India vs Austraila | Match 4 | CB Series | MCG | 10/2/2008

funky4u said:
Hey Thanks a tonne to u and Dhoni fan....I beleive thr is sum ****ing problem in my internet itself....

Followin de match on cricinfo....want India to win today..

sorry to hear that mate, both the links are working beautifully for a change. and tks, hope we do win today.... :19:

India should win this...

Talk about Sharma...what a find

Healy calling sreeshant '2 shoes sreeshant'...cause he's wearing believe it or not, 2 different types of shoes. one is a nike the other adidas...

Dhonifan said:
Healy calling sreeshant '2 shoes sreeshant'...cause he's wearing believe it or not, 2 different types of shoes. one is a nike the other adidas...
thats height of greed, getting 2 endorsements this way!

5th bowler might become a problem if these guys dont get another wkt before 25 overs

wanted_desi said:
I think they will be killed by SA's new pace attack!

I doubt it. South African pace attack is not about swing. They are far more predictable.

brilliant captaincy by dhoni to bring back ishant. so unconventional and bold.

infamous9383 said:
aus batting just doesn't seem as threating as it is often made out to be.

and yet this team will come out and brow beat most other teams...

Ian chappell is a whiny old fool...whenever aus does badly he starts nagging the tactics of the opposition....now that 6th is down his voice is silent at last

infamous9383 said:
aus batting just doesn't seem as threating as it is often made out to be.

They are not getting the regular Umpiring support these days :))

F16 said:
They are not getting the regular Umpiring support these days :))

very true ....& our FFTB ponting wont cross 50 untill the umpires return to their biased normalcy !

Dhonifan said:
Ian chappell is a whiny old fool...whenever aus does badly he starts nagging the tactics of the opposition....now that 6th is down his voice is silent at last
I am surprised you dont like his comments. He is the most insightful, intelligent, unbaised, and sane commentator IMO. All his comments reflect some expert opinion and not something said in passing.

I think India should win this without any headache.

2 bad decisions against us wait a minute that was the same amount of bad decisions in the test match

New umpire please LOL

A great effort from India to restrict Australia for 160.

Australia got outclassed by India....bold captaincy by Dhoni and great stuff from Ishant

Now India have to self destruct to come even close to losing this one

Punter said:
2 bad decisions against us wait a minute that was the same amount of bad decisions in the test match

New umpire please LOL

which is the 2nd one?

Punter said:

New umpire please LOL

Well no point in crying in forums.. If you really want new umpires.. go to Malcom speed.. another Aussie.. By the way.. umpire who made the wrong call at the end.. another Aussie.. So you launch a civil war. :p

I hope India loses quick 3-4 wickets in the first 10 overs and we will have a cracking match at our hands

Punter said:

New umpire please LOL

shirrup please, only the Gilly one was bad, and Lee was not given lbw when he was PLUMB

Megadeth said:
India nvr fails to dissapoint..in matches like these :boom:

why is cricket popular in India?

Cos they can turn this walk in the park into a real close exciting contest .

I hope they prove me wrong:)

Punter said:

New umpire please LOL

Which test match are you talking about because it surely can't be the Sydney test.

Umairii99 said:
I think India should win this without any headache.
Indian cricket matches are like bollywood movies. there has to be drama, romance, comedy everything. Our guys are champions at making it interesting.

Take a seat, fasten your belts I am sure they will make it an entertaining chase.

India is never going to make it easy for themselves... even if they go on to win.

bones20 said:
Indian cricket matches are like bollywood movies. there has to be drama, romance, comedy everything. Our guys are champions at making it interesting.

Take a seat, fasten your belts I am sure they will make it an entertaining chase.

We make our drama off the pitch. :D (though our comedy is on both).

If India chase down it will be after a time of ten years India will successfully chase down a target against Australia (last time it was possible largely thanks to an excellent 134 by Sachin Tendulkar in the Sharjah Coca-Cola Cup Trophy 1998). They have had few opportunities in between but 160 is too small to be challenging I reckon, so that jinx can certainly be broken now :) .

