Is Joe Root’s reputation in danger due to Indian propaganda?

Joe Root has earned his reputation. He was not given or awarded that reputation for free, he worked hard for it.

He might have low scores on some grounds but no one can put his legacy in danger.

Except no one is doing that. We all admire Joe Root and think he is one of the ATGs. However comparing him with Tendulkar is futile as Sachin has world record in both red and white ball cricket by playing over 3 decades and facing bowlers from cross generation from Malcom Marshal to Tim Southe & Amir.

Kohli also broke his ODI century record. However, just like no one rates Kohli as a better batsman than him...when and if Root surpasses his test runs, he will still not be considered in the same league as Sachin.

All these hype is bcoz of couple of things:

A) Pakistanis desperately wants someone to topple SRT as he is an Indian and their own country couldnt produce a batter 25% of his calibre.

B) British media hype up their players way more than they deserve. They did the same for Vaughan, Cook etc before this. Also, if British media to be believed Stokes is the best all rounder of this generation when he hardly bowls.

#FACTS

Except no one is doing that. We all admire Joe Root and think he is one of the ATGs. However comparing him with Tendulkar is futile as Sachin has world record in both red and white ball cricket by playing over 3 decades and facing bowlers from cross generation from Malcom Marshal to Tim Southe & Amir.

Kohli also broke his ODI century record. However, just like no one rates Kohli as a better batsman than him...when and if Root surpasses his test runs, he will still not be considered in the same league as Sachin.

All these hype is bcoz of couple of things:

A) Pakistanis desperately wants someone to topple SRT as he is an Indian and their own country couldnt produce a batter 25% of his calibre.

B) British media hype up their players way more than they deserve. They did the same for Vaughan, Cook etc before this. Also, if British media to be believed Stokes is the best all rounder of this generation when he hardly bowls.

#FACTS
Still remember how in 2006/07 the Dravid fans from India and Pakistani fans were salivating with their tongues out on what they believed would happen in a few years :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So as per you and the purpose of the original thread -

* there is a massive Indian propoganda machine out to prevent Joe Root from breaking SRT records
-Kindly enlighten at what exactly what point did this machine start to turn its wheels? ie When Joe completed 6k/7k/8/9k/10k etc runs?

* hence against which other players is indian propoganda trying to 'PREVENT' others from breaking any records that indians hold?
- and at what points?
*If Joe Root plays against SAF/Sl/Aus/Wi/venezuela/Nigeria/Saudia/North Korea/Jhandutalaiya XI, both home and overseas,

How EXACTLY is the afore said and omnipresent 'indian propoganda machine' conniving to ensure that he does not break Sachin's ancient records?

EXACTLY HOW?

* So as per you if Joe root breaks the record, Indian propoganda is defeated/broken/smashed

* So as per you if Joe Root does not break the record, Indian propoganda was successful/achieved its objetive/cheated?

Just to put the disclaimer- am Indian but not a 'sachinsta' as you have graced your post with, and if 'Sachinistas' exist -

Would'nt you/the OP/the whole lobby crying bricks as if ants got into their pants here qualify as 'Rootanistas/Rootminions/Rootomatons/Rootomaniacs/Rootatomanadenge/RootoWhaadaplayahh/RootonFayaah/RootoWhatacamacaalit - take your pick :)

Hilarious that the sole purpose and responsibility of defeating the 'Indian propoganda' machine lies on the shoulders of an Englishman with the saazish sultans here fanning the coping mechanism flames to have a full nights sleep, rinse repeat and back again to bag us.

Like i said in my above post - no one has given any quantifiable/empirical/calculatable/measurable of this 'propoganda machine ' works , even giving them the choice of any player/nation/situation/format/series/context.

:ua
In all that word salad, I couldn't find a 3rd memorable Tendulkar innings from you.

15921 is the number Root needs to beat. It is as simple as this.

Last edited by a moderator:
In all that word salad, I couldn't find a 3rd memorable Tendulkar innings from you.

15921 is the number Root needs to beat. It is as simple as this.
i never planned to mention any SRT's memorable innings either....most rational indian cricket lovers donot got to bed fantasizing srt's innings or are hung up on his ancient stats....
besides you did'nt even respond to anything specific tht i asked as to how exactly was 'indian propoganda' prevent him from overtaking ST...
Enjoy dude - enjoy the coping...

i never planned to mention any SRT's memorable innings either....most rational indian cricket lovers donot got to bed fantasizing srt's innings or are hung up on his ancient stats....
besides you did'nt even respond to anything specific tht i asked as to how exactly was 'indian propoganda' prevent him from overtaking ST...
Enjoy dude - enjoy the coping...
You are proof that Sachinistas care about his records even though his has sod all memorable innings. Plenty of photo ops though.

