India vs New Zealand | 3rd Test | Nagpur | 19-24 November 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's lunch 7 wkt in this session ..well played India ....this is a one sided game from day one....

Dravid Man of series
Bhajji Man of match.

:14:

bhajji man of series
dravid man of match.

Last edited:
ulta bol diya hai

Bhajji was MOTS
Dravid was MOTM

Congrats India on 1-0 series win! Kiwis battled hard and i guess they should be proud of efforts in 1st two tests of the series.

Good win for India Congrats to them. They played like champs but they will be tested by no2 ranked team in the world in their back yard which will be tough so good luck Indian team. Btw I am looking fwd to that series more than the ashes.

Congratulations to India, but it's come 2 tests too late. This was a real chance to further nail down the no.1 spot, but they leave the series with more questions than answers, having been given a really good fight by what is essentially a poor side. India's upcoming away series in South Africa and England will provide a strong indication of how good they really are, and frankly after this series it is difficult to have a huge amount of faith in them. Their bowling attack does suffer without Kumble and a genuinely quick bowler.

Congratulations to India, but it's come 2 tests too late. This was a real chance to further nail down the no.1 spot, but they leave the series with more questions than answers, having been given a really good fight by what is essentially a poor side. India's upcoming away series in South Africa and England will provide a strong indication of how good they really are, and frankly after this series it is difficult to have a huge amount of faith in them. Their bowling attack does suffer without Kumble and a genuinely quick bowler.

I think India need more of a challenge to up their game.

I doubt england will test them. We have better batsmen than the ones we played while touring last time and the bowlers can also be handful in those conditions.It will actually be a test for the english bowlers esp Swann.

Yes the victory has come two tests late, but the good thing is the manner in which they won the last test( with zaheer missing and dravid and gamb's coming back to form).

any idea about the deal, some other boards might be interested :akhtar
Yup who is making deal....a win win for all if PCB gets the delamaker....They can get Amir,Butt and akthar in team...and hold a 10 test match series and get paid by BCCI to loose .....biookies happy...players happy...PCB happy and BCCI cricket team happy....win win for all//.............deal:ibutt

I doubt england will test them.

In English conditions? Most Indian batsmen struggle against the moving ball, not to mention the Indian bowling attack is kind of pathetic overseas and the England batting unit has improved beyond comprehension. India beat a poor England side 1-0 three years ago, but that was mainly because the umpires denied England their final wicket at Lords, and a team of Indian swing bowlers came together at Trent Bridge - can't see either of those things happening again. England are too professional, and too strong at home now.

swann is going to give the indians a big test..he's not your average spinner and Indians are vulnerable to good off spinners in non indian conditions...the major factor will be srt though..and probably dravid..the english attack wont have it their own way and we know they are vulnerable in the middle order...plus they wont be bowling to non batsman like malik and farhat!!

Sehwag, SRT, Dravid and Laxman against the older ball present the biggest threat to England --- I am completely unafraid of their bowling attack.

swann is going to give the indians a big test..he's not your average spinner and Indians are vulnerable to good off spinners in non indian conditions...the major factor will be srt though..and probably dravid..the english attack wont have it their own way and we know they are vulnerable in the middle order...plus they wont be bowling to non batsman like malik and farhat!!

India chased down 387 i think it was on a fifth day chennai pitch with swann bowling! the bowlers who would trouble the indian batsman or any batsman are, who can extract extra bounce from the wicket or swing it late!

That was in India. English conditions these days are a different animal my friend, and the bowlers have improved as a unit immeasurably since that day.

In English conditions? Most Indian batsmen struggle against the moving ball, not to mention the Indian bowling attack is kind of pathetic overseas and the England batting unit has improved beyond comprehension. India beat a poor England side 1-0 three years ago, but that was mainly because the umpires denied England their final wicket at Lords, and a team of Indian swing bowlers came together at Trent Bridge - can't see either of those things happening again. England are too professional, and too strong at home now.

Hahah, you are good at typing garbage.

Most Indian batsmen struggle against the moving ball? Really?

Like Sachin, Dravid and Laxman and Sehwag? Two of them average 60+ and other two average in 40s. We are only left with Gambhir, Raina/Pujara and Dhoni. Gambhir acquitted himself admirably well in New Zealand but admittedly conditions were not the most hostile for a batsman. Still, mistake to write him off yet. Amusingly, even Dhoni sports a 50+ average in England. It was mad funny to see England’s domestic bullies grunt and sweat to prize his wicket out at Lords. Gem of an innings. So that leaves us with Raina or his competitor Pujara. I’ll hand you that these two toddlers might struggle a little but we’ll be wiser after the India-SA series is over. The long and short being, your statement reeks of ignorance.