Last edited:
I wonder why few of my Indian friends have so much of negative thoughts :( . Anyway, it´s upto the team to perform, if they believe in themselves they will knock it off.

bones20 said:
I am surprised you dont like his comments. He is the most insightful, intelligent, unbaised, and sane commentator IMO. All his comments reflect some expert opinion and not something said in passing.

Australia were 5 down for 60, which is something not many teams manage, and after a few runs were scored he starts to point out all the mistakes Dhoni is making. Then he goes on and on about how Australia can get to 200+ and win with their great bowling attack...at one point Tony Greig (or Taylor maybe) was prompted to say that Indians were doing great.

This is the same guy who at Perth, with Australia losign 4 quick wkts comes out and says 'I feel Indians are trying to be cute, as if to say look how smart we are, but I feel they have run out of options'.

He knows his cricket yes, but his nitpicking starts to grate. Maybe it's just me... :13:

jackal786 said:
Well no point in crying in forums.. If you really want new umpires.. go to Malcom speed.. another Aussie.. By the way.. umpire who made the wrong call at the end.. another Aussie.. So you launch a civil war. :p

Yeah thats right lol you Indians never had a cry :))

DHONI183 said:
I wonder why few of my Indian friends have so much of negative thoughts :( . Anyway, it´s upto the team to perform, if they believe in themselves they will knock it off.

maybe 17-18 years of following Indian cricket :)

Dhonifan said:
Australia were 5 down for 60, which is something not many teams manage, and after a few runs were scored he starts to point out all the mistakes Dhoni is making. Then he goes on and on about how Australia can get to 200+ and win with their great bowling attack...at one point Tony Greig (or Taylor maybe) was prompted to say that Indians were doing great.

This is the same guy who at Perth, with Australia losign 4 quick wkts comes out and says 'I feel Indians are trying to be cute, as if to say look how smart we are, but I feel they have run out of options'.

He knows his cricket yes, but his nitpicking starts to grate. Maybe it's just me... :13:

Agree. At times even he is so annoying. But again, he is far, far better than his biased colleagues.

nikred said:
maybe 17-18 years of following Indian cricket :)

More than the team it´s the fans themselves who don´t have any faith at all in their team.

DHONI183 said:
More than the team it´s the fans themselves who don´t have any faith at all in their team.

nah Indians will win but not without any drama. but i so wish they prove me wrong.

Punter said:
Yeah thats right lol you Indians never had a cry :))

considering you guys had 105568 decisions favoring you to 105.568 to opposition, you cant cry till 2015 I reckon... :p

India team was well led by a supportless Dhoni :19: .

Nothing surprising in their performance today. Their youngsters do have potential but they lack huge fan following that Gangulies and Dravids have. Right now they need support to come good but few fickle-minded Indian cricket fans just want their favourite players to play rather than thinking about the future of the team that lies ahead.

I don’t think the aussies have been all out for under 200 for a very looooooooooooooong time. For a change our bowling went in for the kill and did it superbly.

Very impressive captaincy from MSD.. But for persisiting with Sehwag for an over too many, all his moves were spot on..And the bowlers delivered..

India has the momentum now - try to win with the extra point - should boost our confidence going into Manuka Oval.

DHONI183 said:
Agree. At times even he is so annoying. But again, he is far, far better than his biased colleagues.
I would have agreed with you earlier, but today I found Mark Taylor like a breath of fresh air after Ian stopped whining...oh well.. :11:

Indiagem said:
Very impressive captaincy from MSD.. But for persisiting with Sehwag for an over too many, all his moves were spot on..And the bowlers delivered..

India has the momentum now - try to win with the extra point - should boost our confidence going into Manuka Oval.

I guess I will have to listen to Zee News again for Dhoni bashing :6: :6: :6: :6: ......... :O .......

just wish we don’t screw up the chase...........low totals can be tricky.........need a blinder from Sehwag at the top

Did you see the reaction of Symonds after he edged the ball. He was waiting for the upmire to give him out, even though it was a big edge.

