International Cricket Captain 2012

Anyway to not get tonked for 7 an over :))

Doesn't matter who I try the lankans are able to dispatch almost everything to the boundary!

i played a few limited over games on the sl tour, keep defensive fields and very low aggression for odis and t20s and wide open fields.

i put a score on the board, and when they cant hit the boundaries regularly they get out, hafeez took 4-20 and 5-9 for me.

When I click on trial; It shuts down and this is down to the anti-viruse programs I have; I can't be arsed to delete Zone Alarm and all the other programs.

Can't wait to download it when it's available for Mac

I herd you can't buy a cd you have to download it from the Mac App Store ? Can anyone confirm

Sorry mate, I can't give you a game now.

Got to go work; Will play you and other PP's some other day.

Just got this game from a friend, IPL league is so tough as the game needs batsman to be settled before playing their shots and 20 overs is very short. Any tips guys?

I'm playing International Career with Team Pakistan and they are really struggling. I was pretty good at the previous versions - glad to see this is more challenging.

Contemplating whether to buy it. I was hoping for new commentary.

Just got this game from a friend, IPL league is so tough as the game needs batsman to be settled before playing their shots and 20 overs is very short. Any tips guys?

When bowling, bowl on full length outside off stump with 7-2 field with three aggression bars. When you start leaking runs, lower the aggression to one bar and spread the field on the off side after 6 overs. No team were able to score more than 160 against me using this tactic. 95% of the time, I restricted the teams to less than 130.

When batting first, start both batsmen with six aggression bars. After a couple of overs, move up one bar and so on.... If a batsman gets out and a new one comes with plenty of overs left, do the same. If you lose a couple of quick wickets, lower the bar to 5 and move one up after a couple of overs and so on... After 15 overs, if you have plenty of wickets left, go for all out attack.

When batting second, start with 5 aggression bars and repeat the process above. Even if you are chasing a low score, try to achieve it as quickly as possible. Never drag it to the last over.

Using above tactics, I won IPL two out of two times playing as Kolkata. :yk

Actually its quite easy.

Firstly, I took Chennai and skipped one season. Second season i could now fix up my squad.

I realize that 22 players are WAY too much for just 18 T20's.

So I made up my mind to have a squad of 17 and 5 really cheap players.

I spent only 550K ish on those 5 players (most were players only available for 25%-50% of the season, so i got them cheap)

I resigned Ashwin (900K) and most of my good indian bats, and let Jadeja walk. He was asking for 1.5 Mill.

Then I signed 6 international players who are all allrounders. Gayle, Hafeez, Afridi, Tanvir, Pienaar, someone I forgot

So my team was made up with 6 allrounders, Dhoni, and rest indian bats. Out of those, 4 were international allrounders, Joginder Sharma, and Ashwin.

So my whole Line up is made up of all players who can bat + I have 1 extra bowler if anyone is getting ripped apart!

Opened with Gayle and Hafeez: Gayle on 6 bars, Hafeez on 7.

And once gayle got going he moved t o 7

The rest was just on the spur. If I lose 4 opening wickets quickly aggression moves to 6-4. If I dont lose wickets then aggressions are at 8. If I have a few wickets remaining at end of 18 overs. Its max aggression

I played 3 seasons. THe first season I lost in q1. The second season I lost in the final, and the last season I won it, and my trial expired :p

Basically my whole thing was based on Allrounders.

Oh and for bowling, i just had defensive fields through out (like full defensive) unless i took like 4-6 wkts in the first 6 overs. Then I started being a little more agggressive to try to take the tailenders out

Last edited:
Yes, all rounders are the way to go in T20's!

When bowling, bowl on full length outside off stump with 7-2 field with three aggression bars. When you start leaking runs, lower the aggression to one bar and spread the field on the off side after 6 overs. No team were able to score more than 160 against me using this tactic. 95% of the time, I restricted the teams to less than 130.

When batting first, start both batsmen with six aggression bars. After a couple of overs, move up one bar and so on.... If a batsman gets out and a new one comes with plenty of overs left, do the same. If you lose a couple of quick wickets, lower the bar to 5 and move one up after a couple of overs and so on... After 15 overs, if you have plenty of wickets left, go for all out attack.

When batting second, start with 5 aggression bars and repeat the process above. Even if you are chasing a low score, try to achieve it as quickly as possible. Never drag it to the last over.

Using above tactics, I won IPL two out of two times playing as Kolkata. :yk

Thanks for the tip FAM, the fielding tip is v.good although I find some players spank my team no matter what field I set :)

Actually its quite easy.

Firstly, I took Chennai and skipped one season. Second season i could now fix up my squad.

I realize that 22 players are WAY too much for just 18 T20's.

So I made up my mind to have a squad of 17 and 5 really cheap players.

I spent only 550K ish on those 5 players (most were players only available for 25%-50% of the season, so i got them cheap)

I resigned Ashwin (900K) and most of my good indian bats, and let Jadeja walk. He was asking for 1.5 Mill.

