others without having the most basic social awareness to realize that the adoration is not, and will never be, mutual. And yes, I realize this is systemic to Pakistan as a nation, and not only to PCT.

In summary: STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELVES, GROW UP, AND, FOR ONCE, ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!​

Not to bring Pakistan Cricket into this, because, quite frankly, we don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breadth as the mighty Indians and South Africans, but a quick question to all of our "Legends" and current Social Media XI singing Indian praises and sending their heartiest congratulations across the border: If the roles were reversed, do you actually think our neighbors would reciprocate in the same fashion?

I'm all for sportsmanship, but my God, have some competitive instinct and self-respect! For example, why is Shaheen congratulating Bumrah? Was the cringe baby gift DURING the Asia Cup not enough? Should Bumrah take out a restraining order against his number one fanboy, Shaheen? A novel thought for Shaheen: Bumrah is literally your counterpart in every sense of the word, yet is MILES, nay, EVERESTs' ahead of you in all facets of bowling. Instead of fawning over him, may be stop politicking within the team, get back in the gym, and actually perform? Same goes for all these other goons praising the Indian win - have enough competitive drive to be mad that you aren't the ones lifting the trophy. Instead of treating the World Cup as some sort of vacation by bringing your cousin's cousin to the US and attending rodeo shows and Times Square performances the night before World Cup fixtures, have an iota of professionalism and duty to your country?

This master-slave-complex is a rot within our set-up, at both the administration level (see, for example, bending over backwards for a hybrid Asia Cup, and permitting India to not write "Pakistan" on their kits), as well as the team level. A few other notable examples include giving David Warner two guards of honor, and then inviting him on stage to accept a signed jersey despite being drubbed 3-0. Famously, who can ever forget Bobby's well-wishes to Virat during his downward spell? Well, Bobby, do you think Virat will return the favor to you any time soon? Are you not performing so that you can get a reply?

This is exactly what happens when uneducated, ungroomed, talentless hacks (see, for example, Iftikhar Ahmed and Haris Rauf) are expedited into the national set-up without any professional guidance, training and evaluation. These clowns rise through the ranks with an inferiority complex already ingrained within their psyche, which always manifests during critical moments, in front of a global audience. This lack of self-respect and self-worth is evident when any notion of playing for Pakistan's crest is disbanded in favor of petulant politics, personal monetary gains, and fawning over others without having the most basic social awareness to realize that the adoration is not, and will never be, mutual. And yes, I realize this is systemic to Pakistan as a nation, and not only to PCT.

In summary: STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELVES, GROW UP, AND, FOR ONCE, ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!​
Wont blame you because you are from generation when PCT was a stronger team and the rivalry was actually intense but things have changed ,back then as well friendship was there but rivalry was intense, the PCT team now looks at Indian cricketers like how Indians looked at Imran Wasim..it’s not only to do with cricket but economy of sports and country as well.

Wont blame you because you are from generation when PCT was a stronger team and the rivalry was actually intense but things have changed ,back then as well friendship was there but rivalry was intense, the PCT team now looks at Indian cricketers like how Indians looked at Imran Wasim..it’s not only to do with cricket but economy of sports and country as well.

In year one if both A and B are making $100, they will usually be regarded on the same level and will treat each other on equal terms, in Year 5-10 if A is making $150 and B is now making $100,000, B has now gone way ahead of A, A feels inferior to B and envies B and B now has a higher circle of hi fi friends and looks down upon A.

This is what IPL and India's rapid economic expansion in the last 15-20 years have done. Just look at the net worth of the top Indian players ie Tendulkar, Kohli, Dhoni atleast $100 million wheras someone like Afridi or Akhtar in Pakistan will at most touch $4-5 million max.

It's no surprise to see the present day Pakistani players going out of their way to suck up to their Indian counter parts and secretly hope they can get to enjoy the IPL riches. Mentally they have accepted they can never consistently compete and dominate against India ever again.

The ex Pakistani players are now in disbelief the levels Indian Cricket have far surpassed Pakistan.

I don't see a single player in the Pakistani team or system with Kohlis drive for excellence, hate to lose a single game of Cricket. How far low we have fallen can be summed up by our paindu captain who has held on to his job for 4-5 years with absolute zilch to show for it and his response to every major defeat is to go out for dinner with his friends, buddies and enjoy a good time as opposed to tightening the screws on the team.

