Ireland (183/5) defeat Pakistan (182/6) by 5 wickets to go 1-0 up in the 3-match T2OI series

Which side will win the today's T20I game between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
I don't think 180 was non defend-able. It was just poor fitness/fielding and shadab's pies.
180 wouldn't have been defendanle if this was England or Australia or India or New Zealand or west Indies, or even Sri lanka lol.

Every game has a pattern.

A) Babar is pathetic at PP and tbh so is saim, rizwan didn't get exposed today but his 1 of 4 wasn't a steller start while Ireland who could have done better, atleast went at 6 rr in PP while Pakistan was at 4 RR dueinf PP. And this happenes every game.

B) Saim is always never reaching his 50

C) Shadab consistently plays 1 good innings every 25 games so basically one or 2 innings per 2 years.

D) Chacha is always a trash lower order finisher with falhar being a trash no 4 with a few outliers, Chacha today was an outlier while fakhar against Nz was an outlier

E) Bowling is always run machines with naseem and shadab 90% of the time being more expensive.

F) Captaincy is always poor, this is 5th time babar has bowled abass afridi in the PP deapjte records showing he's horrible in PP, he's best when you bowl him outside the PP, he's not a starter or finisher bowler, he's a middle over 7-15 over bowler, and babar has fumbled this 5x now.

G) Fielding is hilarious because watching our players dive is like watching a 90 year old try to run despite barely being able to get up from his wheelchair.

Babar and Rizwan opening was the problem so why are not winning when we have split them apart? 🤡

Riz and Babar in their early 30s will play at least 4-6 years...are some supporters, well so called, seriously gonna watch every game for the next 4-6 years bemoaning their presence?
Pathetic!

@Mamoon

One track captain? The track of defeat?
But who told you that Pakistan is supposed to be winning matches? It is a terrible team. It doesn’t surprise me whatsoever that they are struggling to beat Ireland in Ireland.

It is bound to happen when you have only 2-3 quality players out of 11.

Lol at people who felt Naseem Shah was the saviour. The guy lost us the Afghanistan T-20's with his bowling in 2023 and he has now lost us the Ireland T-20 as well. He is clearly not good in the T-20 format.

Tbh this for me isn’t an upset

Ireland are a solid side. Pakistan are poor.
I already told you bro, we aren't no 7. Tbh I was wrong as well about saying no 8.

We should be no 9/10, We're not > West Indies 100%. Sri lanka Bangladesh , Ireland idk.

But we're defo 9 to 10 ish

But who told you that Pakistan is supposed to be winning matches? It is a terrible team. It doesn’t surprise me whatsoever that they are struggling to beat Ireland in Ireland.

Who are those 2-3? Be clear now. You have a LONG 2 months coming up boy

He was about to say his trademark “we were 10 runs short line”

But then the interviewer said that “you told me you wanted 180”

He then said: “yeah….we needed 190”
Wow. This is not how Cricket works. You don't tinker on the line. Specially with teams like Ireland. If you think 180 is par. You aim to score 220. So even if you misjudged the par by 10. They will score 190 but won't be able to chase 220.

Also the fitness was telling. That and Shadab's pies. Without these two issues. Pakistan would've won it. But I don't know if Babar and management even thinks about these things.

Who are those 2-3? Be clear now. You have a LONG 2 months coming up boy
Babar, Shaheen and Fakhar on a good day.

Fakhar is top on his day but he is inconsistent and always will be. Everyone else is crap.

Well let's look at the players you advocated as quality.

- Babar: Terrible captaincy, Ireland captain was miles and shoulders >. And batting wise he has 4 RR in PP thanks to his 19 of 22. Credit to him for speeding up but look at how Balbirnie played compared to babar.

- Shaheen: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh and to further cause pain to your ego, imad's Ireland 5 fer last time we played against them is probably hurting your ego atm isn't it. You made fun of me for claiming imad 5 fer against Ireland was pathetic .

Where's shaheen's 5 fer?