I don't need to respond to anything specific when your response to the thread is proof of the Indian propaganda against Root.

That one photo of Tendulkar with Bradman still haunts them. They were dreaming of seeing Inzy there rather. Remember those old debates here where Inzy used to get compared with the great man? Inzy then, Root now and I am sure someone will be in future. However, there is one Tendulkar...then, now and forever.

That one photo of Tendulkar with Bradman still haunts them. They were dreaming of seeing Inzy there rather. Remember those old debates here where Inzy used to get compared with the great man? Inzy then, Root now and I am sure someone will be in future. However, there is one Tendulkar...then, now and forever.
LMAO, the below video would hurt them even more. A video uploaded by an Australian channel. Something that has nothing to do with Indians.

But, how dare you? BCCI paid them off. Just like the BCCI has everyone in the cricketing fraternity has paid them off. The only non biased and neutral people in the world with a valid and neutral opinion in the world are Pakistani cricket fans.

You are proof that Sachinistas care about his records even though his has sod all memorable innings. Plenty of photo ops though.

I don't need to respond to anything specific when your response to the thread is proof of the Indian propaganda against Root.

Once again a generic post by the Rootminion....
as per u every indian is obsessed with root not overcoming the tendulkar record.
and the 'indian propoganda machine' as you call it , has no other kaam but try to prevent Root from achievening this.
But when asked for specifics as to how , when and also giving you the luxury of any series/any player/any context and plese show how 'indian propoganda machine' is preventing him/others, you have no answer but just a generic " i dont need to respond to any thing specific"
bro - reality is you have been epic face palmed (if you knew what that was)
- you have no answers, no specifics just hawai fire....
like the rest of the saazish sultans that reside here.....
no empirical.quantifiable.meassurable.exemplary evidence......just the oppurtunutity to down India when you can....
Any ways, have a good day!

l
That one photo of Tendulkar with Bradman still haunts them. They were dreaming of seeing Inzy there rather. Remember those old :gillyebates here where Inzy used to get compared with the great man? Inzy then, Root now and I am sure someone will be in future. However, there is one Tendulkar...then, now and forever.
lol....sahi nass pakda....
that one photo...especially when the great Don proclaimed that in 1998 or so.....
i remember being in Dubai and discussing this with my pak mates.....
tote ud gaye......if that -ve energy and jealousy was ever captured and channelled.....imagine the benefit to humanity....
however - i still wish to state....if JR crosses SRT...good game to him and as an indian i will join 1000's of rational indian cricket fans in standing up and applauding......not that these closed minds will ever absorb this.... :gilly

The best thing Joe Root can do now is refuse to tour India or play in the IPL - as his life is now in danger.
'life in danger' ...don't let go of your day job.....mate
becoz holly/bolly/ or even your Lolly wood a'int in a hurry to sign u up to write movie scripts mate....
just a prime example of if a fertile imagination was put to better use....ah sigh....

The point was you lot started it first. Now you have reactivated me in every thread, you Chawal pouf.

Go run away like you did in the final 2 hrs before the game even concluded. 🤣🤣. I laugh at the indian students who get deported from aus 24/7.

Hilarious that an economy that claims to be the 5th greatest has the 2nd most no of immigrants situated in UK, Aus, USA and many other countries world wide 😂😂.

Yall love beefing from a country that can't import it 🫠
How about commenting onthe aasmani jaazbewaali .COM that as per you should have nailed it, on all parameters existing, in every field imaginable including in your neck of the woods-down under , where your .COM are not even in the top 10 leave alone being the distant second in all +ve parameters imaginable but ranking pretty high in the deportation/spending time in the slammer/every thing that a certain socitey should not/the -ve stakes worldwide?
And secondly, those you are claiming as 'chawal pouf' contribute +vely on every parameter possible, in both cricketing playing countries down under - just survey who is doing well in the economy vis a vis who is occuping most jails/detention centrres etc....
Peace dude!

How about commenting onthe aasmani jaazbewaali .COM that as per you should have nailed it, on all parameters existing, in every field imaginable including in your neck of the woods-down under , where your .COM are not even in the top 10 leave alone being the distant second in all +ve parameters imaginable but ranking pretty high in the deportation/spending time in the slammer/every thing that a certain socitey should not/the -ve stakes worldwide?
And secondly, those you are claiming as 'chawal pouf' contribute +vely on every parameter possible, in both cricketing playing countries down under - just survey who is doing well in the economy vis a vis who is occuping most jails/detention centrres etc....
Peace dude!
What? 🤣🤣.