In year one if both A and B are making $100, they will usually be regarded on the same level and will treat each other on equal terms, in Year 5-10 if A is making $150 and B is now making $100,000, B has now gone way ahead of A, A feels inferior to B and envies B and B now has a higher circle of hi fi friends and looks down upon A.

This is what IPL and India's rapid economic expansion in the last 15-20 years have done. Just look at the net worth of the top Indian players ie Tendulkar, Kohli, Dhoni atleast $100 million wheras someone like Afridi or Akhtar in Pakistan will at most touch $4-5 million max.

It's no surprise to see the present day Pakistani players going out of their way to suck up to their Indian counter parts and secretly hope they can get to enjoy the IPL riches. Mentally they have accepted they can never consistently compete and dominate against India ever again.

The ex Pakistani players are now in disbelief the levels Indian Cricket have far surpassed Pakistan.

I don't see a single player in the Pakistani team or system with Kohlis drive for excellence, hate to lose a single game of Cricket. How far low we have fallen can be summed up by our paindu captain who has held on to his job for 4-5 years with absolute zilch to show for it and his response to every major defeat is to go out for dinner with his friends, buddies and enjoy a good time as opposed to tightening the screws on the team.
Cutting Pakistani players off from IPL has unfortunately screwed their finances but in all honesty I’m sure they are still very well to do in Pakistan.

But if you notice new Indian players are interested in sports overall, see the players go on watching other sports from football to formula 1, tennis.
Kuldeep Yadav with Barcelona is an example..
Bumrah when he visited US last year went to Basketball museums..

And yeah net worth is something, I was watching the show with Shehzad Imam and it was a clip the host asked Imam whose ur friend on Indian he said Shreyas Iyer and it seems Shreyas even gifted him or got Imam something.

India treat us like charity cases and our players fawn over them not realising that every failure by Pakistan fills the Indian players with joy!

India treat us like charity cases and our players fawn over them not realising that every failure by Pakistan fills the Indian players with joy!
Oh Cmon this is the most Likeable Indian team and except Pandya-Jaddu almost every player is humble.

I hope with this win not only Rohit, Kohli, Jaddu are the only ones retiring. Some of the wrist slitting Indian fans who for past 10 years have been calling any player they dont lke as a fraud and have been posing as fraud cricketing pundits take reitrement from punditry as well.

End of a long 10 year wait and of suffering ignoramuses calling players as frauds.
Totally agree. It perplexes me how many armchair critics especially from India and Pakistan who have quite likely not achieved anything in their lives (based on their incoherent or biased or devoid of actual logic arguments) sit on a computer or use their phone to pass judgment on players that are among the top 11 of their respective countries.
To prove their point they go to any extent including putting down the true greats of the game.

Anyway, congratulations to all Indian fans for a very well deserved championship victory. A wonderful farewell to two of the greatest India has produced. Cheers!

Staring at the Monalisa for 10 minutes won't change it to The Starry Night.

One should not forget Axar impact in batting.. he give us much needed momentum after early crisis.. scored some clutch runs in this tournament.. Jadeja though was a complete failure in this tournament..

IND won but there is still division among Indian fans. Man guys like Sanju Samson, Jaiswal, Rinku wouldn't have done jack. Rohit and Kohli were always best Indian cricketers since last decade.
Rinku was a proven performer in Indian jercy.. nobody said replace Kohli/Rohit with them.. but in place of Jadeja they can replace with a batter..

26 from 24 is definitely a choke. Not taking anything away from India though, they showed a lot of mental toughness to come back into it
Choking is the one when you are supposed to score 120 runs in 120 balls and sailing through comfortably by losing just two wickets and less than 50 runs to score and succumb meekly. They are the world best chokers are no one is closer to them

To me cricket was the greatest winner with an ebb and flow and intensity of tussle almost unparalleled in this form of the game .India's bowling at depth in skill and resilience level rarely penetrated.

To win India created one of cricket's most dramatic turnabouts or ressurections.I feel sorry for South Africa who were on the brink of making is game,set and match ,or having just to perform final rites.To me India's mental resilience and great pace bowling skill won the day.

For 15 overs by a slender margin India held the upper hand in the chase,but in the 16th and 17th over South Africa virtually had the game in the bag or sealed..The Proteas perfectly continued their legacy,but it was India who won over South Africa losing.

