Ireland (183/5) defeat Pakistan (182/6) by 5 wickets to go 1-0 up in the 3-match T2OI series

Which side will win the today's T20I game between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
He's going to need a good 3-5 year stint together to have an impact.

A 2 year role isn't enough time for a long-term change especially for a team like Pakistan.

I doubt whether he will be interested that long. In 2 years he will have seen how the players, the captain, the PCB operates and he might just put his hands up and say i don't need this.

@FearlessRoar

Boss, I told you at the start of the game Ireland would win XD. Pakistan can't defend, any game where they bat first Pakistan will lose unless its USA, Canada or South Africa.

Babar deserved it, after accepting captaincy again despite being sacked just few months ago.

Historic moment Ireland, shame on Pakistan team, 180 was never going to be enough
Azam Khan didn't show ANY intent in getting that ball even though there was one run left to win. Pathetic. Shows he's lazy and that his weight is holding him back. Can't believe he is on the team. The world must be laughing at us
This is something I have mentioed he should have come closer to the the stumps, we still would have lost the game, but his week keeping alone, will lose you more games than him winning you matches with his bat....and for all those who support him, what has he done with the bat

Pakistan should never play a series against small teams. They only receive humiliation and injures key players before a World Cup.
Didnt you heard "enough experiments"? We only play full team, be it Gulberg or Australia. Experiments are for losers.

Azam Khan didn't show ANY intent in getting that ball even though there was one run left to win. Pathetic. Shows he's lazy and that his weight is holding him back. Can't believe he is on the team. The world must be laughing at us
That was disappointing. I too wanted to see some aggression to save that 1 but he gave up already.

Not the mentality you want to see.

I doubt whether he will be interested that long. In 2 years he will have seen how the players, the captain, the PCB operates and he might just put his hands up and say i don't need this.
After this performance, wouldn't be surprised if he's not going to even finish his tenure.

Good bye 2024 World Cup! I think, I might have wasted money on Pak vs Canada match tickets in New York....in addition to airline tickets!

:mad:

Why the need to bowl out Shadab when clearly, he his struggling, what was the reasoning for not asking Ifti to pitch in for couple overs.

On what basis was Usama Mir selected over Shadab as a spinner? Mir has shown more control with the ball and was the best PSL bowler and even won the final T-20 against NZ. This dosti yaari clique in the team needs to be cleaned.

I don't see Pakistan making a comeback in this series. After watching today's game. It's obvious the gap between Pakistan and Ireland Cricket in this format is small and our fitness is on par with Bangladesh.

0-3 whitewash. Would be lucky to avoid the whitewash.

Pakistan should be winning this one for sure. No excuses left now. Rotation etc etc. Play with a team that will be going on to play in the first word cup game as well.
They played with that team , carrying all the passengers and they lost it comprehensively...

I don't see Pakistan making a comeback in this series. After watching today's game. It's obvious the gap between Pakistan and Ireland Cricket in this format is small and our fitness is on par with Bangladesh.

0-3 whitewash. Would be lucky to avoid the whitewash.
Ireland kafi "clean" hai :ba

Didnt you heard "enough experiments"? We only play full team, be it Gulberg or Australia. Experiments are for losers.
Should never play against small teams. At least by losing to Australia or India you have that element of respect where you know the better team won.

Good bye 2024 World Cup! I think, I might have wasted money on Pak vs Canada match tickets in New York....in addition to airline tickets!

:mad:
When are you pulling stats to praise our one and only king GOAT Babar and his prodigy Rizzu and shame us losers for even daring to suggest to change the openers?

That was disappointing. I too wanted to see some aggression to save that 1 but he gave up already.