You're just trolling now with gibberish. Use chatpgt next time

We all know that barring unforeseen circumstances, Joe Root will surpass Sachin Tendulkar as the leading run scorer in Test cricket.

This seemed fairly unthinkable only 4 years ago because Joe Root was in the middle of a career slump and lagging behind Steve Smith and Virat Kohli, let alone Sachin Tendulkar.

However, in January 2021, Joe Root flicked a switch in Sri Lanka and since then, he has been an unstoppable force in this format and 3.5 years later, not only as he left Virat Kohli in his dust, he is almost certain to soar past Sachin Tendulkar as well.

We all know how protective and sensitive Indian fans are when it comes to Sachin Tendulkar. For billions of Indian fans, any comparison of Sachin Tendulkar with any batsman has almost been viewed as blasphemy.

Sachin Tendulkar’s legacy as the leading run scorer and century maker is a matter of immense pride for Indian fans. It is as if they have monopolized batting records and only an Indian batsmen is worthy enough to have the baton.

For very long, they were under the impression that like in ODIs, if there is one batsman who could, would and should surpass the Little Master, it will be their new King, Virat Kohli.

However, Joe Root’s rise was not part of the script and not something that they were prepared for.

As a result, in the coming years, I can foresee a collective media (social & mainstream) campaign to discredit Joe Root and sell the narrative that he might overtake Sachin Tendulkar in terms of runs, he will never compare him to him in terms of quality of batting.

We the non-Indian stakeholders in cricket must ensure that we protect Joe Root from the fangs of Indians who will leave no stone unturned to manufacture situations, stats and contexts to make Joe Root look like a lesser batsman.

For example, they would fixate on his record in Australia even though, his record in Australia is hardly worse than Sachin Tendulkar’s record in Pakistan, and the quality of attack that he has faced in Australia is very much comparable to the quality of attack that Tendulkar couldn’t dominate in Pakistan.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Joe Root is one of the greatest Test batsmen we have ever seen. We are proud to witness a legendary Test batsman at the peak of his powers in an era where there is an over-consumption of T20 cricket.

There is no doubt whatsover that he would have been a phenomenal Test batsman in an era because his technique, skill and temperament are timeless.

Joe Root’s reputation will be in danger due to Indian propaganda because with billions of more fans than all other cricket nations put together, Indian fans and Indian media hold the ultimate power when it comes to shaping narratives. Their beliefs and their convictions become the ultimate source of truth.

This is how a bang average cricketer like M.S. Dhoni became one of the all-time greats and the benchmark for WK in post-Gilchrist era even though you will find better WK batsmen than him in all Test nations.

This is how Jasprit Bumrah has somehow entered the GOAT conversation even though they are several active fast bowlers who are as good as him.

Joe Root will be targeted over the coming years and we the non-Indian stakeholders in cricket have a responsibility towards him and towards English cricket to ensure that when he surpasses Sachin Tendulkar, he gets his due credit and the Indian voices who attempt to make him look a lesssr batsman in comparison are muffled.
@Mamoon Bro,

post #110 still awaits your attention....
Cntrl c cntrl V for your convenience and response :

"
DeFiNe CrIcKeTiNg InDiaN PrOpAgAnDa -

- using Ur choice of teams, series, formats, players, context, records, situations

- with Analytical, Empirical, quantifiable, measurable, calculatable EXAMPLES with sources.

AND

- Please also explain how different it is

FROM

UR Choice of any other team/teams."

What? 🤣🤣.

You're just trolling now with gibberish. Use chatpgt next time
really...?
ur best comback....use CHATgpt....lolllllz....
can't provide any quantifiable evidences and use CHATGPT as a refuge....
i guess i dont know exactly the proportion of indians in nz and aus jails vis a vis your guys....but am willing to bet - we've contributed massively to both down under countries economy and turnover...which is mor einline with our civilizational ethics, pysche and mindset ...,much much much more that your lot...any day....
try and research before shooting your mouth off....

really...?
ur best comback....use CHATgpt....lolllllz....
can't provide any quantifiable evidences and use CHATGPT as a refuge....
i guess i dont know exactly the proportion of indians in nz and aus jails but am willing to bet - we've contributed massively to both down under countries economy and turnover ...,much much much more that your lot...any day....
try and research before shooting your mouth off....
What? 🤣🤣🤣.

I don't even know what you're saying. Amd why would Australians bother contributing to Indian economy? And why would pakistani people bother contributing to Indian economy 🤣🤣.

What? 🤣🤣🤣.