Still very happy for Kohli and Dravid wining their first world cup and for India winning 1st world cup since 2011.Congrats to South Africa for making first ever world cup final and coming within a whisker of capturing title.Let us prey that the tide of history now turns in favour of the Proteas,who were so cruelly robbed of titles in world cups,with the trail continuing yesterday.

Two beautiful quotes, I read after India’s World Cup win….

“South Africa were winning, Then comes Jasprit Bumrah”

“My father told me about Kapil Dev’s catch, I will tell my kids about SKY’s catch”

Overall as much as I congratulate India I have equal commiserations for South Africa,who were again robbed of a title deserved,like in so many world cups.Just unable to posess temperament to bang the final nail in the wall or put icing on the cake.

What does Bangladesh have to do with this thread? Can we not derail the thread with such irrelevant stuff??

I was gutted by South Africa's loss in the World Cup. They had a chance to make history. However, I have to admit that Jasprit Bumrah was the game changer for India. He single handedly turned the tables

Michael Vaughan, while speaking to a sports media outlet:

"Yeah, well, he joins Captains Kapil Dev and MS Dhoni, a very exclusive list of those who have lifted the trophy for India. He came close in November, and everyone expected him to lift the World Cup then. But that's the beauty of cricket - you have to keep fighting.

Look at Hardik Pandya, who was booed by a 40,000-strong crowd at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai just two months ago. But today, he's a hero, having played a huge part in India's victory with his bowling. And that catch by Suryakumar Yadav! We've talked about fielding throughout the World Cup, and that was a special moment.

As for Rohit Sharma, the captain, he's achieved everything in the game, particularly in the Indian white-ball jersey. I think he just wanted that trophy, and now he's got it. I'll be interested to see what he does after this."

Former India pacer Zaheer Khan, while speaking to a sports media outlet:

"When you look at a run a ball for the last five years, and you've seen in this format how many times you're actually able to defend that kind of total. So, unless you do something special, and what we've seen today is something special from the Indian team, having an off day, it wasn't an easy day for them.

The South African batters did put them under pressure, but the Indian seamers, Bumrah and others, were so good on the given day when it mattered the most. That's what good teams do. They've been playing good cricket throughout. But the beauty of this team was the collective effort right throughout the tournament. We've seen that you're not dependent on just one or two individuals, it's the team effort. I think that's something everyone will be very proud of when walking away from this tournament having won the trophy.

Every player in that playing 11, every player in that squad, like Surya taking that catch at that crucial stage. That was the moment that mattered a lot, looking at Miller being on strike. That was South Africa's last hope. And that's why you can't say that South Africa did what South Africa does in the past because it's just the way they played the game. I was very impressed with how they approached this. They were ahead of the game, ahead of India by 25 runs, and that's why you need to applaud the team's effort."

Credit to ex Indian players that everyone sings praises and supports the team and only criticism is about cricket. (I know it’s bare minimum if they think of professional sports but for South Asia this itself seems a lot).

For what reason are they giving them 125 crores?? That’s absolutely stupid all of them get enough money from leagues and contracts.

That’s absolutely stupid to be given in a country like India, insanely stupid. Absolutely condemn this, it’s an honor to play for the country and the money is already high, 125 crores makes no sense.

For what reason are they giving them 125 crores?? That’s absolutely stupid all of them get enough money from leagues and contracts.

That’s absolutely stupid to be given in a country like India, insanely stupid. Absolutely condemn this, it’s an honor to play for the country and the money is already high, 125 crores makes no sense.

Should be given to poor or should be used to improve infrastructures. I agree.

It is silly indeed. It was their job to win the world cup. Giving them reward for doing what they were supposed to do when this could have been spent elsewhere (though the amount isn't that big relative). The government should focus on more important tasks

It is silly indeed. It was their job to win the world cup. Giving them reward for doing what they were supposed to do when this could have been spent elsewhere (though the amount isn't that big relative). The government should focus on more important tasks
The amount becomes huge as a total, BCCI can escape taxes if this is what they are doing.
I understand that for each staff and everyone its 5 crores , but this amount as a total could really help maintain domestic infrastructure.

Chill bhai, BCCI its a performance bonus.
You will say the same thing to soldiers defending the border or people working in the government.

The amount becomes huge as a total, BCCI can escape taxes if this is what they are doing.
I understand that for each staff and everyone its 5 crores , but this amount as a total could really help maintain domestic infrastructure.
It's around $15.4m so isn't really that much- maybe some minor projects and maintenance. Still would have preferred it to be spent in more important things

Have you gone through the financials of BCCI?

