India (176/7) crowned champions of ICC T20 World Cup 2024 after a 7 runs victory against South Africa (169/8)

It's good the pitch and toss didn't matter in this game. Surprisingly spin didn't matter at all. Perfect pitch. Not too.easy and not too tough to score against pacers.

India Captain Rohit Sharma in his post match interview during the presentation ceremony.

"Very hard to sum up what we have been through for the last 3-4 years. We work very hard as a team, lot has gone on behind the scenes. It is not today, it is what we have been doing for the last 3-4 years. We have played lots of high pressure games and come on the wrong side too."

IND won but there is still division among Indian fans. Man guys like Sanju Samson, Jaiswal, Rinku wouldn't have done jack. Rohit and Kohli were always best Indian cricketers since last decade.
Nome of them would have played the innings that Kohli played today. But we are confident because the newbies are under the pump in every IPL and it will prepare them. Hardik will be the next captain and he's a pretty confident guy. Bumrah, Kuldeep, Arshdeep are relatively young so bowling is in good hands. If at all the next gen Indians are even more brash

If not for Bumrah, this final again would have been, so near yet so far.

A message of commiserations to South Africa, and any of their fan(s) that might be wandering around here. These guys and their fans have suffered, as far as World Cups go. It started with the 92 WC, when their rain affected game against England was ruined by a pre-DLS farce. Then there was the 99 Donald-Klusener farce. And there have been many others. Today, they needed 36 of the last six overs with six wickets in hand. They'll be kicking themselves.

Hard luck guys.

IND won but there is still division among Indian fans. Man guys like Sanju Samson, Jaiswal, Rinku wouldn't have done jack. Rohit and Kohli were always best Indian cricketers since last decade.
Thanks you....good analysis....I feel this is end of road for a lot of seniors ...
Whereas on BD cricket....the passion is there ...they have a class pace bowling...I feel with some good coaching they will surely improve & start winning more

What a perfect World Cup. We didn't lose a single game, every player contributed - even the much derided Jadeja and Dube, and we gave the perfect send off to a bunch of legends. Dravid and Kohli have announced. I expect Rohit and Jadeja aren't far behind
Well done, don’t forget to send signed shirts to Babar Azam and especially Mohammed Rizwan for bottling the run chase in the Pakistan game

A message of commiserations to South Africa, and any of their fan(s) that might be wandering around here. These guys and their fans have suffered, as far as World Cups go. It started with the 92 WC, when their rain affected game against England was ruined by a pre-DLS farce. Then there was the 99 Donald-Klusener farce. And there have been many others. Today, they needed 36 of the last six overs with six wickets in hand. They'll be kicking themselves.

Hard luck guys.
Their time will come soon...saff cricket is class....well played boyzzz....keep ur heads up ✌️

Well done, don’t forget to send signed shirts to Babar Azam and especially Mohammed Rizwan for bottling the run chase in the Pakistan game
In this mood, I don't even grudge those two guys their efforts. They tried their best which is more than can be said about some of the others in the Pakistan team.

I know the emotions must have been high - but a mention for South Africa by Rohit would have been in fine order.
SA will.hold their head high. They won so many games under the pump in this WC and they had this in their grasp. Thr Gane was much closer than it should have been was because of Klaasen. It's just unusual to play like that while chasing in a world cup final. It's almost an Anamoly. Shows there wasn't any choking. Even Miller got out to a blinder of a catch. People aren't talking about it but Jansen is a much better batsman than Maharaj. That wicket of Jansen by Bumrah was mighty crucial for plugging one end. Arshdeep and Pandya did just that

It's good the pitch and toss didn't matter in this game. Surprisingly spin didn't matter at all. Perfect pitch. Not too.easy and not too tough to score against pacers.
Spin didn't matter at all doesn't mean it's a perfect pitch. It was skewed in favor of batters.

Spin didn't matter at all doesn't mean it's a perfect pitch. It was skewed in favor of batters.
Wasn't a flat wicket either. Ball wasn't easy to hit on a length if pace.was varied. It's very important for India to.win a final.where.spin didn't matter much. Infact it was a liability on this.pitch. Shows versatility in Indian bowling lineup

I think possibly the most shameless human being ever born on this planet. Hate that guy with everything in me.
Indeed. Btw, brace yourself for attack from that stooge who is probably the only one on this planet who loves Jay Shah, apart from motabhai, of course.

Wasn't a flat wicket either. Ball wasn't easy to hit on a length if pace.was varied. It's very important for India to.win a final.where.spin didn't matter much. Infact it was a liability on this.pitch. Shows versatility in Indian bowling lineup
You are wrong.
It was perfectly hittable off spinners on a lenfth as Klassen demonstrated.