I don't even know what you're saying. Amd why would Australians bother contributing to Indian economy? And why would pakistani people bother contributing to Indian economy 🤣🤣.
Dude....obviously you know zilch of what i am sayin....
sicne you mentioend deported students....
i mentioned the contribution of indian residents in nz and aus vis a vis your guys contribution to the same countries economy....
Does it even merit a mention/comparison?

Dude....obviously you know zilch of what i am sayin....
sicne you mentioend deported students....
i mentioned the contribution of indian residents in nz and aus vis a vis your guys contribution to the same countries economy....
Does it even merit a mention/comparison?
Why are you speaking like a castlevania NPC? I dont even know what you're on about?

Why are you speaking like a castlevania NPC? I dont even know what you're on about?
I brot it up becoz u mentioned "I laugh at the indian students who get deported from aus 24/7." becoz you wont comment on your own guys presence/contribution to the jail count/crime watch vis-a-vis the indians who contribute
+vely to aus and NZ....
maybe it might be a bit of an eye opener but a lot of Aus/nz locals might be laughing at your lot currently....
Just food for thought....

I have a question to all Indian fans over here. No insulting, just a genuine question.

Rn the pitch is a rank turner and it's essentially a 9th day test pitch.

If root can score a century and win it from here then this century is effectively one of the greatest innings of all time as its achieved against rank turner spinners one of who took a 7 fer in the previous innings.

Not only that, this innings will triumph any of Sachin's achievements in pakistan and yes that includes that 194 followed by his 8 test failures in pakistan as well.

Not saying Root is > Sachin as I firmly believe Sachin Is superior, But will this innings draw a closer comparison?

You all need to learn that Root vs Sachin isn't a bad topic, their alot closer them you think.

I brot it up becoz u mentioned "I laugh at the indian students who get deported from aus 24/7." becoz you wont comment on your guys presence/contribution to the jail count/crime watch vis-a-vis the indians who contribute
+vely to aus and NZ....
maybe it might be a bit of an eye opener but a lot of Aus/nz locals might be laughing at your lot currently....
Just food for thought....
But I'm not even fully pakistani and am half aus 😭😭.

How can my presence or my people's presence affect Australia significantly. Their aren't that many half aussie/ half pak people anyway, atleast not that I'm aware of, but even if they are, I doubt they contribute to the jail count?

Or are you referring to aussies in jail or pak in aussie jails? Either way it doesn't refer to me 🤣

I have a question to all Indian fans over here. No insulting, just a genuine question.

If root can score a century and win it from here then this century is effectively one of the greatest innings of all time as its achieved against rank turner spinners one of who took a 7 fer in the previous innings.

Not only that, this innings will triumph any of Sachin's achievements in pakistan and yes that includes that 194 followed by his 8 test failures in pakistan as well.

Not saying Root is > Sachin as I firmly believe Sachin Is superior, But will this innings draw a closer comparison?

You all need to learn that Root vs Sachin isn't a bad topic, their alot closer them you think.
If Root plays out for a draw irrespective of if he scores a 100 or whatever his final score will be , leave alone winning this current multan test match ....i as an indian fan will defo put it in one of the top fab innings played by a visiting batsmen in SC conditions....I will stand up and applaud as a true cricket lover... and passionate one at that....
Much like Steve smith 100 in 2017 in the Poona test -that innings has to be one of the ATG innings played world wide by whoever wherever...considering the turning pitch, the qualityof the bowlers, the match situation etc....

and yes, as an indian fan if Root is acheivening a draw leave along winning - i am happy to say that trumps Sachin's any innings on pak bhoomi....

for the upteenth time.... millions of rational indian fans would stand up and applaud if JR surpassed SRT's tally of total test runs....good game to him....

I only react when thread bearing clickbaits like 'indian propoganda/media tarnish joe root/joe blogg

all i asked for is any quantifiable/empirical/mesurrable / calculatable parameters with examples of any country/any player/any format/any scenario/any context world wide that proves 'indian media/propoganda is preventing joe root/any player' from getting the recog he deserves....

my specific question is ' EXPLAIN EXACTLY HOW'.....till date no one inlcuding the OP has answered.....

and now your response....

If the responses of late are anything to go by, I shudder to think Sachinista reaction worldwide when Root breaks the record!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If Root plays out for a draw irrespective of if he scores a 100 or whatever his final score will be , leave alone winning this current multan test match ....i as an indian fan will defo put it in one of the top fab innings played by a visiting batsmen in SC conditions....I will stand up and applaud as a true cricket lover... and passionate one at that....
Much like Steve smith 100 in 2017 in the Poona test -that innings has to be one of the ATG innings played world wide by whoever wherever...considering the turning pitch, the qualityof the bowlers, the match situation etc....

and yes, as an indian fan if Root is acheivening a draw leave along winning - i am happy to say that trumps Sachin's any innings on pak bhoomi....

for the upteenth time.... millions of rational indian fans would stand up and applaud if JR surpassed SRT's tally of total test runs....good game to him....

