Ireland (183/5) defeat Pakistan (182/6) by 5 wickets to go 1-0 up in the 3-match T2OI series

Which side will win the today's T20I game between Ireland and Pakistan?

• Total voters
A bowler like Harris Rauf will be usefull against minnow teams like this in WC. They hate 150 Kph bowlers.

Gary Kirsten might be watching this online and shaking his head with what he's got himself into.

With the indian coaching role up for grabs too he mightve wanted to wait a bit and could've got that.

This Pakistan team is such a sorry bunch. The World Cup drubbing should have forced serious changes but Pakistan is back to familiar fields of being trounced left and right.

Have been watching Pakistan cricket since 1996 and I don’t think I have ever seen a worse team than this. Truly horrible sight to see.
Same after Sri lanka won the WC

Back in the days I used to watch so much of Pakistan, hardly missed anything. Not anymore

There is no urge anymore. Selfish, timid and mediocre cricketers. Watched only 10 min of cricket and switched off. It is like watching paint dry.

They don't want rest. Besides their workload is nothing compared to the likes of India, England, Australia who play way more cricket vs us in all formats. Even with rest, these bowlers are very ordinary and have not delivered for a long time. It is criminal we don't give chances and long ropes to other bowlers.
I doubt that. There is no way that Bumrah, Cummins, Starc, Wood are playing more cricket than our premier bowlers. And they don't want rest because they are insecure about their positions.

hahaha loving this humiliation
Ppl need to wake up with their white washes etc and living in dream world. I read somewhere ppl talking about semis we wont get out of teu group because they are so easy. Ireland are in our group apart from India they will beat the rest.

Gary Kirsten might be watching this online and shaking his head with what he's got himself into.

With the indian coaching role up for grabs too he mightve wanted to wait a bit and could've got that.

This is the time for Kirsten to show why he is an A lister in the coaching circuit. There is no point in going to teams with quality players, set structures and domestic system. His real claim to fame will be if he can turn around the fortunes of a team lacking in quality players and not helped by a poor domestic structure.

From Ireland’s pov

Balbirnie needs to finish this game

As per normal with Pakistan they tend to play total garbage before major tournaments. Judge them in the tournaments itself although I think they will get an absolute pasting given they play sides they routinely lose to

From Ireland’s pov

Balbirnie needs to finish this game
Bro you might have been right about wc t20, Pakistan are defo losing one game atleast against USA, Canada and Ireland, Super 8 progression will be a struggle 😂

I don't think shaheen shah afridi is the best bowler pakistan produced after imran and wasim

It think it's abbas afridi

This is the time for Kirsten to show why he is an A lister in the coaching circuit. There is no point in going to teams with quality players, set structures and domestic system. His real claim to fame will be if he can turn around the fortunes of a team lacking in quality players and not helped by a poor domestic structure.
He's going to need a good 3-5 year stint together to have an impact.

A 2 year role isn't enough time for a long-term change especially for a team like Pakistan.

This pak team is an absolute joke.

Batters still in the stone age with their approach as well as washed up bowlers in afridi and Shadab

Babar allowing Shadab to bowl despite getting spanked and ending up with 54 off 4.

Some question marks on these errors

Deafeats to Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, NZ School team

and now possibly Ireland,

Who is next: Uganda, USA or Canada?

Anything possible under the king!

Pakistan is a second tier team unfortunately. What an embarrassing display. Shameful.

Kings of T20I when it started and nobody cared, and now everyone's caught up and we've been comfortably left behind.

PCT needs to go back to pakistan after this series and play PSL

England will murder pakistan

Why the need to bowl out Shadab when clearly, he his struggling, what was the reasoning for not asking Ifti to pitch in for couple overs.

Since the IPL game seems to be one-sided thought checking the score. Seemingly Pakistan was tuk taking for 90% of the first innings? I don't think this is a regular ground. Smaller in size. So par score is probably little higher than 182

Deafeats to Zimbabwe, Afghanistan, NZ School team

and now possibly Ireland,

Who is next: Uganda, USA or Canada?

Anything possible under the king!
Cornered tiger attitude is required.

This was actually blessing in disguise before the world cup.

Pakistan should never play a series against small teams. They only receive humiliation and injures key players before a World Cup.

Azam Khan didn't show ANY intent in getting that ball even though there was one run left to win. Pathetic. Shows he's lazy and that his weight is holding him back. Can't believe he is on the team. The world must be laughing at us

Back