India vs Australia | 1st Test | Chennai | 24/2/13 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

battler

ODI Debutant
Runs
Will sachin get his 101 century today?more importantly will India get a lead?

India will be out around 280-310 range. 50-60 run lead for australia.

Pattinson looks like a maniac with that hair and his aggression.. lol

This pitch is worst to bowl for fast bowlers too slow too flat dont think guys Like Philander Junaid will make any impact on this pitch Patto is all about sheer pace :akhtar

More than likely, India will get a lead. It would be hard for Australia to get India out cheaply. Both Sachin and Kohli seems well set and playing with little trouble. It's a spinning track and Australia putting too much faith on the pacers. Also, Indian batting lineup is 10 deep. I would be very surprised if India does not get a comfortable lead in the first inning. More than likely, a draw or victory for India on this test. Sachin is showing, he is still one of the best batsmen India has. Old man is in no mood to retire anytime soon.

Last edited:
This pitch is worst to bowl for fast bowlers too slow too flat dont think guys Like Philander Junaid will make any impact on this pitch Patto is all about sheer pace :akhtar

Funny you say that, i am sure you haven't watched Junaid bowl he took a 5fer on a flat track in Abu Dhabi, and the best of all he even took a 5fer against Srilanka in Colombo on an absolute road in the summer heat of Srilanka.

It says something about the bounce in a pitch when bouncers can't go over Tendulkar's head :)))

Pattinson bowling remarkably well in these conditions. Making of a great bowler. Can't believe few posters here suggested Starc>>Pattinson :facepalm:

Funny you say that, i am sure you haven't watched Junaid bowl he took a 5fer on a flat track in Abu Dhabi, and the best of all he even took a 5fer against Srilanka in Colombo on an absolute road in the summer heat of Srilanka.

come on that pitch was still harder atleast there was a good carry look at this pitch nightmare for fast bowlers this pitch is dust bowl no carry at all

Bowl is definitely reversing. One wicket can open the flood gates, It's important that these two score big here.

Aussies clearly lack one quality spinner, you need at least one good spinner here.

lyon committed blasphemy by getting little god out before his 100, he shall face the wrath now :sachin I think Lyon might be an atheist :moyo

Last edited:
Starc getting a lot of overs here, while Siddle and Patto are managed. Gather that means Starc is getting rested next game.....

Good counter attack from Dhoni. I think things are about even, given India have to bat last on this "pitch". I think thats worth 40-80 runs.

New ball is due, that is the key. The trend in this match has been for partnerships in the afternoon so need to make the new ball count or we might be facing a deficit at the end of play.

Game in balance right now, Kohli needs to continue by anchoring one end... absorbing session that one!

Good counter attack from Dhoni. I think things are about even, given India have to bat last on this "pitch". I think thats worth 40-80 runs.

Looks like draw will be the result.

10% chance for India to win.

India will only bat once me thinks. India might use the entire 3rd day. That will leave 2 days for Aus and India to bat again? Draw seems more likely.

This match is not heading for a draw. How can you call it a draw just after 4 sessions. Most likely we will see a result. Batting won't be easy on day 4 and day 5. I expect both teams to fold cheaply in their 2nd innings.

Last edited:
Either a draw or win for India are the most likely outcome of this game. You can see that Australia will have hard time getting twenty wickets on this pitch with just a medicore off spinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back