I only react when such cement headed thread bearing clickbaits like 'indian propoganda/media tarnish joe root/joe bloggs/ur friendly neighbourhood khalujaan's reputation'....

all i asked for is any quantifiable/empirical/mesurrable / calculatable parameters with examples of any country/any player/any format/any scenario/any context world wide that proves 'indian media/propoganda is preventing joe root/any player' from getting the recog he deserves....

my specific question is ' EXPLAIN EXACTLY HOW'.....till date no one inlcuding the OP has answered.....

and now your response....
Bhai, are you okay? You seem like you're loosing it bud

We all know that barring unforeseen circumstances, Joe Root will surpass Sachin Tendulkar as the leading run scorer in Test cricket.

This seemed fairly unthinkable only 4 years ago because Joe Root was in the middle of a career slump and lagging behind Steve Smith and Virat Kohli, let alone Sachin Tendulkar.

However, in January 2021, Joe Root flicked a switch in Sri Lanka and since then, he has been an unstoppable force in this format and 3.5 years later, not only as he left Virat Kohli in his dust, he is almost certain to soar past Sachin Tendulkar as well.

We all know how protective and sensitive Indian fans are when it comes to Sachin Tendulkar. For billions of Indian fans, any comparison of Sachin Tendulkar with any batsman has almost been viewed as blasphemy.

Sachin Tendulkar’s legacy as the leading run scorer and century maker is a matter of immense pride for Indian fans. It is as if they have monopolized batting records and only an Indian batsmen is worthy enough to have the baton.

For very long, they were under the impression that like in ODIs, if there is one batsman who could, would and should surpass the Little Master, it will be their new King, Virat Kohli.

However, Joe Root’s rise was not part of the script and not something that they were prepared for.

As a result, in the coming years, I can foresee a collective media (social & mainstream) campaign to discredit Joe Root and sell the narrative that he might overtake Sachin Tendulkar in terms of runs, he will never compare him to him in terms of quality of batting.

We the non-Indian stakeholders in cricket must ensure that we protect Joe Root from the fangs of Indians who will leave no stone unturned to manufacture situations, stats and contexts to make Joe Root look like a lesser batsman.

For example, they would fixate on his record in Australia even though, his record in Australia is hardly worse than Sachin Tendulkar’s record in Pakistan, and the quality of attack that he has faced in Australia is very much comparable to the quality of attack that Tendulkar couldn’t dominate in Pakistan.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Joe Root is one of the greatest Test batsmen we have ever seen. We are proud to witness a legendary Test batsman at the peak of his powers in an era where there is an over-consumption of T20 cricket.

There is no doubt whatsover that he would have been a phenomenal Test batsman in an era because his technique, skill and temperament are timeless.

Joe Root’s reputation will be in danger due to Indian propaganda because with billions of more fans than all other cricket nations put together, Indian fans and Indian media hold the ultimate power when it comes to shaping narratives. Their beliefs and their convictions become the ultimate source of truth.

This is how a bang average cricketer like M.S. Dhoni became one of the all-time greats and the benchmark for WK in post-Gilchrist era even though you will find better WK batsmen than him in all Test nations.

This is how Jasprit Bumrah has somehow entered the GOAT conversation even though they are several active fast bowlers who are as good as him.

Joe Root will be targeted over the coming years and we the non-Indian stakeholders in cricket have a responsibility towards him and towards English cricket to ensure that when he surpasses Sachin Tendulkar, he gets his due credit and the Indian voices who attempt to make him look a lesssr batsman in comparison are muffled.

If root plays frequently against Pakistan, then Sachin’s record in danger

If root plays frequently against Pakistan, then Sachin’s record in danger
I agree, and in addition to playing frequently against Pakistan, he should also hope that India travel to England frequently. He averages 100+ in England vs the GOAT Indian attack.

He is unlucky to miss out on Indian bowling in the 90s and 2000s. If he played in that era, he would have left Tendulkar in his dust thanks to Indian bowling.

Any chance any batsman ever surpassing Sachin’s test runs tally with an average of 54 or above?

Another filter incoming from Sachinistas. . . . lol

Filters are irrelevant, what is relevant is 15921

Once Root breaks that number - the rest, including Tendulkar's records, become a footnote.

Sachin's Chennai 99 knock alone is better than anything Root has ever played in his career but then again most are kids here to remember. This comparison is bit like Cena fans who has never seen attitude era thinks he John Cena is better than likes of Rock & Austin.