ITs a tiny amount compared to how much BCCI spends on all India operations.

What is wrong with ESPNCricinfo? You hardly see any faces of RSA in their front page even though they were part of the Final?

The Indian team is currently stranded in Barbados

The airport has been shut down indefinitely with Hurricane Beryl expected to pass by Barbados on Sunday night local time

If not for Bumrah, this final again would have been, so near yet so far.

So what would Bumrah if done if Kohli got out for 8 instead of 76?

Conjured a win out of nothing?

I know hating Kohli seems fair, but think with a cool head instead of raw emotion.

So what would Bumrah if done if Kohli got out for 8 instead of 76?

Conjured a win out of nothing?

I know hating Kohli seems fair, but think with a cool head instead of raw emotion.
Kohli's innings could have backfired that's the thing.

If klaseen took the side home which tbf he shpuld have, it was a soft dismissal, logically he should have finished it in the pandya over,

Anyway if klaseen took the side home you wouldn't be talking so high about kohli's innings.

This wc proved that anchorers no longer have a place in the squad. The only difference between, Babar, Williamson and Kohli is that Kohli had a strong team carrying him throughout the tournament so whether he failed or whether he made a slow 50 score, the bowling and batting was strong enough to cover him.

While bobby and Williamson don't have the same privilege. Regardless the point stands, t20 is no place for an accumulator anymore

Kohli's innings could have backfired that's the thing.

If klaseen took the side home which tbf he shpuld have, it was a soft dismissal, logically he should have finished it in the pandya over,

Anyway if klaseen took the side home you wouldn't be talking so high about kohli's innings.

This wc proved that anchorers no longer have a place in the squad. The only difference between, Babar, Williamson and Kohli is that Kohli had a strong team carrying him throughout the tournament so whether he failed or whether he made a slow 50 score, the bowling and batting was strong enough to cover him.

While bobby and Williamson don't have the same privilege. Regardless the point stands, t20 is no place for an accumulator anymore

It was not the best innings ever.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing and you can always say if Klassen didnt do this, this would have happened.

If we are arguing semantics, I have just the right counter by saying if Kohli had been out for 8, no one would have been talking about how great Bumrah is.

See how that works?

Which is why innings should be taken at face value instead of what outcomes are possible if this or that didnt happen.

It was not the best innings ever.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing and you can always say if Klassen didnt do this, this would have happened.

If we are arguing semantics, I have just the right counter by saying if Kohli had been out for 8, no one would have been talking about how great Bumrah is.

See how that works?

Which is why innings should be taken at face value instead of what outcomes are possible if this or that didnt happen.
You don't know that, your argument is assuming all other batsmen would have scored the same and the exact variables would have remained the same.

You have no clue as to whether or not someone else would have stepped up or not. The goal with kohli was that he bats till the end while others play around him which is why alot of people got out in the process.

If kohli had gone for 8, their is no rhyme or reason to assume the other bats would have scored the same, and even if all these things were constant, Defending 140 and 170 is a different ball game, India wouldn't be as relaxed in the first stages like they were in the final before Klaseen forced Pandya and bumrah back on causing a bit of a panic.

You don't know that, your argument is assuming all other batsmen would have scored the same and the exact variables would have remained the same.

You have no clue as to whether or not someone else would have stepped up or not. The goal with kohli was that he bats till the end while others play around him which is why alot of people got out in the process.

If kohli had gone for 8, their is no rhyme or reason to assume the other bats would have scored the same, and even if all these things were constant, Defending 140 and 170 is a different ball game, India wouldn't be as relaxed in the first stages like they were in the final before Klaseen forced Pandya and bumrah back on causing a bit of a panic.

Unless cricket has changed the guy scoring 80 out of 170 meaning 50 percent of the teams runs cannot be the sole reason for team losing.

Especially when he came when India had lost 3 wickets for 30 runs.

The rule of cricket is simple.

Unless there is an alternative guy who can score 50 percent of runs at a faster pace and help the team score even more than what was the final target, there is simply no reason you can s hit on the one who actually does.

If India had lost, fingers should have been pointed at Axar who gave away 24 runs, Kuldeep who was non existent in the game.

Why would you point fingers at someone who gave bowlers something to defend at?

I find that highly offending.

