India v Sri Lanka | ICC Champions Trophy - Semi-Final | 20/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
There's been a lot of rain in Cardiff this morning, but it's stopped for now. There's no hint of sun. There is no reserve day in the schedule, for any of the game in this tournament including the semis and the final. If this game is washed out, India will go through to the final, since they topped their group.

Last edited:
^^ That's bad news for Sri Lanka. They won't want this game to be washed out.

And this is worse news for me as far as my fantasy team performance is concerned. I really need the remaining two games to go smoothly without rain interference to have any chance of finishing in the top 3.

Someone posted earlier saying that the title will be shared between England and India with both games being rained out..

The covers are coming off now. Still no sunlight, but the outfield isn't in very poor condition. Well, what do you know - we might start on time after all.

<center>
BNMJQgpCcAAJ_6f.jpg:large
</center>

Last edited:
no rain in london so far......but in cardiff according to weather report it will start raining after mid-day

No rain nOW and the covers are also being lifted.

ICC ruined another tournament. They forgot the World T20 in Sri Lanka?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hearing a different interpretation now.. we are back to our initial understanding .Super over will not decide the game unless a tie..<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ct13&src=hash">#ct13</a></p>— Russel Arnold (@RusselArnold69) <a href="https://twitter.com/RusselArnold69/statuses/347633254318358528">June 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's daft that Cardiff gets to hold so many international games. Crap weather, crap crowds.

Anyway c'mon India!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Currently teams are warming up & covers are mostly off - this game could be decided on the quality of the warm up game of football.</p>— Iain O'Brien (@iainobrien) <a href="https://twitter.com/iainobrien/statuses/347635801775022080">June 20, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OMG India versus Lanka I just cannot wait!

Agreed, Cardiff is a pretty terrible venue for a SF. I hope it is not getting an Ashes test

The rain has relented, but the wet outfield means the toss has been delayed for sure. They are still hoping for a 10.30am start, but they will have an inspection at 10am

Super over should be better than top team qualifying..

AMOL: "i think this should have been the official song for Champions Trophy- Who 'll stop the rain by CCR." One of the most popular bands in Indian pubs as well.

The groundsman says the pitch is not dry and is greener than he would have liked but he ran out of time due to bad weather.

I hate how they delay tosses.... there's just no real point in delaying..

Toss is set for 10-40 am(abt 10 mins from now). Look for Fielding first on winning the toss

I actually was getting into this tournament for a while in the midst of the group stages.

Then all this rain has been happening ever since.

Advantage SL with the heavy weather and greenish pitch. Kula Hadlee would love to bowl his thunderbolts here:amir

Bad news folks, the main cover is back on, rain expected shortly.

I actually was getting into this tournament for a while in the midst of the group stages.

Then all this rain has been happening ever since.

So it was you...

10.30am Bad news folks, the main cover is back on, rain expected shortly

Can the BCCICC just call this match off so that the fans are relieved of the torture of start-stopping-starting-stopping games witnessed under such circumstances?

India Won the Toss and elected to Field...

Chandimal and Eranga are out...Jeevan Mendis and T Perera in...

BBC says no more than 1 hour of rain left in the day. So looks like we will have a game of 40-40 overs atleast.

It will not be that easy to beat Lanka this time...

Good to see Perera back and I like Jevan Mendis as well. SL do have the batting but they need to bowl well.
India favourites but have a Young team so you never know.

Shorter the match, better would be Sri Lanka's chances. I hope rain stays away.

OK India won the toss, time for Srilankans to pack their bags and go back home. I don't see any point in continuing this match.

Mathewz did a Hafeez during the Toss?

Come now, we all know who's going to win. Why waste a 100 overs over this already.

Juat look at dhoni's beard he and me are same age infact i have got long beard than him my beard is all black ... i still cant believe he is 31 he should be 36-37 that i believe is his real age

Juat look at dhoni's beard he and me are same age infact i have got long beard than him my beard is all black ... i still cant believe he is 31 he should be 36-37 that i believe is his real age

I have been saying this repeatedly he is not 31 but if people still believe he is 31 thn i am 11 year old...

yes ...me too got the same feeling..it seems he has deduced 4-5 years

OK India won the toss, time for Srilankans to pack their bags and go back home. I don't see any point in continuing this match.

Dude, you can pack your tv and the internet. Dont watch the match.
No need for pouting drivel.

It is going to be a tie I predict!

Yadav trying to find some swing, but his speed has fallen since windies game, bowled slowly against Pakistan as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back