Fitness is a long term process. It took Kohli at least a year after he changed his diet, lifestyle, exercise regime and was working out religiously 6 days a week and eating clean for almost a year, for it to show. A boot camp for 2 weeks is not going to fix our players.

Who are the team's dieticians, fitness trainers, strength and conditioning coaches? Why are they not held accountable? Do the players listen to them and follow their plans? It is clear under Babar Azam the team ignored fitness and nutrition big time and we have been seeing the disasterous consequences for the last few years.
They will not be held accountable because a Chairman is never held accountable. Every 3-6 months a new Chairman and management has been coming up these past two years.

Fair enough
Just letting you know, I find nothing fair about Babar's 4 RR in the PP.

If he makes a 50 fine. But how many tines will be do that? They'll be games where he fails like every player.

And when he does you don't want 19 of 22 scores in the PP from him before he departs. Just remember in the NZ series his 37 of 30

Babar and Rizwan opening was the problem so why are not winning when we have split them apart? 🤡
since they have been split up they are feeling lonely and they don't want to play alone, which is now effecting the team should sack them both and they can get back together and have their love affair

Well let's look at the players you advocated as quality.

- Babar: Terrible captaincy, Ireland captain was miles and shoulders >. And batting wise he has 4 RR in PP thanks to his 19 of 22. Credit to him for speeding up but look at how Balbirnie played compared to babar.

- Shaheen: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh and to further cause pain to your ego, imad's Ireland 5 fer last time we played against them is probably hurting your ego atm isn't it. You made fun of me for claiming imad 5 fer against Ireland was pathetic .

Where's shaheen's 5 fer?
Captaincy is irrelevant. The team is poor. Babar was replaced and Pakistan lost 4-1 in NZ. They would have probably lost to Ireland as well.

Babar is Pakistan’s best batsman and it not for debate. Shaheen is Pakistan’s best bowler and it is not for debate either. Not sure what you are laughing at.

Fakhar is Pakistan’s best match winner on his day but we have to accept that he will lose you 9 games before winning 1. You have to take the good with the bad.

The bottom-line is that how Pakistan performs is 75-80% dependent on the performances of the three said players.

If these three do not put their best foot forward, Pakistan has about a 75-80% chance of losing because it is very rare for other players to play a big enough role to swing the match in Pakistan’s favor in spite of the less than satisfactory performances of the three said players.

And yes this includes Imad and Amir who will also be non-factors most of the time.

Just letting you know, I find nothing fair about Babar's 4 RR in the PP.

If he makes a 50 fine. But how many tines will be do that? They'll be games where he fails like every player.

And when he does you don't want 19 of 22 scores in the PP from him before he departs. Just remember in the NZ series his 37 of 30
Look if Bobsy’s gonna play, he can only play at number 3.

As an opener, he’s probably not even better than Balbirnie

Lol at people who felt Naseem Shah was the saviour. The guy lost us the Afghanistan T-20's with his bowling in 2023 and he has now lost us the Ireland T-20 as well. He is clearly not good in the T-20 format.
He is not good enough in any format. People will realize it one day even though I have been warning them since 2020. Naseem hasn’t got what it takes.

Captaincy is irrelevant. The team is poor. Babar was replaced and Pakistan lost 4-1 in NZ. They would have probably lost to Ireland as well.

Babar is Pakistan’s best batsman and it not for debate. Shaheen is Pakistan’s best bowler and it is not for debate either. Not sure what you are laughing at.

Fakhar is Pakistan’s best match winner on his day but we have to accept that he will lose you 9 games before winning 1. You have to take the good with the bad.

The bottom-line is that how Pakistan performs is 75-80% dependent on the performances of the three said players.

If these three do not put their best foot forward, Pakistan has about a 75-80% chance of losing because it is very rare for other players to play a big enough role to swing the match in Pakistan’s favor in spite of the less than satisfactory performances of the three said players.

And yes this includes your two fathers Imad and Amir who will also be non-factors most of the time.
And who choose these players on his team?

When sarfraz was allowed to choose his team we won 2017 CT yes or no?

And you yourself agreed that 2023 babar not taking abrar was egotistical? So him not taking abrar is him making a team selection correct? Yes or no?

