India vs England | 2nd Test | Mumbai | 25/11/12 | Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
England can potentially take a massive hold on this series on day 3 of the second test. A good day with the bat will put the pressure right on India. With Monty and Swann bowling well and the batting looking solid the tables will turn.

England's batters will try their level best to not lose any wicket before Lunch! And India must come up with a plan to dismiss their defense.

England's batters will try their level best to not lose any wicket before Lunch! And India must come up with a plan to dismiss their defense.

As long as we dont give easy singles wickets doesnt matter..they will collapse

KP looks to remain busy! Either wicket will fall or he will continue to score runs.

Don't worrry, we have all marked what you said on day 1 of this match!
England will not cross 150!

:))

I did not know, Aleem Dar will change his middle to Bucknot during the game.... and start burning 1b people! :p

Captain Cook again. Tied for most centuries by an Englishman with that.

This is the reason why KP is a superior batsman and a Match Winner compared to some run machines . Now he is easily taking the game away from India , I have never see any other batsman clicking so often at the right time , when the opportunity is there , he performs .

Big Impact glayer .

Good over this by Bhaj, keep the same line, mistake will happen.

Expecting an OTT celebration by KP after the century . Lot of jumping and all that .

KP with a reverse! Delightful.

Relatively subdued celebration too.

Congratulations to both for their hundreds!

That were two different, but brilliant innings!

India would not mind Eng getting a lead of around 50 runs, any lead over over 100 would bother India here.

Top 100s by KP and captain Cook. KP striking at around 80. Good to see him back. Trail by 90 now need to keep this going.

Harbhajan is easily the worst bowler in this game.

Means he'll get a five-fer at some point.

Runs are important , Eng should not get bogged down but make sure they keep the scoreboard ticking.

Why is Zaheer Khan not bowling? Dhoni has completely forgotten him it seems. He is good with old ball.

England trail by 90 runs with 8 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

It's England game to lose now. England might take 150-200 runs lead if either of Cook or KP bats for long and then India will find it tough to even draw the match.

Game is firmly in England's control now.

Last edited:
Last 10 ovs 51/0 RR 5.10

Are they playing an ODI???

Dhoni who usually is a good captain in these conditions has been very poor this morning. Good batting by English batsmen though.

India need to stop singles here now, get control over the flow of runs. Dry the runs a little. Runs play an important part.

Well done Cook and especially KP for coming back strong after his embarrassment in the first test. Fantastic scoring rate taking the game to India and with their dibbly dobbly spinners this could turn in to a huge match winning lead for the English.

Zaheer being rested for the new ball..on his own. lol

Last 10 ovs 51/0 RR 5.10

Are they playing an ODI???

That's the right way to go. I think Indian batsmen let Swaan/Paneshar settle into rhythm and they kept bowling right line/length.

England should score quick runs and get a decent lead then they will win this test match. India is not going to come back and score 500 runs in 2nd innings. If England can take 150-200 runs lead and do it in quick time then they will have plenty of time to bowl India out and score 50-100 runs needed to win the match in their 4th innings.

That's the right way to go. I think Indian batsmen let Swaan/Paneshar settle into rhythm and they kept bowling right line/length.

What did Ashwin and Pujara do different than other Indian batsmen?

After a slow start, Ashwin has accelerated a lot and is now nearing another hundred!

Lovely batting from both these players. There's some help in the pitch but Indian bowlers have just looked ordinary.

Drinks. Sixteen overs bowled. England have looted 78 runs. India looking clueless on a good pitch for spin

Last 10 ovs 60/0 RR 6.0

....and Bulbuls were making fun of Imran Tahir! :))

What did Ashwin and Pujara do different than other Indian batsmen?

Pujara was playing very well but Ashwin was always looking to score. I felt Indian top order allowed Spinners to bowl right line/length without trying even once to disturb them. Spinners bowled very well so all credit to them.

:))

I did not know, Aleem Dar will change his middle to Bucknot during the game.... and start burning 1b people! :p

Dar helping is fine but they batted well. Even with Dar's help they won't be in commanding position if they had batted poorly. Too many people were writing off England after Indian innings. I was hoping that KP will play one of his Gems here and he is doing it right now.

Great cricket from England but still a lot of work to be done.

Last edited:
"Kevin Pietersen is a litle bit Vivian Richards like" Sanjay Manjrekar!

England looking good but still 80 behind, anything can happen.

Oh come on, admit it :p England is likely to win this game unless England commits suicide here. 100-150 run lead will be more than handy specially if pitch crumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back