Btw, when you say this comparison is close, you only meant in test cricket, right? Sachin has equally great record in ODIs where Root is a Uthappa level batsman. Only Kohli come close to him in white ball cricket. So it is taking mutiple modern day ATG batsmen to match Sachin's records which he has achieved all on his own. So no modern day batsman will be bigger than him unless he achieves all on his own and not in partnerships. This is the point we Indians are trying to make but Pakistani posters are deliberately pretending to not understanding it.

Btw, we Bhartiyas are completely behind Root tomorrow

:rabada2

Another thing posters here (deliberately) miss is the pressure under which Sachin batted. Every time he went to bat there were expectations of a billion on his shoulders, especially in the 90s. Back then Indian cricket was all about Sachin and Sachin was the only thing in Indian cricket. His performance used to set the mood of the nation in schools, colleges and offices. He batting means streets used to be deserted and him getting out means game over and immediate tv close. I have lived all those days and well aware how it used to work. The situation was so bad in 96 Quarter final he was deliberately asked by coach to curb his natural game and not to hit one aerial shot fearing he will get out. These things obviously changed and eased out a bit 2000 onwards when young bloods like Yuvi, Sehwag, Dhoni etc arrived but back in the days he was the lone gun slinger.

So batting in such pressure cooker situation and yet achieved the records he did is the hallmark of the greatest batsmen ever. That is what exactly he is.

I live in UK and no one cares much about cricket and it is considered a minority sports. Of course they will cheer and applause when Root does well but he has zero pressure to perform. This hype is only created by ECB and Sky Cricket who often likes to hype their players like they did with Michael Vaughan in the past or Alistair Cook after that or how Ben Stokes is the greatest all rounder of this generation or how James Anderson is better than Steyn. Probably they do all that so that Pakistanis can lap onto those delusions. However the reality, for anyone that understands cricket, is way different.

@Mamoon You are right About Sachins record against Pakistan, very well, if your remove his 194* then he averages in mid 30s, nice.

Btw, just wondering Have you checked How much Root averages in Pakistan if you remove his 262? No, right

Lemme tell you, its 159 runs at an avg of 23.

Lets put your 140 iq to test here, batao sir, what is the solution to get root out of this conundrum.

Another query I have sir, if you remove Roots outlier 218 in India, he has 1054 runs in 27 innings which makes his average 39, I am sure you will have some solution to this too.

Another one, if you remove Roots highest score in Nz, he average 39 there.

@Ab Fan @Hitman @Rajdeep

Tagging you guys here so that you can see a 140 iq brain in its full glory. It will be a sight to behold.

Btw this ^ makes , Roots average less than 40 in 4 countries (4th is Aus where I didn’t have to remove any innings)

Try solving this @Mamoon btw, don’t worry I will help you, but no handholding here.

who cares what Sachin's record against Pak was? he performed against the greatest bowlers, and when pak was decent he didn't get to play Pak.

who cares what Sachin's record against Pak was? he performed against the greatest bowlers, and when pak was decent he didn't get to play Pak.
I think no one should care about this just like no one should care about Root’s not so great record in Australia. You will find such outliers in every career if you want to micro-analyze.

Joe Root is one of the best Test batsmen of all time and Sachin fanatics are attacking him for his record in Australia as if it will devalue his status and somehow hurt his credibility if he ends up overtaking Sachin.

So focusing on Sachin’s ordinary record in/vs Pakistan is just a taste of their own medicine because microscopic analysis can even make the likes of Sachin look not so great.

This applies to the likes of Ponting, Lara etc. as well. This is one area where cricketer viewership was better before the 2010s because players were only adjudged by their “big” numbers and no one was ready to slice your career in different ways to produce different outcomes.

@Mamoon You are right About Sachins record against Pakistan, very well, if your remove his 194* then he averages in mid 30s, nice.

Btw, just wondering Have you checked How much Root averages in Pakistan if you remove his 262? No, right

Lets put your 140 iq to test here, batao sir, what is the solution to get root out of this conundrum.

Another query I have sir, if you remove Roots outlier 218 in India, he has 1054 runs in 27 innings which makes his average 39, I am sure you will have some solution to this too.

@Ab Fan @Hitman @Rajdeep

Tagging you guys here so that you can see a 140 iq brain in its full glory. It will be a sight to behold.
Maybe you can tag 20 more Indians to get the collective IQs to surpass mine.

Is this really a challenge for me? This is so easy.

Pakistan & Indian conditions are not similar to Root’s home conditions. Therefore it is OK if he doesn’t have great records in these conditions. However, for a so called batting god, you would expect far better output in conditions that are closest to home.