It’s Ireland mate, if it says it will rain

It will rain
Bro you guys are happy now with babar and rizwan getting removed from opening look what we got lost against nz team now ireland saim was never the answer but pak fans wanted to distrub the winning combination of riz and baber

Look if Bobsy’s gonna play, he can only play at number 3.

As an opener, he’s probably not even better than Balbirnie
I already gave you all the players I want replaced and their replacements.

Bobby should not play t20, something that I've been advocating since day 1. Playing Bobby in t20 is the same as playing Joe root in t20 or Steve Smith in t20.

Bro you guys are happy now with babar and rizwan getting removed from opening look what we got lost against nz team now ireland saim was never the answer but pak fans wanted to distrub the winning combination of riz and baber
Babar and rizwan were never a winning combination however.

After their horrible and i repeat horrible 2022 performance last WC it was enough to warrant new players. If saim isn't the answer then Tey saud who opened well in psl or try haris or give falhar his opening slot back.

2022 wolrd cup was a final that Pakistan reached without these 2 minus the semi final against NZ where they performed well

So this is our fault for wanting Pakistan to play cricket properly like all the teams do?

Saim did well today it was babar who was playing slow look at the strike of Irish players all were 150+

I really don't understand why Pakistan fans subjugate themselves to all this. Watching Pakistan under Babar is like putting needles in your eyes.

But I guess this circus provides great comic relief.
I was at work today so missed the match. Thank god as I would've needed some drugs myself after watching that.

And who choose these players on his team?

When sarfraz was allowed to choose his team we won 2017 CT yes or no?

And you yourself agreed that 2023 babar not taking abrar was egotistical? So him not taking abrar is him making a team selection correct? Yes or no?
Sarfaraz got lucky because Fakhar replaced Shehzad after the first match and proved to be the surprise package of the tournament.

Plus the CT is a tournament of flukes and upsets historically because 3 wins and you can become champions, so there is a lot of room for the unexpected.

If Sarfaraz was a great captain, Pakistan wouldn’t have played like minnows between 2018 and 2019 and wouldn’t have been so lackluster at the World Cup.

In 2023 World Cup, the main issue for Pakistan was not team selection but the unfortunate loss of form of key players like Babar, Imam and Shaheen. Shaheen took a decent number of wickets but he didn’t bowl well.

Babar and Imam partnership is very important for Pakistan in ODIs. It is the equivalent to the Babar and Rizwan T20I partnership. When they bat together and score runs, Pakistan looks like a stronger outfit.

Abrar should have been selected at some point and it was a mistake but such mistakes happen all the time.

For example, Rohit is supposed to be a great captain and far better than Babar but he kept Shami on the bench until he got lucky with Pandya’s injury.

Saim did well today it was babar who was playing slow look at the strike of Irish players all were 150+
Saim has 0 fifties in 16 matches with a less than satisfactory SR.

It is the same SR that Rizwan has when he opens and he scores 10x more runs. So it is clear that replacing Rizwan with Saim has had 0 benefit.

One track mind fans don’t have the courage to accept it.

Sarfaraz got lucky because Fakhar replaced Shehzad after the first match and proved to be the surprise package of the tournament.

Plus the CT is a tournament of flukes and upsets historically because 3 wins and you can become champions, so there is a lot of room for the unexpected.

If Sarfaraz was a great captain, Pakistan wouldn’t have played like minnows between 2018 and 2019 and wouldn’t have been so lackluster at the World Cup.

In 2023 World Cup, the main issue for Pakistan was not team selection but the unfortunate loss of form of key players like Babar, Imam and Shaheen. Shaheen took a decent number of wickets but he didn’t bowl well.

Babar and Imam partnership is very important for Pakistan in ODIs. It is the equivalent to the Babar and Rizwan T20I partnership. When they bat together and score runs, Pakistan looks like a stronger outfit.

Abrar should have been selected at some point and it was a mistake but such mistakes happen all the time.