Kuldeep was abysmal in final not gonna lie. Ever since that 2018 odi series where Klaasen struck hard, our spinners seem to be afraid of him, which to be honest is fair considering how much of a brutal hitter he is. I feel like Siraj should have been brought in since South African middle order is weaker to pace. I know it's risky to tinker with the team in finals, but sometimes you got to take risks. Had Bumrah not bowled like perfection, it would have been a defeat for us.

This is really getting silly. Sport is entertainment, cricket is a sport and the money in sport is due to the cricketers. Unless we're living in a communist country, they should get their fair share of that money. I don't see people protesting that Shah Rukh Khan or Taylor Swift are making too much money.

From estimates around the Web, the BCCI makes about $2Bn annually.

If you go by standards in other professional sports, a third of that should go to the players - say around $600m. By that standard, Indian players are grossly underpaid. Top all-format players make maybe a couple of million annually.

The remaining two thirds should go in some proportion towards maintenance of cricket infrastructure and development of the sport at various levels.

BCCI on the other hand sits around accumulating reserves and paying massive amounts of tax on it's profits.

Unless cricket has changed the guy scoring 80 out of 170 meaning 50 percent of the teams runs cannot be the sole reason for team losing.

Especially when he came when India had lost 3 wickets for 30 runs.

The rule of cricket is simple.

Unless there is an alternative guy who can score 50 percent of runs at a faster pace and help the team score even more than what was the final target, there is simply no reason you can s hit on the one who actually does.

If India had lost, fingers should have been pointed at Axar who gave away 24 runs, Kuldeep who was non existent in the game.

Why would you point fingers at someone who gave bowlers something to defend at?

I find that highly offending.
He didn't come in, He opened lol

Lok Sabha Congratulates Team India On Clinching T20 World Cup After 17 Years

The Lok Sabha congratulated the Indian cricket team on Monday for winning the T20 World Cup. Speaker Om Birla said the country's youngsters and sportspersons would derive inspiration from the victory.

Mr Birla congratulated the team led by Rohit Sharma on the feat.

India lifted the T20 World Cup after a 17-year gap, beating South Africa by seven runs in the final on June 29.

He didn't come in, He opened lol

Its irrelevant.

What I mean is this:

No cricketer in the world would committ suicide by trying to play at 200 SR when 3 people are already back in the pavilion for 30 runs and its the World Cup final on the line.

Kohli played a high percentage game.

Gave India the best chance they had of victory by scoring around 50 percent runs at a decent pace.

Did he play slow? A tad, yes. But the situation demanded it.

If you think India were gonna score 190 odd with the likes of Jadeja and Dube to come, you are mistaken. If you think Kohli going back to the hut with India 4 down for 70 runs would have helped India score 190, you are mistaken.

There is no alternative universe, India were getting a better total if Kohli had failed or thrown his wicket away trying to play at 200 SR because fans want it that way.

There was no way India would have defended a total of less than 150 on this pitch just because Bumrah was bowling.

You can criticize his entire World Cup campaign as a disaster but to call out this particular innings is simply petulant.

Its irrelevant.

What I mean is this:

No cricketer in the world would committ suicide by trying to play at 200 SR when 3 people are already back in the pavilion for 30 runs and its the World Cup final on the line.

Gave India the best chance they had of victory by scoring around 50 percent runs at a decent pace.

Did he play slow? A tad, yes. But the situation demanded it.

If you think India were gonna score 190 odd with the likes of Jadeja and Dube to come, you are mistaken. If you think Kohli going back to the hut with India 4 down for 70 runs would have helped India score 190, you are mistaken.

There is no alternative universe, India were getting a better total if Kohli had failed or thrown his wicket away trying to play at 200 SR because fans want it that way.

There was no way India would have defended a total of less than 150 on this pitch just because Bumrah was bowling.

You can criticize his entire World Cup campaign as a disaster but to call out this particular innings is simply petulant.

Thats not really the point. Kohli in recent years has been playing all his t20 games like this irrespective of the situation. Hes sucked the whole tournament with his 24 of 24 being a thorn of an innings. The idea has been to attack while kohli bats through. It has never worked for india throughput the tournament with either rohit or the MO having to hard carry him. This is the first time where the wickets fell early and his style of play could work via coincidence

Whether kohli performed or not isnt relevant, theirs no way to know what would have happened of kohli got out first and others had to bear the brunt, The whole point is that he got lucky that the circumstances aligned the way it did for him and bumrah + Pandya was their to finish SA off.

