IPL | Hyderabad Deccan Chargers vs Delhi Daredevils | Hyderabad | 22/04/08

Shahid A

Local Club Captain
Runs
Is expected to be One of the best games out of the whole tournament

Pakistani's players involved - Afridi, Malik, Asif

Im favouring Deccan to take this

Delhi: (probable) 1 Gautam Gambhir 2 Virender Sehwag (capt) 3 Shikhar Dhawan 4 Shoaib Malik 5 Manoj Tiwary 6 Dinesh Karthik (wk) 7 Rajat Bhatia 8 Mithun Manhas 9 Daniel Vettori 10 Farveez Maharoof 11 Glenn McGrath.

Hyderabad: (probable) 1 Adam Gilchrist (wk) 2 Venugopal Rao 3 VVS Laxman (capt) 4 Andrew Symonds 5 Rohit Sharma 6 Scott Styris 7 Shahid Afridi 8 Arjun Yadav 9 Sanjay Bangar 10 RP Singh 11 Pragyan Ojha.

i really dont think Afridi will bat at number 7.. he should be slotted in at 5 or 4

well i guess asif is not goin to play today......maharroof(man of the match in the first match) ,Macgrath, Vettori and shoaib malik are going to be seleted ahead of him!!
but yeah it is going to be a cracking game! would be interesting to see how chargers handle macgrath.

i would love to see gilly and afridi opening!!!! facing macgrath! wow! thatz exciting....i am supporting dardevils but i wanna see macgrath clobered a lil too ....

Blitzkrieg said:
i would love to see gilly and afridi opening!!!! facing macgrath! wow! thatz exciting....i am supporting dardevils but i wanna see macgrath clobered a lil too ....

u made the wrong choice supporting Devils

Temujin Khaghan said:
i want to see ishant and asif opening the bowling attack for delhi. it will be good. hmmmm...

well ishant i playing for kolkata.....cant happen...and till the time mahroof plays well(he bats too) no chance for asif but u never know....i like asif's style of bowling...

Last edited:
TruSachFan said:
hmm

who should i pick as a TP for cricinfo

ghambhir or afridi :D

well i would have choosen afridi... the guys bowls very well....but u knw i never count on gambhir he doesnt give me the heat...but that guy always prooves me wrong..........the opposition underestimates him thtz reson why may be he scores...

Who's going to be the sacrificial goat today? Malik? Or maybe even Asif.

kab shorro ho ga yeh tamasha.
I thought I was late and might miss first 5 overs but nothing on yet on CBN (Canada)

3.30 uk time..so about 8.30 indian time.. do ur canadian conversion for right time!

as their both similar bowlers i very much doubt mcgrath and asif will bowl together which is a shame!

Batting on the Chargers side is a bit heavy duty - so Delhi may have an upset here ;-)

world_peace said:
how long till the match starts?
probably 5 min
the referree cannot tell if it is head or tail on the coin :)

Last edited:
Who does Afridi play for? Hero Honda or the Jaipees?

Hope afridi gets some time to bat.. wanna see him out-beast the captain. :D

I would say that most Pak fans will tune in to this due to the PAk players on show?

Oxy said:
I would say that most Pak fans will tune in to this due to the PAk players on show?
mostly due to afridi beastliness is going to be unleashed on indian soil!

Typical gilchrist, that one went far. Stay away from the legs asif.

I don't know which side to support.

Is there anything called "slog overs" in T20? If no- then why isn't Afridi opening?

Oh no.

Gilly was in my Paisa Fantasy League team :(

Oxy said:
WHat or Where is Deccan?
It is some geological thing - like plaetue (spelling???) that either starts or ends in Hyderabad or is at it's peak there

Ghoshtbuster said:
www.watchipllivefreenoquestionsaskednoneedforbollywood$$$.com
It says 'No such thing as free on IPL bro'

It's Test match cricket going on out there!!!

Unknown Indian #1 looks like Ranatunga - and hits like him :)

Dont these teams have any Bollywood types supporting them in the stands?

Back