Gavaskar took the opportunity to rub it in. He said there was going to be no repeat of the Sydney test

DHONI183 said:
I guess I will have to listen to Zee News again for Dhoni bashing :6: :6: :6: :6: ......... :O .......

dhoni bashing??? why???? he had a dream match so far both as captain and a keeper. :)

Indiagem said:
Did you see the reaction of Symonds after he edged the ball. He was waiting for the upmire to give him out, even though it was a big edge.

Gavaskar took the opportunity to rub it in. He said there was going to be no repeat of the Sydney test

I noticed it and my first reaction was 'naahhh, tell me he isn't looking at the umpire hoping for a reprieve'.. :))
Bucknor has spoiled him rotten.

nikred said:
dhoni bashing??? why???? he had a dream match so far both as captain and a keeper. :)

You don´t know them, mate :10: . India is yet to lose a match in the CB series but they dedicate 20 minutes out of their 30 miutes bulletin to bash Dhoni as if they are clean-sweeped somewhere :O . Actually not their fault, they seemed to have signed a contract with Indian veterans like Ganguly, Dravid, Laxman etc :p . The entire bulletin is surrounded around their past records and achievements :21: .

Last edited:
Dhonifan said:

Hmm strange. I never got this feeling. Probably, he was speaking like this since he has seen Australia do this a few many times in the past. If you remember in our first match against australia, even we were 95/5 and still managed to score 195.

These days in ODIs with almost all 11 players knowing to bat somewhat, if each plays 30 deliveries, you can bat out 50 overs. you hardly see all outs batting first in ODIs now.

So I think its just a matter of how you look at it. There are many expert commentators out there who feel Ian Chappel is one of the better commentators. I specifically like his presonal comments on individual players like his comments on Rohit Sharma or his assesments of player moves. For eg, when hayden went back inside the crease while facing the free hit from Sharma, he pre commented that it was negate the yorker and thats exactly what happened. Just try to listen to hs comments without this bias. his views are pretty much based on his observations and as such never expresses any feelings

Dhonifan said:
I noticed it and my first reaction was 'naahhh, tell me he isn't looking at the umpire hoping for a reprieve'.. :))
Bucknor has spoiled him rotten.

Don´t know why but his dismissal today even reminded me of Steve Bucknor :6: :6: :6: .......

Indiagem said:

Naah, to be fair to symmo the catch was not clean.

DHONI183 said:
If India chase down it will be after a time of ten years India will successfully chase down a target against Australia (last time it was possible largely thanks to an excellent 134 by Sachin Tendulkar in the Sharjah Coca-Cola Cup Trophy 1998). They have had few opportunities in between but 160 is too small to be challenging I reckon, so that jinx can certainly be broken now :) .
People having such short memory in these days :) just few months ago India did it at Bombay :)

god bless cricinfo. i knw all of u will get this easily, but still

“Plenty of queries as to when Australia were last bowled out inside 50 overs. Well, not long ago, actually - they were dismissed for 193 by India in Mumbai as recently as October 17, 2007. Before that, New Zealand got them for 148 in 49.3 overs on February 16. The last time they failed to bat out 50 overs in Australia was a week before that when, at this very ground, they were bowled out by England for 252 in 48.3 overs. England also dismissed them for 200 in 38.5 overs at the SCG on February 2, so thats four times in 2007. Going back further, they were bowled out for 93 in 34.3 overs by South Africa on March 3, 2006 in Cape Town. Hope that answers the tons of emails coming in. Goodbye for now.

And umm ... by the way ... Australia lost all the above mentioned games.”

woohoo.

almost a catch to second slip off sehwag.. what is pfricky doing keeping only 1 slip

Sehwag stop being a D**k H**d... just use the innings to improve ur average... don't flash around for balls like we're chasing 300!!

Indiagem said:
almost a catch to second slip off sehwag.. what is pfricky doing keeping only 1 slip
My feeling is they want to give India some wins to keep indian public interest, get IPL contracts.

dumb captaincy from ponting .. to go with his horrid batting ... ponting in an allround slump.

kashif77 said:
dumb captaincy from ponting .. to go with his horrid batting ... ponting in an allround slump.
that is good...he should have this slump for a very long time

Back