You're putting words in my mouth, never said it or claimed it.

Thats not really the point. Kohli in recent years has been playing all his t20 games like this irrespective of the situation. Hes sucked the whole tournament with his 24 of 24 being a thorn of an innings. The idea has been to attack while kohli bats through. It has never worked for india throughput the tournament with either rohit or the MO having to hard carry him. This is the first time where the wickets fell early and his style of play could work via coincidence

Whether kohli performed or not isnt relevant, theirs no way to know what would have happened of kohli got out first and others had to bear the brunt, The whole point is that he got lucky that the circumstances aligned the way it did for him and bumrah + Pandya was their to finish SA off.

You're putting words in my mouth, never said it or claimed it.

Then what is your claim?

Kohli played bad in the tournament? I agree.

Kohli played bad in the final without any counter suggestions as to how India were going to score bulk of runs 3 wickets down?

I mean, for this match if you want to criticize Kohli, you have to be very specific with your claim.

What do you have in mind ?

Then what is your claim?

Kohli played bad in the tournament? I agree.

Kohli played bad in the final without any counter suggestions as to how India were going to score bulk of runs 3 wickets down?

I mean, for this match if you want to criticize Kohli, you have to be very specific with your claim.

What do you have in mind ?
My claim is that kohli's style of play is not suited for t20 and he got lucky this time around because the bowling covered it up.

Kohli played a similar style innings against England in the semi final but that instance he got torn apart left and right because england butchered India black and blue.

Players like kohli, Babar, Williamson always play like this 24/7, Granted kohli is 100x better then those 2, However 90% of the time their thorns in t20 and every time they play such and such an innings either the side gets butchered or the bowlers have to do the leg work.

Had babar played such an innings, everyone here would go on and on as to how the bowlers won it for pakistan but because it's kohli the ATG, people find ways to defend him.

Kohli is an atg but 2016 kohli t20 era was a long time ago. Not applicable to 2024

My claim is that kohli's style of play is not suited for t20 and he got lucky this time around because the bowling covered it up.

Kohli played a similar style innings against England in the semi final but that instance he got torn apart left and right because england butchered India black and blue.

Players like kohli, Babar, Williamson always play like this 24/7, Granted kohli is 100x better then those 2, However 90% of the time their thorns in t20 and every time they play such and such an innings either the side gets butchered or the bowlers have to do the leg work.

Had babar played such an innings, everyone here would go on and on as to how the bowlers won it for pakistan but because it's kohli the ATG, people find ways to defend him.

Kohli is an atg but 2016 kohli t20 era was a long time ago. Not applicable to 2024

With due respect I disagree.

The reason Babar would have been castigated would be he would have played like this even if Pakistan were 30-0 in 5 overs.

My only point of contemplation is that if India was 30-0 and Kohli had played this innings, I would have been the first in line with my sword out for him.

30 odd for 3, World Cup final on the line, last major ATG batsmen? Meh. I would rather you accumlate and give the bowlers something to bowl at instead of trying for too much and losing it all.

Anyways, Kohli has retired so no use beating a dead horse.

I think if there is one player in the world you could afford to carry with a 120 strike rate for a break glass in emergency type situation, it's Kohli. You have the highest probability of it paying off when the chips are down and you have enough hitters to cover his (current) deficiencies in other situations.

The Indian team took a chance and it paid off.

With due respect I disagree.

The reason Babar would have been castigated would be he would have played like this even if Pakistan were 30-0 in 5 overs.

My only point of contemplation is that if India was 30-0 and Kohli had played this innings, I would have been the first in line with my sword out for him.

30 odd for 3, World Cup final on the line, last major ATG batsmen? Meh. I would rather you accumlate and give the bowlers something to bowl at instead of trying for too much and losing it all.

Anyways, Kohli has retired so no use beating a dead horse.
That's fair but Kohli played a 24 of 24(something similar can't remember the exact score he made) when wickets were in hand earlier in this wc and everyone was screaming at him to get out.

He played the same back then

Some interesting tweets by 3rd umpire Kettleborough. He has some dig against Pakistani fans for questioning his decision of SKY catch LOL.

It is a fake keetleborough :) You "doesn't need" is a give away. But there is one occasion where Pakistan could have done better 12 required in 3 balls situation where a batsman has to hit every single ball for a boundary or 2 sixes. 2 wide yorkers would have sealed the deal.

Back