Then I signed 6 international players who are all allrounders. Gayle, Hafeez, Afridi, Tanvir, Pienaar, someone I forgot

So my team was made up with 6 allrounders, Dhoni, and rest indian bats. Out of those, 4 were international allrounders, Joginder Sharma, and Ashwin.

So my whole Line up is made up of all players who can bat + I have 1 extra bowler if anyone is getting ripped apart!

Opened with Gayle and Hafeez: Gayle on 6 bars, Hafeez on 7.

And once gayle got going he moved t o 7

The rest was just on the spur. If I lose 4 opening wickets quickly aggression moves to 6-4. If I dont lose wickets then aggressions are at 8. If I have a few wickets remaining at end of 18 overs. Its max aggression

I played 3 seasons. THe first season I lost in q1. The second season I lost in the final, and the last season I won it, and my trial expired :p

Basically my whole thing was based on Allrounders.

Oh and for bowling, i just had defensive fields through out (like full defensive) unless i took like 4-6 wkts in the first 6 overs. Then I started being a little more agggressive to try to take the tailenders out

Thanks I am playing Chennai too but this game engine makes no sense, for example A Morkel played out a maiden of the last over with full aggression when only 3 runs needed for victory. I am very angry ICC2010 had way better AI.

Well for trial users, clock can come in more handy than reinstalling the windows again. ;-)

Finally getting a good team together. Fawad Alam is a gem as usual!

started a new game with ICC 2011 mac version today, have been doing decent so far and surprisingly Azhar Ali has been the best bowler for me, got two 7fers and one included a hat-trick :azhar

screenshot20120723at418.png

Yes you can but only with IPL/County/Shield teams, not international ones.

Also about the trial thing - Reset the clock to the time you started the game first every time before you play. ;-)

Want to play an internet game SA123? T20? Ive never played before online.

Sorry bro had to leave the computer. Ill contact you directly at the other place and we will arrange a match. Hopefully you werent waiting around too much.

so the 2013 version is out and there is a great feature.. All-Time-Great series mode!

Tried my first ODI in that. Turned out to be classic Indo-Pak encounter, only the result wasn't in my favour :p
India batted first and brilliantly at that, Could've got to 350 if not for a slight tumble in middle order.
ChZc8qC.jpg

And Indian bowlers gave it away easily :))
7KbTxub.jpg

PS: Kapil Dev > Imran

jk

http://www.childishthings.com/

International Cricket Captain 2013
Out now on PC. Coming soon on Mac, iPhone and iPad.

International Cricket Captain is back for 2013, with the most realistic game engine ever seen in a cricket game, new game modes, features and statistics. Everything is set for an action packed season of international and domestic cricket, which sees Australia and England battle it out in home and away test series. Whichever form of cricket you enjoy, from test to twenty over, Cricket Captain simulates every nuance to perfection putting you in complete control.

Every wondered how Bradman would shape up against Botham? This year sees the introduction of the ‘all-time greats’ series, which allows you to play a custom-made international series featuring star players from the golden ages of test cricket to the present day. You can also re-create some of the classic test series between England and Australia. Options to play custom-series game modes home or away, and to pick the opposition team, allow you to simulate the clash exactly as it happened. You can even play along with the summer’s test match cricket and one-day competitions.

Another first for Cricket Captain is the much requested introduction of international matches on-line. Build up an international team in single player mode and then challenge players from across the globe. Improved detection of edited teams in all online modes, and the ability to play mobile and Mac users, make this all the more addictive.

Improvements to the game engine have allowed greater realism in the close-catching positions for field settings, and refinements in the run-scoring engine mean every form of cricket is now perfectly balanced.

Another great feature, included by popular demand, is the ability to choose to captain just the T20, OD, or FC teams in English and Australian domestic cricket. We’ve also added separate player statistics for each competition (separating Indian, English and Australian season stats).

International Cricket Captain 2013 is all set for the summer. Are you ready to take your team to glory?

so the 2013 version is out and there is a great feature.. All-Time-Great series mode!

Tried my first ODI in that. Turned out to be classic Indo-Pak encounter, only the result wasn't in my favour :p
India batted first and brilliantly at that, Could've got to 350 if not for a slight tumble in middle order.
ChZc8qC.jpg

And Indian bowlers gave it away easily :))
7KbTxub.jpg

PS: Kapil Dev > Imran

jk

where you get the game from, i tried looking online but couldnt find a trial, got tonight and tmou free so wd be a nice time pass

Played a match V India in All time great mode. Fantastic stuff! Scary that my ATG bowling attack in One Days was

Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Shoaib
Saqlain

Scary thing is that for the majority of the early 90s we had Imran/Wasim/Waqar playing together BUT during the 1999 world cup we had Wasim Waqar Shoaib Saqlain together!!

Does anyone still play it or am I the only one. I play the 2020 version will buy the 2021 version once I am done with my exams in September.
I play on none highlights and imagine the action. Literally the best cricket game ever made. Never gets boring

i download the free version every year, play one game and realise its pretty much a database update then never play it again.

cant believe they charge for a game which is essentially unchanged for decades.

i even had australian cricket captain back in the day, lolol.

Back