From a technical standpoint, Tendulkar had far less reasons to be underwhelming in Pakistan than Root does for being underwhelming in Australia or any other country whose conditions do not resemble his home conditions.

I think no one should care about this just like no one should care about Root’s not so great record in Australia. You will find such outliers in every career if you want to micro-analyze.

Joe Root is one of the best Test batsmen of all time and Sachin fanatics are attacking him for his record in Australia as if it will devalue his status and somehow hurt his credibility if he ends up overtaking Sachin.

So focusing on Sachin’s ordinary record in/vs Pakistan is just a taste of their own medicine because microscopic analysis can even make the likes of Sachin look not so great.

This applies to the likes of Ponting, Lara etc. as well. This is one area where cricketer viewership was better before the 2010s because players were only adjudged by their “big” numbers and no one was ready to slice your career in different ways to produce different outcomes.
I agree.

Root's record in Australia is also something that can just be fixed in one tour, all it takes is one monster tour and it's not like his career is over. He failed one time when he went to Australia with the worst mental approach possible during the COVID-19 Pandemic where Australia laid the spiciest test wickets they've made since 1980s, in a team where everyone was being obliterated and he was the third highest scorer.

it's kinda BS people act like it's a huge hole imo, and I'm pretty confident he will fix it anyway next Ashes down under.

another thing I don't like about modern viewership is people don't value the context of things anymore, the day isn't far that someone would see Sangakkara's average in Australia, and then see Viv's average in Australia and then say Sangakkara was superior to Viv in Australia (who was perhaps the greatest visitor ever to Australia).

a lot of things just need to be experienced and understood instead of relying on statsguru imo.

@Ab Fan @Hitman @Rajdeep

This whole idea of demeaning Tendulkar’s performance of 194 in Pakistan and claiming that he failed in Pakistan is plain stupid and laughable one.

When you look at country level record, what matters most is performance vs top teams and that too based on sample size. Root failing in Bangladesh is not really a problem for him but him not scoring a ton in Australia over 14 tests is certainly a big problem.

Similarly, Ponting failing in India is a problem too, his average of 3.4 in India in 2001 series is a huge blemish. Just look at Australia’s record between 1995-2007 and how much that win would have strengthened their case.

It is not the be all and end all of everything but one top country failure over a strong sample set is a hole in their CV and that’s why they can’t be rated at topmost level when discussion is purely on Tests.

I agree.

Root's record in Australia is also something that can just be fixed in one tour, all it takes is one monster tour and it's not like his career is over. He failed one time when he went to Australia with the worst mental approach possible during the COVID-19 Pandemic where Australia laid the spiciest test wickets they've made since 1980s, in a team where everyone was being obliterated and he was the third highest scorer.

it's kinda BS people act like it's a huge hole imo, and I'm pretty confident he will fix it anyway next Ashes down under.

another thing I don't like about modern viewership is people don't value the context of things anymore, the day isn't far that someone would see Sangakkara's average in Australia, and then see Viv's average in Australia and then say Sangakkara was superior to Viv in Australia (who was perhaps the greatest visitor ever to Australia).

a lot of things just need to be experienced and understood instead of relying on statsguru imo.
Failing in a top country over a 10+ test sample is definitely a hole in any player’s CV. What I may hesitate is using it to show that the certain player didn’t do well in top nations away from home. That’s something I discredit from @Buffet analysis at that time too even though usually he is spot on with his analysis.

Failing in a top country over a 10+ test sample is definitely a hole in any player’s CV. What I may hesitate is using it to show that the certain player didn’t do well in top nations away from home. That’s something I discredit from @Buffet analysis at that time too even though usually he is spot on with his analysis.
Point is - Did Root stand out by score lots of tons in Ind or SA based on number of innings? Answer is NO. He does not stand out in Ind/SA and he has been just horrible in Aus.

Many players don't score lots of tons in one place but to be among the top tier you do have to score lots of tons over all against the top home teams who have bowlers avearging under 25. If you struggle big time in one place, but then you score heavily in other places. That's why combining many venues, as long as its a decent sample size, gets you a rough idea.

That's the main reason to club many venues. That way we don't penalize failure/low sample size in one venue.

Root could end up with lots of tons in Ind
Root could end up with lots of tons in SA
Root could end up with lots of tons in Aus

But if Root ends with 4-5 tons in all 3 venues combined despite Eng playing non-stop so many tests then you got to ask if he really belongs in the top tier. In my opinon, he won't. I love watching Root bat and I would love him to score couple of tons in next series in Aus.

Maybe you can tag 20 more Indians to get the collective IQs to surpass mine.

Is this really a challenge for me? This is so easy.