For example, Rohit is supposed to be a great captain and far better than Babar but he kept Shami on the bench until he got lucky with Pandya’s injury.
And what was 2022 t20 wc? Go on Mamoon you can do it, say the word F L U K E

Babar and rizwan were never a winning combination however.

After their horrible and i repeat horrible 2022 performance last WC it was enough to warrant new players. If saim isn't the answer then Tey saud who opened well in psl or try haris or give falhar his opening slot back.

2022 wolrd cup was a final that Pakistan reached without these 2 minus the semi final against NZ where they performed well
So you agreed they performed in big knockout match vs nz so be honest can you tell me any player in pak team had they played that semi final without riz and baber would have won us that match i dont think that would ever happen with players you named.

lost an odi at Pindi against Zimbabwe
lost a t20i chasing 120 against Zimbabwe
lost t20 wc game against Zimbabwe effectively knocking us out but netherlands pulled us out of hole
lost wc odi game against Afghansitan
now Ireland..

normal day in office for Babu Bhayya..

if you criticise him.. he will respond “ KUI FARQ Ni PRTA” clown face on

So you agreed they performed in big knockout match vs nz so be honest can you tell me any player in pak team had they played that semi final without riz and baber would have won us that match i dont think that would ever happen with players you named.
We wouldn't have reached the semi final if it wasn't for Haris performing.

Babar and Rizwan will perform in some games obviously. If you give a okayer that many games they'll perform sometimes but will fail 90% of the time

Heck asif ali performed in 2 games where he played match winning knocks in 2021 wc, Afghanistan especially since Pakistan would have lost that game if it wasn't for him. During that game their were posts such as ASIF ALI IM SORRY, THANK YOU. and all that nonsense.

Does that mean we should have asif ali I the team at no 7 again? Because he had 2 winning knocks in a world cup stage?

The problem is Pakistan's bowling was good enough to defend 160-180 totals, the batting was never on PAR, now that the bowling is no longer doing its job, it has become impossible for us to win. These 180 totals won't work and don't feel either Rizwan or Babar understand that and are hoping that bowling will defend 180 odd runs.

We wouldn't have reached the semi final if it wasn't for Haris performing.

Babar and Rizwan will perform in some games obviously. If you give a okayer that many games they'll perform sometimes but will fail 90% of the time

Heck asif ali performed in 2 games where he played match winning knocks in 2021 wc, Afghanistan especially since Pakistan would have lost that game if it wasn't for him. During that game their were posts such as ASIF ALI IM SORRY, THANK YOU. and all that nonsense.

Does that mean we should have asif ali I the team at no 7 again? Because he had 2 winning knocks in a world cup stage?
Ok fair enough you made solid points but baber and riz are still your main guys in team

The problem is Pakistan's bowling was good enough to defend 160-180 totals, the batting was never on PAR, now that the bowling is no longer doing its job, it has become impossible for us to win. These 180 totals won't work and don't feel either Rizwan or Babar understand that and are hoping that bowling will defend 180 odd runs.
Dude, this is Ireland, and not Australia, India, NZ or England.
Pakistan ought to have dominated them from word go.

Andy Balbirnie’s swashbuckling 77 runs off 55 balls laid the foundation for Ireland’s five-wicket victory over Pakistan in the first T20I of the three-match series here on Friday, marking only the second T20I between the two nations.

Chasing a difficult 183-run target, Ireland reached 43 for two in the PowerPlay and then 153 for four in 17 overs. Needing 11 runs off the final six deliveries, Curtis Campher struck two fours, ran a double and stole the winning run off a leg-bye off the penultimate ball to hand Ireland their first win over Pakistan. Campher remained not out on 15 runs from seven balls.

Balbirnie was undoubtedly the star of Ireland’s victory and deserving player of the match. The opener clobbered 10 fours and two sixes, forming a crucial 77-run third-wicket partnership off 52 balls with Harry Tucker, who contributed 36 off 27 balls with three sixes and a four.

After Tucker departed, Balbirnie added 39 runs off 20 balls for the fourth wicket with all-rounder George Dockrell, who clubbed two sixes and two fours in a 12-ball 24. Balbirnie’s other useful partnership was for the fifth wicket with Gareth Delany (10 not out), yielding 24 runs off 15 balls.

