India v Sri Lanka | Tri-Nation Series Final | Port of Spain| 11/7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
270-280 still on cards even after this wicket...

Yes thirimanna outta here! Thank you!

Dhoni is an idiot. I have always said he is overrated and luckiest captain.

India still in control I feel. Going along way to slow thanks to Thiri and Sanga show.

Dhoni pawning everyone .... How many times we have seen Dhoni giving ball to Ishant despite knowing that batsman will score against him. And batsmen and fans fail to understand that Ishant is being used as bait to throw your wicket.

Dhoni is the luckiest captain ever seen. He just goes by his instinct, luckily working for him.

well will they even get to 250 now? goodness me, i love this new indian team. you give them an inch and they take the whole bloody field. one mistimed shot and now three quick wickets.

indeed the finest ODI team in the world by a mile and a half.

Dhoni pawning everyone .... How many times we have seen Dhoni giving ball to Ishant despite knowing that batsman will score against him. And batsmen and fans fail to understand that Ishant is being used as bait to throw your wicket.

Does not change the fact that it was not a sensible decision.

Sri Lanka 177/5 (40.0 ov) ......Cricket showing its unpredictability again...........Teaching players and us fans never underestimate or take for granted any player or situation............just takes few minutes to turn tables

Kusal what have you done gaev it away there.

SL have a mental block against India.They just cannot win from India.

no, not quite, i think they are not alone in this mental block. you can pretty much include the rest of the world in that classification. mental block or not, they cannot win against this Indian side in limited overs cricket.

Does not change the fact that it was not a sensible decision.

In hindsight yes it does.... He uses Ishant as bait. For some reason i think Ishant is just good enough if you want to score 12+ runs. But batsmen want to go for 18+ run over....
The same script is repeated again and again.

Pathetic. This is what happens when you leave things too late. Puts too much pressure on the batsmen to come and they end up throwing their wickets away.

In hindsight yes it does.... He uses Ishant as bait. For some reason i think Ishant is just good enough if you want to score 12+ runs. But batsmen want to go for 18+ run over....

Lol at the bait comment. Ishant is rubbish.

lol.. ishanth is actually a 18 run a over bowler in the end..
but batsmen wants to score 24

Well this looks a goner too. Not sure about why Wasim Raja must announce the whole "Cycle Pure Agarbhati - Third Umpire REview"

WHat is going on here? Absolute mayhem. Unbelieveable. :facepalm:

Talk of over rated players and I think Angelo Mathews is right up there, has hardly played a match wining knock.

Indian bowlers have done well here, shouldn't be difficult for this Indian batting line up!!! Shikhar to get another 100 perhaps.

Malinga is an absolute gentleman and an out and out crowd pleaser. Never fails to be a fun player to watch. Especially when you hand him a bat.

Also, what is with Sri Lanka's lower order batting? the dude is batting from the 14th leg stump!!!

No way sri lanka chocked. Anybody can see that.
Is it a possibility that the tactics by Dhoni is cause for opposition choking? Or is it just luck for dhoni...he never has tactics or strategy? Take your pick ;):kohli

:msd is a tactically good captain in shorter formats , also his players respond , he is good man manager.

Look at kumar ......... not great pace , but still one of the best new ball bowlers around.

Thank gawd that's over. Ridiculous stuff. No words can explain it really.

lol This just proves Jadeja gets most of his wickets against tailenders. No wonder his overs are saved up for last :)

:msd is a tactically good captain in shorter formats , also his players respond , he is good man manager.

I disagree, bowling 9 overs of part timers when the opposition is just looking to preserve wickets is bad tactics. Sri lanka was in great position when they were at 2-171 and then just threw away their wickets away. Sri lanka at the moment is not that good of a team.

Dhoni was much more aggressive in the champions trophy and better IMO.

I disagree, bowling 9 overs of part timers when the opposition is just looking to preserve wickets is bad tactics. Sri lanka was in great position when they were at 2-171 and then just threw away their wickets away. Sri lanka at the moment is not that good of a team.

Dhoni was much more aggressive in the champions trophy and better IMO.

Because Sri lankans batmen like Sanga were under pressure to score over 300 else match isnt safe.

To make things worse with Tharanga's fluky knock in that game against India and Thirimanna's customary ball eating 30s and 40s we'll be stuck with them for another few months, while Kusal who should be opening and Perara who should be playing will be left on the sidelines. No direction or plan at all. Also Marvan has turned these bats into ball eaters. The batting has been woeful since he took over. Can't even bat at home nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back