Not the mentality you want to see.
This was certainly not international material keeping. Anyone else would have ran and tried to throw it to the other end as quick as possible. This guy just walked toward the ball. He's a dud with the bat and garbage as a keeper. The Aghanistan series last year showed enough of his incompetence. And if that wasn't enough, the NZ series earlier this year should have been more than enough. Unbelievable he's in the team

Arguably one of the darkest days in Pakistan cricket. In fact, the last year has been one of the darkest periods in terms of performance and management I’ve ever seen. Everything about this team is mediocre, from the on field performance, to the personalities, to the brand itself. Kirsten isn’t goona do anything with garbage because at the end of the day, it’s still garbage.

@FearlessRoar

Boss, I told you at the start of the game Ireland would win XD. Pakistan can't defend, any game where they bat first Pakistan will lose unless its USA, Canada or South Africa.

Babar is dheet miti thats what you call someone stubborn and refusing to learn in Punjabi.. he still believes 180 is winning score in modern t20 cricket

Historic moment Ireland, shame on Pakistan team, 180 was never going to be enough

This is something I have mentioed he should have come closer to the the stumps, we still would have lost the game, but his week keeping alone, will lose you more games than him winning you matches with his bat....and for all those who support him, what has he done with the bat
Unless he's changed his stance which is completely understandable if he has, perhaps @Rana bhai could answer this

Arguably one of the darkest days in Pakistan cricket. In fact, the last year has been one of the darkest periods in terms of performance and management I’ve ever seen. Everything about this team is mediocre, from the on field performance, to the personalities, to the brand itself. Kirsten isn’t goona do anything with garbage because at the end of the day, it’s still garbage.
Have you realized as soon as this Chairman musical chair drama started and as soon as the fitness standard was compromised (meaning you brought Azam in despite his lack of fitness). Pakistan started slopping downwards.

@PakEngFan you wanna attack people now?
He basically attacked me for claiming the match was boring for broadcast.

And my opinion hasn't changed, if the broadcast was good I'd enjoy it but it gave me a headache and the replay tag looked like an animation made on PowerPoint.

Regardless when he claimed Pakistan was in the driver seat, he was wrong. When he wrote that message towards me Ireland were 50 of 2, RR was only 10, not a huge deal in t20 with 8 wickets in hand.

Not even close to the darkest day. This is just a random T20. Losing to Ireland in 2007 World Cup was though

It's clear that Azam is first choice.
He is done nothing to take a place in the intl cricket... he can smash all the club level bowlers in his own backyard..

This guy is so reluctant and arrogant to improve fitness , game etc,, showing zero performance still has that audacity to talk like as if he achieved something great

Terrible result from a terrible team but what can you expect when you create a team that contains such mediocrity, including a player who only dreams of even being good enough to be considered mediocre in Azam Khan. But to follow a terrible batting line up with a spin attack that is basically only Imad Wasim and Shadab Khan is just a different level of madness.

This was certainly not international material keeping. Anyone else would have ran and tried to throw it to the other end as quick as possible. This guy just walked toward the ball. He's a dud with the bat and garbage as a keeper. The Aghanistan series last year showed enough of his incompetence. And if that wasn't enough, the NZ series earlier this year should have been more than enough. Unbelievable he's in the team
Our superman Rizzu is playing with an injury. Now you might think that this is happening that he is super insecure and worries he will lose his place in the team.

NO! You are wrong.

He is doing it because he loves Pakistan cricket so much, he can play from the ICU, a hamstring injury is NOTHING.

Dont you dare think he is a selfish, conniving politician, who only cares about $$$, exploits religion to sell his PR image and wants to hog the opening spot so he can keep on playing t20 domestic tournaments and earn money. If you think that way, you are a hater!

It was not fluke today. I saw a gap in fitness and closing of gap in skills. Between Pakistan and Ireland.

He basically attacked me for claiming the match was boring for broadcast.

And my opinion hasn't changed, if the broadcast was good I'd enjoy it but it gave me a headache and the replay tag looked like an animation made on PowerPoint.

Regardless when he claimed Pakistan was in the driver seat, he was wrong. When he wrote that message towards me Ireland were 50 of 2, RR was only 10, not a huge deal in t20 with 8 wickets in hand.
I’m always keeping an eye out for my homies.