For Pakistan, Abbas Afridi finished with figures of two for 36, while Shaheen Shah Afridi, Naseem Shah, and Imad Wasim snapped up a wicket each.

Earlier, a blistering knock by Iftikhar Ahmed and his unbroken 32-run seventh-wicket partnership off 13 balls with Shaheen Shah Afridi lifted Pakistan from a precarious 123 for five in 15.2 overs to 182 for six in 20 overs.

Iftikhar slapped three sixes and three fours in a 15-ball 37 not out, while Shaheen’s eight-ball 14 not out included two towering sixes.

Pakistan seemed on course for a formidable total before they lost Babar Azam, Azam Khan, and Shadab Khan in the space of five deliveries, slipping from 116 for two in 14.3 overs to 125 for five in 15.2 overs. When Fakhar Zaman departed at the score of 150 in 17.5 overs, a score of 180 plus looked out of reach.

However, Iftikhar and Shaheen demonstrated their power-hitting abilities to collect 32 runs in the remaining 13 deliveries to guide Pakistan to a score from where they could dictate terms.

Babar Azam and Saim Ayub had laid the foundation of a strong total before the boat rocked, which was solidified by Iftikhar and Shaheen. After Mohammad Rizwan was run-out in the second over, Babar and Saim put on 87 runs from 57 balls for the second wicket.

Babar, who batted at No. 3 to allow Saim to open the innings with Rizwan, notched up his 35th career T20I half-century when he scored 57 runs off 43 balls with a strike-rate of 132.5. His innings was studded with eight fours and a six.

Babar has now scored 3,880 runs in 115 matches and will be aiming to become the second batter after Virat Kohli to achieve the 4,000 runs milestone. Kohli has scored 4,037 runs in 117 T20Is. Rohit Sharma has 3,974 runs in 151 matches, but he won’t be playing any T20Is until next month’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2024.

Saim struck four fours and three sixes in a 29-ball 43.

Scores in brief:

Ireland beat Pakistan by five wickets

Pakistan 182-6, 20 overs (Babar Azam 57, Saim Ayub 45, Iftikhar Ahmed 37 not out, Fakhar Zaman 20, Craig Young 2-27)

Ireland 183-5, 19.5 overs (Andy Balbirnie 77, Harry Tector 36, George Dockrell 24; Abbas Afridi 36)

Player of the match – Andy Balbirnie (Ireland)

Did you think before claiming babar makes it over sheryas? Keep playing this game with me
At least you can have a discussion about it whether you agree or not. In your case it doesn't even exist because it never happened. Keep trying.

Ok fair enough you made solid points but baber and riz are still your main guys in team
I don't mind babar and rizwan as much as people think I do. Infact I was fine with then pre 2022.

My point is these 2 have been declining since 2022.

Babar avg and sr since 2022 has dropped from 48 to 41 and sr dropped drastically further.

Rizwan this year when he performs has a sr of 110? And avg of 33? Compared to what he use to have? And no I'm not counting this game or his previous game where he walked of at 20. I'm counting psl and January NZ series.

These 2 need to get their priorities straight or you start looking for replacements. If not saim then usman, if not usmanz then bring fakhar to open, if not fakhar try haris, if not haris try saud who had a better psl then rizwan, or Abdullah or whatever really.

I'm sick of Babar and rizwan being undroppable gods. If their failing then you need backups you don't reward Babar for his nonsense captaincy and batting. He's just as liable as saim is, this special treatment drama needs to end.

I don't mind critising Shaheen, Naseem etc, problem is when I critise them no one cares. When inctitise Babar and rizwan people rush and attack me 24/7.

Only person I've praised is abrar, because he's the only quality player we have atm. Imad isn't quality bit a massive massive improvement over nawaz so I'm cool with it atm.

