IPL | Kolkata v Bangalore | Kolkata | 08/05/08

Juggy D said:
Stadium looks empty. Why are the commies going on and on about 50k being at the ground.
they are getting paid to sell and market the tournament. If ground is half full in international matches they tell you. This is like these commentators have not yet talked much about bad decisions or anything like that. Kick these ex-players out and put in local commentators who root for their city. It just makes no sense in having Greg Chappell or Gavaskar commentating in T20. Well Gavaskar more as he is also in the Board of IPL. What can he say?

Last edited:
Strange decision by Gangulee to bat first. You would think chasing a target would be a better option considering the whatever little moisture in the pitch would have helped Sharma, Gul and co. Plus the outfield would have gotten a bit better later on.

Juggy D said:
Stadium looks empty. Why are the commies going on and on about 50k being at the ground.
The capacity is around 100K in this stadium

asifp said:
Ishant and Akhtar talking about their ghanee zulfe.
are you saying after Sharma bowled the over and went to the sidelines, Akhtar was there with a comb or brush?

Juggy D said:
I'm glad they are atleast giving the beast a consistent run dispite his indifferent run with the bat.

Why would they drop him? He's the best bowler in their team!

Steyn showing the bowlers from Kolkata (Sharma, Shoaib and Gul), how it should be done.

Fiery stuff from the South African.

Ganguly, average of 18 and strike rate of 80. Disgraceful stats for the captain.

15.5 Kumar to Umar Gul, SIX, what a cracker, full and outside off, Gul waits for it and tonks it way over extra cover for six, crisp as it gets, straight from Pakistan

:14: Go gul Go gul

KKR have recovered quite well after being 80 odd for 6. Should be an interesting chase.

Sharma needs to pick up a few more wickets, his economy rate is good, but opening bowlers really need to strike bowlers to put opposition on the back foot.

thats probabaly the best piece of ground fielding I have seen foe some time ..taibu was flying there !

i can't believe they played turtle over misbah .. bangalore deserve to lose.

gul first ball 131.9 last ball4- 138.9

sharmas highest ball was 145-146

dinda also touched 145.5

gul just touched 146.0 whacked for 44

TruSachFan said:
gul first ball 131.9 last ball4- 138.9

sharmas highest ball was 145-146

dinda also touched 145.5

gul just touched 146.0 whacked for 44

So far...

146.6 - Sharma

146.3 - Gul

145.1 - Dinda

brad hodge wat a throw

Banglore 32/2

would have been perfect time for misbah :( wasnt meant to be

switchblade said:
Really ? how consistent is this Dinda dude on the 140K+ range ?

I have seen him mostly bowl 138+.... wont be surprised if his avg speed for tournament is 140k+

This Dinda guy looks decent, his bowling didnt look fast but his speeds were impressive.

I wonder if the organisers turn the speeds guns up for some games? Even Tanvir clocked 145 the other day

TruSachFan said:
shoaib loves playing in india :))) :))) :)))

Bet he has more fans in India than in Pak (considering our huge population) :D

"They always s'pported me, always cheered for me, look at the people, such electrifying, I'm itching to play." Shoaib comes on the giant screen and Eden goes bananas.

Mercenary said:
I wonder if the organisers turn the speeds guns up for some games? Even Tanvir clocked 145 the other day
they must be putting all their energy because they know that spell going to last for just 2 overs at most unlike other version where you have to bowl 6-7 overs in a stretch.

Cricinfo said:
Shoaibi is wired up. "I had a really stressful month. Trying to get back to the side. Might be the next game."

"We need a few more wickets and I think our bowlers are doing a great job," says Shoaib.

"They always s'pported me, always cheered for me, look at the people, such electrifying, I'm itching to play." Shoaib comes on the giant screen and Eden goes bananas.

From cricinfo!

Mercenary said:
looks like today will go to Ishant. Gul is bowling slower after being smashed in the first over
team work. He is a nice person. credit to Gul :14:

dinakar said:
they must be putting all their energy because they know that spell going to last for just 2 overs at most unlike other version where you have to bowl 6-7 overs in a stretch.

I thought about that but one game Tanvir is bowling late 130s upto 145. then next games he bowls lows 120s with a top speed of 130.

Same runup, deliveries looked about the same pace yet such a huge discrepancy. Perhaps they have different guns at different grounds

Bangalore are digging in now, protecting their wickets so that they can bat till stumps for the draw...

""They always s'pported me, always cheered for me, look at the people, such electrifying, I'm itching to play." Shoaib comes on the giant screen and Eden goes bananas."

Shoaib is worth every penny of that $1.6 million.

Next season when the IPL salaries go up I can see Shoaib being the highest paid non-Indian.

OZGOD said:
Bangalore are digging in now, protecting their wickets so that they can bat till stumps for the draw...

actually dravid was going pretty quickly with a sr of 45 before he got out :))

kashif77 said:
...Shoaib is worth every penny of that $1.6 million...
He is getting $400K something and that million dollar report looks bogus as every other one now is still posting that $400K. that report also said 1.6 million was after taxes so it becomes over $2 million easily. And that makes Ganguly happy becuase as a super hero he gets 15% more

Last edited:
Ganguly to Dravid, OUT, and he's cleaned up up, too cute from Dravid and he misses the paddle-sweep, leg stump is out of the ground and Ganguly is like Greek hero in Olympia, running through the ground as if he's won the marathon, he's loving this wicket, Dravid looks back in anguish. The Ganguly v Dravid battle is over. And there's been only one winner.
a decade old rivalry??

Shambolic team selection and shambolic batting from the Bangalore Bores.

comeon Gullu have some Rooh Afza and bowl a 148K. Don't play nice here

Ganguly 3.0 0 7 1

:))) :))) :)))

ohh bangalore ...

what the heck were u guys thinking on auction day!

12thMan said:
He is getting $400K something and that million dollar report looks bogus as every other one now is still posting that $400K.

Shoaib has such an ego that it wouldnt surprise me if he gave Sharukh $1.2 million himself and told Shahrukh to add it to his salary so he wouldnt look like no-one wanted to pay for him at the auction

kashif77 said:
Next season when the IPL salaries go up I can see Shoaib being the highest paid non-Indian.

Not if he doesnt play this season or if he doesnt perform.

Mercenary said:
Not if he doesnt play this season or if he doesnt perform.

u honestly think he's not going to play and not perform ?

40 needed off 19 balls.

With Cameron White still there, anything is possible.

Good yorker there from Gul

white and misbah should be playing every match and should be batting up the order (3 and 4 respectively).

absolute madness that chandra-turtle and snail kallis were/are playing ahead of these two.

100 million + investment and u'd think this team would be run a bit smarter.

Cam White is the sole turbocharger in the entire Bores lineup (though you could argue Boucher is too). Can he bring the Hyundai over the line against the sputtering Ferrari (and yes, I know Shoaib isn't playing)...

30 runs in 10 balls - no chance!

They should pay a price for NOT playing Misbah!

Can Boucher do a Warne and get them over the line with 19 off 6 needed?

Back