Not even close to the darkest day. This is just a random T20. Losing to Ireland in 2007 World Cup was though
This is not a random T20. These matches are crucial prep for the World Cup. We are playing what’s essentially a full squad and can’t beat Ireland, can’t field, can’t do anything properly. You sound like Babar Azam at a press conference 😂

Our superman Rizzu is playing with an injury. Now you might think that this is happening that he is super insecure and worries he will lose his place in the team.

NO! You are wrong.

He is doing it because he loves Pakistan cricket so much, he can play from the ICU, a hamstring injury is NOTHING.

Dont you dare think he is a selfish, conniving politician, who only cares about $$$, exploits religion to sell his PR image and wants to hog the opening spot so he can keep on playing t20 domestic tournaments and earn money. If you think that way, you are a hater!
You know you are replying to a comment about Azam Khan

Babar is dheet miti thats what you call someone stubborn and refusing to learn in Punjabi.. he still believes 180 is winning score in modern t20 cricket
Reason I made this prediction was because of 2 reasons.

A) Pakistan batting is way way too pedestrian, infact we wouldn't have even gotten to 180 of it wasn't for a cameo by chacha.

B) Pakistan bowling I'd bad, against top sides like England this team isn't even defending 220. Pakistan will lose 100% of its games if it bats first because of bowling. Ams because if Pakistan bats first we won't get 200, we haven't since 2022.

C) Captaincy and fielding, Ireland captaincy and fielding were terrific, they were heads and shoulders > us besides one drop catch of shaheen afridi. Otherwise their run outs, the fact that they didn't fumble, and their bowling rotation.

They were way ahead of us in this game. Also this game exposes the whole pitch pitch nonsense.

Babar was batting poor in the PP and atat padding, plain and simple. I was giving him credit cause I thought pitch was difficult but it wasn't, its just a typical babar innings lol

If Babar manages to survive the disasterous upcoming T-20 WC, it will be very clear he has a powerful pawa which he keeps using shamelessly.

This is not a random T20. These matches are crucial prep for the World Cup. We are playing what’s essentially a full squad and can’t beat Ireland, can’t field, can’t do anything properly. You sound like Babar Azam at a press conference 😂
Exactly. You can lose to Ireland when you're experimenting or playing youngsters just like they did vs Afghanistan or New Zealand C team. But not this. Not with your full strength XI.

They should be called back THIS night & told to hold a fortnight of PSL to combat IPL - right , there is a thread here about it (y)

I love Pak supporters who rejoice in their team's loss because their favourite player isn't playing or they don't like the combination or worse still they weren't consulted by the selectors... blah blah blah!
They're in dire need of loyalty lessons from club football supporters.

A) Pakistan batting is way way too pedestrian, infact we wouldn't have even gotten to 180 of it wasn't for a cameo by chacha.

B) Pakistan bowling I'd bad, against top sides like England this team isn't even defending 220. Pakistan will lose 100% of its games if it bats first because of bowling. Ams because if Pakistan bats first we won't get 200, we haven't since 2022.

C) Captaincy and fielding, Ireland captaincy and fielding were terrific, they were heads and shoulders > us besides one drop catch of shaheen afridi. Otherwise their run outs, the fact that they didn't fumble, and their bowling rotation.

They were way ahead of us in this game. Also this game exposes the whole pitch pitch nonsense.

Babar was batting poor in the PP and atat padding, plain and simple. I was giving him credit cause I thought pitch was difficult but it wasn't, its just a typical babar innings lol
You missed the biggest factor today. Fitness. It's atrocious. Where Ireland players were diving full stretch and taking boundary rope catches. Our players were rolling on the ground like humpty dumpty and miscalculating the boundary rope distance.

I really don't understand why Pakistan fans subjugate themselves to all this. Watching Pakistan under Babar is like putting needles in your eyes.