Absolutely terrible team selection from the captain. No frontline spinner no Usman Khan. Again banking on rellu kattas
My post after the toss today. Shadab was the main culprit in our defeat. Hopefully captain will finally realise he's good for nothing and bring in Abrar next game.
And ensure this was last game Azam khan played and bring in Usman

A batter like Babar should be striking at 80 runs per 50 balls.

His innings cost us the game, we should have made 200+ and scoreboard pressure would have been enough for the win.

When are you pulling stats to praise our one and only king GOAT Babar and his prodigy Rizzu and shame us losers for even daring to suggest to change the openers?
Seriously? I rarely add comments to my stats

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Pakistan's bowling is not good enough. Personally think 186 was defendable on that pitch.
pakistan’s bowling is suffering because of low quality spinners. in t20 cricket , its a crime to concede 50 runs as spinner because its only the spinners in this format that can stop run fest.. they have to bowl in middle overs when batting sides usually slow down a bit.. but opposite is happening for Pakistan. very reason Pakistan could nt do well in last odi wc was lack of quality spinners

At 120-130 kgs, yes it is for Azam Khan!
Azam can take singles. Problem is he can't take doubles or triples. He's not fast enough to convert singles into doubles ans unlike most players who can take a single by running quick in the inner circle, Azam needs to hit it putsode the 30 yard circle just to take a single.

Truly embarrassing
We are still carrying around deadweights like shadab based on league performances, when the reality in internationals has been clear for quite some time

Pakistan cricket team hits new low…. Is it the effect of trained at kakul camp?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think once azam is in team ,they have to push him as an opener (virtually a walking wicket or quick 20 runs).Saim,Azam,Fakhar should be top 3.then babar ,chacha and aggressive batter who won't statpad as babar is already doing it.

It was fielding that was the worst in the whole game. 182 was not a bad total against Ireland but Pakistan ended up giving to many freebies during the fielding. Shadab bowled a worst spell on that pitch where we can see that the ball was spinning much for him to trouble the batters but he failed because he was afraid to bowl a tighter line and ended up giving easy hit-me balls.

This match proves the umpteenth time no main team relies on bowling more than Pakistan. Some teams can afford to have a bad bowling day and make it up with insane batting. Pakistan is not one such team. They rely on having a perfect day with the ball most of the time. If a World T20 event has good batting tracks like in the 2015,2019,2023 World Cups Pakistan will have trouble matching the batting power of some of the teams.

Babar and Rizwan made a combined total of 58 runs of 47 balls in a match where 180 plus was chased down.

Whatever position they are batting those numbers will never win matches especially when they are the two most experienced players... it’s a team game and those numbers will lose you matches consistently.

Darkest day for Pakistan, once again got beaten at the hands of Ireland.

There was time, when Pakistan had lost only twice or thrice after scoring 150+ in a t20 match.

But no one talks about bowling at the moment, because we have our agendas to prove.

There was time, when Pakistan had lost only twice or thrice after scoring 150+ in a t20 match.

But no one talks about bowling at the moment, because we have our agendas to prove.
I've been talking about the bowling multiple times lol. That's all I've been talking about for the past few days.

Wdym by no one talks about bowling?

Where are the Azam Khan cheer leaders? You're wonder boy was 10 runs short of his highest T20i score.
During the wc, when people were failing left and right, you said and I quote

" I am like a father, and Pakistan cricket team are my children. A father loves his children no matter what"

Now you're singling out azam? Azam is poor, infact I advocated for him to be booted, I'm one of his biggest haters along with shan due to nepotism selections but

I thought Azam was your Child who you love unconditionally?

After a long time watched the whole game and there were just too many holes in this performance:
- Babar’s initial momentum sapping innings. He was playing from both ends in the PP when Saim was sighting the ball pretty well and could have made a difference.
- Fakhar’s struggles when new at the crease continue. With Babar and Rizwan at the top, we just can’t afford Fakhar taking 8-10 balls to get going. Honestly dont know what’s the solution to this.
- Azam. The batting failure didn’t surprise me. As I noted in another thread even if he bats well the issue with playing him is you are replacing one of your best specialists Rizwan with someone whose keeping skills are not even good enough for domestic cricket.
- Iftikhar continues to come in with only 4-5 over remaining.
- Shadab’s role in the team?
- Babar’s captaincy when defending is perhaps Pakistan’s greatest single weakness. Zero aggression and flexibility in field placings and bowling choices.
- Shadab’s bowling?
- At least 2-3 dud fielders. Even more if you rotate in players like Abrar, Aamir or Usama.