India’s bowling attack is pathetic overseas? Man to man they are better than England’s. It’s bizarre how much abuse Ishant cops after bowling mostly on back breaking Sub-continental tracks. Stuart Broad on the other hand enjoys an uncritical ride. Despite having a near identical record after bowling mostly in seamer friendly conditions. Zaheer is a more complete package than Anderson. Swann undoubtedly is performing at level above Bhajji on current form.

We're both somewhere near a reasonable debate. The original point I disagreed with was that England would not even give India a test in England, which certainly is garbage. New Zealand just gave India a test in India!

We're both somewhere near a reasonable debate. The original point I disagreed with was that England would not even give India a test in England, which certainly is garbage. New Zealand just gave India a test in India!

A total lifeless track kind of negates the advantage. Just ask Steyn toiling against a frankly mediocre line-up in Dubai. NZ did we well in one session in Ahmedabad but they played to save the game in Hyd.

Of course, NZ did not threaten victory in the series, but 1-0 at home against a team that had just been whitewashed by Bangladesh is hardly a good result. More questions than answers. Harby looks way off the mark in the bowling stakes.

India's upcoming away series in South Africa and England will provide a strong indication of how good they really are,

Mate, this is what triggered my statement. You can't put England and SA in the same bracket. Our bowling is not as bad as you suggest. Except anderson, i don't think anyone else might trouble us. And yes the english team have improved from the last time, but hey so have the indians and by big means too. As i said before, it will be a test for Swann and if you say SRT and co. will struggle against the new ball, you must be kidding.

Of course, NZ did not threaten victory in the series, but 1-0 at home against a team that had just been whitewashed by Bangladesh is hardly a good result. More questions than answers. Harby looks way off the mark in the bowling stakes.

Yup...NZ can hold their head high because they ran the #1 team close for 10 of the 15 days. India should have won the series in a better fashion against the #8 team.

The problem with the Indian team is they always perform to the level of the opposition which means they up their performance against the Aussies and go down against Bangladesh. Certainly an area where they need to focus hard if they are to be called a champion team.

If not they will just be inconsistent like they are today..the choice is theirs

I would say your bowling has declined and your batting has improved. England have improved in all areas. We are definitely in the same bracket as South Africa - we beat Australia and drew 1-1 in South Africa.

Why bring the whitewash into picture?

Was it the same format?
Was it even the same team that represented N.Zin both occasions?

I'm not saying their test team is better or worse than the one that got whitewashed but the point is the comparision is futile. These concers were raised even when we blanked aus 2-0. Harby has looked rubbish in the past, but the thing about him is if he performs it will be big, he's a match winner. Also he does perform in crisis situations. It's just a feeling that, you should not give up on him and the change for the better is always around the corner.

I would say your bowling has declined and your batting has improved. England have improved in all areas. We are definitely in the same bracket as South Africa - we beat Australia and drew 1-1 in South Africa.

Hold on to that thought. We will know if this is true in SA. To be fair to the Indians our bowlers have bowled in unhelpful decks for pretty much the whole of this year. I expect them to be good when bowling in helpful conditions.

We did have seamer friendly conditions during some ODI matches in SL and did pretty well there.

I guess we just need to wait and watch to settle this one. The problem is india has not played this rejuvenated england side for sometime now.Since we won the last two series against eng, the effect isn't just there. We always fear SA and AUS more than say Eng or SRI anyday.

I think Ryders overtaken Taylor as NZ's best batsmen. Taylors mental capacity this series has been pretty poor (obviously not talking about today when he was given out wrongly).

IMO he can go one of two ways; He can acknowledge he needs to work hard to get back to where he was, or go the other way and turn to rubbish.

Such a talented batsmen, but he just throws his wicket away too often. Ryder makes the opposistion get him out.

A few years ago it was well documentated that Taylor could go on to be NZ's best batsmen. He may not even be the best we have in the team, as I see Ryder and Williamson overtaking him in the next few years.

Hope I'm wrong, because boy he is a talent.

I think Ryders overtaken Taylor as NZ's best batsmen. Taylors mental capacity this series has been pretty poor (obviously not talking about today when he was given out wrongly).

IMO he can go one of two ways; He can acknowledge he needs to work hard to get back to where he was, or go the other way and turn to rubbish.

Such a talented batsmen, but he just throws his wicket away too often. Ryder makes the opposistion get him out.

A few years ago it was well documentated that Taylor could go on to be NZ's best batsmen. He may not even be the best we have in the team, as I see Ryder and Williamson overtaking him in the next few years.

Hope I'm wrong, because boy he is a talent.

Stop copy pasting posts from other forums dude.

Last edited:
Good win for India Congrats to them. They played like champs but they will be tested by no2 ranked team in the world in their back yard which will be tough so good luck Indian team. Btw I am looking fwd to that series more than the ashes.

Good win for India & SA series will be a good contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back