It took unbelievable amount of skill set by Bumrah and Arshdeep to pull this off

You are wrong.

It took unbelievable amount of skill set by Bumrah and Arshdeep to pull this off
It was poor of our batsmen not to be able to hit SA spinners out of parking like Klassen did.

It was poor of our batsmen not to be able to hit SA spinners out of parking like Klassen did.
Yep.

Kohli was busy doing his stuff that he forgot boundary hitting till the last 4 overs.

India owe it to Bumrah and then SA who choked.

This is a proper choke for the ages. 30 needed from 30 lol

Yep.

Kohli was busy doing his stuff that he forgot boundary hitting till the last 4 overs.

India owe it to Bumrah and then SA who choked.

This is a proper choke for the ages. 30 needed from 30 lol
Tell this to that loser.

Kuldeep getting hit today doesn't mean he is a choker. He performed really well till semis.

Did we see a closer view of whether Yadavs left foot touched the rope when catching the ball?

You are wrong.

I said it was difficult to hit on a length from pacers. It wasn't a flat patta. Klaasen just had an amazing day. He and Dekock attacked Kuldeep from.the get go and threw him off his.length. Axar's over was the final straw I thought. But klaasen's wicket because of Bumrah's tight over in the earlier over gave India a peek. They grabbed it with both hands

Thank you Rahul Dravid!
You led us to WTC finals ...
U led us to ODI finals 2023....
Though we didn't cross the last hurdle ...
U were legend...are ..will be....
Thanks for T20 2024!...
Thanks also for the multiple u-19 wc's...
U champion!!!!
Wish U all the v best 🪔🇮🇳✌️💥

I said it was difficult to hit on a length from pacers. It wasn't a flat patta. Klaasen just had an amazing day. He and Dekock attacked Kuldeep from.the get go and threw him off his.length. Axar's over was the final straw I thought. But klaasen's wicket because of Bumrah's tight over in the earlier over gave India a peek. They grabbed it with both hands
Again hard disagree.

Mr Cementfoot Dube managed to strike at over 150 SR and most of it vs pacers. So did Discount Jaddu as well. There were absolutely no demons on the pitch.

Rohit showed in the match vs Aus as to how it had to be done. Just go at it relentlessly.

India were fortunate to call upon Bumrah to get out of jail and he delivered to a T.

I wouldn't begrudge Kohli much. He's seen so much of losses after losses than a 6 month old day trader. He deserves such a closure.

Again hard disagree.

Mr Cementfoot Dube managed to strike at over 150 SR and most of it vs pacers. So did Discount Jaddu as well. There were absolutely no demons on the pitch.

Rohit showed in the match vs Aus as to how it had to be done. Just go at it relentlessly.

India were fortunate to call upon Bumrah to get out of jail and he delivered to a T.

I wouldn't begrudge Kohli much. He's seen so much of losses after losses than a 6 month old day trader. He deserves such a closure.
Yep...fair call....I guess we managed to make it harder for ourselves ...but still won...
I guess end of the road in T20 for about 5 guys .
On to the WTC finals now.....let's define our legacy for some deserving seniors ...
Go ...indiaaa...🇮🇳🪔✌️

Again hard disagree.

Agree to disagree. Hardik was smashed vs Australia for a reason. That was a true patta. Here balls on length were tough to get away. Either way, India won and spin or pace, they have both covered depending on the pitch

You aren't alone.

For the last 4 overs of the game, I was just walking all around my living room like as if I was waiting for my wife was about to deliver our baby in the hospital, few years ago.

Super stoked by this game and the result.
Lol....thtaz classic....cheers bro...
Jai Hind ✌️💥🇮🇳

Nice to see the usual posters not celebrating a win but finding ways to blame Kohli as their lord hasn’t scored a single 50 in finals.

These folks are always salty and lose in almost every aspect of life, lost the election and now are crying about Kohli getting MOTM.
Dude...
Nail on head...
Absolute diamond ....epic face palm on the sook chamchas....on June 4th...
& Today ...🇮🇳💥
They know who they are..
Cheers 💥🇮🇳😎

A well deserved victory for team India
India demolished minnows ,as well as strong teams such as Aus,Eng, SA,Afg en route to winning T20 Worldcup.
They defended a low score on a seaming NY track. On the same track they chased well as well to win against Ire.
They scored 170's and 190's on bouncy tracks and defended those totals in super 8's with big margins.
On a turning track they scores 170 and the demolished Eng in SF and this despite loosing a must win toss based on conditions and rain threat.