Pakistan & Indian conditions are not similar to Root’s home conditions. Therefore it is OK if he doesn’t have great records in these conditions. However, for a so called batting god, you would expect far better output in conditions that are closest to home.

From a technical standpoint, Tendulkar had far less reasons to be underwhelming in Pakistan than Root does for being underwhelming in Australia or any other country whose conditions do not resemble his home conditions.
Why did I expect logic from you?? My bad

Obviously you have taken a totally different route here, one of the worst rationale I have ever heard on any cricket forum.

Point is - Did Root stand out by score lots of tons in Ind or SA based on number of innings? Answer is NO. He does not stand out in Ind/SA and he has been just horrible in Aus.

Many players don't score lots of tons in one place but to be among the top tier you do have to score lots of tons over all against the top home teams who have bowlers avearging under 25. If you struggle big time in one place, but then you score heavily in other places. That's why combining many venues, as long as its a decent sample size, gets you a rough idea.

That's the main reason to club many venues. That way we don't penalize failure/low sample size in one venue.

Root could end up with lots of tons in Ind
Root could end up with lots of tons in SA
Root could end up with lots of tons in Aus

But if Root ends with 4-5 tons in all 3 venues combined despite Eng playing non-stop so many tests then you got to ask if he really belongs in the top tier. In my opinon, he won't. I love watching Root bat and I would love him to score couple of tons in next series in Aus.
Usually when looking at country level performance, there are few points that I look at. Now that may vary in case sample set is 4-5 tests only but if the sample set is enough, I look at
1) overall average in that country
2)any knock worth mention in tough conditions
3) any match winning knock as standout player

Tons are good to have but not necessarily the be all and end all for me. When he got flat pitches in 2016 in Jndia, he had conversion issues but now when the conversion issues is fixed, he has to deal with high quality attack and sporting wickets in India where scoring

There should be an asterisk next to Root's record if he surpasses 15921 .. denoting the free runs he got on Pak soil.
By this logic demote saxhin's free runs against Bangladesh or any minnow team that visited India?

Usually when looking at country level performance, there are few points that I look at. Now that may vary in case sample set is 4-5 tests only but if the sample set is enough, I look at
1) overall average in that country
2)any knock worth mention in tough conditions
3) any match winning knock as standout player

Tons are good to have but not necessarily the be all and end all for me. When he got flat pitches in 2016 in Jndia, he had conversion issues but now when the conversion issues is fixed, he has to deal with high quality attack and sporting wickets in India where scoring

Ton are surely not all and end all, but cute 50s don't help teams in most matches. Big tons helps to win or avoid losses. So not insignificant.

Well he may get another 10-12 tests in Ind/Aus/SA. So we will see.

Ton are surely not all and end all, but cute 50s don't help teams in most matches. Big tons helps to win or avoid losses. So not insignificant.

Well he may get another 10-12 tests in Ind/Aus/SA. So we will see.
Seems like my incomplete post got posted. Anyways, he will play more tests in those countries and when his career ends, we will have a more clear picture. A lot of players look great at peak but retire with a few avgs behind.

Valid point.

But

SRT didn't play any games vs Bangladesh in India...
I meant any minnow team that visited India + Sachin's games againat Bangladesh overseas.

You can't just pick and choose like this. Runs are runs at the end of the day.

Besides why are sachin fans so insecure about someone breaking a runs record? Since when was run tally the metric of who's superior?

By this logic Brian lara is behind the pecking order lol, Run tally isn't a metric. Once can break sachin's record if they schedule 15 test games against Uganda per year and congrats you'd likely smash that record in a year lol

And every time he has played Zimbabwe in India, they weren't minnows. Not a good team, but not minnows.
Doesn't matter. You can't pick and choose what to discount based of likes and dislikes. Take it up with the icc.

If Root passes Sachin in runs, then he passes him in runs, in the same way kohli passed him in odi centuries.

In the same way if I were to pass Sachin in runs by scheduling 30 test games against Uganda then I'd pass him in runs irrespective of the metric achieved.

Theirs a reason why no one took Babar Azam Seriously when he was using such rubbish exploits. Not saying root isn't to be taken seriously but still, apples to oranges.

Doesn't matter. You can't pick and choose what to discount based of likes and dislikes. Take it up with the icc.

If Root passes Sachin in runs, then he passes him in runs, in the same way kohli passed him in odi centuries.

In the same way if I were to pass Sachin in runs by scheduling 30 test games against Uganda then I'd pass him in runs irrespective of the metric achieved.

Theirs a reason why no one took Babar Azam Seriously when he was using such rubbish exploits. Not saying root isn't to be taken seriously but still, apples to oranges.
Never claimed otherwise. I've never tried discrediting Root's achievements.

Back