But I guess this circus provides great comic relief.
I watch because its funny. Theirs no greater satisfaction for me lol.

It's hilarious when people make claims like

Shaheen is better then waqar. Babar is best psl captain, shadab is a proper t20 allrounder and is switched on for tournaments like 160kph claimed.

It always gets exposed but after today atleast no one will make fun of me for claiming inad's 5 fer against Ireland wasn't a big deal. I kept telling people, If imad didn't take that 5 fer, we'd have lost the Ireland game last time we played them in t20. No one listened due to ego.

Goenka needed for belt treatment that KL Rahul got in the open. We need that for our king. Would pay top dollar to see that.

You missed the biggest factor today. Fitness. It's atrocious. Where Ireland players were diving full stretch and taking boundary rope catches. Our players were rolling on the ground like humpty dumpty and miscalculating the boundary rope distance.
I'm equating fitness with fielding that's why.

Azam Khan was horrible behind the stumps, Fakhar should have fielded better and no efforts to make any dives, in fact chacha was hilarious. If this was Australia they would have leaped and thrown the ball back inside the boundary. Since the catch was impossible at the angle.

You could have saved 5 runs.

Goenka needed for belt treatment that KL Rahul got in the open. We need that for our king. Would pay top dollar to see that.
Bro what's the point? People don't learn or listen to my suggestions.

This haplens every game.

Every game the captaincy is poor, IRELAND CAPTAINCY WAS LEAGUES >>>>>>> US TODAY

under Babar the entire team is unfit, and that still has not changed.

Bowling is pathetic, it can't defend anything.

And batting wise, it's too pedestrian, this is a 150 batting team that may occasionally reach 180 while Every other teams are 180 batting teams that may occasionally reach 220 lol.

Babar post match waffle full flow
Please share the gems.

Definitely, vibes and clean hai. Want to know which one got used. Can do a drinking game. Hell, i will do a drinking game with my friends over that after my exam ends.

BTW for those who disagreed with me and argued that babar won't rotate and will stick to full strength.

Remember my words " As soon as we lose one game, panic mode sets in and you'll see swip swops", only victories will result in same 11, otherwise panic galore.

This happened last year as well, like I've been saying.

Deafeats to Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, NZ School team

and now possibly Ireland,

Who is next: Uganda, USA or Canada?

Anything possible under the king!
even if they change the captain , it will still be the same...

until they kick out non-performing players like Azam khan and ifitkar ahmed they will continue to lose..
Ifthikar played all the game in the CWC last year in conditions familiar to him and couldnt even score a 50 and he is still the first choice

He was about to say his trademark “we were 10 runs short line”

But then the interviewer said that “you told me you wanted 180”

He then said: “yeah….we needed 190”
My oh my, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, the interviewer, i love him/her/they. Damn, cant call my king out like dat. :broad

Tbh this for me isn’t an upset

Ireland are a solid side. Pakistan are poor.

even if they change the captain , it will still be the same...

until they kick out non-performing players like Azam khan and ifitkar ahmed they will continue to lose..
Ifthikar played all the game in the CWC last year in conditions familiar to him and couldnt even score a 50 and he is still the first choice
Yeah Ifthikar is non performing, we should keep superman Rizwan in the team and king babar at opening. No issues there.

Should have saved at least ten runs then there were the usual dropped catches. The fielding won it for Ireland. Not really a surprise in my opinion.

Fitness is a long term process. It took Kohli at least a year after he changed his diet, lifestyle, exercise regime and was working out religiously 6 days a week and eating clean for almost a year, for it to show. A boot camp for 2 weeks is not going to fix our players.

Who are the team's dieticians, fitness trainers, strength and conditioning coaches? Why are they not held accountable? Do the players listen to them and follow their plans? It is clear under Babar Azam the team ignored fitness and nutrition big time and we have been seeing the disasterous consequences for the last few years.

Back