International Cricket Captain 2012

i download the free version every year, play one game and realise its pretty much a database update then never play it again.

cant believe they charge for a game which is essentially unchanged for decades.

i even had australian cricket captain back in the day, lolol.

I buy it every year man. Theres always enough to keep me buying it in terms of player updates but yeah its just a database update. I dont play the international domestic leagues just international career mode.

Bought the latest version but hardly played it yet.

I buy it every year man. Theres always enough to keep me buying it in terms of player updates but yeah its just a database update. I dont play the international domestic leagues just international career mode.

Honestly I don't really know what people really want the devs to do. Making the game like FM would kill it for majority of people as it would stop being a game.
And honestly every year there a re changes made to match engine. The scoring rates have increased a lot from previous version. The AI has got better and there is now DLS and super over.

it's a very boring game. I think I played it 14-15 years back. Football manager is much better and has more complexity than this one.

it's a very boring game. I think I played it 14-15 years back. Football manager is much better and has more complexity than this one.

Its not a boring game. Personally I do not play video games. This is the only game I have been playing since 2016 (when I first discovered it). Its super exciting because it is missing all the stupid stuff that FM has included.
Database update , Match engine improvements and UI improvements are more than enough for me to buy it every year

tbh i did enjoy playing test matches some time ago.

Honestly I don't really know what people really want the devs to do. Making the game like FM would kill it for majority of people as it would stop being a game.
And honestly every year there a re changes made to match engine. The scoring rates have increased a lot from previous version. The AI has got better and there is now DLS and super over.

its not so much about what the devs should do, but that in essence you are being charged for patches every year. if it was a fiver, id pbly still buy it.

if ur asking me what changes id like to see, off the top of my head:
1. get rid of the graphic engine. its just annoying seeing 15 year old graphics, and imo they didnt add anything to the game.
2. update the interface to make squad selections easier, more interactive and intuitive filtering.
3. give player option to decide FTP, the domestic teams allowed all kind of decision making which was beyond the scope of the captain, i.e. player development, budgets, etc, but when it comes to national teams i cannot try to arrange more tours.
4. give option to get rid of the penalty to simulate results, i dont have time to play each and every game, if i want a lighter quicker match experience, let me do that.
5. have player relations metrics, so that element of team harmory / chemistry exists, at least have some personality stats to help choose the captain.

could pbly think of more, but i aint played it in a year or two.

tbh i did enjoy playing test matches some time ago.

its not so much about what the devs should do, but that in essence you are being charged for patches every year. if it was a fiver, id pbly still buy it.

if ur asking me what changes id like to see, off the top of my head:
1. get rid of the graphic engine. its just annoying seeing 15 year old graphics, and imo they didnt add anything to the game.
2. update the interface to make squad selections easier, more interactive and intuitive filtering.
3. give player option to decide FTP, the domestic teams allowed all kind of decision making which was beyond the scope of the captain, i.e. player development, budgets, etc, but when it comes to national teams i cannot try to arrange more tours.
4. give option to get rid of the penalty to simulate results, i dont have time to play each and every game, if i want a lighter quicker match experience, let me do that.
5. have player relations metrics, so that element of team harmory / chemistry exists, at least have some personality stats to help choose the captain.

could pbly think of more, but i aint played it in a year or two.
Agree with all your points. I don't know what the graphic engine is for. It actually funny really. It shouldn't have been there in first place. Makes the game boring and unrealistic. Plus you can't play online due to this.
If they had not spent on the graphic engine then other areas would have been more developed. Nobody plays cc for the graphics

give proper stats to players, and develop them etc like fm series. you can only select players based on average rather than ability. its a very simple game with database updates but i also play it every year andf have been since 2012, easier on the ipad now

player relationship is very important and could bring the much needed complexity in the games.

For example player A and B are awesome players playing for the same team but due to different personal traits, there may chance that both may underperform due to the lack of chemistry.

It gives you the inevitable choice.

Will you bet in choosing both of your best players thus risking everything or you will chose a safer option by playing one?

In fighting inside the team should be introduced. The game will be more realistic.

It will be hard to code for these scenarios and will need an AI to incorporate but they have been developing this game for 15 years for God's sake. It's time they actually bring some elements that worth the price.

They are just miking it with minor updates and publishing it as major updates.

player relationship is very important and could bring the much needed complexity in the games.

For example player A and B are awesome players playing for the same team but due to different personal traits, there may chance that both may underperform due to the lack of chemistry.

Will you bet in choosing both of your best players thus risking everything or you will chose a safer option by playing one?

In fighting inside the team should be introduced. The game will be more realistic.

It will be hard to code for these scenarios and will need an AI to incorporate but they have been developing this game for 15 years for God's sake. It's time they actually bring some elements that worth the price.

Oh God hope they stay away from features like these. That's why I left their online forums. People moan too much about a well made game. Which just need minor updates to keep the fans enjoying. Its a very small team. Its a miracle that they have kept on going for 20odd years now.
Heck the owner ( chris child) is a full time professor.

i dont think it would be too difficult to implement, have two metrics that make up soft stats, personality, and morale.

morale would be a function of the team performance and individual performance, the ratio being based on how "selfish", for want of a better word, the player is.

the personality metric could be a simple 1 to 5 scale which would effect how the players stats are boosted or penalised based on match situation and partner, certain personalities are complimentary, others not.

furthermore you should be able to organise A tours, so u can play international players in the same team to develop their shared experience, the more games players play together the more "cohesive" they become.

the entire game is built on maths, and u can keep adding layers of fairly simple interactions to make the system more complex.

Back