After a long time watched the whole game and there were just too many holes in this performance:
- Babar’s initial momentum sapping innings. He was playing from both ends in the PP when Saim was sighting the ball pretty well and could have made a difference.
- Fakhar’s struggles when new at the crease continue. With Babar and Rizwan at the top, we just can’t afford Fakhar taking 8-10 balls to get going. Honestly dont know what’s the solution to this.
- Azam. The batting failure didn’t surprise me. As I noted in another thread even if he bats well the issue with playing him is you are replacing one of your best specialists Rizwan with someone whose keeping skills are not even good enough for domestic cricket.
- Babar’s captaincy when defending is perhaps Pakistan’s greatest single weakness. Zero aggression and flexibility in field placings and bowling choices.
- Shadab’s bowling?
- At least 2-3 dud fielders. Even more if you rotate in players like Abrar, Aamir or Usama.
I agree with all your points. As for azam I agree 100% but I would like to add

Tbf to Azam he's not bad at catching, unlike usman khan, Azam is a wall and doesn't really fumble catches, he takes them all cleanly.

Problem with azam is that to be a keeper, you need to make dives, jumpes, saves as well as being switched on. Rizwan has a key instinct where he takes of his one glove and aims for the stumps to get a run out when batters try to take a bye and a quick single.

Azam doesn't, infact last game he just let the final run happen. No effort was made to throw the ball into the stumps.

- Shadab’s bowling?
Babar needs to play aggressively trust his teammates that they will score even if he gets out early.

Fakhar was bad at no. 3 and doesn't seem to fit in opening now. His performance wasn't great there either. He is adjusting to his no. 4 position well but he needs to realize that at no. 4. He can't afford to take too many balls to get going.

Iftikhar is a liability when it comes to building the game. His strength is hitting pacers in death overs and he should be persisted in that role because he does well and we don't have any better player who can hit pacers in death overs for that many runs.

Shadab has lost his bowling mojo. Either he gets his bowling mojo back or transition to play as a batting all rounder.

Looking forward to Fakhar, Azam and Iftikhar's batting
Azam khan and Iftikar are ridiculous man, cant see the back of them forever.. Soon they realise and discard them from the final 15 that goes to the world cup is better..

From this 18 men lineup i would drop Azam, Iftikar and Hasan Ali to make the final 15..

Babar needs to play aggressively trust his teammates that they will score even if he gets out early.

Fakhar was bad at no. 3 and doesn't seem to fit in opening now. His performance wasn't great there either. He is adjusting to his no. 4 position well but he needs to realize that at no. 4. He can't afford to take too many balls to get going.

Iftikhar is a liability when it comes to building the game. His strength is hitting pacers in death overs and he should be persisted in that role because he does well and we don't have any better player who can hit pacers in death overs for that many runs.

Shadab has lost his bowling mojo. Either he gets his bowling mojo back or transition to play as a batting all rounder.
1) Babar can't play aggressively even if he wanted to, mainly because any spinner whos quality would get him out. He doesn't have innovative strokes against them, and his backgoot play is extremely weak. Against pace he can play aggressively but he's not a natural six hitter, so you'll have another Ahmed shehzad scenario where they guy desperately plays an attacking shot only to go straight to the fielder.

2) Fakhar hasn't opened since 2024, Fakhar in odi opening is the best pakistani batsmen in the past decade something Bobby the King admitted to in wc 2023.

Fakhar is not a no 3 or no 4. Fakhar had a poor psl, but he had good psl in 2023 and 2022 at opening, and even then ba/riz were stubborn.