The bowling was phenomenal. Arshdeep is called a trundler but hey such wicket taking trundlers are needed rather than ""'pace is pace' -hit me for sixes please"" bowlers ;). Spinners stuck to their line and length and did not try anything extra ordinary. Bumrah is one of the best white ball bowlers in last 50 years, if not the best.
The bench strength of India batters( Jaiswal, Rinku, Samson) was such that in any other Asian team they would be super star and first name on their batters list.
Finally IPL has to get the credit for this world cup win. If IPL has been blamed for past performances, then IPL is the reason today how Indian team handled pressure because they have seen similar pressure again and again in IPL and have adapted to the different pitches.

And lastly, Afghanistan proved they are learning from Indian grounds and IPL participation. They will be second best in Asia in about 3-5 years time.

India now has 2 x T20 WC, 2 X ODI WC , 2 C CT

Ind won with someone like Jaiswal on the bench. That's good for ind cricket. The younger gen is much more used to high pressure KO games.. what a game though! Absolutely worthy of a final. Bumrah and pandya and sky catch will be lifelong memories!!

Still can't believe SA lost needing 26 of 26 with 6 wickets in hand. Still boggles me. Genuinely feel for markram and klaasen.. solid guys..

5 back to back good overs from is a story for the ages.

To understand the magnitude of the achievement

India conceded 22 runs took 4 wickets in the last 5 overs. I don't think any team could have done something like this.
It's like 2014 world cup where Sri Lanka put the screws on Indian batting in the last few overs by bowling wide of off stump. That's where India lost the game back then. After that, this one ranks as a top bowling job at death.

Congratulations India. Lots of emotional scenes out there. IPL is a juggernaut but nothing tops winning a World Cup for your country.

South Africa - comiserations. 32 years of pain continues. Only they could've messed it up. But Markram's captaincy was good in this tournament and hopefully they'll come again.
Markram was a fantastic captain. They pulled out so many close games. SA could have genuinely been knocked winning 0 games in the group stages

But they held their nerve. They were stellar under pressure throughout except the last 30 balls

It's like 2014 world cup where Sri Lanka put the screws on Indian batting in the last few overs by bowling wide of off stump. That's where India lost the game back then. After that, this one ranks as a top bowling job at death.
yes. it was like walking on a tight rope. Even one six would have made that total 24. They were like 5 hits away in 30 balls.

5 back to back good overs from is a story for the ages.

To understand the magnitude of the achievement

India conceded 22 runs took 4 wickets in the last 5 overs. I don't think any team could have done something like this.
indeed. it was Choke of Epic proportions. India held their nerve in the field. most teams would have given up. Bumrah made the eventual difference. His 16th and 18th brought india back into it. rest of the bowlers ran with the momentum

RSA was way too ultra aggressive. Both Stubbs and QDK gave away their wickets. RSA was actually done and dusted after QDK wickets, but Klassen completely changed the game with his sixes.

indeed. it was Choke of Epic proportions. India held their nerve in the field. most teams would have given up. Bumrah made the eventual difference. His 16th and 18th brought india back into it. rest of the bowlers ran with the momentum
Thanks bhai✌️
All the v best for Pak team for next series ✌️

What was the lowest total IND could have defended on this pitch? I reckon they could've defended 155+.

Arsh was good from the start today, he delivered his best in the final.
A perfect game for Arshdeep.

Congratulations to all Indians! This is absolutely sensational. Long time coming, honestly for all the superb work this team has done over the last 10 years, an ICC trophy was the least that we could have got to show for it. Very pleased with this win.

Well deserved team, very well deserved!

Well done India.
Bumrah today reminded me of past greats like Akram and Younis who could change a close match in their favour by their sheer will.
Well done Kohli...
I wonder what will happen to India after Rohit has said goodbye; I see good batters but not once - in - a - generation like these two.

Well done India.
Bumrah today reminded me of past greats like Akram and Younis who could change a close match in their favour by their sheer will.
Well done Kohli...
I wonder what will happen to India after Rohit has said goodbye; I see good batters but not once - in - a - generation like these two.
That’s what everyone said about Sachin. The mix of players keep changing what matters is winning.. whoever comes we want more trophies and less super stars.

Hopefully this is the end of superstars/ Heroes in ICT..but any sport makes money through heroes so definitely someone will come up.

My only superstar is Bumrah

Some of our Indian posters can go to any length against a player to prove their bias, instead of feeling happy for the team and giving credit where it is due.

This big occasion is further exposing their agenda. It's pathetic, really. Behaving like a cry babies.

Back