3) That is not true, Imad wasim is heads and shoulders > him, inad was striking at 200 against c side NZ and had better PSL's. Chacha ks dreadful, he can't even handle neesham level bowlers. Minnow bashing =/= being our best lower order finisher. Haris and tayyab can do a better job then him.

4) Shadab as a batting allrounder lmao. He's a tail ender batsmen, his tulla bazi 40 of 20 scores will work 1 in every 20 games. Other 19 games he's useless. If you want an actual batting allrounder at 4, you can use salman Ali agha or saud shakeel, both of which are better batsmen, better six hitters and can bowl 1 or 2 overs as well. Salman agha more then saud shakeel but both are reliable enough.

Azam khan and Iftikar are ridiculous man, cant see the back of them forever.. Soon they realise and discard them from the final 15 that goes to the world cup is better..

From this 18 men lineup i would drop Azam, Iftikar and Hasan Ali to make the final 15..
What wrong Iftikhar did in batting yesterday?

Former Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ramiz Raja slammed Pakistan team after Ireland clinched their maiden T20I win over the Asian Giants in the first T20I of the three-match series. He said on his YouTube Channel:

"You can't defend losing against Ireland. The body language looks weak, you have made combinations that have affected the team. The team was doing well, but the captaincy was changed and then the new captain was replaced with the previous one. In a World Cup year, the team has fallen to seventh position in the T20I rankings and this shows the actual condition of the team."

"How will Pakistan win the World Cup, you don't have a combination, the opening pair is not set, the set batters lose their wickets and the middle order doesn't function well. In the current situation, how will Pakistan go to the semi-finals?"

"You know the capability of the team and you want them to play like India, Australia or you want to produce a player like Travis Head. The middle order is not set. Top stars are leaking a lot of runs."

It's clear that Azam is first choice.
What has he done to be the first choice... lazy fatso , moin khan is the only name that got him this far other than that he wouldnt have even made local zone team... outright nepotism...

Pakistan national team should change their name to Lahore national team...

What has he done to be the first choice... lazy fatso , moin khan is the only name that got him this far other than that he wouldnt have even made local zone team... outright nepotism...

Pakistan national team should change their name to Lahore national team...
Yesterday when Azam Khan caught the ball, fell of his back and exposed his bum on the screen.

It made me laugh so hard, I wish I had taken a 3 second clip recording 😆😆.

It was beyond funny

38/1 off first 6 overs against an Irish attack is a total disgrace. These chicken's are scared of their own shadows. Management should go to local supermarket and buy king size nappies and make the players wear them because they are in absolute fear.

38/1 off first 6 overs against an Irish attack is a total disgrace. These chicken's are scared of their own shadows. Management should go to local supermarket and buy king size nappies and make the players wear them because they are in absolute fear.
No disgrace...... because your team is of same level as of Ireland....
Problem is with you people, you are considering ur team as Australia or India..
But in reality you are minnows..... scoring 200+ in a T20 match is not your cup of tea..

Former Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ramiz Raja slammed Pakistan team after Ireland clinched their maiden T20I win over the Asian Giants in the first T20I of the three-match series. He said on his YouTube Channel:

"You can't defend losing against Ireland. The body language looks weak, you have made combinations that have affected the team. The team was doing well, but the captaincy was changed and then the new captain was replaced with the previous one. In a World Cup year, the team has fallen to seventh position in the T20I rankings and this shows the actual condition of the team."

"How will Pakistan win the World Cup, you don't have a combination, the opening pair is not set, the set batters lose their wickets and the middle order doesn't function well. In the current situation, how will Pakistan go to the semi-finals?"

"You know the capability of the team and you want them to play like India, Australia or you want to produce a player like Travis Head. The middle order is not set. Top stars are leaking a lot of runs."
Need to applaud Ramiz raja though he was a very good friend of Moin khan didnt really give his son the leverage that he enjoys now under Naqvi and Wahab

We need to get rid of shaheen, naseem, shadab, iftikhar, rizwan, Babar,

we need to build a new team
around amir, abbas afridi, abrar, imad, fakhar saim, usman, irfan khan and usama mir.

Give them atleast 3 series and then take it from there

Back